Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-15-2010   #221 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

"Leila!" Adelain gasped. He ran over to her side as fast as his little legs could take him.

"Is there a doctor in the house?" a random pirate asked.

Adelain grabbed Leila's hand, "What's wrong? Where do you hurt?"

Russet came over too and made sure to bring the pack with potions and other provisions in it. He crouched down. Soon even the captain Locke came over to look at the wel being of the girl.

However as everyone rushed to Leila's side Yuuki stayed behind and approached Kain, grabbing his shoulder.

"Give me the crystal. It's mine," he said in a calm voice, but there was a warning tone laced underneath.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-15-2010   #222 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

"Finders Keepers," Kain replied playfully as he shrugged Yuuki's hand off. He then walked to where the group was with the girl who seemed to be in pain. Lari ran over to Leila as well.

"I can try to heal her but... Wait, whats with that crystal!?" she stared at the glowing crystal that leila had in her bag.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-15-2010   #223 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

"Wait...get...! Waah!"

The crystal began to emit like a blue sun. Then a quick flash erupted through the whole forest, and a beam of white light ascended past the high forest trees and towards the sky, ripping clouds apart. It was high as if everyone in Ivalice could see it.

As the flash dimmed, chain rattles and a beastly grunt along with a stomp was the first thing everyone heard.

The Darkening Cloud, Famfrit, appears before everyone, behind Leila.

12-15-2010   #224 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Upon seeing the esper, Locke took a few steps back before finally turning around and breaking into a run towards the ship. However right when he reached the door the ship took off.

"Sorry brother," an accented voice said from the doorway and kicking Locke down and back onto the ground. "We'll be back for ya later. It's too dangerous for my taste."

The ship flew away and Locke stared up at it in anguish. But then he noticed something out the corner of his eye. Yuuki the hunter was disappearing deeper into the Salikawoods.

'Where is he going?' Locke wondered. He didn't have a chance to ponder over it however because now he surely had to stay and fight.

---

Yuuki thought it was a good opportunity to leave since the group was distracted and get to Linus about defeating the hunt before the others did.

12-15-2010   #225 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

"Yeah, run with your tail in between your legs, YUUKI!" Kain barked as the hunter took off. He then watched the ship take off and blinked, "Oh, well I guess we lost our ride."

He turned his gaze to the Esper and narrowed his eyes, "Welp, time for some good ol' exercise." Kain then casted Protectga on the party as well as Shellga. After all, it was gonna be a rough battle, thats for sure!

"Geez... He's gonna report the kill as his, I reckon..." Lari groaned as she changed her bullets to regular bullets until she knew what the esper's weakness was. Problem is she didn't have many other elemental shells on her... She was prepared for bombs, not a Esper!

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-15-2010   #226 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

Leila recalled the powerful, ancient creatures she read from studying. "The Esper of Aquarius, Famfrit, the Darkening Cloud."

She stood back up, and thoughts pondered. Why was Famfrit summoned? Was it the crystal? Regardless of answers, she had to fight.

She looked at her staff. "If only I had the Storm Staff...but, it alone is not enough against a godly beast."

She charged on a Thunder spell. "Bolt of fury..."

Before she could even finish, Famfrit chuckled as his cannon shook, releasing a large bullet of water at Leila. She managed to dodge it in time, but the splash effect damaged her slightly.

The thunder spell was cast, and it looked like only decent damage was dealt, but the esper did not flinch at all.

Chain-casting might be the only thing reliable now, since that stranger would be in the way of a Thundara spell, and wouldn't want to hit him. "Bolt of fury..."

Last edited by PKShota; 12-15-2010 at 08:31 PM.

12-15-2010   #227 (permalink)
Special
Games

"Aquarius... So water, huh?..." Lari muttered to herself. Using common sense she'd figure it'd be weak to electricity, but knowing this crazy world things aren't always what they seem and this behemoth may be weak to something incredibly stupid. Like fire. She went digging through her pockets and the like and found only Wyrmfire shots and Windslicer shots. She bit down on her bottom lip and decided to gamble on the Wyrmfire shots. She popped out the regular onion rounds and loaded the new bullets and took aim. She quickly fired two rounds, but waited a bit to see if the element had any effect.

On the other hand Kain had made his way to the Esper and was dealing punches and kicks, all the while sliding by and leaping away whenever it tried to deal a melee strike on him. He contemplated using vanish on himself in his head. When he saw Leila preparing a spell he planted his feet on the beast's chest and bolted backwards, making enough distance between him and the esper so he wouldn't be caught in the spell.

Last edited by Dani; 12-15-2010 at 09:01 PM.

12-15-2010   #228 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Adelain began chanting a aeroga spell when he saw thundara didn't work too well for Leila. Russet got to work shooting the beast from a reasonable distance.

Locke got up from where he fell and turned around to face the monster. Everyone was putting their all against it. He reached behind him and pulled his axe off of his back. Time for him to put in his weight

---

Van came back with a tray with Tea and a small cake on it. He set it down on a table.

"I hope it isn't bad," he said. "I never really made tea before."

Bani looked surprised. "Should I be scared?"

The boy shrugged and Bani went and poured himself a cup.

"So... your master here tells me you were originally planning to be a treasure hunter," the bangaa said.

Van put on a determined face, "Yeah I was. That's why I took your things. I've been seling all sorts of loot to buy passage to an airship to Nalbina."

"Then what?"

"What do you mean?" the boy blinked. "Then I'd walk to Nabudis."

Bani shook his head, "It's not that simple, kid. Anyway what sort of treasure is it? I'm curious."

"No way I'm telling you!" The boy interjected. "I call dibs on it!"

12-16-2010   #229 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Even with Faith's effects, her spells only did little dents of what the large esper had. But it was no choice, if rapid fire was all they were going to do, then so be it.

Then she saw Famfrit charging up his ewer again. But it didn't release a brinny cannonade instantly like before.

"Is that..."

Recalling more information of the espers, she remembered each one had a special, devastating attack exclusive to their elements. Famfrit has...

"Everyone, get out of the way!"

12-16-2010   #230 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kain did some back flips backward, the final one a large leap in which he landed on a tree branch. He quickly casted Bravery on himself. Lari, seeing as how she was already most likely out of the esper's range, didn't move. She merely reloaded her gun with more Wyrmfire shots. She'll shoot when it's done with its attack.

12-16-2010   #231 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Locke heeded the words of the girl and went to back up but he was at such a close range that he was still hit by the attack. Adelein and Russet had fallen into position behind Leila.

12-16-2010   #232 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Famfrit unleashed Tsunami, shooting an infinite-like amount of water in the whole area. Almost everyone was caught in it (Kain in tree), and suffered major damage, even with Shellga and their guard stance on.

The attack made Leila suffer fatigue, she couldn't even cast Curaga. Even Adelain and Russet behind her were worn out.

12-16-2010   #233 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Russet wasn't knocked over by the wave but he was left in a crouched position. He weakly lifted his guns after the shock of the waterblast was over and fired shots at the esper.

Locke was bowled over by the tsunami and washed away and knocked into a tree trunk. He groaned and held his head, severly weakened but he knew as a white mage he had to recover quickly. He used the tree trunk as leverage and got to his feet and began casting curaja. It reached Leila, Adelain, himself, Dryn, Lari, and Russet but failed to reach Kain (who didn't need it).

"Thank you," Adelain said.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-16-2010 at 04:28 PM.

12-16-2010   #234 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kain jumped down from the tree. He knew it would be a good idea to use it to his advantage. He then sprinted back to the Esper and dealt a powerful uppercut, then with a twist in the air slammed down a powerful kick on it. He then got down on the ground and slid past it in between its leg's and backed up to where the rest of the group was.

"Yo," he greeted.

Lari, who had been greatly weakened by the tsunami was fully healed by Locke. "Thanks, Captain..."

"Crazy Legs," Kain helped Lari end that.

"... Captain Crazy Legs...." Larietta couldn't help but laugh. She quickly casted haste on Kain, then on the other party members in case the effects had worn off for them and then fired at Famfrit.

12-16-2010   #235 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"C,crazy Legs?" Locke asked. "Seriously, Kain? Are you purposefully ruining my reputation... Oh and remind me to kill you later for putting us in this situation to begin with."

He then proceeded to cast regen on Kain.

Adelein decided to do what he can to help the crew. He cast aero on the Famfrit and Russet reloaded his guns.

12-16-2010   #236 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kain let out a slight laugh, "Ahahahaha... haha... Welp might as well see how Yuuki's holding up! Good luck everyone!"

With a turn on his heel he sprinted off in the direction that Yuuki went in a few minutes ago.

"Hey get back here you stupid pirate bastard!" Lari roared at Kain's retreating form.

With the haste buff he certainly moved a hell lot faster then usual, with was handy. Since Yuuki had been effected by a slow buff when he left he wondered if it was still in effect. If not and the Hunter had already left the woods it would be easy enough to find his way back... Into Locke's wraith. Well not like it was a first.

12-16-2010   #237 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Locke saw Kain leaving... "Oh no you don't!" he called after the other pirate. He stopped in the middle of casting "regen" on Lari and went to follow.

However just then the Famfrit decided it would be a good time to shoot his cannon at Russet.

"ungaaahhhhh~!" the boys scream echoed loudly as he was hit and flung several feet back and sprawled out on the ground, unmoving.

"Russet!!!" Adelain cried.

Locke saw it and he couldn't very well leave the boy there.

"You, moggle, leave him to me. You continue fighting!"

Adelain seemed hesitant but he began casting thundaga. It hit the beast and turned its attention from Russet, who was struggling to now stand, over to the moggle.

The monster lunged this time but Adelein was able to duck down since he was so short and avoid it. Adelein looked back up and managed to steal a glance at Russet. The boy was now on his knees panting and the pirate was at reached his side, helping him get up.

"Here!" Adelein called, quickly reaching in his pack and pulling out a hi potion. he threw it in the direction of the pair and the pirate was able to catch it.

Locke opened it and handed it to russet, who wasted no time applying it. Locke then started to cast cura.

----

Yuuki had managed to get almost to the entrance of the salikawoods again. He was moving slowly but whatever creature approached he just used "death" on anyway.

12-16-2010   #238 (permalink)
Special
Games

Kain stopped in his tracks when he saw a squirrel a few paces front of him have death cast upon it. He couldn't help but feel his insides churn when he saw the poor critter wretch on the ground as it suffered a slow, magick induced death.

"... Nice to see you're doing well in the Arcane Magicks department, Mako," Kain commented before taking a few more steps forward, "You always were talented with magicks, even back when we were just kids."

---

Famfrit was about to land another blow on Russet as he downed the potion but Lari quickly intervened with two quick shots. Just when was this stupid thing going to die? She quickly reloaded and fired two more shots, causing the esper to stagger a bit. She didn't have very many more Wyrmfire shots...

12-16-2010   #239 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

The cura spell foused the entire group and then Locke wen back to casting regen on Lari. He looked at regen as a preventative measure which was why he always kept it no himself.

Famfrit didn't like that though. It went and lunged at Locke interrupting the spell. The pirate tried to counter with his axe but he was a bit too slow. He was pushed back but still managed to keep upright. His axe flew out of his hand though and somehow lodged itself into a piece of famfrit.

"My axe!" he cried.

Famfrit didn't seem to notice though since he was being shot at by Lari. It began collecting its energy likely to fire its cannon again.

Locke ran forward and grabbed onto the handle of his axe and tried to pull it out.

-----

Yuuki turned. If he was surprised to see the pirate there he showed no outward expression of it.

"Finished with the esper already?" he asked.

12-16-2010   #240 (permalink)
Special
Games

"Maybe," Kain replied with a smirk, "So, how's life treating you?"

He slipped his hands into his coat's pockets and walked up to Yuuki in an incredibly casual fashion.

---

"Shit," Lari bit. She fired some more shots, reload and repeat. She had to get ready to dodge.. Or attempt, at least. All the while she was slowly backing up.