Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-23-2010   #401 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

"Well then what are you blokes waiting for?" Kain bit, "Let's hurry and beat them down and claim our treasure!"

"Yeah, and get our reward!" Lari exclaimed, "Let's hurry!"

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-23-2010   #402 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

The group looked around.

"So which way would the treasure be?" Bani asked. "You guys should know seeing as it's the reason you came."

Locke nodded, "Yes we must continue past the fog in this direction." He gestured and then began walking off.

As the party began going deeper into the deadlands the air became very chill and the fog more dense. It was becoming harder just to see the people in front of you. Locke began walking next to what he figured was Kain.

"Kain... do you think I can keep that crystal?" he asked.

Bani was walking with Jyrn when he decided to ask, "Are you still feeling ok? There are no headaches or any other side effects from the mist right?"

He was concerned because he didn't know exactly what they were going to encounter and Mjet did mention the treasure being a piece of nethicite. If it came down to it he wouldn't mind waiting for Mjet and the captain to return to their ship later.

12-23-2010   #403 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Kain looked beside him, as foggy as it was he could somewhat tell it was Locke, "... You're just gonna give it to Yuuki. I just know it."

"What? Why would a pirate give Yuuki the headhunter a empty arcane crystal?" Lari asked as she walked through the fog.

"This pirate is a weird pirate who seems rather fond of Yuuki," Kain told the redhead.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-23-2010   #404 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

"Oh no, I'm fine," Jyrn said with a shrug, "In fact, that was probably the best I've ever felt. It was like my body knew what reactions to take before I even thought about it. I may be difficult to communicate with in that condition, but the power..."

She then whispered, "It's why I requested the iron, I'm dead serious about dabbling in some new tech... If it works out, I'll try to set a limiter on the mist... Ufufu, this could be fun~"

12-23-2010   #405 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Dryn ran up to Kain and Locke, her headwrap and scarf pulled down and up to cover her face as if in distaste for the fog. "And he's our captain... why?" She questioned, her voice slightly muffled by her scarf.

12-23-2010   #406 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Locke shook his head though the action was probably lost in all that fog.

"Maybe he would know something about it since he collects those things," Locke suggested. "We can ask him if he's ever seen anything like it."

"Why would he tell us anything? And why am I still here anyway?" Ayala scoffed.

Locke ignored that, "So can I have it?"

But he couldn't ignore the new member's comment about his leadership skills.

"I'll have you know I was chosen as captain fairly in a democratic vote!"

Bani was still talking to Jyrn, "Yes... I think it could certainly be an asset in dire situations." He then listened to the hushed and excited tones of the viera.

'Here we go again,' bani thought to himself. 'how many hours of sleep will she lose over this project?'

"Yeah well I can't wait to get our payment and get outta here. Drink are definitely in order after this," Bani agreed.

12-23-2010   #407 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

"Drinks! I'll drink until I pass out, and then sleep for 72 hours!" Jyrn said with a grin.

She then shouted to Van, who was a small distance away, "You heard that Van?! If I pass out in the bar, you've gotta carry me back home, ufufu~"

12-24-2010   #408 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Van swallowed the question that was threatening to come out about how much Jyrn weighed. Even he knew it wasn't something to ask a lady.

"Van you should walk a bit closer too," Bani said. "If you're too far back whatever attacks us will get to you first."

The boy seemed to be spooked by the very thought. He jogged towards the group when

SPLOSH~!

A large splash and pop came from under his foot and suddenly he was beset by a swarm but he ran from it and caught up with the group.

"Van!" gasped Bani.

"What was that!?" the pirates who were up ahead stopped. Locke and Ayala turned but didn't see anything from the fog.

"It's fine," Bani replied. "He stepped on a trap but nothing seems to have happened."

He made Van walk between himself and Jyrn.

"Hmmm so the place is loaded with traps too? Something really doesn't want us to be here," sighed Ayala.

12-24-2010   #409 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't have Float." Dryn instantly replied. She pointed at Lari. "Maybe she does."

12-24-2010   #410 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"Must be quite the treasure, and no you can't have my crystal Locke," Kain said, the grin on his face growing larger. First an esper now traps? This is getting exciting!

"Hey, do you think those other pirates ran into a trap then? And yes, I have float," with that Lari casted float on everyone.

"Let's hope so," Kain laughed.

12-24-2010   #411 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Bani frowned, "That wouldn't be good. We better hurry. Thanks Lari. I had no idea you knew float."

"Thanks!" Locke said. "This will help with the traps at least." Locke decided he'd steal the crystal from Kain later.

"Let's hope Mtej and the captain are as fortunate," Bani frowned.

"Why would they wander alone like that when the captain is obviously injured?" asked Van.

Then then heard another trap go off up ahead and the tell tale groan of someone in pain.

12-24-2010   #412 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"Ohohoho~" Kain chuckled, "Now I wonder what could've happened there..."

"... That sounded a lot like that injured Captain!" Lari exclaimed.

Kain floated on ahead of the group to see what was going on.

"... And there he goes," Lari mumbled.

12-24-2010   #413 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

After finishing up spell studies in less than an hour, due to all you need to know is how to conjure the spell, Leila's family and Synn were out in Old Archades. Synn's magic was perfect to test anywhere, but destructive black magick had to of course be tested in devastated areas to cause minor disruption and total damage.

"So Leila, having fun with the incantation creation?" asked her mom.

"Yep! I love incantations~"

"Let's see then. Show me Flare."

Synn and Leila's father watched from afar, viewing the sight of Leila and her mother standing away from a large boulder, from the many others in Old Archades.

Leila pulled out her staff and readied up the charge. After a moment, she chanted.

"Oh catastrophic locus, annihilate with your incandescence!"

Leila's mother stepped back just in case.

"Flare!"

And after the waving gesture, a rip in the space opened, conveying a hole of powerful energy, which grew brighter each second until it burst into an explosion, destroying the large rock.

Synn opened his mouth in amazement, but Leila's father only kept his head straight, hiding the appall.

12-24-2010   #414 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Captain!" Mjet gasped as he activated a trap that sapped the very life from him. He groaned and fell back but Mjet was able to catch him before he fell.

"You weaken fast," she said. "I have to cast a spell."

He clutched the veira's shoulder and chuckled slightly and she set him down in the muddy waters they stood in. She began to chant regen.

"This treasure... it's going to be worth it right?"

The healing properties of regen washed over him but he continued sitting for a moment to catch his breath.

"Perhaps you should go back to the ship. If we encounter an enemy you will be of no help to me," Mjet said bluntly.

"Ouch, how you wound me Mjet," he replied. "What fun is discovering the treasure alone? Ugh, we shouldn't have left those hunters behind. They probably would be of some help right now."

As if on cue they heard splashing in their direction. Mjet tensed and pulled her bow out and readied to shoot even though with the fog even she wouldn't be able to react fast enough. However it ended up being the group that helped fight the Quetzecotl.

"Is everyone ok here?" Locke asked, ready to perform first aid if it were necessary. He looked at his rival who was sitting in the water but looked ok for what it was worth. "We heard a trap."

"I was a leech trap..." Mjet's eyes drifted to the back of the group with Van stood between Jyrn and Bani.

"The boy is sick..."

"Huh? I'm fine really," Van said. But he was really pale and had a few dark spots on his face. It was disease from the trap he stepped on earlier. How it escaped the group no one knew.

"Anyone have a vaccine?" Mjet asked.

"Ok that's it... we're going back," Ayala said. He grabbed Locke and Kain's arms and turned back. "We'll come back another day with a smuggled chocobo or something!"

"Calm down!" Locke said. He then cast cleanse on the boy. "Ok it's obvious that some people really shouldn't be coming along so I suggest we have a party to head back and another to go forward."

"Not it!" Van said.

"You're going back, kid," Bani said.

"I'm going back too," Ayala said. "We'll need a white mage to escort us though just in case. That other captain looks like he won't be any good to you all either so he'll come back with me and the kid."

"I really have no business here. I do not care about any treasure. I just want my reward," Bani admitted.

"Go back with the captain and you shall receive that which you deserve," Mjet said. "But as for me I shall in the name of Angus continue towards the treasure."

Bani nodded, "Ok. Lari and Jyrn are you going to go with them or go back with us?"

How will the group be split?

12-24-2010   #415 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"I'll go back," Lari declared, "I have no interest in this treasure you pirates are going nuts about.. I just want the reward and I want to go home."

12-24-2010   #416 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

"I'm going wherever Kain goes." Dryn declared. "I won't be any use to a healing party anyways."

12-24-2010   #417 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"And of course I'm going after the treasure," Kain added.

12-24-2010   #418 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Locke nodded, "That means we outnumber Angus 3 to 1!"

Mjet frowned but turned and helped her captain up.

"Ok, well a promised I'll give you to reward when we get back to the ship. I can't promise a ride back thought since we have to wait on Mjet," he said.

12-24-2010   #419 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

"Well, these new guys haven't promised me any liquor or treasure, so I'll go ahead and head back to Rabanastre," Jyrn said, "After all, I've got work to do."

12-24-2010   #420 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Thus the parties split into two. Ayala, Bani, Captain Angus, Jyrn, Lari and Van went back to the ships. Dryn, Kain, Locke and Mjet went towards the Necrohol.

"This sucks," Van pouted. "This was supposed to be my treasure!"

"They'll be plenty of other loot on another day," Bani assured him.

"Oh? Does the kid have an interest in the nethicite?" Captain of Angus asked.

Van nodded, "Yeah I'm the one who told them about it."

"What's so special about the nethicite anyway? Why does everyone want it?" Bani asked.

"It's just a trophy to see who's best? Not to mention some of the nobles in Archades are willing to spend a ton of gil just to be able to brag about it sitting in their drawing room. It's actually a pretty famous piece of inactive nethicite that poses no danger to anyone whatsoever... getting to it on the other hand..."

----

The other group moved through the deadlands and reached a mountain incline that led them up and out of the marshy area much to their relief.

"We should stop here and regroup," the viera suggested.

"And if float runs out?" Locke asked. "I think we should keep going as far as possible before stopping again."

He walked to the edge of the current cliff they stood on and tried to make out anything through the ocean of fog. He was especially trying to see if he could see any signs of the Necrohol.

Mjet followed him and looked out into it herself. A shiver ran down her spine.

"The Nethicite's Mist has corrupted this place. I can feel it strenghtening with every step towards the Necrohol."

"Having second thoughts?" Locke taunted with a smile.

"Never... foolish as it is... it is my captain's wish and I will do anything for him to come out the victor," Mjet replied.