Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-17-2010   #281 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Locke came on board his ship to see everyone chatting happily... especially Kain. It made his blood boil.

"Everyone... Guys..." he began. "I have something to say... uhm..."

Everyone continued on talking and Locke couldn't get himself heard over the talking. He clenched his fist and then took a deep breath.

"LISTEN UP MAGGOTS!"

Instantly the chatter stopped and everyone turned to the captain who was a bit red in the face... though not quite as red as his hair.

"Listen to your captain when he's speaking!" he commanded. "Now! Who is the captain of this ship? Take orders from the captain. However we ended up in Salikawoods someone will have to pay for it! Our goal was severely compromised and now we're set back."

Ayala stood up and pat Locke's back but Locke shrugged the offending hand away.

"Anyway we'll stay here and restock. We need the best crew as possible for this heist," explained Locke. He began pacing as he explained. "I saw what was there. It's a creature unlike anything we've faced as a team..."

He turned and looked at everyone's face.

"Be ready. That is all. We leave at daybreak tomorrow."

He turned and got off the ship to go into town and do Locke things.
----

Linus was in his restaurant counting his gil.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-17-2010   #282 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

"Good thing we made that detour then, right?" a random pirate remarked.

"Mmmhmm..." Kain slowly nodded in agreement. Had we gone straight to Nabudis we may have been pretty badly beat up, worst case some of us killed... "Okay well, after we get all our provisions I say we hit the bar!"

After a chorus of "YEAAAAH"s the pirates went off to do their own thing.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-17-2010   #283 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Russet and the others made it to the fountain cafe just as Yuuki was leaving. They came across him just as he was coming out the door.

"Hello... Mr. Yuuki was it?" Russet asked.

Yuuki had an unamused expression on his face.

"Anyway... did you already speak to Linus about the mark? I'm sure you told him of our involvement."

"I may be many things," Yuuki replied. "But I am not dishonest."

Russet smiled. He knew he could trust a fellow archadian.

"Of course not," Russet smiled. "It was a pleasure working with you. Maybe we can do another hunt together! Er, if you'd like. I'm still pretty new at this but I'm not much younger than you I suppose."

Yuuki didn't look like he was paying attention. He was looking beyond the group at something interesting in the plaza.

Russet made a confused expression and looked behind him but jsut saw the crowd.

"Excuse me... I have to cut this conversation short," Yuuki said. He then walked on by (yes walked not float) and into the crowd.

Russet shrugged, "Ok you heard him. Let's collect our bounty."

----

Locke was walking through the Plaza when he heard someone calling out to him. He stopped and listened again and sure enough the voice persisted and he knew exactly who it belonged to.

"Ah, the highly esteemed pirate Locke," Yuuki drawled as he neared.

Locke had to do everything to hold back the pleased smile that threatened to cross his features.

"Yes, well if it isn't Lord Mako Yuuki. What brings you to this backwater city?"

"I don't think it's really anything I should be discussing with an enemy, right?"

"I suppose. Though really this is a detour."

"Some new treasure I presume?"

Locke nodded, "Isn't it always?"

Yuuki looked bored and began to walk away and Locke followed.

"Speaking of treasure, I think you have something I'm interested in for a change."

"Oh?" Locke asked. "What is it?"

"Oh just something your reckless mate Kain picked up. An arcane crystal dropped by my mark."

Locke made a face, "What do you want with that?"

They took a seat near a ledge overlooking into a city garden. It was quite a nice view.

"Oh it's jsut a token really... a trifle. I like to collect keepsakes of my conquest."

Locke laughed, "Aw really? The great Yuuki into something as petty as that. You're surprising. But I'll see what I can do."

Yuuki perked up, a smile dancing in his eyes, "You will?"

"Oh course. We have nothing to do with some arcane crystals. Whatever they are for who cares. Take it why don't you."

Yuuki smiled for real this time, "Thanks. So what's the treasure you're after then? I find it surprising you'd be anywhere near the Salikawoods."

"Well... you're a traveler... I'm sure you've heard of the valuable crystal that's supposed to be housed deep in the Necrohol of Nabudis."

"Nabudis!?" Yuuki asked, sounding genuinely surprised.

"Judging by that reaction you've heard of it."

"Of course. It's pretty dangerous. I understand you're pirates but I think it would be suicide for you to go into it. Many have tried but no one has succeeded," Yuuki replied.

"Really?" Locke asked arching a brow. "Well if some tragedy were to befall myself and my crew wouldn't that make your life a little bit easier."

Yuuki chuckled, "Maybe but I want the satisfaction of turning you lot in."

"Well I'm here right now... why don't you catch me?" Locke asked with a smirk.

"I don't have to. I already have you right here," Yuuki pointed his chest. "But anyway..." He changed the subject quickly before Locke could reply. "Don't go there. There is nothing for you lot. Like I said many have went but all have come back with nothing. Think about it."

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-17-2010 at 10:11 PM.

12-18-2010   #284 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Linus just finished counting his money as he looked over at the approaching group and clapped his hands together. "Oh z-splendid! You are back!" he said in his accent.

Leila stepped forward once. "Yes. Back, safe and sound. We has some trouble with Yuuki, but we were okay after."

12-18-2010   #285 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"That's a shame," Linus said. "But he did put in a good word for you. He told me that you all were adequate help."

Linus reached into a drawer and pulled otu a sack which likely held their rewards.

"Split it whichever way you see fit. Yuuki took his portion already."

Linus laid out 10,000 gil, a gladius (dagger), murasame (katana), stone shot (bullets), and a pack of hi potions.

Russet grabbed the Katana.

"Hey Adelain we should find that pirate and give him this and get your staff back since he lost his axe!" Russet said.

How will the group distribute the rest?

12-18-2010   #286 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

"I'll be taking these then," Lari took the stone shots. She'd run out of them a few hunts ago and never got around to restocking. She then said to Russet, "Yeah that's a good idea. I mean, he did save our asses and all quite a bit with his healing."

---

Once Kain had finished whatever business he had in town he was now on his way to the one bar the Dies Irae crew always hit whenever they came to Rabanastre. Conveniently enough he had passed Locke and Yuuki. They seemed to be in their own world.

"Well I'm here right now... why don't you catch me?" Locke asked the hunter a smirk.

"I don't have to. I already have you right here," Yuuki pointed at his captain's chest. Kain wasn't sure if he wanted to throw up or burst out into laughter at how amazingly cheesy that was. Well they seemed to be enjoying their little chat so Kain figured he'd leave them alone. Hopefully they didn't notice him walk by though.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-18-2010   #287 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

"10,000 gil...spent 2,400 on tickets...7,600 payment back. I expected more, but oh well."

"Does anyone else want the gil? If not, I'll be taking it."

She had no use for a Gladius or hi-potions. She happily recalled her rich parents would get her anything, but not everything at once.

12-18-2010   #288 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Locke chuckled, "Right. As if that Murkha, Kain would listen to such a warning."

"You would wouldn't you?"

"You're a hunter, Yuuki. We're pirates. We're going to get ours."

"Cute," Yuuki said. "But you won't make me change my opinion on it. Please do heed my warning. The deadlands nor the necrohol is any place for anyone treasure hunter or monster hunter. Farewell."

Yuuki stood.

"Hey where are you going?" Locke asked, standing as well.

"I'm sorry if my world doesn't stop for you. I have places to be, good bye!" Yuuki left.

Locke frowned.

"What's got him running off so fast? And why should he care where I go?" Locke asked himself. "Whatever treasure is treasure. Who said it was easy to be a pirate? Nobody can understand what goes through that kid's mind."

He turned and went to go to the Sandsea to get some drinks. His crew were doing preparations so he could finally relax. As he was walking along he spotted Kain up ahead so he sped up to join him.

----

Bani decided to stop by the clan hall to see if his clan mates heard anything about the funny business in Nabudis. If anyone wanted to hunt some difficult game he knew he could garner some interest there.

12-18-2010   #289 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

"If that's all then I'll be going back to my house. If any of you want to visit, find a house with a green roof at the North End."

She bowed, before saying "Take care," to her party and "Thank you" to Linus.

She left the cafe in a rush and back to her home.

"Ugh. Sort of a waste of time, but at least I made friends. I hope I see them again. But..." She stopped in the middle of a crowd and pulled out the blue crystal from her bag. "This crystal...it summoned Famfrit. I better research this."

After walking for some time more, she reached her home, but there was a moogle in a red post office outfit at her door.

"Oh, mail for me?" she said.

"Yes, it is from your parents, kupo. Good day, Miss Leila!" the moogle scampered off quickly to deliver his mail.

"Mom and dad..." She opened her mailbox, which was really a open/close box due to large packages, and found a letter.

Inside, there was a check for 120,000 gil! What!? Leila couldn't believe it either. Her parents don't send her that much.

The letter of text she found inside said:

"Dear, Leila~

How are you doing, dear? Your father and I are doing very well, as a matter of fact, we've finished job that paid us extremely well! Since it was so much, I'd thought I would send some to you. Don't tell your father though, okay? I didn't tell him, because I wanted to spoil you a little. Tee hee.

By the time you get this letter, we should be in Balfonheim Port. We'll be taking an airship to Archades for our next job, though. Why don't you visit? Maybe you could help us, so we could see how you've been doing in magicks studies. Oh, I also have two books I'd like to give you, more about Black magicks. I'd really love for you to learn these powerful spells, in case you are in danger. So come by, okay? I'll be sure to spoil you more after this job, haha.

-Love, Mom
"

She folded the letter. "Oh mom. You do love to spoil me." She took the check, and folded it nice. She gripped it not too tight, but enough to keep it from getting dropped or attempted to be snatched. After putting the envelope back in the box, she walked off to the Rabanastre bank to cash in the check.

I guess, after this, I'm heading to Archades. Oh but...167,400 plus 120,000...the staff!

12-18-2010   #290 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Bani was on his way to the clan hall when he spotted Leila going to the bank.

"Hey Leila!" he greeted, jogging up to her. "Going to the bank with your hunt earnings? I hope that Linus fellow paid well. How did it go?"

He was curious about what happened in the Salikawoods what with the rumors he had been hearing all day.

-----

Locke said hi to Kain.

12-18-2010   #291 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Kain did a quick wave at Locke, "Yo." The two pirates walked on to the Sandsea tavern. The younger of the two had his hands in his coat pockets and was surprisingly not trying to mock Locke for a change. "I can't help but think we're gonna get tossed into some apeshit insane whirlpool of drama that will lead to life and death situations. Am I going crazy or is it just my imagination?"

---

After saying goodbye to the party she headed on back to her Papi's workshop. She was sure he had lots of work piled up for her and there's probably twice as much now! Larietta let out a sigh then a bit of a giggle. She enjoyed the work anyways so it won't be so bad.

12-18-2010   #292 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

"Oh...you wouldn't believe me. We ran into Yuuki, that famous hunter, who...sort of helped us. Then some sky pirates showed up and crushed our mark with their ship!"

Which reminded her, she needed to sell the bomb core she got to the shop.

"Before that though, I found this weird crystal." She pulled it out. "It...summoned Famfrit, the esper. We had to fight it, but suddenly, right before we were going to die...I don't know, I destroyed it, but I forgot how. Then, I went to peek at the Nabudis Deadlands...and saw some large, weird monster. It looked familiar...but I couldn't tell exactly."

[insert response here]

After putting away the crystal, she looked at her check. "Well, after all of that hard work, all I got was 10,000 gil. Which is actually 7,400 due to the airship cost. But when I got home, my mom gave me a check of 120,000 gil! Can you believe it?" She showed him the check, and kept a tight finger on it just in case. "I'm for sure as hell cashing this baby in."

12-18-2010   #293 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Funny you should say that," chimed Locke, waving slightly at Tomaj and then going up the stairs to go to his customary corner table on the balcony. He liked that spot because it let him keep an eye on the entire bar and keep his privacy as well. He had a seat.

"It's funny you should say that," he continued. "I just stumbled across Yuuki coincidentally. He was in a good mood it would seem. He warned us to stay away from Nabudis. Said it was too dangerous. What do you make of that?"

A bar maid came up to them giggling.

"What would you two like to drink?" she asked.

"I'll have a Bhujerban," Locke said.

----

Bani was shocked by Leila's tail. He almost wanted to ask if she were spinning a yarn. He almost was going to write it all off as fiction however until she got to the part about the deadlands.

"The deadlands you say?" he interrupted. "That's interesting you say you saw something there. In fact I was just going to the clan hall because of a rumour I've been hearing all day about something fierce beyond the Salikawoods. Now I'm even more curious since you claimed to have seen something as well."

She then showed him a check.

"Wow too bad Linus gave such a skimpy reward but lucky for you your mom sent that check."

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-18-2010 at 09:12 PM.

12-18-2010   #294 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

"I know, right? Well...I'm off."

After turning, she took one more pause. "If you're going after that beast I saw, I'd really get prepared. If I were you, I'd find another one of these crystals. They seem to give you power, like how I defeated Famfrit. Anyways, be careful."

She scurried off to the bank and entered it.

Ah, the dense smell of money. It was sort of sickening due to the bland scent, but that thought was driven off by the check in her hand. Luckily, there was no one at the counter for cashing, so she hurried before someone else instantly got to it.

The hume clerk there was looking down at her desk, doing some paper work. "Excuse me," she said.

"Oh, Leila!" sad the woman.

"Hello, Diane."

"Another check from your parents?"

"Yes. In fact, a lot this time."

"Well, just give me the check and I'll be right back."

She handed her the check and as expected, the clerk walked off away from the counter and to some other spot in the large, employee-only area.

"Dust...that staff is about to be mine."

After a few minutes, Diane came back with a tightly wrapped bag full of gil. It was sort of heavy to hold, but it was light enough to carry with both arms.

"Thanks, Diane!"

"Take care now!"

Leila hurried back to her home and pulled out 130,000 gil from her sealed bank. Oof, another heavy bag. She should call her friend to her home instead.

Leaving the two bags of 250,000 gil behind, she headed off to the clan hall to find Dust, the keeper of the Staff of the Magi.

12-18-2010   #295 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Kain pulled up a seat too and took off his gloves, "And you're gonna actually heed his warning? An Archadian for me." After slipping the gloves into his pocket (not the one with the crystal) he ran a hand up his forehead and ran his fingers through his hair and let out a sigh, "... I don't get why you dig that guy so much."

12-18-2010   #296 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

The barmaid giggled.

"A bhujerban and an archadian walk into a bar," she began... "And they each order a bhujerban and archadian brew respectively. Well how 'bout that! I'll be right back!"

She went back down to the bar.

Locke shook his head at the girl, "Seems Tomaj hired new staff."

He then looked back at Kain and shrugged, "I don't know what you mean." He said in reply to Kain saying something about what he saw in Yuuki.

"Anyway, I told him we're pirates and that we're going to go after that treasure regardless of what he says. He wants that arcane crystal you found though. I told him you'd give it back. It's not like we need it for anything."

----

Bani went to the clan hall after talking to Leila and she went to the bank. He went up the stairs to where Monid a bangaa was sitting with some younger hunters.

"Hey Monid," he greeted. "Anything new?"

"If you must know... Montblanc would be the person to go to."

12-18-2010   #297 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"Seems Tomaj hired new staff."

"Seems so."

After listening to what his captain had to say Kain flashed a grin, "Good good... Oh yeah the crystal. I'll give it back next time I see him. I just... find it odd he wants it of all things, you know?"

12-18-2010   #298 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Leila arrived at the entrance, but didn't have to go inside, because the person she was looking for was already standing outside, in his "cool" personality. Dust the Seeq waved hi as she approached.

"Need something from me? The staff?"

"Yeah! I got the money." You greedy little...

"So, where is it?"

"It's at my house. Bring the staff and I'll give it to you."

"Sure then. I'll be over in a bit." Dust walked inside the clan home and went to go find the staff.

Leila, merrily walked back to her home. "With that staff...I am going to be so strong now."

12-18-2010   #299 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Hanta!" said Locke when Kain agreed to give the crystal back. Then when Kain expressed his concern about Yuuki wanting them he replied. "Well, he told me what he wanted with them. It seems innocent enough so don't worry about something so trivial. Yuuki may be a head hunter but that doesn't mean everything he does is some elaborate trap or anything. If I must be honest I don't think Yuuki has any real intention to capture any of us... he has been taking on more monster hunts lately. Maybe it's just a show. But anyway about this treasure I think we should discuss our plan with the navigator and make sure everything goes smoothly."

----

Bani decided to go to Montblanc after talking to Monid.

"Hey montblanc," he greeted.

"Bani! Long time no see, kupo!" the moogle greeted. "What brings you here? he notice board at the sandsea all cleared up?"

"You know it," Bani replied good naturedly. "But actually tomaj said you might have an interesting mark."

"Maybe," was the cryptic response.

"I see," Bani said. "Well let me tell you something I found interesting. I would love to hear your opinion."

Bani proceeded to talk about the mark in the salikawoods, the rumors, what Leila encountered, and the treasure.

Montblanc nodded and rubbed his whiskers as he listened.

"That all sounds pretty close to what I've been hearing going around the clan hall too," admitted the moggle.

"Really?"

Montblan nodded again, "Yes. But I have to say the mark I have has been in my possession for quite some time but I just wasn't sure who to give it to."

"What do you mean? Is it special?"

"It's just... different from the usual fare I give out. But your information has given me a lot of food for thought. Why don't you go see what Tomaj has while I mull this over."

Bani was so disappointed but he didn't argue with Montblanc. He left to go back to the sandsea.

----

back at the sandsea, Tomaj was posting some new bills on the bulletin board.

12-18-2010   #300 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"Yeah," Kain nodded in agreement, "Hopefully we won't get screwed over way too much by the bloody beast hanging around in those deadlands... Though in the end it may be a piece of cake and Yuuki's just exaggerating."

Kain leaned forward, propped his elbow on the table and held his head up. He seems bored, "... Anyways. I feel like I could eat a chocobo... I haven't eaten anything all day..."