Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-19-2010   #241 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

While Cameron waited for Ahrima to answer Miria went into the tavern to help with the preparations of the dinner. Just then however, the A group burst in chatting loudly amongst themselves.

"Hey Cameron!" one of the A members said. "You'll never guess what happened to us today."

"The worms were crazy but we got em," another chimed, pulling out proof of their job completion.

Cameron turned to the page in he ledger and jotted that down. He then got out the sack of money and the sack of 5 medicine potion.

"Here's payment split it amongst yourselves," he said.

The hunters happily took it and went to splitting it in an opposite corner.

"So," smiled Cameron, looking back at Ahrima. "Did you decide which to do?"

He took the fire amulet from his pocket and slipped it into a drawer and then slid it shut.

He still had to chew out the Cs. That was his least favorite aspect of the jobs so he rather he did it when they were all together and relaxed from the ordeal.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-19-2010   #242 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

Ahrima had been half asleep though still awake, she was ignoring Cammy until,
"Did you decide which to do?"

"Yeah, I did decide. I'm going to leave the guild until I learn to follow orders." She still had her eyes closed. She meant what she said.
---
Olifen had been looking for Ahrima, only finally noticing her as she said she was going to leave while speaking to Camel. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Only one day and she wanted to leave already. He then walked up to Camel
"Oi, mind if me and Ahrima talk for a bit?"

05-19-2010   #243 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

"Sure," Cameron said. "Go on ahead. I'm still waiting for her other team mates."

05-19-2010   #244 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

"Alright thanks" Waving off to Camel Olifen went over to Ahrima. "Oi, so what's this I hear about you leaving the guild." He tried to look at Ahrima's face but she would turn it to the oppisate direction every time she felt like he was close.

"I meant what I said, because of me, Van got hurt. I wasn't using my brain." Ahrima opened her eyes and almost gasped from being surprised as she saw Olifen staring right at her.

"Well then, lets leave together. First thing tomorrow. We'll leave the guild and come back when we think we are ready." Olifen then clapped Ahrima on her shoulder. She looked up and him, a smile on her face. Then she kneed him in the gut.

"And why the hell are you leaving, huh?!" He buckled over, nearly fainted but managed to stay up.

"Because, I felt useless this mission. I'm going to try and get used to only one eye and I can only do that by traveling a lot. So how about it." He then took a step away from Ahrima, reaching out his hand. She took his hand and they shaked on it. They would leave first thing tomorrow morning.

05-19-2010   #245 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

"Ah, actually the baths are just down the hall here."

Evis led Melody around the corner and walked down to the baths. There were 2 passages, clearly labeled male and female.

"The rooms you see around the hallway are where tenants live, the baths are pretty big so space isn't a problem." Evis opened the door to the males' side.

"Well, have fun!"

05-19-2010   #246 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Melody nodded and waved, then went to clean herself up.

---

After bathing and applying ointment, Melody dressed herself in a long, deep blue Batiste skirt and a lighter blue top that exposed her midriff, with beads in a fringe at the hem. After pulling on her dirk sheath, she gently tied a silky sash around her hip and pulled her hair to the side. She didn't prefer to have it down, but it was wet so there was little she could do.

She made her way back to the infirmary to give back the ointment. Seeing that Van was still there, she walked over to his bedside.

"Feeling alright?"

((For her outfits, think belly dancer type stuff k))

05-19-2010   #247 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Van managed a sheepish smile, "Yeah. It got me off guard. I... I could have got him. I'm not usually so bad."

Watt let out a laugh, "Kid. You were over your head."

Van blushed in embarrassment.

"You wouldn't know," Van muttered. He then looked at Melody, "How was everyone else? Did they make out alright?"

05-19-2010   #248 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Evis barged into the infirmary, wearing clean casual clothing and with most of the minor cuts bandaged up.

"Hey, Watty! Mind helping me with these?" He took off his shirt and revealed the deeper cuts on his back and chest, and one on his shoulder.

"Oh yeah, hey Van!" He waved to the boy, grinning. "Next time make sure you take the Redkles one by one, more than 3 of them are already A level."

05-19-2010   #249 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Melody sat on the edge of Van's bed.

"You were pretty much the only one that had trouble, to be frank." She said to the boy "Why were you so gung ho about it if you couldn't take them on? Confidence is one thing, but when unfounded, it's just plain foolishness."

05-19-2010   #250 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Evis smirked.

"Hey, don't be so hard on him. Van, even if you actually had some skills, you gotta understand the ranking system is there to judge your skill level. We don't want this kind of situation to happen all the time, so we make people claw their way up the ladder no matter how good they are to start. Same goes for you..." Evis forgot he didn't know the girl's name. "Err...?"

05-19-2010   #251 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Van's eye widened at Melody's words and they seemed to get a bit moist to with what appeared the be tears. He looked away aburptly.

"What do you know!? You're a girl and a C!" He said fiddling with his blanket. "I'll show you next time. vis, I'm skilled. I just had a rough day."

"Kid... once Cameron gets a hold of you there won't be a next time," Watt joked again.

Van bristled at the doctor's words.

"Anyway, Melody we've been trying to talk sense into that kid since he joined. He doesn't learn," shrugged Watt as he approached Evis. He began to help Evis out.

"So what exactly happened anyway? Looks like everyone got in a fight with the redkles," Watt asked.

((ooc darn u nop xD))

05-19-2010   #252 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"Melody" she replied to Evis.

"What do you know!? You're a girl and a C! I'll show you next time."

Melody stood and raised an eyebrow at the young boy. Adolescents were usually obnoxious, so she usually avoided them, but that was uncalled for.

"Anyway, Melody we've been trying to talk sense into that kid since he joined. He doesn't learn. So what exactly happened anyway? Looks like everyone got in a fight with the redkles,"

"We all did, really. See, Our group was supposed to hunt hares, but the hares were only at the farm we were supposed to eliminate them from because the Redkles had moved down from the mountain." She said to Watt "I know my limits, and that other girl, Ahrima, seemed competent too. Given this guild's reputation, I expected Van, who i understand was already a member, to be able to hold his own."

She then turned and looked at the young boy, leaning close to him.

"I'll say this once. Never bring gender into this again. The next time you feel like doing so, I'll be more than happy to remind you that a girl took on monsters where you had failed. I assumed you were a sensible kid but you proved me wrong." She said calmly, her words dripping with poisonous honey.

She stood gracefully and turned to leave.

---

Melody went over to the front desk, where Cameron was sitting.

"Cleaned and patched up. You needed to talk to us?" She said slyly.

05-19-2010   #253 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Yes. Ahrima and Olifen are a bit busy though but I can tell her later if need be," Cameron said. "Basically, what happened today is a gross violation of rules. Ranks are not set just to make people feel better than another or for pride or fame. They are for the safety of the hunter and to show that the guild isn't reckless."

Whether what was being said was true or not was anyone's guess.

"We got lucky today. Someone could have been seriously injured or died. There are solo missions but this one was specifically a team and in a team one must listen to the leader."

Cameron sighed, "That said, despite everything that could go wrong it went surprisingly well. Also, technically, Ahrima was the team leader at the time and so you two were listening to your leader. The fact that she was at the scene of battle shows hat this wasn't a matter of insubordination on just the followers part.

"As for moving up a rank: you clearly have skills above that of C. People usually have to work hard and do a lot of missions in order to improve their ranking. Just because you managed to knock off a few redkles don't think you're in with the big boys yet. Only Max has any authority to do anything like that."

Cameron reached into his desk and pulled out a sack of money.

"Here's your share of payment. Be sure to listen to instructions next time and welcome to Desiree."

05-19-2010   #254 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Melody smirked and took her share of the money.

"Kinda surprising that such an infamous guild puts such a huge emphasis on formalities."

She tucked her reward into her bag and straightened up.

"That being said, I would like to know if there are any other missions I can take. But before that, I believe a boarding area for guild members was mentioned?"

05-19-2010   #255 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Yeah, it was," he smiled. "I'm glad you remembered the offer." He fetched a key from the cabinet behind him.

"I think rules are the foundation of any good institution, but perhaps it would comfort you to know that I'm basically the only one around here that enforces them," he said with a slight grin. "You'll fit in quite nicely."

"Just go up and the room number is on the keyring," he instructed, handing it to melody. "Breakfast is served every morning as well as dinner in the evenings. Lunch too but most members aren't even around for that. As far as marks, just check the notice board in the tavern and see if anything catches your eye. If so tell whoever is at this desk."

05-19-2010   #256 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Melody took the key and smiled.

"I have nothing against rules, just surprised is all."

She ascended the stairs and looked for the room that matched the number on her key. She then went in and set her bag down, then pulled out a ribbon and a comb to tie her hair up. Along with that, she also pulled out a small pouch.

Sitting on the bed, she emptied the contents of the pouch: A small wet stone, a couple of bottles, a folded paper containing a reddish chalk, and a cleaning cloth.

She went to work on cleaning and sharpening her dirks, making certain that they were shiny and deadly.

05-19-2010   #257 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Evis walked down the stairs, wincing slightly.

"Watty is great and all, but I wish his healing would hurt less." He laughed softly as he went up to Cameron's desk.

"Hehe, hey Cammy. I'll collect my reward for the Redkles and the solo Genra mission. Also, if the corpse was sold off yet I'd like my share too."

05-20-2010   #258 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

Maximillion took the cash from Kallistos, "Of course. Ask whoever's at the front desk for a key, and be sure to mention I allowed it."

He then turned to look at Larietta, "What about you, Ms. Siefred? What is it that you wished to speak with me about?"

"Well..." She stepped forward, then she instantly lost her train of thought when she saw the assasination requests on the desk, she grabbed them and looked at each one, "... W-what the hell is this crap!?" her voice seemed to carry through all of HQ... Now flustered, she slams the papers down on his desk, "What have I deserved to just... get killed off!? I admit I can be loud and obnoxious at points but I doubt I've done anything way to serious to have this many people wanting my head lopped off!"

"Calm down, Ms. Siefred," Maximillion began...

"I can't be calm in a situation like this!"

"... Have you been using any of your bombs outside of HQ or when you're not on missions?"

She shook her head, "Of course not! I don't cause any trouble in town!" Larietta's attention went back to Ergus and she grabbed him by the shoulders, "Are you the one who's gonna try to kill me!?" Her eyes were a bit teary... "Are you!?"

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-20-2010   #259 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

Kallistos looked over at Larietta, who had just grabbed the man with the requests by the shoulders. He has seen him before, when he first walked in, he was singing... about money.
"Are you the one who's gonna try to kill me!?"
"Larietta, if he's the guy who's going to kill you, he wouldn't bluntly show the requests to the head of this guild.."
He turned to the door and showed himself out.
"Well, I'm gonna let you three solve this... problem. Thanks, Maximillion."

Kallistos walked over to the front desk, and noticed that the man with the musket is back.
"Hey, front desk guy. I'll be living here now, so I'm going to need a key to a room. The old man allowed it."

05-20-2010   #260 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

As Ergus was about to address the hand on his shoulders after turning his head slightly, another voice answered for him.

"Larietta, if he's the guy who's going to kill you, he wouldn't bluntly show the requests to the head of this guild.."

"Yeah yeah, you should think things through more missy, like that guy!" Ergus pointed at the person exiting the office. Turning his attention back to the apparent guild leader, Ergus gave a little praise. "Wow~ aren't you a big roller! I thought you were important in the guild, but this was unexpected." Ergus just stared at Maximillion for a couple of seconds, before breaking the silence. "Sooooooooooooooooo....how about that free money?"