Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-26-2010   #101 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

"Ugh, it's like home all over again..." Rebecca moaned after taking a quick read of the papers. "But, if it isn't depression, then what the heck is it? I don't understand how people go from completely fine to suicidal."

"Then again, I don't understand ANY of this. By 'mystery club' I thought she meant it was staged, like those places the forensics majors practice. Whaa, what if they know my folks are all cops and think I've some super detective prodigy?!" the redhead thought to herself, beginning to regret what she got into.

Last edited by Sandrie; 06-26-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: grammar

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-26-2010   #102 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

After musing for some time Ren finally requested the Risotto. He had never been good at restuarants, as most of the food on the menu was unknown. Taking the papers after Rebecca he read over them slowly before placing them back onto the large table.

"It's very unlikely that they became so stressed they killed themselves from college work. You'd probably only even think of commiting suicide if you were an extreme over achiever and prone to beign stressed. Which is unlikely again." Ren paused for a sip of water before continuing his diagnosis, "Thus you can really only conclude that they were murdered, or abducted, or some such other disagreeable means of beign disposed. Why anybody would want to is bizarre, and not to mention morbid."

06-26-2010   #103 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

"Well its nice and all that you are investigating these weird suicides..." Keith said as he skimmed through the papers,"But why us? Normally I don't like being a skeptic, but if if the others here were invited to your little club like I was, why did you choose us?"

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

06-26-2010   #104 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

"Had me stumped until I found the connection, and I'm studying to do this this stuff for a living." Layla replied dryly. She sighed and waited for the waitress to leave.

"No, it was definitely suicide. None of the methods seem connected, but they all had no outside help in ending their lives..or that's what the general consensus is. And they weren't abducted, their bodies were all recovered."

"The truth is that this isn't the work of a serial killer or something. I've read all the reports, did research, and at one point even encountered one of the deceased myself. It's no ordinary case of suicide. It's not coordinated, it's not cleverly disguised murder and it's not a case of college blues take to the extreme. There's something a bit more sinister at work here..."

She paused as the waitress came in to deliver drinks, then resumed when she exited.

"What we need to know here and now is if you're in or out. You joined, and this will be the last chance you'll have to back out. From here on out, it's serious business." She said before taking a sip of her lemonade. "As for why we 'chose you' let's just say...we didn't."

06-26-2010   #105 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Keith hesitated before replying, "... I see..."

He leaned back, crossed his arms and paused to think for a moment. He then gave her his answer, "Well, I'm in."

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

06-26-2010   #106 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

"Err..." Rebecca started for a moment before stopping, pondering what she should say.

"I probably should just leave right now. but..."

"I-I'm in."

06-26-2010   #107 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of

Ren swirled the water in his glass while thinking.

"I suppose. Do you have any guarantees towards our safety during the investigations?"

06-26-2010   #108 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

Amber was snacking on bread sticks and took a sip of her iced tea, slouching in her chair. She was listening to what everyone said and it was pretty annoying listening to everyone talk about those people who committed suicide as some sort of social problem that needed fixing. She had set her shades on the table to be able to better read the paper Layla had handed her and with each word she found herself growing annoyed and a bit uncomfortable.

"This is stupid," she finally said. "Is it really that farfetched to think someone's unsatisfied with their life. People don't need to explain their reasons."

She heatedly took another bite of her bread stick, and then just stuffed the rest in her mouth, trying to look anywhere but at the other people at the table or the paper. Unfortunately, her eyes found the words again.

"And I don't think they wanted or needed anyone to find out either."

06-26-2010   #109 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

"Calm down. The need to explain is one thing, but the need to learn from a mistake is another. If one doesn't learn history they are doomed to repeat it." Layla said, looking intently at Amber. She paused for a second and glanced over the other stack of papers. She handed one to Keith, Ren and Rebecca. She turned back to Amber and continued. "People that were looking for a way out were usually seeking the help they never had. Finding out why people try to end their lives is the reason my job exists, or rather, to learn the reasons so we can help keep it from happening."

"Although in this case, it's a little different. The simple fact is that this is not your run of the mill case of college kids biting the bullet. This is something entirely different."

She looked amber in the eyes, in her hand one last sheet of paper.

"Are you in or out, Amber? This is highly important. This decision rides on you just as much as anyone else."

((Btw, the paper she handed them was a form. You know, the type that you use for applications and shit))

Last edited by Mitchi; 06-26-2010 at 11:58 PM.

06-27-2010   #110 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Amber worried her lip, but couldn't bring herself to look at Layla.

"Why should I care about some dead person?" Amber asked in a low voice, as if she wasn't quite sure if she wanted anyone to hear her.

She thought, 'How should I know anything about what these people felt? If no one cared then why should we care now. They're... dead... it's over. How can it be anything more than that?'

She really didn't understand why Layla was acting like they all were specifically chosen for the club anyway. She thought about what she knew of the cub already:

-They were interested in mysteries
-The current mystery had to do with a string of suicides on campus
-Investigating the suicides would likely benefit the future in some way because it'll help people "learn from past mistakes" (whatever that meant)

If anything the club was the mystery itself. She had never done anything in life to show she was material for the club. The only extracurricular she ever did in high school was volleyball and orchestra even those she did half heartedly.

She didn't say anything else however. Amber stuffed another bread stick in her mouth all the way and shook her head.

"Sorry... I'm going to decline. Thanks though."

She stood and threw three crumpled bills on the table.

"That's for the tea. I'll cya guys around campus maybe."

Amber left.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 06-27-2010 at 12:27 AM.

06-27-2010   #111 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Layla calmly placed the last form back on the table. She glanced at Nate to be certain he wasn't about to over react, but he seemed to be showing restraint. She calmly reached into her bag and pulled out some pens for her club mates and passed them out.

"What's going on is more than just a simple 'hey, people are killing themselves.' As hard as it is to believe, there's an outside force at work here."

The waitress came by and brought the food out, looking confused as Amber left. She set the food down, trying to keep a smiley facade despite her curiosity.

"Miss? Could you please pack that in a to go box?" She asked, motioning to Amber's food.

The waitress chirped out a reply and took the plate back to the kitchen to pack it.

"What would you say if I told you someone was behind the scenes here trying to make more people kill themselves?"

06-27-2010   #112 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Keith filled the form out and took a bite of his lasagna, "Then that person is one sick bastard." He took a few more bites then drank some of his pepsie, "If someone really is behind this, then what exactly would drive them to cause people to commit suicide is what I wonder..."

06-27-2010   #113 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"We don't know." Layla said after taking a few bites. "We still haven't found their motives or reasons behind this, but this much is certain: These suicides are more than just...suicides."

She took a sip of her lemonade and smiled.

"So, have any interesting dreams lately? I heard blue butterfiles are a popular REM sleep sight these days" She said wryly.

06-27-2010   #114 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games

Ren began filling his form out as soon as he'd received his pen, almost forgetting about the rest of the company. Fortune made him bring his head back up to the top of his shoulders in time to hear Layla.

"I assume strange voices saying, "You are I, and I art thou," are typical during REM sleep as well?"

06-27-2010   #115 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"And creepy, long-nosed old men and zombie-like women," Keith added.

06-27-2010   #116 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Layla smirked.

"Zombie-like? Never heard of her being described like that. She's a nice girl, so she'll be sad to hear that."

Layla took the forms and tucked them away in her bag, then smiled at her companions.

"Interesting that neither of you bothered to ask what you were filling out. I also find it funny that neither of you seem surprised to find that you all dreamed the same thing. Kids these days are so desensitized, eh Nathaniel dear?" She said with a grin.

This was going to be easier than she thought.

06-27-2010   #117 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Amber made it out of the restaurant and managed the walk back to campus fine. There were a lot of students walking around town, some already in the beginning stages of drunkenness. Once she made it to the lawn of Wester she felt her stomach really begin to growl, remind her of the fact she had yet to eat that day at all other than some bread sticks.

She made a detour to the dining hall and got a to go box. The take out box was pretty small so she did her best to stuff it to the brim with pork chop, baked potato and green beans. She then got a coke and returned to her dorm.

She was in the process of balancing her food and using her key to open her door when Sherry poked her head out from next door.

"Hey Amber, you just getting back?" Sherry asked the obvious.

"Yeah I went to pick up some food. Why what's up?" Amber asked.

Sherry exited her room and then hurried Amber into her room. Amber was confused but shut the door behind her and walked to her desk, setting down her food.

"What's up? You can sit on my bed," Amber said.

Sherry went and sat on Amber's bed but she looked decidedly nervous. It was quiet as Amber sat at her desk and began to eat her food. It wasn't really that great. She was really looking forward to spaghetti and even though pork chop wasn't bad, it just wasn't spaghetti. When she was halfway done she finally spoke.

"Yo. You didn't just come to watch me eat did you?"

Sherry shook her head, "No... it's actually about Jess."

"Huh, what's wrong?" Amber asked.

"She reported you to the RA."

"What!?" Amber gasped.

"I know... Bryant and Sean tried to argue for you... I did too... but Jess says you're really rude. You always slamming doors and having guests over and trashing the room."

"That is bull. She has that friend of hers over at all hours even when I'm sleeping. At least my guests are actual people from the hall."

"I know. And half the stuff that happens is mostly Sean's fault. I said that but she wouldn't listen. She told Ben anyway and Ben's going to hold a meeting and I just had to tell you before the found out you were back."

"Where are they now?" Amber asked, appetite suddenly fading.

"Last I heard, Jess was in the study room."

"This sucks. I never did anything to her."

"She also said that she thinks you check her out when she comes out the shower," Sherry admitted.

"The hell!? She wishes I check her out. How conceited could she get?" Amber protested.

"Anyway... so yeah the only reason I know is because I was called in too since I share the bathroom and it's my fault Sean can get into your room."

Amber took one last bit of the pork chop and closed her container. As if on cue there was a knock at the door. Amber and Sherry looked at each other and then at the door and Amber got up and answered it. It was Ben their RA along with Jess.

"Hey Amber, is this a bad time?" Ben asked.

"No, not really," Amber replied. "Sherry and I were just talking."

She stepped back and let them in.

"It's come to my attention that you and Jess aren't getting along," Ben started...

And thus began the lecture about how it can be hard adjusting to dorm life but when you share space with someone you have to be courteous. Amber sat and listened as her charges were read against her. She tried to contest each point and bring up the times Jess had been less than amicable as well (like the time she used one of Amber's towels because her own were all in the wash). By the end of it Amber got tired of arguing and merely kept nodding and nodding until Ben finally began to wind down.

"Anyway, so tomorrow I'll put up a new list of rules and we'll hold a hall meeting to go over it. Don't worry I won't bring up any names so it's completely anonymous as to why we're having a revision," Ben assured.

"Right, I'm sure everyone already knows anyway," Amber scoffed, folding her arms.

"Excuse me?" Ben asked.

"Ok... hall meeting," she replied.

Once Ben left Jess grabbed her things and went into the bathroom for a shower.

"That's right. She better take a shower. I hate her," Amber scowled as soon as the shower started. "She needs to lighten up. Seriously. I don't even want to see her face."

"What are you to do?" Sherry asked.

"I wish you switch room mate with me," Amber stated. "Maybe Melinda and Jess would get along better."

"I would if I could but Mel and I been planning to room together since high school."

Amber let out a heavy sigh and Sherry rubbed her back. Amber really didn't want to see Jess ever again. She didn't know if she could stop herself from pounding her fist against it.

"I need to take a walk. I really don't want to see her when she comes out," Amber said.

"Want me to come with?" Sherry asked.

"No it's fine. I'm gonna go to the cyber cafe and get on the internet. I still haven't emailed all my cousins and stuff anyway," Amber admitted.

Sherry looked skeptical but Amber merely poked her cheek.

"Don't make that worried face. It's too cute. You might actually cheer me up," Amber teased.

Sherry playfully hit Amber's shoulder, "That's the point isn't it?"

"Anyway, I'll just go out now. Thanks for telling me ahead of time. I don't think I could have kept my cool if they would have ambushed me without me knowing and if you weren't there too."

"No problem. You and Melinda are the only cool girls on this floor so I've got your back."

That said Amber and Sherry parted ways, with Amber leaving the building all together. When she got out the building she started thinking about that evening.

Then coming back to the dorm was no better. She knew things between her and Jess hadn't gotten better in the week they had known each other, but Amber thought that they'd settle into a companionship eventually. It proved to be not so. As the days went on she just hated Jess more and now the feeling was apparently mutual.

Suddenly, a weird thought came to Amber's mind. Didn't Layla tell her yesterday that the Velvet Room had their own dormitory for members? That would be so perfect to live there and away from Jess. In fact it was almost appealing. She had just met Layla and that guy. The guy looked hard to live with but Layla seemed to get along with all types of people.

Still there was that thing about the suicides and the velvet room. Her mother had warned her that the reputation of the school worried her and that it wouldn't be a good place for Amber, but as soon as they both visited the campus together they knew that it was a great place. So why then did that stupid suicide club (yes, that's what it was to her now) decide to contact her? The objective of the club was weird too. They weren't trying to help victims? Then what were they trying to do? It certainly wasn't a hotline of counseling service.

Amber sat on a bench and considered her options. She either lived with Jess for the rest of the semester or pretend to be interested in suicide one day out of the week for a semester. The choice was up to her.

((kk i'm done posting until after the dinner is over since it's obvious time has passed since amber left the dinner table))

06-27-2010   #118 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Keith handed the pen to Layla, "I am surprised that we had the same dream, but my mind is occupied by that creepy old man. It's not the first time I've seen him. First time he kept going on about something called... a Persona or something... And some crazy destiny talk. This was ages ago, though."

06-27-2010   #119 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Layla smiled.

"I see old Igor has been more informative this time around. Took a while before Nathan and I found out much. But in any case, That form was your official application to my Fraternity. As soon as I turn this in, you will officially be members of Sigma Mu Tau. You can start moving into the chapter house tomorrow. I'll send you the address later, or drive you there tonight if you want." Layla said with a smirk.

"And no, I can't guarantee your safety." She said mysteriously.

Last edited by Mitchi; 06-27-2010 at 02:49 AM.

06-27-2010   #120 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games

"Ah, excellent." intoned Ren as he handed back the form to Layla and began on his food. Ren proceeded to make the time old mistake of trying to swallow while inhaling for breath. A small coughing fit ensued involving much breast beating and taking of water before he could speak again. "If it would be efficent I'd prefer to move in tonight. Though what are our rooming arrangements?"