ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Role-playing (http://ggftw.com/forum/role-playing/)
-   -   Dive shop Thread for "This is our song" (http://ggftw.com/forum/role-playing/58274-dive-shop-thread-our-song.html)

Mitchi 09-19-2009 08:38 AM

Dive shop Thread for "This is our song"

Dive shop

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...mia-200702.jpg
The inside of each dive shop is pretty much the same. There are three to five pods connected to the diving machine that allow a person to enter a Reyvateil's cosmosphere. The dive shops are inexplicably always run by a member of the Teru tribe.

----

How to dive:

Once you've sent your Background info to the DM (Me in this case), she'll help you to make your cosmosphere. The DM will act as the Mind Guardian for your world, and help the partner to proceed through the levels. You are allowed no more than one level per dive session, up to a limit of 5 before the dive is considered in the realm of being in a relationship. A diver who gets Critical Down is forcefully booted fromt he cosmosphere and may not dive again until trust is built up between diver and Reyvateil, and at times at DM discretion, may land in the hospital.

NPC Reyvateils (usually dive therapists) and Dive shop operators will always be under DM control.

The format for diving will be a turn by turn basis in which the Diver must help the Reyvatiel to overcome problems, along with the aid (or at the chagrin) of the Mind guardian.

Note:

There are very rare instances where the mind guardian will intrinsically trust the diver the first time he/she dives, but this only exists in cases of the Reyvateil and diver who are already good friends/childhood friends/relatives. Just because a Reyvateil likes and thinks she trusts a person does not mean her mind guardian will.

-----

I ask that each Reyvateil Pick a seperate color for her Cosmosphere conversations to be in, so that they can be easily identified in case of multiple dives happening at the same time.

Choices:
Dark Green Claimed by Mirei
Indigo
Sienna
Navy

Red is reserved for system/error messages.

Mitchi 09-20-2009 09:29 PM

Jethro rushed into the dive shop, holding Mirei in his arms.

"We need to see a Therapist, right away."

The dive shop operator turned his head raised an eyebrow at the newcomer. He was leaning over his desk, his tail swishing in the air.

"Another virus chick? Hold on a sec." He said, walking off towards a room in the back.

"LAMBDA. You got a customer."

A petite girl with red hair tied into pigtails walked out of the back. She raised an eyebrow at seeing an unconscious girl lying limp in Jethro's arms.

"Jet? Ohohoho, what is this, I thought you only had eyes for precious little Jen-jen." The girl said, smirking.

"Look Lambda, we need to hur--"

"Relax Jetty. Bell-bell already called me. I'll have your little girlfriend up and about in no time." She said, walking over to the main computers.

"Lee, I'm gonna need to re calibrate the settings to match --"

"Don't you TOUCH my machine, Lambda" The Teru man piped up, annoyed.

"Chill out. Fine, recalibrate it to..." She walked over to Mirei and put a hand on her forehead, then opened her right eye to take a look "set the wave packet flow to 1000--- you know what, forget it, just use custom setting number 3." She said, opening up one of the pods. She motioned for Jethro to set her down there.

"This shouldn't take too long. She's the fourth one I've gotten today."

She stepped into another pod and gave the signal to the operator.

------------

Mirei found herself lying on a beach, asleep. She could hear the soft waves crashing against the shore. She could also feel herself slipping away.

((Mirei, pick a color from the pist in the OP to use for your dives))

Rhois 09-20-2009 11:47 PM

Mirei groaned. She forced her eyes to open and surpisedly stared up at a blue sky. Stifly, Mirei pushed herself up on the sand and onto her feet. Looking round she saw nothing besides sand, blue sea and blue sky. The line where the two, blue expanses met was only defined by the slight change in tone.

"Am- am I dreaming?" She breathed out while nervously clutching her top.

Mitchi 09-20-2009 11:54 PM

A voice came from behind Mirei.

"No, silly."

Lambda walked up behind Mirei wearing a flowing sleeveless dress that went to her feet. It's pale green matched her pale, freckled skin.

"Welcome to my world, I'm Lambda. What's your name?"

Rhois 09-21-2009 12:00 AM

Mirei swung round, startled at the sound of another voice.

"I'm... M-Mirei..." She managed to look at Lambda while she said this but her toe was busily working away at screwing itself into the sand.

"What did you mean by saying; 'Welcome to my world?'" Mirei said after a slight pause.

Mitchi 09-21-2009 12:06 AM

Lambda giggled.

"Why, this is my Soulspace..."

She reached over to hold Mirei's hand, but was unable to grasp it, as if it weren't there.

"Oh dear...I hope it's not too late..."

Rhois 09-21-2009 12:13 AM

"You mean, your cosmosphere?" Mirei stared at her slightly. "Does that mean, you are a Dive Therapist...?"

She watched Lambda reach for her hand and saw she couldn't grasp it.
"Too late? For what?" Mirei was scared now, she just wanted to wake up.

Mitchi 09-21-2009 12:16 AM

"Come with me, we don't have much time." Lambda said, walking off with a motion for Mirei to follow her.

"And I just prefer Soulspace, you know? Sounds more...mystical" She said, her voice ringing of happiness and laughter.

Rhois 09-21-2009 12:19 AM

Mirei fell into step with Lambda.

"Really? I always thought it sounded so personal. That's why I like cosmosphere, I can easily imagine it being part of you." Mirei said, regaining some of her confidence.

"Is being a Dive Therapist nice?"

Mitchi 09-21-2009 12:23 AM

"I see. That's a good way to look at it" Lambda replied.

"Is being a Dive Therapist nice?"

"Oh yes, It's lovely. I get to bring people into a nice little world I create for them, I help ease people's minds and soothe their hearts...I love it" She gushed, giggling.

She pointed up ahead at a small path in between some trees that lined the beach.

"There it is!" she exclaimed, hurrying over. Before long, they came to a small shrine with a large bronze bell that was embossed with flowers and had a bright red rope for a pull.

"Go on, ring it!"

Rhois 09-21-2009 12:28 AM

Mirei smiled happily as she listened to Lambda's speech.

"There it is!" Mirei looked where she pointed and hurried after Lambda looking at the big bronze bell infront of her.

"Go on, ring it!"
"Really? Okay.." Mirei nervously grasped the red cord and gave a big pull.

Mitchi 09-21-2009 12:32 AM

The bell made no noise as Mirei pulled the rope.

"What's going on?"

From nowhere a large, shining chain came from nowhere and seized Mirei around the neck. In one swift pull it seperated her spirit from her body. Mirei and Lambda could both see a ghostly form suspended from the giant shimmering chain as it began to pull away.

"Quick! Follow it!" She shouted to Mirei, chasing after the ghostly form.

Rhois 09-21-2009 12:40 AM

"What's going on?"

Mirei didn't have a chance to respond before a shining chain suddenly appeared and wound itself round her neck.

She then had the most peculiar feeling she'd ever experienced. And then it was gone, and she was staring at her own spirit floating above her.

"Quick! Follow it!" Startled Mirei's legs sluggishly gained motion and a little while later she was following Lambda as the chased after her spirit.

Mitchi 09-21-2009 12:44 AM

When they finally caught up with the spirit, it was in a spider's web right by a gigantic tower, which was in the middle of a small, abandoned town.

"Mirei, We don't have a lot of time before the Spider gets here, so please, you have to sing. Aim for the chain that's still around your spirit's neck!"

Rhois 09-21-2009 12:46 AM

Mirei sat panting on the cobbles of the town as she stared up at the spiders web. She nodded her head to Lambda and began to sing Ice Shot.

Mitchi 09-21-2009 12:48 AM

The ice shot bounced off of the chain, doing nothing.

"You need to use a stronger attack, Mirei! Something red!"

Rhois 09-21-2009 12:51 AM

Mirei ducked her head as the ice shot sailed over.

"But I don't know any Red Magic!!" She called frantically over to Lambda.

Mitchi 09-21-2009 12:53 AM

"I'll lend you some power so you can temporarily use it, but it'll only be for here."

She handed Mirei a small ruby ring.

"Hurry! If we don't break that chain we can't get your spirit back!"

Rhois 09-21-2009 01:03 AM

Mirei eye'd the ruby for a second, it glowed faintly red against the lifeless cobblestones. Slipping it onto her finger she felt a rush of negative emotions, it was similar to the time she'd sung with Jen.

Wait, Jen! She'd gone beserk hadn't she?

"There is absolutely no WAY I'm going to become like Jen." She thought desperately to herself, if she was to form a temporary Red song, what would it be like?

"I hope this works..." Closing her eyes she began to sing again, and this time a small form unfurled itself above her head. It was a girl wearing a black dress, equally dark hair floating down to her waist and two red eyes peeped out from among the locks. The girl extended her hands and two orbs appeared, one blue, the other purple.

Mitchi 09-21-2009 01:07 AM

"Alright, aim for the chain, and I'll catch you! That web isn't strong enough to hold your spirit, not in my world, in any case!"

Lambda rushed over towards the spider web, ready to catch Mirei's spirit.