Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-30-2011   #241 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Like I said before, I'll probably do this. :v

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-30-2011   #242 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Pedo: Yeah and Bandy's grandmother is dying. She's swamped with work and family stuff so she's been really busy.

I've also been held up by things myself, sorry. I'll update Paradise later today.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

03-30-2011   #243 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

so uh, going back to that .hack//-slash-The World idea
I thought about it for a while and decided, rather than making it wholly based on the series, we can make an RP that is based on its concepts and such, not a complete RP on it.
Basically it would be an RP about online games and real life events during that time.
I've thought of storylines and such as that, so I guess I have a general concept of it, but nothing has really solidified itself into my head yet (as it never does).

Pretty much what I thought up of so far seems... rather experimental to me. I want it to be somewhat autonomous. Although I'll guide through whatever story I manage to craft, an RP like this kind of feels like you should be able to do a lot of things without the help of a leader. In a way, it's a hangout RP with plot.

Haven't a name for it, nor a proper story yet, but some things I kind of want to have:
-Real world character and avatar/online character, as well as interactions on both levels.
-Real world events that are/can be affected by the game.
-Freedom plays a huge role, there are limits and principles, but autonomy seems best.

It's a turbulent season, so this won't happen soon (if it is to happen at all), considering everyone's current busy life (and my lackthereof) and being a heavily experimental thing, still need to work out foreseeable problems. I honestly don't think there would be many problems, because I trust this forum to manage well, but it's mainly things like my lack of strong detail and such that might lead to trouble.

Ideas? Suggestions? Critiques?

03-30-2011   #244 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

@dani - no it's cool. i'm sure everyone totally understands that real life happens.

@nihiru - so does that mean everyone would know each other irl?

Also: 1/2 Prince - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

03-30-2011   #245 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

rofl, Second Life.

You can if you want, I want to emulate the wonders of the online-versus-reality identity that we have in our own real lives on a grand scale.
Meaning, things like two real-life characters being in different parts of the world and deciding to have a meet-up in real-life would be something I'm interested in seeing. I don't really want a one dimension, flat-and-leveled playground for people, but two levels that we can both interact with in and out, which is why I find that an autonomous RP would be better for this, rather than one that the master has to have a hand in everything.
Like I said, I want freedom to be a large part of the RP, open to a wide variety of what we can do. Things like having a real-life character being a huge rock star and playing the game and then going to a simple student are always possible and interesting.

04-27-2011   #246 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Welp
If anyone's bored in the RP section and wants something to do I can write up something simple and fun. Nothing way too serious cuz I have like 3247238947 other things I'm doing nowadays.

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

04-27-2011   #247 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

a i was thinking of maybe maybe starting silly mabi rp after my finals.

It would be even more lighthearted then it was before, and of course our super heroic team is heroic as ever yay

04-27-2011   #248 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Our team was dab3st team.. I hope Pedo will be back soon, or else we won't have derptier Blanche looool.
Also incubi horns.

04-27-2011   #249 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Always up for any RP, I guess.

05-13-2011   #250 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Quote:
Ever since the path to the Heavenly Lands of Asgard and the Strange distant world of Utgard had been reopened, inhabitants of both worlds have entered Midgard. Those who came to Midgard seeked simpler lives, away from the turbulence of their homelands. Though hesitant mankind accepted them, and soon they lived in harmony.

However, word was out that at the same time the Midgard seal had been undone... Six other seals were broken as well... As was the way to Niflheim and in turn the Ginnungagap. Soon enough a plague quickly infected the people of Midgard; angels and demons included. Their homelands were also affected and as a result the worlds were quickly sent into turmoil. Some of the older demons who lived to be thousands and thousands of years old said it was comparable to the devastating Black Plague of the olden Midgard. Soon enough after a devastating death toll the plague (labeled Élivágar's Embrace) faded and people started to slowly recover from the effects the plague had brought with it.

Since the plague had faded, life seemed to return to normal.. But then people began to notice something very, very wrong.

People who died from Élivágar's Embrace were rising from the dead as if they never died in the first place. Their flesh pure and untainted, full of vitality. Naturally panic rose and the undead had been nearly cast out. People who tried to banish those who lived to see day once more were slowly disappearing, reappearing once again acting almost like completely different people.

Now in the present, the fear of monsters of the past now gone thanks to the demons and angels teaming up with the local guilds a new scare arises in the hearts of many.

Another tale of the world, once again written in blood.
Quote:
N.E. 260
"Another sky pirate attack?"

"Aye, 'eh've been 'appening a lot, these days."

"What with the current panic from the plague, they really are taking advantage of the situation."

"Aye... Common folk are like flounderin' fish."

In the lone port of Syhi the boats creaked as the gentle evening breeze made the waves of the water come forth. The occasional gull crying in the distance only added to the peaceful atmosphere. As sailors chatted outside the local pubs, wanderers hurrying for inns or their homes passed hurriedly. Even in the quiet of the night the slowly welling fear of the Élivágar's Embrace was in the hearts of many. However, one man darbed entirely in a black cloak that looks as though it has protected it's owner from the elements for many years approached the two sailors who were tending to their ship before entering the pub for the night. From underneath the hood one could see the bright, blazing eyes the youth bore of crimson. His face was framed with red curls that were cropped just below his chin.

The newcomer gave the sailors a slight bow and greeted them, "Good evening, men."

The pair of sailors gave the man a nod. One replied, "'ello. You a traveler?"

The red eyed youth nodded, "Yeh. Do you men know the fastest route to the port city, York?"

"Take a carriage northeast. In a week and a half you'll reach York.. Beware the desert though. Nasty creatures roam those lands."

"Ah.. Thanks." the red haired man turned to walk off in a stride so quick the two sailors didn't have a chance to say anymore to the man.

---

The red eyed youth was quick to leave the town, but of course he grabbed a few provisions before embarking on his trip. On the outskirts of Syhi waited a lone horse. It's coat was a sleek reddish brown and the look in it's eyes belonged to the wild. The man pat the stallion on the neck and climbed up onto it's back. With a deep breath he looked to the stars and removed his hood to reveal the drooping, pointed ears. Shapes hifting magic slowly unraveled and revealed a pair of horns shaped like a bull's, as well as a black tail in the likeness of the Devil.

Drake Romero felt more at ease in the lands of Midgard, surprisingly enough. However, a mere vacation from his home world Utgard wasn't the reason for why he was here.

The man reached into the bag he brought with him out of town and pulled out a loaf of bread. As he tied up the bag and strapped it to his horse quick, he gave the steed a swift kick and with a whinny they embarked into the night. His job was to study the new illness... The Élivágar's Embrace for the Utgard Royal family. Prince Cornelius was being generous in regards to a reward but it wasn't surprising in the least, what with said illness ravaging both Asgard and Utgard as of late. Even Lady Frigga of Asgard was looking to graciously reward whoever found the cause and if possible, a cure!

After all, the Seven Virtues- the Seven Archangels, have not appeared ever since the events two hundred and ninety three years ago... Though it is evident they are present somewhere in the world... Somewhere. There are rumors that angelic figures often come to people in need, and reportedly they had always been the Seven Archangels according to Frigga. Perhaps they were working on finding a cure for the illness?

Whatever the case, the night was still young and he had to press on to York to catch a ferry to the eastern lands.
A bit more random plot stuff from before the start of the actual RP plot that will make it's way into the OOC thread for this just to say I haven't forgotten about this. Also hi Drake.

I'll have a few more random update crap as summer rolls in. The Burning Steel series will continue soon too with it's third and final segment (Burning Steel, Paradise Lost, Finish the Promise). Once we finish up that this new RP in the making will have it's OOC thread up.

The events are loosely related to the Burning Steel series and with some returning cast members but you don't need to be part of the Burning Steel series to join.

Last edited by Dani; 05-13-2011 at 09:16 AM.

06-06-2011   #251 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
a i was thinking of maybe maybe starting silly mabi rp after my finals.

It would be even more lighthearted then it was before, and of course our super heroic team is heroic as ever yay
yay i want this.

also cowboy librarians...

06-06-2011   #252 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Blanche!

06-16-2011   #253 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

So PedoRomeo and I are thinking about starting a FFXIII roleplay. Anyone care to join?

06-16-2011   #254 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

What? Again?
idk, we'll see I guess.

06-16-2011   #255 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Will it be as straight as an arrow like the actual game?
Not that I ever played it.

06-16-2011   #256 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

Idk, i'm still thinking it out, idk what Pedro is doing.

I'm like:

1. Normal human life,
2. some stupid event that makes you go to fal'cie
3. turn into l'cie

doesn't have to be linear, I mean, what do you do after you complete your focus, eh? Create a new character? We could have this gigantic adventure. We probably won't do anything with the L'cie limit.

Either that or, we could wait for more info on FFXIII-2 life and start the RP there. Or create our own world of FFXIII-2.

06-16-2011   #257 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Yeah no thanks, I'll pass.

06-16-2011   #258 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

How 'bout Tales of RP?

06-16-2011   #259 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Sorry but I'd really rather not do a canon universe based rp. It's not my style tbh.

06-16-2011   #260 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I don't want to do it. I'll re-use my FF-RP character for something else, but I'll be damned if I'm doing another one of those e_e