Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-14-2010   #201 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

"So, got a battle plan laid out for us?" Lari asked as she loaded her rifle with ammo. She'd been gunning down random monsters who'd try to jump the group during their journey through the woods.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-14-2010   #202 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

The bombs were ahead of the hunting party. There was a giant Queen and 4 lesser bombs bobbing about.

---

Yuuki had traversed much of the path and made a gigantic loop without encountering a single bomb. However that was soon to change. Up ahead he saw dancing lights that he knew had to be the Bomb Queen. He sped up his pace.

12-14-2010   #203 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

"Minions first, is what I would always say, but since we are up against a queen, there are bound to be more."

Leila gripped her staff of ice.

"My simple blizzard spell will one-shot them, so I'll focus on the small bombs. You guys get the big bomb, and call if you need help, but I'll keep an eye out. And if it seems all of the babies are gone, I'll be sure to take out the mother quickly."

She started to step forward, but remembered something.

"Oh, prebuffs. Lari, could you cast Haste on me?"

After that statement, she started to cast Faith on herself.

Last edited by PKShota; 12-14-2010 at 08:03 PM.

12-14-2010   #204 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Yuuki cast Shell on himself and finally floated into the area the bombs were in only to see that there were other people already there.

"You!" he growled.

What were those people doing there? Didn't they know the area was dangerous... unless. his eyes narrowed, unless these people were hunters as well and were seeking the same mark.

"We'll see about that," Yuuki scoffed to himself.

He drew his sword and then began to chant a water spell.

12-14-2010   #205 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

"Hey, Goldilocks! Piss off!" she hollered at Yuuki as soon as she finished casting haste on the party. In an act of sabotage she casted a slow spell on Yuuki once he came into range.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-14-2010   #206 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Yuuki's chanting became sluggish.

'Oh no,' he thought. 'The wench cast slow on me!'

One of the bombs drifted over to where Yuuki was with the intent of engaging him in battle. Yuuki's water spell finally casted on the critter and it weakened considerably.

The other little bombs focused on the rest of the group. The big bomb on the other hand roared loudly and oil landed on all of the hunters, making them susceptible to the bomb's fire.

"Ugh what is this!" Russet protested, raising his arm and wiping at his face with his sleeve. He only succeeded in smudging the oil.

Adelain gasped, "Oh no! It's oil from the bombs. Once oiled up any fire magick increases potency greatly!"

"What do I do?" Russet asked.

Adelain reached into his bag and produced a clean handkerchief and handed it to his charge. He also had another for himself. Russet proceeded to wipe off.

Yuuki on the other hand was still moving sluggish and didn't have time to remove the oil. He began to slowly attempt another water spell.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-14-2010 at 09:29 PM.

12-14-2010   #207 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Dryn dug deep into the bag strapped to her left thigh and pulled out multiple blue shots.
"Hey, Laaaaaari." She called mockingly, then suddenly straightening her voice. "Umm... here's a few Aqua Shots. I left my gun in Rabanastre." She shifted uncomfortably at the excuse, but began chanting for Disable.

12-15-2010   #208 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

The bomb lunged at Yuuki causing him to stagger and roll in the air (since he was floating). He righted himself and cast water and the bomb died.

The other bombs lunged at Dryn and cast fire towards Leila and Russet respectively. Russet was still not wiped off all the way and he fell to the ground in pain.

"Argh," he cried as he was burned.

"Russet!" Adelain cried, dropping his hankie. He then began to chant a cura spell before it was too late.

12-15-2010   #209 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Lari took the shots and stuffed them into her pants pocket, then quickly tied her jacket to her waist and readied the rifle. She'd already had some water shots, and these ones would surely help too. She didn't bother with the oil right at the moment with the smaller bombs focusing on the group of hunter's.

"Sorry Lei but I'm going to have to go after these maggots first," Lari spat to the side and aimed for the closest bomb which had been going for Russet. She blew it away with a single shot and the bullet shell fell to the ground.

----

Ten minutes earlier...

"Maaaaaaan," Kain poked Katelyn in the side, who was steering the ship at the moment, "Hey, Katieeeee."

Katelyn almost jumped but managed to not do anything abrupt, "Yes, Kain?"

Kain looked at the map that she had ready beside her, complete with a compass, "Soooo Yuuki is in this jungle you know. Ayala said so. He saw him in town when he was stocking up on supplies and overheard him speaking of a bomb queen he wants to take out..."

"And?" Katelyn tried to retain a neutral expression. She had a feeling she already knew where this was going...

"Weeeeell," Kain began to play with a dagger in his hands. Toss it in the air, move it through his hands, juggle... "We spotted the Bomb Queen through the jungle trees but it will take us fifteen minutes if we went there..."

"... And you want to go in and break in on Yuuki?"

"That's right!" Kain said with a grin as he caught the knife, "Don't worry, it won't take way too long. Not like we're after his life anyways."

Kate stared at Kain with a incredulous look, "Kain, that is one of the most pointless things you've said in a while. Let's do it."

Kain threw his fist into the air as he began to tell Kate which way they had to go to reach the Bomb Queen.

Last edited by Dani; 12-15-2010 at 03:55 PM.

12-15-2010   #210 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Ayala looked up from the corner of the room where he was struggling to mend the buckle on his boot.

"No... don't tell me you're going to pick on that hunter again," the pirate said. He shook his head. "I'll never understand you folk and I'll never understand why Locke lets ya get away with it."

---

Now that the bomb he was dealing with had fell Yuuki decided to focus on the big game since the lesser hunters (for that's how he saw them) were being distracted by the smaller group of bombs. He cast water on the big queen but it didn't even react. In fact, most of the water seemed to roll right off it's back.

"What the..." he was confused and began to try blizzard.

Adelain cast cura and it reached him, Russet and Dryn.

"Russet we'll support at a distance. Those bombs can self distruct at any time," the mog said backing up.

Russet nodded and did as his guardian said.

"Like Leila advised we'll focus on the big one," Adelain said.

Russet drew his revolvers and fired two shots into the bomb and it growled and shook violently. It seemed to be readying an attack.

Adelain followed up with a blizzaga but as the ice bolders hit the beast seemed to just shake those off.

"H,huh?" Adelain gasped.

However he had no more time to think as a blazing fire issued from the bombs mouth reaching him, Russet and the viera (Dryn).

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-15-2010 at 03:55 PM.

12-15-2010   #211 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Once Lari moved away from the smaller bombs which were distracted by the others in her group, she raised her weapon and fired at the queen bomb. As the shell fell she quickly reloaded the gun with two more aqua shots and fired too more times at the queen bomb.

----

Kain turned to Ayala and shrugged his shoulders.

"It's only all in good fun, Ayala! Sides it's not like that treasure over in Nabudis is going anywhere. Once we finish up here we'll just pack up and go swipe the treasure and carry on with our lives."

He then left the room and walked out to the deck.

Last edited by Dani; 12-15-2010 at 03:55 PM.

12-15-2010   #212 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Ayala watched as Kain left and shrugged returning to his task.

"Ok, not my fault if you mess up the ship going into the dense jungle," he said in his Rozzarian accent. He got frustrated with the broken buckle and threw his boot aside. "Forget it I'll just buy me a new one."

He leaned back in his seat and began doing what he does best: relaxing.

----
The beast was harmed even more from the aquashot bullets from Lari's gun than it was from Russet's onion shots. Both however were drastically more effective than the magicks of Adelain.

Yuuki noticed the Mog's "blizzaga" spell had also failed to do any damage and cancelled his spell and that now the beast retaliated with a Fira spell that had the wannabe hunters wincing but still on their feet.

Yuuki sighed. It would be no good to him to have them die too early. At least let the lesser bombs self destruct first.

With that he cast Shellga on the entire party making them better protected against magicks.

Adelain used his arms to block try to shield himself from the fira when he noticed a barrier forming in front of him. Shocked he looked at Adelain who shrugged back.

"Let's focus on the beast," Adelain said.

"Right!" Russet chimed. He fired more shots at the bomb, effectively piercing its bulbous body.

Adelain on the other hand had to think of something to do. The beast was obviously not weakened against his magicks. He had to think quickly too. Every second counted.

In the meantime he cast another cura to make up for the damage from the Fira.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-15-2010 at 04:02 PM.

12-15-2010   #213 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

((ooc: I don't reply for an hour and stuff happens lul. for sake of me catching up, its like Leila had a charged spell))

After casting an Esuna spell on herself to remove the Oil ailment, she focused back on the beast, knowing Lari handled off a bit of the bombs.

"This should be it."

"Blahblahblah!"

A strong, forceful whack in the invisible air summoned a giant glacier and trapped the queen bomb.

Considering bombs are weak against ice, multiplied by the power of a 3rd-tier spell, along with a staff that boosts ice magicks, and the Faith effect...

As the ice glacier shattered, the queen bomb flinched heavily and crashed onto the ground. However, it gained back its stance, but there was a sign of small struggles, signaling its fatigue.

"One more spell." She began charging a Blizzard.

Last edited by PKShota; 12-15-2010 at 04:19 PM.

12-15-2010   #214 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

The bomb was struggling to get up but it was not over yet! The beast began to cast a spell and Yuuki immedietly recognized what it was because he'd seen it before.

"Everyone! Focus on the Queen!" he yelled. "She's about to do renew!"

Adelain was at a lost. His magicks weren't working on the queen. Russet however headed the hunter's cry and fired another round at the beast.

It was too little though and the queen cast Renew causing all of its HP to return.

12-15-2010   #215 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

"Ugh! Gotta get rid of it faster."

She targeted her charged Blizzard spell at a small bomb and knocked it out.

She charged Blizzaga once more.

"Oh glacier from the artic..."

12-15-2010   #216 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

OOC: YouTube - [ˆ”] ƒžƒˆƒƒ‚‚ / Matryoshka - Nico Nico Chorus this song starting at 1:40 but the vocals more like the lead singer in YouTube - €‚ƒ–ƒ€‘ƒžƒˆƒƒ‚‚€は—‚„‚“€ ‘

It was then the sound of music seemed to resound in teh air. At first it was faint, then it got louder and louder....

Um, baby...
Listen, something's got my interest piqued
Kalinka? Malinka? Go and pinch my cheek!
I just can't control myself now
Should we do some more fantastic things now?

Pain, it hurts, I know, but don't cry
Parade? Marade? Just clap some more now!
Wait up, you say, wait up, wait up
Before we drop to two then back to one

How 'bout you and I meet for a rendez-vous?
Rendez-vous? Just a rendez-vous?
How 'bout on an adventure, just me and you?
With a crooked gait, we'll run off, 1, 2, 1, 2!

Music?... Lari fired some more shots at the queen, But where...?

Suddenly a loud crash resounded and above the party and bombs was a grand airship. Specifically that of the famous Dies Irae sky pirates!

"Are you feeling sick?
Just show me your song!
See how today
I'm still a patched up, crazy matroyoshka doll!

Hey hey hey!
Please, will you keep dancing more and more?
Kalinka? Malinka? Just hit the damn chord!
All these feelings... What should I do?
Can't you tell me? Just a little me and you?"

Sitting up on the edge of the ship was Kain Celeste, renowned pirate party animal of the crew. He was singing and his amazing voice filled the air. He had a guitar in hand and was playing it as he sung.

"Loud and clear, now, 5-2-4!
Freud? Keloid? Just bash the keys more!
Everything's still to be laughed at!
Hurry up, and dance until you hit the floor!"

Splat.

.... The ship landed right on top of the bomb queen....

"Chuu chu-chu chu la lu la taiyaiya~aa iyattatta~" he sang as he tossed the guitar away and jumped off the ship. He looked around a bit and noticed bombs all around and a rather large corpse of a queen bomb popping up from underneath the ship, "... Oh uh, stole your kill, Princess Yuuki," Kain let out a hearty laugh.

Lari stood up from where she was croutched and pointed at Kain with the rifle, "You stupid pirate bastard! You stole our kill!"

"Aw, so it wasn't Yuuki's kill? That takes the fun out of kill stealing."

Some of teh other crew members were peering over the edge of the ship, laughing at the hunters. Perhaps Kain Celeste bothering hunters was a common thing for him to do... And amusing for the crew at that.

12-15-2010   #217 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Leila wasn't so sure if she should use the Blizzaga she charged up now on the kill stealer and the crew around him, or ignore it.

But her hunt, gone! Oh the money!

She wanted to finish that pirate off, but she will let things go. But just in case something goes wrong...

She grips her staff, as if she kept the charged spell, ready for an instant remark.

12-15-2010   #218 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Yuuki was shocked to see the ship crash through the canopy. But as soon as he saw which ship specifically his chest burned with rage. It was that pesky pirate he was also happening to be hunting (as a head hunter).

"Kain," the way he said the name was dripping with hatred. "Of course it was my kill! These pesky wannabe hunters were just my meat shields!"

"W,what!?" Russet gasped. "I'm no meat shield! I'm an Archadian just like you!"

"Now now, Russet," Adelain cut in, attempting to calm the boy. "Obviously there has been some misunderstanding. Mr. Yuuki, sir, we were sent by Linus to assist you with the bomb queen. Either way all these pirates have to do is move their vessel and we can claim our hunt, yes?"

Yuuki blinked and looked at the moggle as if the words weren't registering in his mind. He didn't have a chance to reply though because suddenly a door in the side of the ship flew open and someone was cursing like a sailor.

"Who gave you the &$%# bright idea was it to fly the $%#^ ship into the woods! I said Nabudis! Nabudis!" the person growled looking squarely at Kain.

It was a tall pirate dressed in a midrift jacket and baggy pants notable to Bhujerba. He had an axe strapped to his back and leather guards on his arms and shins. However the most noticeable thing about the man was his bright red hair and the cat ear hood he wore on top of it that was left unclasped under his chin so that the straps hung loosely. (I guess like a helmet but cat ears)

12-15-2010   #219 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Kain scratched the back of his head, "Meatshields? I see, I see... So you can't take the hits like a man... Oh cap, you're finally off the can. Must've been as thick as an anaconda... Flowing out like fish shit too considering how long you were MIA..." Kain chimed as he knelt down next to the queen bomb corpse that peeped through the underside of the ship. He swiped something that most of the people present didn't get a chance to see clearly but from where Yuuki was standing he most likely saw it was a black crystal. Kain slipped it into his pocket in a flash and looked up at Locke.

"The ship totally swerved out of control, man," the pirate told Locke with a sincere tone, "I desperately looked for you man but when you were nowhere to be found I figured you were on the can and no man should be disturbed there," it was hard to pick out but Kain had a slight Archadian accent. It wasn't quite as refined as Yuuki's or Russet's but it was definitely Archadian.

As Kai finished telling his story the other pirates nodded and said "yeah we were at a loss with your absence, Captain!" and the like.

Lari growled, "Oooooy! Don't forget about us!"

Kain blinked and looked back at the other hunters, "My apologies, ladies and... moogle," (( thats right he called russet a woman)) he did a slight noble bow, "Think of this this way. Because our ship came down and crushed your target at least it wasn't Yuuki who stole your kill."

"..." Lari clenched her teeth, "... Just how carefree are you...?"

"Man, you don't even know~" Kai ended with a chuckle, "My carefreeness is precisely the reason why Princess over there hates me with a passion... Ahhh so nostalgic..."

12-15-2010   #220 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Anger filled within Leila as that carefree stranger went on rambling.

Leila walked over to the remains of the mom bomb. She noticed there was a red glow emitting from ashes. She picked it up, and obtained a bomb core.

"At least I'll get something." She stuffed it away in her bag.

Her anger was not hidden. She stamped the ground.

But as she started to walk towards Lari, Russet and Adelain, a cold feeling grasped her insides.

"Guh!"

Her grunt made everyone look at her, as her hands were almost forced to clutch her skin through her clothes.

"Aaghh!"

And in the bag, the blue crystal she picked up begin to illuminate greatly, so everyone could see it.

"W-what...!" she could only let that out as she felt pinned to the ground. She groaned in absolute pain.