Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-10-2010   #41 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

"Wah!" Floralita gasped at the sight of the jackrabbit. "How dare it eat that!"

Without any warning she sprinted towards the dastardly animal, hoping to scare it away. Seeing animals like that never ceased to amaze her. As hard as it was for people to find food that rabbit looked absolutely beaming with health if not a bit on the over weight side. How dare it mock them with his good nutrition!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-11-2010   #42 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

The jackrabbit twitched it's nose, then took another bite of the cactus before scampering off.

Ikea was miffed. She wished she could just eat the jackrabbit, but she wasn't good at hunting. Maybe one day she'd try to make one of those things that shot pointy sticks out, then she could hunt. Illana said it was called a "crossbow" but that sounded weird.

She ran up to cactus an surveyed it. It looked like it was fine, but there was less they could harvest now. The rascal even took a bite of one of the fruits!

"That's just great. No way this is near enough...Menth would have a fit. We need to find other stuff too." She said, frowning. She used her knife to carefully cut off a few pieces of the flat succulent, then went up to Illana and shoved them in her bag.

"Don't do that! I've got books in there!" Illana said, mortified.

05-11-2010   #43 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

"You'll survive," Floralita said dismissively. "Well... what else then?"

She tapped her face a bit disappointed she wasn't really any help. Since she wasn't in the area a lot she didn't know a lot about what was available at the moment. However her eyes suddenly lit up. She knew someone who did.

"Hey guys! I know who could help us!" she said, slapping her hand in her fist. "Senor Tortuga at the box car always has food and all he ever does is forge. I bet he could help."

05-11-2010   #44 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

"Tor...tu...ga?" Ikea said, tilting her head.

"Oh, the man out in the outskirts. My father mentioned him a few times, but we've never really been out of the town much..." Illana said, clutching her book to her chest. Her bag might get all sticky now but at least she could keep her book out of harm's way.

Ikea shrugged.

"Sounds like a plan. What do you think, Lari? Should we go?" She asked. She planned on going anyways, whatever Larietta's answer might be.

((Calling it a night, see you guys tomorrow))

05-11-2010   #45 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

She wanted to kill that rabbit. It looked tasty... But then Floralita scared it off. It really pissed her off, but she didn't show it.

Larietta let out a yawn, then spoke with unanthusiasm filling her voice, "Whatever. I don't really care."

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-12-2010   #46 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Ok, let's go and keep an eye out maybe that rabbit will come back or something," Floralita said.

She turned and walked in the direction of the train car. It was about a 3km (2 mi) from the outskirts of town.

05-13-2010   #47 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Ikea nodded and followed behind, curious as ever.

---

And meanwhile, not too far from Tortuga's boxcar, there were a couple of coyotes wandering around, hoping for some sort of meal.

05-13-2010   #48 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

Larietta also followed. She had heard of the man Tortuga, but never met him herself.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-13-2010   #49 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

It was yet another one of those blistery hot days. Tortuga couldn't wait until it cooled down that evening. Maybe then he'd feel some compulsion to get back up. He allowed himself a tiny laugh at the thought as he fanned himself with an old piece of cardboard. Staring out into the distance he observed the town from where he half reclined on some over turned crates covered with some tattered cloths. As bad as it was out here in the open it was just too stifling inside his home.

His eyes were slipping closed as the beginnings of a nap started to wash over him.

05-13-2010   #50 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

The Coyotes smelled something that resembled food. It was strange, like the smell of forbidden meat.

Curious and excited, they sauntered in the direction of Tortuga's boxcar.

--------

Ikea chatted idly with her companions as they walked. They were already out of the town and well on their way to Tortuga.

In the distance, however, they saw more cactus...and another dire jackrabbit.

05-17-2010   #51 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Hey look!" Floralita nudged Ikea in the arm with her elbow. "Over there are some more cactus and that rabbit from earlier!"

He was such a pest. She felt like someone should stop him. However she just ran forward and yelled, waving her arms.

"Hey. Stop that! Get away!"

((would the coyote hear that or are they too concerned with tortuga? and lol sorry dani i tried to see if lari was gonna try to hunt i but i went for trying to startle it again))

05-17-2010   #52 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

The jackrabbit looked at the human that ran towards it, and stopped eating. It hissed at them, revealing pointed front teeth that were very unlike "normal" jackrabbits.

Unfortunately, this was normal.

05-17-2010   #53 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Heeding advice from the two girls, Andrew started down the road, and sure enough, sooner or later, came upon a building named "Yatch Club". Knocking on the door, he asked, "Hello? Is anyone there?"

05-17-2010   #54 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Menth leaned back in the stool he was sitting on, then nodded to Alex.

"Welcome, stranger. What brings you to these parts?"

05-17-2010   #55 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Wah!" Floralita halted in her advancement towards the rabbit, but then chuckled. "I should have known he'd show some aggression if we kept interrupting his meals."

She put on hand on the handle of her weapon strapped to her back and crept closer.

"Shoo! Shoo! Go away!" she said, ready to strike if the rabbit did.

05-17-2010   #56 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Returning the greeting with a polite gesture, Andrew gets straight to business. "Hello sir, I'm wondering if you have and water and rations you can spare, and if anyone would be willing to help me move my haul into the safeties of this town."

05-17-2010   #57 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Menth nodded and pulled out a canteen and a small cup. He poured a small amount of water and handed it to Alex.

"Any more than that and it will have to cost you. I might be able to get some of the other men here to help haul whatever you have. Do you have anything to trade?"

05-17-2010   #58 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Accepting the water, Andrew gulps it in one go and places it back on the table. "I do...but I'd rather offer my services. I can fix up most electronic devices and mechanical gadgets."

05-17-2010   #59 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Chucking, Menth set the canteen down on the counter.

"Well, we already have a mechanic here in town, and a damn good one at that. I'll get my men to help you get your stuff over here. There's some Miasma forecast for tonight, and I can't with a good conscience leave a man out to face the elements like that."

He put the canteen under the counter and stepped outside, then cupped his hands around his mouth.

"Kor, Shard, get over here and help me out, will ya?" He shouted. He then stepped back inside and nodded to Alex.

"So, where's your gear that you need moved?"

-----------

((forgot about the rabbit))

The jackrabbit reared back on it's hind legs and gnashed it's teeth at Floralita, then kicked up dust, hoping to intimidate her.

--

The two coyotes were now withing view of the boxcar, and they smelled a meal.

05-17-2010   #60 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Tortuga scratched his butt in his sleep.

-----

Floralita coughed as the dust was kicked in her direction. She dealt with her share of jack rabbits in her travels but she never ceased to be annoyed by them. One could never know what to expect from them. Sometimes they were demure and easily frightened while others were on the offense as if they thought they could take on the world. This one was obviously of the latter variety.

She pulled out her spear and got into an offensive stance. She was planning on doing any work for the meal but it seemed the other girls were hesitant to strike. Oh well, it seemed jack rabbit would be added to the menu.

When the dust cleared she saw the mongrel bearing its gigantic teeth and she prepared to knock it out, lunging forward and aiming her blade at its exposed underside.