ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Role-playing (http://ggftw.com/forum/role-playing/)
-   -   To Your True self - A persona RP (http://ggftw.com/forum/role-playing/77894-your-true-self-persona-rp.html)

Mitchi 06-21-2010 01:53 PM

To Your True self - A persona RP

OOC thread: /forum/bar/77708-you...ct-change.html

Prologue:

It's a week before school starts, and its a beautiful new school year.

Altisa University. A gorgeous school that's one of the top universities in this half of the country. It's technology programs are top notch, and it's got good art programs and science programs too. unfortunately, over the past three years, it's suicide rates have climbed to be one of the highest too. As investigations always revealed little, it was assumed that it was from stress, and Altisa gained a reputation as one of the harder schools in the nation.

But to the students and staff, this place is home. Aside from the gorgeous campus with numerous social clubs, Irvine boasts a bustling town with many attractions geared towards the student crowd. There's bars and cafes, arcades and bookstores, shops of all kinds, a decent mall, and even a theater that plays old movies.

One of the biggest boons Altisa has is its in school social networking site. Connect U, made by one of the students and hosted on the campus servers, is so popular among students that most students have one before class even begins. As soon as they are assigned their school email address, most students have their profiles up and running within a day. In fact, for some teachers, it's actually mandatory that their students have a profile so they can contact the teacher and even get homework and notes.

Like the school itself, Connect U hosts a variety of social groups and online clubs, and they're rumored to number into the thousands. But one night, after registering your email, you received an invite from a mysterious club. It had little information, and you couldn't see the members, but the name itself caught your eye.

You have been invited to join "The Velvet Room."

----

A week has passed since that night, and you've settled into your dorm room and started your classes.

8/18, Monday (afternoon)

(please choose among the following dorms:
Bruce hall: Coed dorms known for housing the freak and geek crowd. It's very rare that you'll find yourself here by accident, since most people that live here had requested it. Located near the art buildings.

Sylvan hall: All girls Dorm, located near the library.

Wester Hall : Coed dorm located near the stadium. Rumored to have one of the better cafeterias.

Crowley Hall: All male dorm, located near the science lab.

Lorelei Hall: Coed dorm, reserved for kids that were honor students in highschool. Located near the language building.)

Notes:
- You must have registered in the OOC thread (and have been approved) prior to posting.
- Please do not advance the day without the permission of the GMs (both of us)
- The current rate of passage of time is 2 days IRL = 1 day in story.

Registered PCs:
- /forum/character-inf...th-seonwu.html - Dani
- /forum/character-inf...-giovanni.html - Maget
- /forum/character-inf...a-shepard.html - Mitchi
- /forum/character-inf...amber-lau.html - PedroRomero
- /forum/character-inf...hellenoir.html - Len Mirei Rhois
- /forum/character-inf...a-summers.html - Sandrie
- William :gar:cia - Dani
- /forum/character-inf...-stanback.html - Adun

PedroRomero 06-21-2010 03:37 PM

Amber slammed the dorm door open and then just as loudly slammed it shut, ignoring the tired murmurring of her room mate under the blankets of the bed closest to her. Without a word of apology she slipped her folder onto her desk and fell face first onto her bed.

It was the first day of classes for Amber and her monday schedule was pretty light. She had US history first and all they did was go over the syllabus. The next class, English composition, was pretty much the same. She got out early and so by 1:30 she had the rest of the day to herself. She found herself stunned by the realization that unlike high school she'd have the majority of her time to do with as she pleased. Generally that could be a welcomed feeling, but then again idleness was never Amber's best friend. Instead she found herself thinking that she had to find something to do with her time, hopefully in the form of a part time job or maybe some club activities.

There was that one club that she joined on Connect U a while ago, but she hadn't really heard anything else from it. Maybe it was just something people made because it sounded nice? She decided to look around for something like a street dance club or something. She smiled against her pillow. Henry would like that.

She was brought out of her musings by the sounds of her room mate shuffling out of bed, grumbling something about "doors" and "common courtesy". Amber chuckled as she heard the other girl disappear into the bathroom and then sat up. She rang her fingers through her hair and let out a sigh, sending a glance at her computer wondering if she should check connect U.

She decided to put such ventures on hold however, when her stomach suddenly growled loudly.

'Oh yeah,' she thought, standing up. 'I missed breakfast today. I better go down to lunch before my stomach eats itself.'

She left the dorm once more and headed down to the connecting cafeteria. When she got there she got a plate full of 4 pepperoni pizza slices an orange and a glass of milk and sat alone in one of the tables in the corner of the dining hall.

Mitchi 06-21-2010 07:11 PM

Layla kicked back on the couch and smiled as she opened her laptop. She was happy to back in school. It felt great to be done with a full day of classes. Summer semester just didn't replicate that feeling, since there were no club activities going on.

She navigated through the pages, a different club in each tab. Today was Monday, which meant it was a meeting day for the mush heads. None of the other clubs were having meetings until next week, though Spec was having an informal get together and recruitment on friday.

Something caught her attention though. She looked at the page for the velvet room. New members? And quite a few of them too. She whistled slightly and clicked around to look at the new members. These guys didn't look like they'd be too hard to get a hold of. A bunch of freshmen. All it would take now was finding them.

She thought about the one place she and Nathan had been investigating. They needed help as soon as they could get it, which meant she should probably track these kids down. But she also needed to go the the Mycology meeting.

Layla closed her laptop and stuffed it in her bag.

"I'm going out, got some people to recruit" she shouted before running out the front door and slamming it behind her.

PedroRomero 06-21-2010 08:18 PM

Amber finished her lunch and went and put away her dishes and then went back to get a soft serve ice cream cone. Afterward she really was at a loss for what to do. The week before school started she found herself busy with packing and unpacking, meeting her hall mates and doing activities with them as ice breakers. Her floor mates were generally likable people, but Amber just didn't click with any of them. If she found a club she'd be sure to find some friends as well as have something to do with all of her time.

Amber exited the building, pulling the brim of her hat further down to block the sun and decided to take a walk around campus. She walked around aimlessly eating her vanilla cone.

Maget 06-21-2010 09:48 PM

Nathaniel Giovanni sat across his colleague on another couch, tapping a key or two ever so often on his laptop, his cold gaze fixated on the screen. This was the day where he expected the velvet room to scout out those who have the "potential" to join their little club. And he was right.

" Three additions. All freshmen. Two males, one female. " Nathaniel said in his usual tone, a finger pushing up the thin frames on his face before he continued.

They didn't have much time. It's been a few weeks since the first disappearance for the school year; a Sophomore by the name of Andrews. The urban legend states that once a person disappears for a month, they come back with a vacant look in their eyes, and soon after that comes their suicide.

" They'll have to be initiated by the end of the week. I hate to admit it, but we'll need a few more bodies if we're to save Andrews. Now let's-- ...Miss Shephard? " Nathaniel looked up from his laptop upon hearing the sound of a closing laptop.

"I'm going out, got some people to recruit!" she shouted before running out the front door and slamming it behind her.

" And just how do you intend to-- " Nathaniel was cut short by the sound of a closing door, leaving him sitting alone in the room with an undecipherable expression on his face. Did she really intend on just walking to the campus proper?

" Remind me why I tolerate working with you, Miss Shephard. " Nathaniel muttered to himself, as he started to upload pictures and information on the three candidates for their club into his mobile phone.

Keith Seonwu
Amber Lau
Ren Chellenoir

Stuffing his laptop in his briefcase, Nathaniel made for the door, heading towards the parking lot where Layla would HOPEFULLY be waiting for him.

Mitchi 06-21-2010 10:14 PM

Layla fished around in her bag for her car keys and walked over to the curb where she parked. She hit the clicker and her car beeped as it unlocked. Walking over to the driver's seat, she noticed Nathaniel exiting through the front door.

"You coming too?" She smirked. She figured that she'd go and find the girl named Amber while Nathan went to find one of the other two. Split the work, get things done faster. Then again, she probably should have mentioned this thought out loud.

She slid into the drivers seat of her modest but well kept Corolla and reached back to place her bag in the back seat. She pulled her seatbelt on and waited for Nathaniel to see if he was going to join her or take his own ride. When she saw him get in on the passenger side, she smirked and started up the car.

"So, first stop is Wester."

Rhois 06-21-2010 10:29 PM

Ren collapsed with a muffled fumph onto his bed, as he assumed many others had down before him. Whoever thought being orientated could be so tiring? Rolling onto his front he narrowly missed splatting off the bed. Finding it a safer option to be on the floor Ren located his laptop bag and pulling on the shoulder strap, went to find some lunch.

A few minutes walk had him staring at the menu bemusedly. "It's very American..." Ren muttered quietly to himself. Opting for a salad, Ren found and empty table and made himself, and his laptop at home.

Maget 06-21-2010 10:50 PM

"Of course. I fear that leaving our mutual interests all up to you... " Nathaniel paused as he headed for the passenger's seat, seating himself before continuing. " ...will be a terrible mistake. "

Nathaniel looked around at his makeshift partner's vehicle, taking in a slight whiff of car air-freshener. He had ridden in her corolla several times by now, all in the pursuit of their club's goal. He was thankful that she was actually a competent driver, but he still couldn't stop himself from addressing her about her driving.

" I know we're in a hurry, but please do try to drive carefully. " Nathaniel said coolly, fastening his seat belt without a single glance in Layla's direction.

PedroRomero 06-21-2010 10:53 PM

When Amber finished her ice cream cone she headed back to where her dorm was. As she approached she saw some of her floor mates outside playing Frisbee on the lawn.

"Oh hey!" one of the boys waved. "... uhm, Amber right?"

Amber nodded and slowed her pace.

"You should come join us," he said.

Amber was about to decline his offer because she wanted to check the computer but decided that there really was no point. The computer would still be there later anyway. She went over and took off her hat and set it beside one of the dorm mates who were sitting by a tree.

When she joined the 4 boys they game commenced and she found herself having fun in her new company. So maybe there was something she could enjoy doing with her floor mates after all.

Mitchi 06-21-2010 11:03 PM

"Oh please. I drive better than you sometimes" She said with a slight smirk. She carefully pulled forward and drove towards the stadium.

----

Wester Hall was a pretty generic and standard dorm. Three floors, with a large common room and cafeteria on the first floor. Layla had been here several times, since a few of her friends lived here. She parked and got out of the car, then opened the back door and pulled out her backpack and headed to the office to ask where their target was. Really, she should have paid more attention to who they were supposed to be looking for, but she couldn't honestly remember if the girl had her picture on her profile.

She paused and looked back at Nathaniel.

"Do you remember what she looked like?" She asked as she pulled out her phone. If anything, she could always just check the girl's profile.

Dani 06-22-2010 04:27 AM

Keith sat down on his bed in his dorm. It was lunch but he really didn't have an appetite at all. His mind kept flashing back to a short, old man he had seen in a dream or something with a huge nose that kept going on about "Persona, Persona, PERSONA" and "Social links, Social links, SOCIAL LINKS".

It was so creepy and it's still haunting him!

Maybe some fresh air might help clear my mind... he thought.

Keith got up and in a matter of minutes quickly slipped out of his dorm- The Bruce Hall. The only reason why he chose to stay there was because it was close to teh art buildings... But all the freaks were already making him want to change to Wester. He let out an annoyed sigh and aimlessly walked around the campus. It was pretty bright out so he slipped his hand into his jeans pocket, pulled out his designer shades and put them on.

Maget 06-22-2010 08:51 AM

Nathaniel flipped his phone outwards towards Layla as he looked elsewhere with a disinterested gaze. On the screen was the picture of a brown-haired girl posing with a similarly brown-haired boy taken from the Connect-U website.

" I know I said that we needed more members. However... " Nathaniel trailed off, studying the picture on his phone himself, appearing deep in thought.

" This girl doesn't appear to be much of a fighter. Do you really think she has the potential? " Nathaniel said coldly, his other hand scratching his chin as he went over the girl's information once again. He didn't actually care much for Layla's opinion, but knowing what she thought would at least have some merit.

He knew enough to not judge a book by its cover, but he also recognized that first impressions were also somewhat accurate.

" That crooked man. He could just as much be playing us all for Fools. " Nathaniel mused as the pair continued on to their destination.

Mitchi 06-22-2010 12:11 PM

Layla looked over at Nathaniel's phone.

"Well, for what it's worth, I'm not much for fighting either, but really, at this point we need to take what we can get."

She walked into the building, completely missing Amber playing frisbee (lol) and went over to the small office, where a very bored girl sat.

"Hey, Melissa, I need a favor." Layla said, draping herself over the counter.

"Hmm?" The girl looked up, slightly less bored "Whatcha need, Lay?"

"I need help finding someone. Moved into this dorm this sem, new kid." Layla said with a smile "Name's Amber Lau, happen to know what room she's in?"

"Come on Layla, you know I can't just give out personal information like that" The girl said while scribbling something on a piece of paper. She balled it up and stuffed it into Layla's hand. Layla then smiled slightly as she pulled herself back up to standing, then looked dissapointed.

"Alright, I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to ask you...I'm gonna go talk to some old friends though. See ya round!"

She smiled and headed towards the staircase that led up to the next floor.

PedroRomero 06-22-2010 01:32 PM

If Amber had never taken frisbee seriously before, one couldn't tell by the way she was taking it now. At first they were simply tossing the disk between each other, but as there were 6 of them out there it split into teams of three and the true game began. Within minutes the spirit of competition grew fierce among them.

It was the middle of an intense play, and her team mate made a shallow throw that startled everyone on the field. Without thinking she began running towards the disk, and hopped up, stretching her arm as far as it would go. He fingers grazed the rim of the disk, but it just wasn't good enough. She felt something hit against her chest and she fell roughly to her side. She couldn't breathe momentarily. The wind had literally been knocked away from her chest.

She struggled to sit up, and rubbed where she'd been hit.

"Holy crap what was that?" she growled.

The guy laying beside her grabbed his shoulder as he too began to get up. However, she couldn't help but notice the frisbee in his free hand.

"Hey!" she protested as she stood as well. "You knocked me out of the way!"

The guy merely laughed and threw the disk again and she pushed him to the ground before taking off after it.

After a few more plays they all went to the tree where the girl was watchign their stuff for a brief rest.

"Hey Amber, you should join our Ultimate club," the guy who pushed her said.

"For Frisbee?" she asked. "When do ya'll meet?"

The guy shrugged, "I'm a freshman too, ya know. But on the internet they said the interest meeting is Wednesday afternoon. You should come with me."

"Sure ok," Amber agreed. "As long as it doesn't interfere with anything else."

"You're in another club?"

"I was thinking of looking for a group who did break or something... and I also joined another club on Connect U that I don't even know what they do. I just randomly joined it."

"Oh, ok. Well keep me posted ok?" he said, taking a swig of his water bottle. "You want some?"

Amber hesitated before taking a bit of the offered drink. "Thanks."

"Alright let's go. Round two!" the guy stood and began bouncing back to the middle of the lawn.

Amber stood and followed.

((i do not condone drinking after strangers))

Maget 06-22-2010 10:30 PM

Nathaniel found himself resisting the urge for his palm to meet his face as he watched Layla's little exchange. Anyone with half a brain who cared would have seen that! The dark haired man eyed the piece of paper that Layla clutched in her hand as she started to climb the stairs.

" I'll wait for you at the front. Be sure to give me a call when you find her. " Nathaniel said as he turned around, dismissing her with a wave of his hand as he headed for the front door.

The sun shone brightly on the young man's face as he sat on one of the benches in front of the Wester building. He wasn't there to enjoy the view however, as he busied himself with replying to text messages and answering calls from his subordinates. Running a business was a tough job, even for someone of his caliber.

Ever so often, his eyes would flutter to the colorful frisbees that were being thrown around the field by various students that he assumed were from Wester. He paid it little mind though, as he called up another district manager, intent on calling her out on a certain product mishap involving immoral conduct.

Mitchi 06-22-2010 11:01 PM

Layla smiled and ran up the stairs to the room written on the paper. She didn't want her friend to get in trouble, but at least this way, no one but Nathan could say that the girl helped them get the info, not that anyone would care. Besides, Nat wouldn't dare rat her out, not if he didn't want a pillow shoved against his face while he slept.

She knocked on the door and received a groggy reply. Amber's roommate opened the door, looking rather tired. She looked at Layla questioningly.

"Is Amber here?" She queried.

"She left ages ago. Probably in the cafeteria. If you'll excuse me, I need to pass." The girl said, hoisting a back pack on her shoulder. Layla stepped out of the way as the girl pulled the door shut, the automatic lock clicking behind her.

"Thanks anyway." Layla said, heading down the stairs right behind Amber's roommate. She inadvertently followed her out, almost forgetting about the cafeteria. She turned as she heard the girl speak.

"Oh there she is, with the frisbee dudes." The girl said unenthusiastically. Layla turned and saw...well, the only one that looked female still looked like a guy, and was throwing a frisbee that was veering towards Nat, who seemed to be more absorbed in his phone.

PedroRomero 06-22-2010 11:40 PM

Amber threw the frisbee away from the guy who hit her in the chest earlier at an angel so it flew up really high. The guy ran deep and far away, but instead of going all the way out there the disk dipped down and she ran up and jumped to catch it again.

"Ha! Tricked ya," she yelled tauntingly.

"Just throw the damn thing," the guys yelled.

She rolled her eyes and flicked it randomly. It flew in an arc towards the benches and she watched it, shielding her eyes with her hand and when she followed its course she noticed it was heading towards a student who was on his phone.

"Hey!" she called, cupping her hands together as one of her team mates ran up after the disk as well. She received no response and found herself thinking scathingly whether the boy was blind and deaf.

"Hey look out!" she tried again.

Maget 06-23-2010 01:28 AM

Can't these people ever get it right? We're not going to make our quota for the week if they keep this up... Nathaniel sighed, rubbing his temples as he started to punch in the reply to another manager with a text message.

...?!

Nathaniel was disturbed from his thoughts as a strange, colorful object appeared at the corner of his vision, spinning rapidly towards his direction. He didn't have much time to react, much less evade the incoming frisbee projectile.

THWACK!

The frisbee came into contact with Nathaniel's phone, knocking the screen clean off the handle, leaving nothing but a defunct keypad in the dark-haired man's palm. The makeshift projectile ricocheted away from the impact, landing only a few feet in the grass from where he was sitting.

What a pain... Nathaniel thought, shutting his eyes for a moment before standing up. Gathering what remained of his phone and the frisbee in question, Nathaniel started to walk towards the culprit girl, an indecipherable expression on his face. He didn't appear too distraught over the loss of his phone, yet he didn't seem all too pleased either.

" I believe... we have much to talk about. " Nathaniel spoke coldly as he leered at the girl, showing what remained of his phone in his open palm.

This girl... she looks familiar.

" And I think this belongs to you. " Nathaniel continued, handing the frisbee back to the girl.

Mitchi 06-23-2010 01:37 AM

"Na---" Layla was about to warn him when the frisbee hit his phone with enough force to break it. She ran over as he picked up the neon colored plastic disc.

"Are you okay?" She asked, looking a little worried. She looked over at the girl who he was handing the frisbee to.

"Wait, you're Amber, aren't you?" She asked. She grabbed the girl's hands and pulled her away from the frisbee game. The sooner she could get the girl out of the crowded area, the better.

"We need to talk to you." She said softly, a serious look in her eyes. "It's about the Velvet room."

PedroRomero 06-23-2010 01:48 AM

Amber winced when the Frisbee made contact with the guy's phone and the device broke. She hesitated before running over to him.

"I'm sorry! I tried to worn you. I didn't mean to break it!" she said as she neared.

" I believe... we have much to talk about. " Nathaniel spoke coldly as he leered at the her, showing what remained of his phone in his open palm.

Amber looked worried. She really didn't have the money to pay for that.

" And I think this belongs to you. " The man continued, handing the frisbee back to the her.

Amber accepted it, and then rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "Thanks. So what this about talking? If it's about paying for a new phone then--"

She trailed off, not really knowing what to say. She really, really didn't want to pay for the phone so she certainly wasn't about to volunteer for it. That phone looked way more expensive than her prepaid handphone.

"Wait, you're Amber, aren't you?"

Amber stopped worrying for a moment to turn to look at the person who just spoke. It was a girl who was a little shorter than her that she failed to notice before.

"Huh?" Amber blinked. "Sure, but-- Hey!"

She protested as the girl took her hands and began pulling her away.

"We need to talk to you." the other girl said softly, a serious look in her eyes. "It's about the Velvet room."

"What's that?" Amber said, having forgotten all about the club from Connect U. "Look I already said sorry about the phone."

She forgot all about her hat that was left behind with her hall mates.