Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-17-2009   #81 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Micah was in a state of shock at the words that Caden had said about his detective fiction. His mouth hung open in pure horror. It was as if his very soul had been cast aside into a pit of deep despair. Everything that he believed in was suddenly turned upside down.

Then he suddenly came back to himself and slammed his spoon down dramamtically.

"--and then I fell through a portal like thing and ended up here? I don't know." Caden was saying.

Micah pointed an accusatory finger at the young priest!

"How dare your sister mockmy writing! Doesn't she know I'm a great literary genius!!!"

Micah reached into his disabled person's pocket and pulled out a hardback deep green book with The Trickster of Carbigal written in fancy gold lettering.

"You've just earned yourself a heaping of assigned reading. Only when you expereinces the fanciful world that which is of my very own creation you will understand how wrong your sister truly is."

He handed Caden the book.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-17-2009   #82 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Maget can only hope to improve

" That penguin-looking raccoon guy sure is loud. *chomp* " Mayu wondered aloud, again unmindful of her words. It didn't help that the man's suit really confused her with what he was supposed to be. She was usually like this when eating, rarely paying attention to herself. There was now a slice of watermelon in her hands, taking small, nibbling bites out of it.

" I wonder if I kicked him, would he drop a card? " Mayu asked herself, referring to the fact that Micah reminded her so much of the Smokies in Payon Forest. Their cards fetched a high price in the various shops in the town square. Maybe If she could get one, she could finally go back to Hugel...

Of course, first things first. Food before the hunt, as always.

10-17-2009   #83 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Micah turned to regard Miyu with a critical stare.

"And no I won't drop a card," he said not getting her reference. "I keep all of my cards in a safe location."

As if magic, Micah fanned out a hand of 5 cards and then just as quickly they disappeared.

"See."

10-17-2009   #84 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Felice rolled her eyes at Micah.

"Oh please, you couldn't deduce your way out of a wet paper bag."

--

"Yeah, I hate being in towns...my best friend is a real city boy...then again, he's also a pickpocket for the most part. My brother and I have always loved the forests though."

He aimed his monster of a crossbow and shot a couple of bolts off.

"I guess it's partly in the name."

---

Felice looked at Mayu.

"Um...kid, do you even understand what's going on at all?"

10-17-2009   #85 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Maybe if she spends less time stuffing that face of hers she'd learn something," Micah said. He sat down and resumed stuffing his.

10-17-2009   #86 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

" Hey, that's very rude Mr. Penguin! I'm a growing girl, so I have to eat a lot to compensate! " Mayu retorted, looking up from her watermelon slice with a little contempt. She stuck her tongue out at Micah, completely unamused by his magic trick due to his rudeness.

" Um... I think so? Something about a crystal princess and her sword. And a Kraken, right? " Mayu said, tilting her head curiously at Felice before taking another bite out of her watermelon.

10-17-2009   #87 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

"Rude? You're the one calling me "Mr. Penguin". I do have a name."

10-17-2009   #88 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

"Good god she's hopeless. Total airhead." Felice sighed.

She stood and walked over to Mayu, then sat down next to her, a completely serious expression on her face.

"I need you to stop eating for a minute and listen to me, okay?"

10-17-2009   #89 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

'Uh oh.' Mayu thought, taking one last big gulp from the watermelon.She had the feeling that something really serious was coming up. Like a lecture of sorts. She already got enough lecturing in the dojo, so why would she want to be lectured now?

It was time to exit, stage left.

" U-um, i-it was really nice of you to feed me and all... " Mayu stammered as she reached for a whole loaf of bread and some apples.

" But I really must be going! The master wouldn't be pleased if I was away for long. You know, training and all that... " Mayu gave them a wide smile as she stood up, cradling the food items in her arms.

" W-well... bye! " Mayu exclaimed, heading straight for the door.

10-17-2009   #90 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"Hold it right there missy." Felice said, grabbing the back of Mayu's uniform, right at the neck. "I'll overlook you cramming most of Alundra's food down your gullet, since she was fine with it, but all other things aside, you can't just take some of her food with you. Now sit your keister down and listen before I put an ice wall up around you."

10-17-2009   #91 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

" Waaaaah?! " Mayu cried out as something had inevitably stopped her from going forward, dropping her back into her seat. The bread and apples tumbled down to the floor in front of her, much to her dismay.

" W-w-what..." Mayu continued to stammer, getting teary eyed as she looked at Felice. For some reason, she seemed devoid of energy as compared to before. Holding her fists up to her chin, she stared at Felice quietly with her puppy-dog eyes.

10-17-2009   #92 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"Yeah, like that will work on me. I have ice running through my veins so save the cute act. Now..."

Felice sat down and said in a gentle voice.

"I want you to pay close attention: We're not in Midgard, we're not even in Schwarzwald. This isn't even the same world. Payon, Geffen, Juno -- none of those exist here. This is a very very serious matter that could affect our home, and the homes of everyone else."

Felice took in a deep breath, and looked at Mayu.

"I'll put it simply. If we don't help Alundra out, we may never see our homes again. Are you starting to get it?"

10-17-2009   #93 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

" Not... in the same world? " Mayu questioned, her eyes getting more teary by the moment. She was obviously now very confused. That was impossible, right? She didn't get kidnapped did she? Or did she just step into a wayward Warp Portal? This wasn't right...

"I... I want to see home again....waaah.... " Mayu sobbed, choking on her words. The possibility of being so far from home was just too much for the girl. Too much that she could just...

" WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! " Mayu cried out loud, with little chance of stopping anytime soon.

10-17-2009   #94 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"Calm down..it's all right..."

Felice pulled the girl over into a hug to comfort her.

"I know it's a shock, but this is why we have to make sure this world is safe."

10-17-2009   #95 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Class: Battleship lt_gunslinger
Level: ⑨

The crying woke Setsuna up with a start. "What the hell is going on now?!" demanded Setsuna.

She looked at the crying girl and at the food on the floor, and saw Felice beside her. "... I'll be outside if you need me..." she muttered, annoyed and angry. She was having a VERY hard time controlling her urge to cut Mayu's throat open.

10-17-2009   #96 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Mayu's cries soon slowly subsided due to Felice's warm embrace. Even if she was a stranger, it was somehow comforting enough to reduce it to just a few minute sobs.

By the time Mayu pulled away, she looked entirely different from the energetic girl she had been just moments ago. Instead, her eyes were drooping, a permanently tired expression plastered onto her face. Mayu slumped back into her seat after several moments of silence.

" It's all true then...? But... " Mayu looked away, rubbing her slightly red eyes from the crying.

" I'm not very strong. I've only been a taekwon for a few weeks... I can't safeguard the world... " Mayu said sullenly as she stared at the floor.

10-17-2009   #97 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"That's the funny thing about this place...it's almost like it gives you a certain inner strength. I remember when I was here, it was four years ago for me. I was just some ordinary mage with horrible grades because I couldn't use fire at all. When I helped everyone save the Princess, I felt like maybe I could do something after all. I took my Wizard's exam more than a year early and passed with such high marks that some of the teachers who initially badmouthed me started thinking I was a prodigy or something. Never mind the fact that I still can't use fire worth crap."

Felice smirked.

"And Micah over there spent the whole time complaining and at first couldn't do much of anything, but he ended up saving all our behinds. Who knows what tricks he's got up his sleeve now. Same with Louise."

She gently placed a hand on Mayu's back.

"We may not be the toughest bunch, but Alundra's counting on us, and we're all she's got."

10-18-2009   #98 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

"Really...? That really...happened? " Mayu said, feeling a bit of confidence in herself. Maybe she could grow stronger, right? Even if it was all a mistake. That's right... she was a mistake, wasn't she?

" N-no... you don't understand. I... I wasn't supposed to be a... " Mayu's words trailed away into nothingness, as she continued to look down on the ground sullenly. Maybe this wasn't so important after all. She was just a stranger... burdening her with her problem probably wasn't such a good idea.

" Okay... " Mayu slumped further into her seat, looking rather sleepy. Maybe It would be best if she went with the flow, for now.

10-18-2009   #99 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

"Alright, we should probably pick up all this food that's on the ground, or Alundra might get mad at us."

As Felice kneeled down to start gathering things, the bedroom door burst open, and Alundra came out. Without a word, she quickly dashed from the the cabin, saying only "I'll be right back" as she exited and ran off.

10-18-2009   #100 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

(Don't "Without a word," and "Saying only," kind of contradict each other? xD)

Compared to the rest of the scene going on, Caden was having a hard time in keeping in his laughter for the diaster Micah called a novel. He could easily see that Claire's complaints were correct and Caden was finding it very difficult not to critique Micah as he went along.

Suddenly the door flew upon and Alundra hurried out as suddenly as she'd made her stage entrance. Caden absent-mindedly placed Micah's book to the side and accidentally dropped it in the stew pot. Glancing up to make sure Micah hadn't seen, Caden quickly took the pot to the kitchen bench and hoped that one one would look into it.