Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-01-2010   #241 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Amber nodded taking the weapons. Her hands dropped a llittle from the weight.

"Thanks. Woah," she said. "That was heavier than I thought. On tv they make it look so easy."

She turned towards where Nathanial was still talking with Rebecca.

"Yo Nat! Think fast!" She made a gesture to throw one at him but then stopped, instead laughing. "Just kidding."

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-01-2010   #242 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Rebecca was speechless. How did he know that she knew how to handle a gun? And where did he get them, no less?

All she could mutter was "T-thanks," accepting the guns, taking them cautiously by the handles. "I guess as long as no one gets hurt..." her voice trailed off.

07-01-2010   #243 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Amber returned her attention to Layla, "I guess I'll use these then. If I don't like throwing them in people's faces I can always switch right?"

07-01-2010   #244 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

"Of course. I'm sure Saeko won't mind you trying them out to make sure you like em." She said, smiling.

07-02-2010   #245 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Maget can only hope to improve

" No one will, if you use them right. " Nathaniel put his hand on Rebecca's shoulder as if to assure her. His expression was cold as usual, yet he still tried his best to console the girl's feelings.

As he turned around to see what all the racket was about, Nathaniel was greeted by a good helping of deja vu; Amber was about to throw a chakra at him.

" Lau, you still owe me a cellphone. " Nathaniel said in jest, though his expression barely changed as he eyed Amber.

" Once you all finalize your choices, we're moving out to Andrew's apartment. "

07-02-2010   #246 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Amber found herself blushing in embarrassment at Nathanial's comment. She had completely forgot about the Frisbee-cellphone incident. She still thanked her lucky stars she didn't have to pay for it!

" Once you all finalize your choices, we're moving out to Andrew's apartment. " Nathanial then said.

"Huh? Who's that?" Amber asked. "Oh never mind I remember now. So we just gotta find clues as to where this Andrews kid is right? Are we gonna split up like scooby doo?"

07-02-2010   #247 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

"If we split up like in Scooby Doo, we are all more likely to get hurt or who knows what. And I'm pretty sure we aren't dealing with people with a white sheet over them. You know, that's why real cops and the like always want backup." Rebecca said flatly, finally starting to getting over the large amount of weapons by her.

07-02-2010   #248 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"But if we split up we'll cover more ground," Amber said. "And if we find something that's when we call for back up. We just gotta be sneaky and make sure the abductors don't see us come in."

07-02-2010   #249 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

"And if we split up, we risk getting into serious trouble." Layla said, looking over the bokken she picked out. "We stick together until we're sure you can handle things."

07-04-2010   #250 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

Will was surprised by all the weapons. Keith was too, but he didn't really show it.

While everyone else was doing his thing, Keith had grabbed a pair of spiked knuckle dusters and greaves. He didn't exactly like the idea of... weapon shopping, but if he really had to pick these were what he decided to go with.

Will on the other hand was checking out all the weapons. You could easily see the amazement written all over his face at the large array of weapons, "Wooow! To think this shop had all these weapons..." He then eyed a lance with a cross blade at one end and a irregular blade on the other. He grabbed it and looked over the weapon once, then twice, "I don't really get it, but we're all getting weapons, right? I'll go with this, then," He grinned.

Keith shook his head in disbelief. How the hell did this guy end up in this damn club?

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 07-04-2010 at 08:16 AM.

07-04-2010   #251 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Layla looked around at everyone and took a mental inventory of their chosen weapons. Upon the realization that Ren still hadn't chosen a weapon, she picked up an oak wood Bokken and thrust it towards him.

"You still don't have a weapon, and you'll need one. If you can't decide, then just use this one. It's decent for attacking and if you know what you're doing, it can be great for defense."

She picked up her own choices and walked over towards the door.

"If everyone's ready, we need to get going."

07-04-2010   #252 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Ok," Amber chirped.

07-04-2010   #253 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

"Well, I'm ready whenever everyone else is." Rebecca said to Layla. "But, the sooner the better..." she said, taking another nervous look at the plethora of weapons.

07-04-2010   #254 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

"Ready," Keith said.

"Uh, ready," Will said. He's a bit confused by whats going on with the group.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

07-05-2010   #255 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Maget can only hope to improve

" You seem to be taking this well. You'll find out more soon enough. " Nathaniel assured Will, though his expression remained as cold as ever as he walked out of the room to talk to Saeko.

" Thank you Saeko. We will be taking the back door. I will visit again when I require your services. " Nathaniel thanked the old woman as he started to walk into the weapons room again.

" Oh its no problem at all. Just be sure to visit with your girlfriend when you come back, Nat-chan... " Saeko replied, smiling sweetly as she bowed at the young man.

" Gghhk... " Nathaniel quickly adjusted his glasses, to hide the annoyance in his expression as he opened the back door of the weapons room, leading to the mall's service entrance. Few things in the world could disturb Nathaniel's cold demeanor, and Saeko's senseless banter was one of them. Mistaking Layla for his girlfriend every time they visited just made things worse.

" Come. We don't have much time. " Nathaniel said, motioning for the group to follow him down the dark corridor.

>>8/22 - Fri -- Late Night

232 Larson St.

Arriving by car at a dimly lit street in one of Irvine's many residential areas, the group finds itself in front of the Hawthorn Residences building. Few cars pass by the road, and there are even fewer pedestrians as a light mist perpetuates the air.

" Hide your gear, and don't talk to anyone you pass by. Follow me. " Nathaniel instructed as he led the group into the dull-looking building, up the steps and past the double glass doors. A simple, well-lit lobby with dark chairs, tables and a receptionist desk with an elevator and staircase at the other side of the room was all that greeted the party, a glum atmosphere emanating from the walls.

Nathaniel nonchalantly walked past the receptionist, who had strangely chosen to pay no attention to the strange group as they walked into the elevator, heading for the 7th floor.

Floor 7, Unit 707

Nary a sound but their own footsteps could be heard on the building's 7th floor as Nathaniel led the group down the long corridor. The whole floor seemed to be deserted, all of the doors shut tight except for one rather peculiar door that was ajar.

Yellow police tape blocked entry into the room, held up by a pair of hazard blocks, a warning to the curious. Nathaniel paid the obstacle no heed however as he merely stepped over the tape and into the victim's room.

Thomas Andrews' room looked like what any person would expect from a normal college student's room; small and messy. Food stains here and there could be seen on the grey carpeted floor, that appeared as if it hadn't been cleaned for months. Crumpled bedsheets lay on the bed, sharing the spot with several articles of used clothing. A finished bowl of ramen lay on the table, all but the soup gone, seemingly left there for who knows how long.

The only eye-catching object in the room was a lone laptop sitting on the desk, plugged in with its LED blinking, signifying that it was on. Nathaniel seemed to pay it no mind however, as he turned to face the group. The young man set the briefcase he had been carrying on the bed, opening it to reveal four pocket-sized gadgets that resembled a modern smartphone.

" These are gifts from Professor Connor. They are custom-made units of the latest breakthroughs in the mobile phone industry. They will be required for you to carry them during club activities, though I would suggest that you keep them within reach at all times. You will see why... shortly. " Nathaniel explained, handing the phones to the other members before turning to Layla.

" Shephard, get the connection ready. It's almost time. " Nathaniel said, an ominous tone in his voice as he turned towards the laptop, a serious look on his face.

07-05-2010   #256 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

((DEM PHONES:

Why? Because I am in love with the Android OS.))

Layla nodded and dashed to the computer. The screen flickered to life and she clicked around and typed a few things, with the usual beeping notifications emanating softly from the speakers. The computer still appeared to be logged into Connect U.

"Alright, ready everyone?" Layla asked, her face bathed in the ghostly glow of the monitor.

The light indicating connection to the internet flickered, changing from a soft orange to a glaring red. With a final click, the room seemed to wave, and a pale blue light poured out from the screen.

As it washed over the room, the edges of everything suddenly seemed more lucid and almost curvy, as everything took on a Bluish tint with green lines. Touches of black and white accented things every now and again, adding a slightly unnerving feel to the blue room.

"Now don't go running around without us or you'll get lost." Layla said, stepping back from the computer.

07-05-2010   #257 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Keith and Will looked around at the now changed surroundings.

"Woah, what the hell just happened!?" Will exclaimed.

Keith swallowed hard. He had a bad feeling about this... And he walked right into this himself too. Might as well see it through 'till the end. He slipped on the knuckle dusters and greaves.

"So," Keith just finished tying on the last greave, "Where to?"

07-05-2010   #258 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

"Uhm, just what exactly happened just now?" Rebecca asked aloud. "Are we even still in the same place?"

07-05-2010   #259 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Amber looked around curiously, unconsciously stepping closer to the person next to her so that their arms bumped.

07-05-2010   #260 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Layla turned towards the rest of the group.

"This." She said, motioning to their surroundings "Is the real purpose of this...group. It's easier for us to function when we pretend to be a simple fraternity, but in reality...well, There's nothing I could say that's not just repetition." She said with a sigh.

"The easiest way to explain this is to show you. Come on."

Layla strode past everyone in the small, blue tinted room and opened the warped, curving door.

"Stay close together, since wandering around too much can have some pretty bad results." She said, stepping through the curvy opening.

The hallway looked long and endless, swaying and curving like a snake. The carpet had taken on a navy blue hue with splotches of black here and there, and the walls appeared to pulsate.