Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-11-2010   #1 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake
Default Official RP plot Brainstorming thread

A thread for when you need to bounce ideas back and forth before starting an RP. Also to help gauge interest on a particular idea, to see if you should start work on it (how much does it suck to make an RP and have everything all planned out and elaborate only to get a bunch of "eh, not my thing" type responses?).

Also good for if you have an idea but don't necessarily want to run the RP yourself (you would prefer someone else do it, or you would prefer to be a normal player).

-----------------

To start off, I have a couple ideas that I was thinking of starting work on, but I don't know if I should do em (or which one to start up first).

Persona RP
A while back, Ryan (Maget) had an idea for a Shin Megami Tensei RP, but not many people wanted to join since it wasn't persona. Figured a Persona one might be good.

Monster taming RP
Seeing as how my gamer husband and I both love monster raising games (monster rancher, pokemon, jade cocoon, etc) I was wondering if there was interest for an RP on a forum (need to bounce ideas for work on my actual monster raising game).

((title pending)) IDK what type
Imagine for a second that if someone poured their heart and soul into creating something, that it would give it a soul (a scuplture would move, a weapon would be stronger, etc). What would you craft with all your heart?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-11-2010   #2 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Oh I was actually gonna start a persona rp on here when burning steel finished, lol

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-11-2010   #3 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

looool good thing I posted this then lol.

Inb4 collab RP.

05-11-2010   #4 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

haha a collab would be cool

well the one thing stumping me how is how PCs would summon their personae. I mean, guns and cards are cool, but if we want to relive those we could just replay the games. >:

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-11-2010   #5 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Well one thing I was thinking was that it could be player choice. Hell, some people actually want to use an evoker o-o

As long as it's something that actually gets the point across well and isn't totally random, then it shouldn't be too hard to come up with something. Hell, injecting yourself with adrenaline would give the same effect as an evoker.

The real problem is people picking personas, though that could be a first come first serve thing. I'd personally ban god tiers like Mara or Alice or w/e

05-11-2010   #6 (permalink)
Special
Games

LOL mara

mmm i suppose. we could think more about it later lol.

as for the personae, I'd say we should work on that first (like list out the pickable personae). It'd been a lot of SMT wiki swimming though but meh

05-11-2010   #7 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

To simplify, we could just pick ones used by PCs instead of wading through the 9001 in existence. Some are too weak to work, like jack frost/pixie/nekomata or such, but some of the level 17-25 ones would work (Mithra, Leanan sídhe, Rakshasa)

05-11-2010   #8 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

I don't have the background to do persona rp o3o (don't kill me, I just never got around to playing one)

Crafting RP seems interesting but it needs some more details, same with the monster taming one.

05-11-2010   #9 (permalink)
Special
Games

oh good point

and lol nop

05-11-2010   #10 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Monster taming one:

I have two to go off of. One is a poke-clone, the other is more jade cocoon 2/cubivore.

Afterwild:
Post nuclear war (where have we heard that before in my games? XD), society struggles to rebuild itself. Animals, however, have developed special, almost magical traits to survive. Mythical creatures such as elementals and dragons have appeared, and even plants have started to manifest sentience. Animals grow stronger by eating the hearts of other "tainted" creatures, and begin to manifest their prey's traits (Wolves with scales or wings anyone?).

Pocket Worlds
In the very distant future, overpopulation has become a major problem for mankind. Technology had led to the discovery of inter-dimensional travel. However, as no other dimensions were in existence, there were none we could travel to. But the technology had given way to something new: pocket dimensions. People could have their own personal little worlds.

Along with this new technology there was something new that arose: The ability to create life. Artificial life forms were made (long story short: we mades pokemanz).

05-11-2010   #11 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

dhgdslkf; Mitchi! i wanted to pick one of those persona like jack frost. is puck/robin goodfellow one or was that just a monster? Only game i played was Persona 2 and that was play station era so i don't know much about the lore anymore tbh

and i uhm always wanted to do a Final Fantasy based rp but never knew if people were interested. My preference would be FFXII but people generally don't care for that one

05-11-2010   #12 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

I've always wanted to try a .Hack related RP.

05-11-2010   #13 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

I never played 2, but wiki says he is. He's lovers arcana.

edit:

OMFG .hack RP. I've been trying to make one of those for a while lulz. It would be The World ver. 1, not R2.

05-11-2010   #14 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

It'd be helpful if we had a plot to at least provide a driving force, even if it's weak we can at least get a story rolling.

05-11-2010   #15 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

That's what this thread is for.

Although most GMs don't liek to reveal teh plot.

Also, what say you guys on a rehash of my Ar Tonelico RP? I kinda wanna run ti again, but almost none of the old players are RPing.

05-11-2010   #16 (permalink)
Special
Games

.hack rp would be awesome even though i havent really played the games (I watched .hack.//sign tho)

also i dont know anything about ar tonelico so meh

05-11-2010   #17 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

i still never played the series but i'd join again.

and can i use robin goodfellow then?

05-11-2010   #18 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

If i can find a a list of it's attacks and such then sure, i guess. Still need to draw up a list for it.

Dunno what storyline we'd use for .hack though, since they already have the legendary dotHackers (Kite, blackrose, etc) and then there was Shugo and his group.

lol, random thought: Zombie survival lololol

05-11-2010   #19 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

i think zombie survival.... would be something i'd sit out of (but knowing me i'd feel left out and join anyway)

05-11-2010   #20 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Zombie wouldn't work too well anyways really. I consider it more of a visual medium O_o

It's also too fast paced.

Oh here's a good one: Soul eater. lol.