Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-16-2010   #241 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

"Is there a point to any of this?" Yuuki asked.

He didn't really want to be bothered with the pirate at the moment. He wanted to get back to Rabanastre and turn in the hunt and then continue on with his business. Suddenly though he recalled something..

"Unless of course you wish to return the crystal you pilfered..."

----

the cannon fired a gush of water at Lari! The strength of the blast almost knocked Locke off from where he was hanging on to his axe handle.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-16-2010   #242 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

"Lari!" Leila cried.

Before she even knew it, Famfrit fired a quick cannonade that hit her directly.

"Ungh!"

She crashed onto the ground, but the impact snapped her back to standing up.

She needed to help Lari immediately, but noticed Famfrit stomping the ground. A roar emitted from the esper, then it looked at her, no one else. A cold, sharp glare, even though she couldn't really locate its face, was felt staring at her.

A sort of telepathic message echoed into her head. "You who have called me, prove me your strength."

Another memory from the studying of espers. Espers are usually called forth to a person, whom has the potential worthy of unlocking his or her true powers. That strength is determined by a test. When called to a confrontation with the chosen one, it is either life-or-death.

12-16-2010   #243 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

Lari quickly rolled to the side and just barely avoided the blast. She didn't quite recover yet but she was already firing shots at the esper once again but from the ground. She wanted to run off after the pirate who ditched them just so she wouldn't have to deal with this.

---

"Of course there is, Mako!" Kain said, then crossed his arms, "... Well, no, actually." he muttered.

"Unless of course you wish to return the crystal you pilfered..."

"Eh? Crystal?... Oh right... But... Why are you collecting the souls of monsters?" He asked as he slipped his hand into his pocket slowly and fingered the crystal, feeling its form, "... You aren't exactly the type that just hordes these and sells 'em for lots of gil, considering how much trouble they are to collect in the first place..."

Kain didn't deny his curiosity. Normally he'd just try to play around with Yuuki be it harassment of sorts but for once he was rather serious. And curious.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-16-2010   #244 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Locke was forced to abandon his Axe. He concentrated on doing curaja on the group.

---

"How do you know exactly 'what type' I am? I am a hunter aren't I?" he asked.

Yuuki turned his back towards Kain and floated away. If he wasn't going to give the crystal then he was wasting his time.

12-16-2010   #245 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Kain blinked and smirked, "... I was gonna hand it back to you in the end too... Welp if you don't want this crystal then that's okay. I'll just sell it off later."

With a shrug of his shoulders Kain turned to walk back in the direction of the Esper fight... Then turned again since he didn't feel like facing Locke's wraith quite yet. He jumped up to the highest points of the canopies and leapt his way around, making sure to have a good view of the top of the trees and the surrounding scenery. He was sure he'd hit a camp with chocobos if he traveled enough.

You may be a hunter but are you really masochistic enough to horde Arcane crystals just for cash?

---

Lari eventually got back on her feet. She went through her pockets and to her dismay discovered she only had around five wyrmfire shells left, a bunch of aqua shots, a few aeroshots and onion shots. She cursed under her breath.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 12-16-2010 at 07:55 PM.

12-16-2010   #246 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Upon hearing Kain say something about giving it back Yuuki turned around just in time to see Kain disappear into the forest canopy.

He looked up and shouted, "Then give it back then!"

He heard no reply though and frowned. He really should just one day focus on killing... er, capturing that crew. Then they'd be out of his hair for good.

----
The chocobos of our dear hunters were still at the mesphoran highwaste. Let's hope Kain doesn't come across them.

----

Everyone was cured thanks to Locke.

12-16-2010   #247 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

Leila recasted Faith on herself. Then charged up a Thundaga spell.

Blahbla...

Before she finished her incantation, she noticed Famfrit was looking at the sky. His ewer was also pointed at the sky. What was it...

Oh no. Everyone was in danger now.

Tsunami, used from the air. No one would escape.

"Guys, guard yourselves!"

Leila shrugged her cast off and quickly readied a Shell spell on herself.

12-16-2010   #248 (permalink)
Special
Games

Lari braced herself for the attack which was about to strike the party. And that stupid pirate just had to leave with his protectga and shellga, too....

---

With haste and his great agility, Kain kept going until he saw a camp in the distance. Judging from the area beyond it, it was that of the Mesphoran Highwaste. Kain didn't waste anymore time to make his way over there.

12-16-2010   #249 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Locke cast cura just to make sure everyone was at full health before the floodgates were let open. Just as he finished his spell he went to Dryn and Russet as they were closest, pushing them to the ground and using his body to shield them.

SWOPLOSHHH~!

Russet groaned, pain coursing through his body. magickally enhanced water was all around him and he scrunched his eyes tightly, praying for it to pass quickly and clinging to the body above him like an anchor. The sound of the water was deafening but soon it grew silent.

Finally the attack had passed. Russet groaned, pressing his palm against the pirate's bare chest.

"S,sir," he managed to squeak, holding back a wince. He was aching all over.

However the man was unresponsive. He heaved and the pirate was pushed off of him, rolling limply to the side. His chest was moving showing he was breathing shallow breathes but otherwise the man was completely out. Russet gasped. He and Dryn were mostly fine though.

He looked around...

"Adelain!" he called.

The moggle groaned and wobbled to his feet. He went to his side looking for his pack of potions but it was gone!

"No! My potions!" adelain gasped.

"use your magick!" Russet pleaded as he struggled to stand.

12-16-2010   #250 (permalink)
Special
Games

When the torrent of water came splashing down, Lari struggled to keep her cries of pain not evident as she bit down on her lip. Pain shot through her whole body and for what seemed like an eternity it was all silent now. She struggled to lift her aching body and muttered a cura spell under her breath. After healing herself some, but still feeling pretty exhausted she cast the same spell once more and as the pain left her she quickly stood up, with her rifle in hand.

---

After many more minutes later, he finally made it to the camp. Kain reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a canteen. He drunk some water from it and quickly tucked it away. Looking around some, he noticed some chocobos hanging around... Perhaps they belonged to the hunters?

"... Hm..." Kain walked up to the chocobos and took in hand the reins from one, "They won't mind way too much."

12-16-2010   #251 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Stop right there!" a random moggle said wobbling over to where Kain was standing. "Who are you? We didn't see you pass through earlier."

"Don't worry... he's with us," a voice said.

The moggle looked behind to see a pirate approaching. It was Ayala. Apparently they stopped the ship at the campsite.

"Where's the captain?" he asked. "Don't tell me you left him to fend for himself..."

---

Adelain cast "cura".

"Should we d something about the pirate?" Russet asked.

"Unfortunately we can't help him right now," Adelain said. "All of our attention must go to the esper."

Russet nodded and readied his gun.

12-16-2010   #252 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Leila, groaning out the last of her pain, coughed out a bit of the water she choked on. She gripped her staff and looked around. Almost everyone were in pain.

"Use your magick!" yelled Russet.

She had to cure them, immediately. She stood up and started to run towards them, but Famfrit instantly landed in front of her. The cold glare was back on her.

"Child, you and your allies are defeated. You are not worthy to become a strong person."

No more games. Leila was extremely mad. Her party members were weakened, and so was she. She won't let them die here. She is not going to let everything end here.

"No..."

She held up her staff.

"I..."

A glow emitted from the tip of the staff.

"I...won't lose!"

Remembering the vision she had, she was put in her battle stance. Slowly into quickly, the area turned into a black void space. The almost weakened party members were spectating from afar.

As if jailed, Famfrit was locked into a sort of a sealing circle. With full strength, Leila jumped back in the empty void.

She placed her staff, still, centered in front of her.

"Oh divine elements that rule the world,"

She raised it up high, still with two hands kept on the weapon. 8 different colors glowed behind her in the shape of a circle.

"Bring my enemies to their destined destruction!"

Leaving one hand on the staff, she brought it back to her and sent a forceful whack forward. Eight colors, eight elements (Fire-Red, Water-Blue, Yellow-Thunder, etc.) were sent to the great beast and all of them exploded.

The last, quiet whisper. "This is your end."

One more command sent a large, white orb from the center of the imaginary circle and crashed onto Famfrit. The blinding explosion sealed the end of this battle.

As the void vanished, everything was being blown by winds. The esper disappeared, leaving a glow on the crystal to slowly dim in Leila's bag.

The party watched the few seconds of aftermath, only to watch Leila fall to the ground.

12-16-2010   #253 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kain grinned and waved at Ayala.

"Where's the captain? Don't tell me you left him to fend for himself..."

"Technically he's not by himself," The pirate remarked, "He has all those hunters with him."

It was then Katelyn Celeste ran out of the ship and pulled her brother's ear.

"Owowowow!" Kain yelped.

Kate frowned, "You left Locke by himself? Haul your ass right back there!"

"But but," Kain protested, "I just got here!"

"Why did you leave Locke behind? Don't tell me you were chasing Yuuki around again..."

".. That and Locke said he'd kill me," he ended with a laugh.

Kate shook her head, "Well no duh, you're so hopeless... Anyways I don't care what Ayala says right now, go back into those woods and drag Locke back here! I don't care if it means robbing that gang of hunters of their only reliable healer."

Kain groaned. But it was then a blinding explosion shone from the forest depths.

---

Lari blinked, then quickly ran over to Leila. She nudged her shoulder a bit, then figured it would be a bad idea to wake her up. "... Now we have two people to carry. Hey, Russet, carry Captain Crazy Legs. I'm sure a bean sprout like you can manage that much."

Though maybe she might get lucky and Leila might spontaneously awaken.

12-16-2010   #254 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Russet was annoyed with Lari. How did she expect him to carry a man who was way larger than him!? He hefted the guy's arm onto his shoulder. He half dragged/pulled the man along.

"Doesn't anyone here know 'raise' or have a phoenix down!?" he groaned. "What if we encounter something else?"

"Our provisions pack got lost in the last wave," said Adelain. "But hold on I do know Raise..."

He chanted something and used it on Leila first much to Russet's annoyance. He wnated the pirate off of him.

Leila was brought back to consciousness but her health was still low. It was a very weak attempt at "raise". Adelain then used it on Locke the pirate who should be able to heal everyone once he was awake.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-16-2010 at 09:12 PM.

12-16-2010   #255 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

"Unngh..." Leila struggled to got up, but the failed attempt left her on all-fours, looking around.

"W...what happened?"

Her weakness was bothering her most, firstly, so she cast a fast Cure, enough to make her stand up.

12-16-2010   #256 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Locke was awoken from the raise spell too. He opened his eyes weakly and unintentionally put most of his weight on Russet's shoulder. Russet grunted under the strain.

"Sir could you not use me as a walking stick?" Russet asked.

That seemed to have brought the pirate to his senses. He righted himself onto his own two feet, though the world was still slightly spinning.

"What happened?" he asked.

"The creature has been vanquished but could you please help us with a heal spell?" Adelain asked.

"Oh..." Locke said. He cast curaja on everyone. "Did I get KO?" he asked sheepishly afterwards. He was a miner before a pirate and never really had any combat training so he usually stayed as a healer during pirate raids sadly.

"Yeah, but it's ok Adelain raised you," Russet said, good as new. "Thanks. I feel great... though I could use a bath."

"So what happened to the creature?" Locke looked around the area... "And my axe! What happened to my axe!?"

He began looking around for it. It had previously been lodged in the side of the esper.

---

Yuuki came out at the highwaste camp from a different entrance and there he saw Ayala and the Dies Irae crew. Ayala... the rare game of the head hunters! He had to go after it.

12-16-2010   #257 (permalink)
Special
Games

"Oh look it's Yuuki. You best run for it Ayala, you too Kate," Kain then whispered, "I'll go after the Captain. I'll meet up with you guys in Rabanastre with Locke. Just... Don't get your head lopped off by Yuuki in the meantime, Ayala. You know how much those stupid hunters want to capture you and all."

Kain then grabbed the reins of one of the chocobos and quickly mounted the bird. He darted off into the woods on the bird ignoring all protest from anyone or anything.

Kate grabbed Ayala by the arm and hastefully lead him back to the airship.

---

Lari blinked when the pirate was looking for his axe, then turned back to Leila, "Hey, let's hurry back... I don't want to stick around any longer then we need to."

12-16-2010   #258 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

A loud roar echoed in the distance.

Locke straightened from where he was looking for his axe... a chill rippled up his spine.

"Did you guys hear that?" he asked.

Russet and Adelein exchanged a glance and then once again they heard thunderous noises and then all was silent.

"Ok... it's official these woods are spooked," Russet said. "Let's get outta here."

He turned to walk away but Locke touched his arm, motioning for him to stop.

"It's coming from there," the pirate lifted his hand and pointed down a misty path. "The deadlands..."

"Ok that's great but we weren't sent out here to go to the deadlands. Whatever is in the deadlands isn't our business," Russet quipped.

"Wiser words haven't been spoken," Adelein sided with Russet on that one.

---

Ayala, Kate and the rest escaped on the ship. yuuki decided to just head to rabanastre as planned.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-16-2010 at 09:52 PM.

12-16-2010   #259 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

"Yeah, alright Bani. You find more news on that treasure, and I'll get help get this kid acclimated to his new job," Jyrn said, noticing that Van had just brought out the tea, "Now if you're as good at making tea as you are at stealing my shit, we might be in business, ufufu~"

She sipped the tea. "Wow, you made this with that crap I have in the kitchen? You're really good, kid. Things are already looking up!"

"Anyway, I'm gonna go sleep for god knows how long..." Jyrn mumbled, finishing her tea, "The old man will show you around for a bit while I'm asleep. He's the one who taught me, so listen close. He may be getting old, but he's still got a lot to teach. Though, I might be better than him by now, ufufu~ Anyway, good night!"

It's only the afternoon, but we'll let that one slide~

12-17-2010   #260 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

She started walking towards the direction of the noise, and stopped after some steps. "Oh..hoho. Maybe there's a monster guarding a treasure."

"Or perhaps...another esper. If it's like Famfrit, then maybe..."

"You guys can go on, I'll be back later. Leave my chocobo alone."

As she left with those words, Leila started to run off quickly and towards the deadlands.