Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-04-2010   #181 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

"First of all, you didn't give back my stuff. I knocked you flat out and took it back. Second, an apprenticeship is sort of like... When you take a job learning under a master craftsman, and they teach you the skills of the trade. Normally it's a process that takes a lot of years, but it's a very valuable learning experience. Third, this is a light armor and clothing shop, so if you took the apprenticeship, I'd be teaching you about the skills of a professional tanner and tailor. If you need, I can house you too," Jyrn said softly, as she untied the kid, "We only have one extra room available though, so we could only take on one person... If your parents are fine with you staying here and learning a trade skill, you could start as early as tomorrow!"

"And no, I'm not going to take you to the authorities, ufufu~" she laughed, obviously still a bit buzzed from the drinking.

Last edited by Harlequin; 12-04-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-05-2010   #182 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

After all the action came and went, Lari had watched Yuuki intently and was staring in the direction he left in. However, one could easily tell she was rattled.

"Are all Archadians so stuck up?" she scowled as she turned back to the group then mumbled to herself, "Next time I see him I'm going to rip that stupid braid right off his pretty little head..."

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 12-05-2010 at 02:12 PM.

12-05-2010   #183 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

The boy sat on thought a bit after the explanation. It was an opportunity of a life time. If the boy were a weaker type he surely would have been moved to tears! His mother and father also would be proud to know he had a chance for a future thanks to this kind viera. The boys parents and three siblings lived poorly in am abandoned low town warehouse! Staying with the viera would also make things easier on them.

"Miss viera I am truly indebted to you if you mean to keep your word. My name is van not to be confused with the hero Vaan. I stole your things with the intention of selling them and running away ve Rabanastre. Word on the street is that there is a valuable treasure beyond the salikawoods. I hoped to be the one to secure it!"

12-05-2010   #184 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Leila charged on mana and went up close to the status afflicted party members.

"Well first off, you guys need to get cured."

After a bit of concentrating more energy, she cast Esunaga, which cured all of the ailments from the Malboros.

"No way I'm losing to that hunter. I'm going on."

Leila ran on ahead, with emotions of frustration in order to catch up to the pace of Yuuki.

"I'm not gonna lose my money to some stronger Archadian. No way, no way, no way!"

12-05-2010   #185 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

"Ufufu~ I've got all intention of keeping my word, Van, so if you want to work here starting tomorrow, you'd better pack up your belongings, and I'll get the room ready for you," Jyrn stated, "Oh, and about that treasure... If the rumor is true, we might just go on a hunt too, ufufu~"

"All right, I'm going to go get your room ready now, you're welcome to have some tea, though since you're living here now you'll have to fetch it yourself. The pot's in the kitchen, cups are in the cupboard above the sink. Oh, to get to the kitchen, just go behind the front counter, take the hallway to the back, make a left turn, and it'll be right in front of you,"she said with that trademark grin, "Stick around for a bit, though. I'll come back out after the room is ready and I've changed, and then we can go pack up your belongings and tell your folks the good news~"

12-05-2010   #186 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Up ahead even though they couldn't see through the dense forest they could hear fighting. It was most likely Yuuki again.

----

Van nodded and as soon as Jyrn was gone he made an escape. (He was untied right?) He was embarrassed to have Jyrn come and see where his family stayed so he made note of where the shop was and then went to low town by himself.

---

Bani was finished drinking but some interesting adventurers came into the tavern. It was a Seeq and two Bangaa and they stank of animal guts and sweat. They took a seat at the bar and proceeded to order two Bhujerbas.

The tavernmaster plugged his nose.

"Yuck, couldn't you guys wash first before coming in here. We feed people you know and you're spoiling everyone's appetite!" he said.

"No way! After seeing what we've seen you'd need a drink too, Tomaj," the Seeq said.

"What did you see anyway?" Bani asked.

The other bangaa took his drink and gulped it all down in one go, supressing a shudder.

"Well we went treasure hunting... it's what we do, y'know. Fearless and such. I'm sure you've heard of that pricy crystal everyone's been going on about in Nabudis but no one can get to because of the hocus pocus going on in the Salikawood. We went to Nabudis on our sky pirate friend's vessel thinking we were smart. Go over the problem area, right? Wrong. Refill."

"How so?" Tomaj asked refilling the Bangaa's glass.

"Whatever's happening in the Salikawoods... that's nothing compared to what we saw," the Seeq said. "We faced a creature unlike anything we've ever imagined. We had to crawl back to the airship to get back here."

"That doesn't explain why you didn't bathe before coming in here... you had from Nabudis to Rabanastre," Tomaj joked.

"Bah!" the Bangaa waved at Tomaj dismissively. "Shut up and keep em coming."

12-07-2010   #187 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

ooc: Gosh, we must have died

Leila kept at a still pace, tracking Yuuki as far as possible. But it seems like there was no sign of him. She only knew the direction he went.

As she trailed the small path full of safety, she noticed small rays of an aqua illumination ahead.

"What's...no, I can't go on, the others are still behind me...but then there's Yuuki..."

She walked slowly ahead, each step closer to each piece of the shining light.

Last edited by PKShota; 12-07-2010 at 07:26 PM.

12-07-2010   #188 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

((ooc: i know rite. but i do know that Sev has exams/finals right now. also i don't know where you're going with this particle of light thing.))

"So what exactly is this crystal that you're after?" Bani asked.

"Why? You a treasure hunter or something?" the Seeq inquired.

Bani shook his head. "No but I'm just curious about what would make you risk life and limb. Must be worth a pretty penny."

"Maybe," The seeq nodded his agreement and then went to take a lengthy gulp from his frothy mug.

"We don't want no more competition," the Bangaa said. "But just know that it's something of extreme value if you know how to find a proper seller. It's noting no treasure hunter would really wanna keep no how."

"Sounds interesting..." admitted Bani.

"I bet it does. Well kid do yourself a favor and steer away from it. You're still young and we don't need to have the future of Bangaa society scarred after all," Bangaa warned.

Bani nodded, thanked the guys and Tomaj and then left the bar. He wasn't sure if he should chekc up on Jyrn or see how Montblanc was doing (and if he knew of this crystal).

---

The boy told his parents and they were overjoyed that an opportunity like that would fall in their son's lap.

"Don't forget your poor mother and father!" the father said.

The mother was in tears and cried into the father's shoulder. They were tears of sadness and joy. It was better he became a tanner than his original goal of professional thief and treasure hunter.

"Take care," they said waving him off. "One day we'll visit!"

His younger siblings all scrambled at Van's feet saying goodbye to the lad and off he was to the world of the skilled laborers!

12-07-2010   #189 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

(ooc: can't really just obtain an instant quickening through emotions, now can ya? Me use the crystal thing for a minute~)

Leila landed in a very hollow-like cave. Actually, it was just trees about six feet tall, very compacted together to make a sort of a cave. They all were distanced two feet apart from the center, where a small cylindrical pillar made of tough tan rock stood proud, holding a crystal about the size of a hume hand in the color of the clear sea.

"What's this...?"

She reached out for the crystal. Before she touched it, it glowed brightly.

"W-what...!"

12-07-2010   #190 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Van was coming up the stairs from lowtown when he spotted a Bangaa wearing an expensive hat in the distance.

"hey!" He called running forward. "Hey Mr. Bangaa-sir."

Bani turned when he heard someone calling out. He looked and there was a kid running towards him with a small sack on his shoulder.

"You're that kid who stole our things!" Bani accused.

The kid stopped in front of him and waved his hands in denial.

"No... I mean yes that's me but I can explain! Sort of--"

"Don't bother," Bani said. "It seems my friend forgave you."

"Yeah she offered me an apprenticeship so I'm bringing my things there now," he said. "I'm Van. not like Vaan though. Nice to meet ya."

"I'm Bani."

"Bani why don't you come over for tea... you are Mistress Jyrn's friend right? I'm sure she won't mind," Van invited.

Bani nodded and followed as the boy walked off, chuckling over him calling Jyrn "Mistress."

12-10-2010   #191 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

A void of the black emptiness was all around Leila. She opened her eyes in surprise and curiosity, looking around to ensure her surroundings.

"This isn't the Salikawood..."

Then, in front of her, a silhouette of her identical self appeared in front of her.

"W-what...?"

The silhouette's stance was in a fighting stance--the glacial staff in her right hand, holding it as if it was going to be thrown like a spear.

A voice emitted from that ghastly-like mouth.

"I...won't lose!"

That shout echoed through out the empty void, then a light flashed on the staff she carried. A yellowish-like aura surrounded the silhouette, then it brightened and blinded Leila. All was now black in just seconds.

Awakening again, she found herself lying on the ground of the Salikawood. Above her, was no longer the tall trees that surrounded the pillar. The crystal was laid in her hand, but not glowing.

"What...just happened?"

12-11-2010   #192 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Lari ran up to Leila and held a hand out to her with a intrigued expression.

"You okay there? And whats with the crystal?"

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-11-2010   #193 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

"I...I don't know." She grabbed the offered hand and was pulled up.

"This crystal...I don't know either. I saw some vision...and then I blacked out."

She shook her hand for a bit. "Forget about this crystal, we've got to catch up to that hunter."

After putting the crystal away (in her magic invisible inventory) she looked past Lari and found Dryn, Russet and Adelain catching up.

12-11-2010   #194 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Lari snapped her fingers, "Right! I still need to rip that braid off his head!.. Hey wait, do you think he's after our target?"

12-11-2010   #195 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

"I think so. That's why we gotta hurry."

12-11-2010   #196 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

"Hmph, that little shit, I can't believe he took off already," Jyrn grumbled, sitting in a chair near the shop entrance, "He better get back here soon if he knows what's good for him."

As soon as she finished saying that, she heard the shop door creak. "Speak of the devil," she chuckled, "And Bani too? Haven't seen you in forever, ufufu~"

((stupid sarcasm ftw))

12-11-2010   #197 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"It wasn't that long ago," Bani said, upon seeing Jyrn when he entered. "But wow. I can't believe you actually offered this kid an apprenticeship."

"Since he's your friend I figured it'd be ok to invite him in for tea too," Van admitted.

Van went to the kitchen to prepare it.

Bani took the liberty to have a seat.

"Cute kid," Bani chuckled. "Anyway I was at the bar when these treasure hunters... sky pirates... whatever they were came in all beat up. They said they came from Nabudis and that whatever is in the Salikawoods is nothing compared to it. I don't know whether to take that as a good thing or not but good thing Lari and the others weren't sent there right?"

----

Yuuki floated onward and away from the travelers he came across. When he was a distance away he stopped and went into his pouch and produced the crystal he found (from the malboro remember). He observed it, turning it around in his hand. He could see the darkness swirling within and it fascinated him. It was the soul of the creature slain. Only a few foes would become arcana when slain and each core was as unique as the soul it housed. He used one finger to stroke a line down the smooth exterior of the stone before slipping it back into his bag. He would have time later to admire the spoils of the day. For now he had a hunt to do.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 12-11-2010 at 10:59 PM.

12-12-2010   #198 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

"Yeah, I guess so. Although, the kid there said there's some kind of big treasure hidden in the Salikawoods. We might have to go check it out sometime," Jyrn laughed, "But I'm definitely going to take it easy for while, I still haven't slept, ufufu~ Besides, I need to show this kid the ropes."

12-13-2010   #199 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Bani perked up at the mention of a treasure in the Salikawoods.

"Funny you said that because the treasure hunters I spoke to were after a big treasure themselves," Bani said. "Anyway i suppose there's no big rush. If it's as dangerous as they say that treasure will be there for quite some time. In the mean time you can rest and show that kid the ropes. Hey, maybe i'll do some fact finding of my own too."

12-14-2010   #200 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

((ooc: oh god forget waiting, time skip!))

The five of them continued on into the dark woods, hoping to not meet another Malboro. But the seeq they encountered said there was a whole army, so they needed to be cautious...

Upon walking in more of the woods, they arrived at an unusual spot of a forest. There was a three way split path, two going in opposite directions left and right that curve away, but the main path that was ahead of them was surrounded perfectly by aisles of trees. They could see red glow ahead, and a few were spot on white as the dots of light were slightly scattered.

"That might be out mark," Leila said.