Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-29-2010   #201 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

"Then I suppose I would do... moderately well, I guess," Keith corrected himself.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-29-2010   #202 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

"I dunno about you guys but if someone try to come for me they're gonna get a kick to the gut and i'm haulin' tail," Amber interjected. "What kind of situation are you trying to insinuate we'll be getting into."

06-29-2010   #203 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

"I don't mean to scare you guys, but it's only fair to warn you: This will get dangerous. I'm not just talking about gang fights or little scuffles." She replied, looking around "There's going to be some rather serious fights we're going to have to deal with. I need to know what you guys can handle, for your own safety."

06-29-2010   #204 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

"Then why not tell us what exactly we'll be fighting?" Keith asked.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

06-29-2010   #205 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

"Kick to the gut and haulin' tail," Amber reiterated.

06-29-2010   #206 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Layla smiled. These kids had spunk.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you, Keith." She replied with a smirk "But you'll be able to find out tomorrow. To put it simply, we'll be going up against what's causing all this to happen."

"Fortunately, you will have Nathan and I to back you up but...well, I just don't want you guys to be unprepared."

06-29-2010   #207 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Maget can only hope to improve

" Hah, don't scare the kids Laylay! Why I used to go on the field myself with just a broken bottle, some beer an... " The professor stopped, realizing that he was going off track. Clearing his throat, he continued. " Ahem... well she's right about one thing. Goin' in there, ya have to be prepared for anything. What's most important is- "

" A strong resolve. " Nathan finished the professor's sentence for him as he tapped a thoughtful finger on his head. " Without resolve, all the battle experience you've had-- "

" Will mean jack-****. " The professor interrupted this time, grinning at an annoyed Nathaniel. " See, ya won't be able to call on yer inner selves without it. And without that... ye wouldn't be any different from the poor sods that keep gettin' themselves kidnapped every goddamn month. "

" Anyway, come in tomorrow and I'll have a surprise for all of ya. The good type of surprise, don't ya worry. Hehe. " Winston chuckled as he put his elbows on the armrests and stared at the ceiling.

Last edited by Maget; 06-29-2010 at 06:12 PM.

06-29-2010   #208 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"I'm not trying to scare anyone. I just don't want anyone getting hurt." She responded flatly.

She was still really annoyed that Nathan had left without her that night. Not because he didn't bring her, but because he was careless enough to get hurt. Hopefully she'd be able to help everyone and keep them from getting injured.

"Any last questions anyone?" Layla asked.

06-29-2010   #209 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

"Inner selves?" Ren massaged a sensitive spot behinds his ears, these glasses keep digging in, he thought sleepily. "Why would we call on our inner selves?"

06-30-2010   #210 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Amber rolled her eyes, "I dunno. For strength." She shrugged. "Rely on yourself and be strong."

In her thoughts it was pretty obvious what it meant. After all people could support you all of the way but in the end it's you who chooses whether to go on. Perseverance. That was a word Amber learned to cling to in the years.

"At the end of the day we are all we have," there was an annoyed tone in her voice.

06-30-2010   #211 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Maget can only hope to improve

" Heh, I'm sure these kids can take a thrashin' or two. It builds character, hehehe. " Winston chuckled to himself.

" Whoa there girlie. That ain't exactly true. Sure, ya need to train yerselves and strengthen yer resolve. But I need ya to work as a team 'ere. Won't do ya any good to rely on just yourself. " The professor explained, flashing a meaningful glance at Nathan, who then raised an eyebrow before he continued.

" Different people draw their strength from different things. Could be yer family, yer lover... yeesh, friends, that old lady runnin' the library, hell, one guy even used the power of knowledge once... ridiculous if ye ask me, but it worked. " The professor cleared his throat as he finally stood up to dismiss their little meeting.

" The rest of yer queries will be answered tomorrow, on your first club activity. Now while we're here lets get to partyin' shall we?! I'm sure the lot of ya have some pretty good stories to tell. So who wants a drink?? " Winstone sauntered off to the fridge with all intentions of raiding it for a beer or two.

06-30-2010   #212 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Layla nearly facepalmed. Professor Connor could be pretty irresponsible, but she had no clue why he was offering alcohol to a bunch of freshmen. Everyone before her had already graduated and left, so they were older. This was simply ridiculous.

"Stop trying to give them booze."

[The group spent the rest of the night socializing with each other]

8/21 - thur -- end

-----

>>8/22 - Fri -- Afternoon

What a day. While Layla usually didn't get slammed with this much school work on a Friday, she was drained. She wandered inside and tossed her bag into her room, then grabbed a bottle of grape juice from her mini fridge.

She really didn't feel like doing homework right now, now when they were going to explore that place later, but she had to. She took her laptop with her and sat on one of the couches out in the living room and set to work.

Earlier in the day, she had texted everyone to try to be home by 5:30, mostly to make sure they had everything they needed before they left that night.

((and yes, she explained to Rebecca what she missed))

Last edited by Mitchi; 06-30-2010 at 10:35 AM.

06-30-2010   #213 (permalink)
Special
Games

Keith was already in his room, typing away on his laptop. His headphones were on so you could hear his music resonate from them as usual. He was finishing up a project he received in one of his classes. Because of his music he didn't hear Layla come in.

After doing a few last touches on his project in Photoshop, he saved it and closed the program. He turned off his laptop and hooked it up to the charger at the desk and made his way to the kitchen to grab one of his many cans of pepsie. He still had his headphones and ipod, but he noticed Layla this time.

Keith took his headphones off and let them rest at his shoulders, "Yo, Layla."

He proceeded to go and grab a pepsie from the fridge.

06-30-2010   #214 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"Hey Keith" She replied, not looking up from her work.

She glanced at the clock at the corner. She still had a ton left to do. There was research and typing and studying, and she even had some club duties to attend to. The mushes were meeting tomorrow, and she had work, and then she had to set up a few things for the judo club, then get fliers printed for Spectrum...there was a lot that needed to be done by monday, and on top of that, there was Andrew to worry about.

"Keith, by chance would you know when the others get back?"

06-30-2010   #215 (permalink)
Special
Games

"No idea," he replied before he opened the can of pepsie and downed a few gulps of it.

06-30-2010   #216 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Layla sighed and looked at her computer, as well as the open notebook she had on the coffee table.

"I feel about ready to bash my head into my monitor."

06-30-2010   #217 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Yeah, I'm doing fine, but I moved into a different dorm," Amber was saying into her cellphone. "No... I joined a club and they had their own house and I didn't get along with my own room mate."

She walking down the side walk on the way back to the house.

"I don't mind my new room mates so much although I still don't know them too well."

Now that she was talking about it, she never really sat down and talked with anyone unless she counted the time in the car with Layla. Even then barely a few sentences were exchanged as Amber had been upset.

Amber listened patiently as her mother's voices prattled on through the speaker.

"Mom! I am not spending too much time making friends. It's only the first week," Amber replied. "School work looks easy so far and the syllabus doesn't look so bad either."

She was torn between being annoyed or chuckling. On one hand her mother worried she didn't have friends then the next minute her mother will think she's hanging out too much and not focused on school. To be honest, the only people she would hang out with on campus was Sherry and Bryan and she only saw them a few times because of their varying schedules.

She spoke with her mom a little more before finally they hung up.

When Amber finally saw the house she somehow didn't feel the same eagerness to run into the house. She slowed her pace, opting to take in the scenary. There were trees lining both sides of the street and she could see a small playground at the end of the street. She decided to go there first since the club wasn't until later anyway.

She made it to the playground and sat on the swing thinking about her decision to come to this school. She wanted to get away from home and away from everything that reminded her of the things she wanted to forget. It was strange that in her struggle to not have Henry's memory fade she lost her self somewhere along the way. She wasn't Henry and could never be him but she also didn't really feel like Amber anymore. Wasn't getting away from that stifling atmosphere supposed to help her with that?

She sighed as she began to move upon the swing. Pumping her legs lazily.

Then why was it that being far away just made her feel so alone? Sure Sherry was nice and Bryan and Sean never failed in making her smile but when she wasn't with them, which was a lot of the time, she found herself wondering what it was that she wanted.

06-30-2010   #218 (permalink)
Special
Games

Keith chuckled, "Swamped with work, huh?"

Then, the front door burst open and what waltzed in was a latino boy with one hell of a grin.

"Yo yo yo! Will Garcia here!" The youth laughed as he approached the two students, "Prof Connor told me that if I joined this club I'd get free booze!"

Keith was at a loss of words, but he managed to let out what he was thinking, "... What the ****? Who the hell do you think you are, just bursting in like that!?"

"Uh, Will Garcia. Didn't you catch it the first time?" Will chuckled, "So uh... This IS the frathouse for that Velvet Room thing, right? Or did I burst into the wrong building?"

06-30-2010   #219 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"Uh...um...no, you're in the right house..."

Layla pulled out her cellphone and dialed a number quickly. It barely had time to ring before she heard a jovial voice answer.

"Laylay! I forgot to tell you, there's a new guy joinin ya!"

"You couldn't have told me sooner?" She asked, flustered.

"I take it he's there?"

Layla hung up the phone, agitated.

"Hi, I'm Layla, Welcome to Sigma Mu tau. I'll get you a form." Layla sighed. It was hard being chipper when the world was working so hard against her. She closed her laptop and retreated to her room to get an application form for the frat.

07-01-2010   #220 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Rebecca entered the frat home, to see that Layla, Keith, and some other guy was already there.

"Hi everyone, how are you all doing?" Rebecca asked.