Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-01-2010   #21 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Walking up north to the path of Dunbarton, Laila was looking at all the scenery. It was nice to stop and actually look around, usually she would only be this way if she had to get to Emain Macha and didn't want to take the more dangerous shortcut.

While her eyes were off the road, she found herself bumping into a much taller person with purple hair.

"Ah, pardon me..." she said to the man.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-01-2010   #22 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

The ghouls didn't look convinced, but they weren't one to stop anyone from doing anything crazy. Suddenly the blue small ghoul from earlier seemed to think of a great idea. He jumped up and began to wave his hands excitedly.

"Hey boss!" he said.

"What is it?" Shriek asked.

"This Incubus is venturing outside into the land of our enemies. Don't you think he would need some protection?"

Shriek gave a skeptical look, "Protection? I hope you're not volunteering yourself. You couldn't protect yourself. You're the main one saying mob tactics are the way to go."

The small blue ghoul shook his head, "No Boss. But Blanche's armor was pierced recently remember and he can't get the items needed without going into the upper world. This could be Blanche's time to finally go get it. Safety in numbers after all."

Shriek rubbed his decaying jaw in thought, "Hmmm... I'm actually surprised, Boo. That is a good idea."

The small ghoul named Boo grinned.

"Perhaps you wouldn't mind having someone accompany you part of the way. As stated we have a knight who's been needing repairs but everyone's been reluctant on getting the necessary materials from the upper world," Shriek offered.

06-01-2010   #23 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

"Blanche?..." the incubus began, "Well, sure I guess. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to introduce myself. My name's Akaiito."

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

06-01-2010   #24 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

"Ok, Akaiito," grinned Shriek. "Just finish up eating and we'll introduce you to Blanche and get you two acquainted."

Boo clapped his hands, "Blanche will be so happy to know he'll be patched up soon."

Another ghoul laughed with a mouth full of bread, "That is if he can be happy about anything."

The ghouls finished up the food they had and left some bread and cheese for Kai as well.

06-01-2010   #25 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Akaiito finished his meal up too. He ate the remaining bread and cheese and gave the empty basket to a mimic who wanted it for whatever reasons (???). He finished the bottle of wine too, and gave the bottle to a ghost which wanted it. He was now prepared to leave but was waiting on this "Blanche" character. A ghoul told Kai that he would go fetch him and that he wouldn't take long.

The incubus was now sitting by the exit. He was sharpening his skimtar's blade with a whetstone he kept with him.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

06-01-2010   #26 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

The only thing more penetrating than the shrouding darkness was the silence, which bore perfect brooding conditions... that is, until he could hear the tell tale shouts of his name in the distance.

Blanche straightened up from where he leaned against a dark wall and watched as his visitor neared. As he thought it was that silly ghoul Boo coming to see him.

"Hey Blanche! You'll never guess what happened to us on the way to the alter room today?" Boo beamed.

"Did you maul a giant?" Blanche offered.

"Nope," Boo said. "We got strawberry milk!"

Blanche scoffed from beneath his armor at the ghoul and his so-called news. That was no news for him. Everyone knew that Blanche didn't eat or drink. Such frivolous activities would do nothing for him, but wet his armor and leave it sticky. Besides, just the thought of the sweet substance turned his mood sour. Why did these ghouls persist in pursuing such mundane things?

"Now now," Boo smiled. "Before you go all mopy on us for not saving you any--"

"Strawberry milk is the least of my concerns," Blanche replied, a little annoyed that anyone could think he'd bother desiring such a concoction.

"Exactly... but that armor of yours~! Well..."

"Out with it," Blanche bit.

"Right. Well, we found someone you can travel with when you go do that blacksmithing stuff you living armor types have an interest in."

"A travel companion?" If Blanche had a brow to arch it would have been.

"Yeah, it's an incubus from the outside."

"An Incubus, huh?" Blanche asked... the word came out with such disdain that it surprised even the speaker. He didn't have a grudge against Incubus' did he? "I'd rather not."

Boo sighed and grabbed Blanche's hand, "Come on. Atleast meet the guy first."

That said Boo lead Blanche out of the room and towards the place the others were resting.

"I found him!" Boo announced as they entered.

Blanche entered with his heavy clunking and stilled as he zeroed in on the incubus lounging by the door sharpening his weapons. He felt the beginnings of hatred coming up from within. In his mind flashed forth the distant memory of a door in his past and the hatred intensified. He did not know this man but he refused to journey with him.

06-01-2010   #27 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Akaiito looked up from his sword and gave the suit of armor and Boo his attention, "So this is the guy, huh? Blanche... right?"

He stood up and slid the sword into it's scabbard, "Yo, my name's Akaiito," he held his hand out. The armor guy had a bit of a gloomy air around him, but he couldn't be that bad... could he?

06-01-2010   #28 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

In the corner of the clothing shop, hunched over on a small stool, someone shows visible anger while trying to weave fabric. "These god damn gloves suck...this spindle sucks...this wool sucks..." tossing the half finished fabric on the floor, another one is quickly worked on. "Running out of bags...need at least 10 to break even...." weeping on the inside, Leht struggles to create a high quality fabric.

06-01-2010   #29 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Blanche eyed the proffered hand as if it were the most disgusting thing ever. He merely nodded his greeting.

"I came into this world with no name, just as I deserved, but as you can tell I am called Blanche. You too may call me that."

"Oh Blanche, lighten up," Boo grinned. "Besides, Akaiito here's going to be your ticket to getting you patched up and shiny again!"

Blanche remained silent and eyed his potential companion. The name Akaiito was a strange foreign name to him. In the dungeon everyone was named very straightforwardly. A Mimic named Bangle. A Ghost named Glow. However, despite how strange Akaiito sounded it also possessed a bad connotation to the hallow knight. He knew right away he would never get used to saying it.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 06-01-2010 at 09:57 PM.

06-01-2010   #30 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Akaiito slid his sword into a loop on his belt, then brought his arms behind his head, "Wow, you're pretty gloomy. Everyone is born into the world without a name. Fomors and non-formors alike," he tilted his head to the side a bit, "... Don't tell me you think everything is born with a nametag on it. Oh, and if my name's too hard to pronounce, just call me Kai."

06-01-2010   #31 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

As much as Blanche disliked it he knew he had to call the other Formor something.

"Very well, Kai," he said. "So what is this I heard about traveling companions?"

"It's exactly as I told you," Boo said.

"Yep," nodded Shriek, walking over. "Boo's the one who thought of it."

"That figures," scoffed Blanche.

Shriek ignored that and continued on, "Kai here was chased in by some of those crazy Humans and an Elf who sought to acquire his horns. We offered for him to stay here but he said he'd rather travel. It's dangerous out there for a Fomor but with you by his side he should be fine. Plus this is the perfect opportunity for you to get the stuff together for your new armor or get the current one fixed."

"What you say is true, but how can you be so sure I want to be fixed."

"I can see it in your eyes," replied Shriek.

"I won't even start listing what was wrong with that reply," Blanche deadpanned.

"So you'll do it?"

"Well..."

"Great! Be sure to steal lots of snacks and terrorize as many villages as possible! We all know those Humans deserve a lot more. Who knows, maybe after you scope the place out we'll be able to plan for a complete take over!" Shriek grinned.

"Wait I didn't agree on--" Blanche just stopped trying to protest. Even if he didn't want to at least something good would come out of it. He would get repaired. Maybe (hopefully) Akaiito would die. Blanche was confident that he himself would come out unscathed. Nobody could match him in battle, and even if they could a premature end would be just what he'd need to escape the day to day torture of living.

Last edited by PedroRomero; 06-01-2010 at 11:02 PM.

06-02-2010   #32 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

Shinkirou continued to read his book as he walked down the path. He bumped into a woman while he was reading. "Oh, sorry." He took a glance at the apples in her bag. "Excuse me, are those apples from the trees down the road? Are there any more?"

06-02-2010   #33 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

"Well, at least the apple tree nearest to Dunbarton I picked clean. There are other ones but they are rather close to all those nasty bears." Laila said to the man.

"Actually, I think I have some extra ones, would like some?" she said while taking out an apple, offering it.

06-02-2010   #34 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Kai smiled a bit, "Well... If you're coming I'm ready to leave whenever you are..."

He felt a bit sheepish. He could sense that Blanche obviously thought ill of him right off the bat. He also had a bit of an odd feeling that he already knew the knight, but he figured it was just the food digesting in his stomach. Well its not like it's permanent anyways; once they get him repaired he would bring him back to Peaca and he would go on his merry way to explore the human world.

Last edited by Dani; 06-02-2010 at 07:55 AM.

06-02-2010   #35 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice

"Sure!"
Although the bears wouldn't be much of a threat, it would save him the trip. Shinkirou took the woman's offer, and took out a pack of strawberry milk. "Would you like to try some of this? I made it myself, and I'd like to have someone else criticize it rather than myself."

06-02-2010   #36 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

"Uhm, sure!" she said, happily accepting the milk. Laila was kinda thirsty anyway, and it looked really good.

"...Wow, this is pretty good!" she said taking a sip. She took another, longer one before saying, "Oh, excuse my manners, my name is Laila. It's nice to meet you."

06-02-2010   #37 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou grinned at Laila's reaction.
"Thanks! I'm Shinkirou. Nice to meet you too. I need some berries, too. I'm gonna go take a look at the trees and bushes around here. Thanks again!"
He ran off to the grassy field, in search of berries.

06-02-2010   #38 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"What!?" the ghouls looked positively offended.

"You just got down here. Rest a bit would ya?"

"Yeah, Blanche didn't even have a chance to pack yet... or say goodbye to the dungeon boss. And before you ask, no it isn't Shriek."

"I think I'd make a fine dungeon boss," remarked Shriek. "But the boys are right. Blanche, don't tell me you're so willing to part with your brothers so quickly."

"The other living armor won't miss me," Blanche stated matter of factly. "In fact, Rusty has been wanting someone to look at some new smithing techniques but nobody had volunteered."

"Well that's mighty convenient," Boo said.

"I know," Blanche said. "Regardless of how sudden this day has come, it was to come either way. If that is all, I suppose I'll be on my way. The sooner I leave the sooner I can return."

"Don't forget the snacks!" Boo reminded.

"And take notes," Shriek nodded. "This is the perfect time to spy on the enemy."

"Well I highly doubt my armor is conducive to any spying," Blanche replied sincerely.

"They'll just assume you're an armor clad human or something," Shriek shrugged. "I don't know how many living armors they see roaming no the surface. Be creative."

"Right."

Shriek nodded and then said, "Well if we're all done here I think I'll show these boys the way to the exit."

"Awww byeeee Blanche!" A bunch of ghouls and other formors hugged him.

06-03-2010   #39 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Kai kept quiet but the smile on his face didn't fade. For a guy as dark as him, he sure seemed... loved. Maybe it was unconditional? Well it didn't really matter to him. If anything it was pretty hard to not laugh (though he made sure the amusement wasn't shown on his face). If Blanche had a body, Kai could imagine him scowling throughout all the hugs and goodbyes he was receiving.

06-03-2010   #40 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

That done, everyone, and I mean everyone, led the two travelers out to the dungeon exit.

"Take care," a young ghoul sobbed.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do," a ghost quipped.

A few more rounds of that and more hugs and Blanche just had enough of it.

He wretched himself from their grasps and practically stomped through the exit without so much as a goodbye.