Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-16-2009   #341 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Rayne was getting pretty annoyed about this little adventure.

"I do want to talk with the headmistress, and get this whole mess settled, but feel like I don't want to do this anymore. I've been flinging dark magic left and right since I've gotten here. Those guys are gonna be upset with me. Well, it's too late now....I have to finish this."

She ran up to catch up with Kai and Rydia.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-16-2009   #342 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

[Should we just skip to a pre-epic 69th floor?]

09-16-2009   #343 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

[I say no, at this point we should be getting attack every floor now imo lol. Rayne's just having reservations cause she hates using magic excessively.]

09-16-2009   #344 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Krakas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Krakas
IGN: KoarseKrimson/DawningBlue
Class: Shaman/Archer
Level: 1/1,1/1
Guild: Meido Brigade

Leda ran to catch up, puffing more than slightly.

"I think I'm using too much energy forming my weapon over and over." Leda shouldered her staff, and kept with the pace.

Elsword: HeavenlyGem (Rena Lv.50) I will never quit Elsword, that I promise ECO: KoarseKrimson (Shaman 36/36?)
-Be playing DFO and S4League if they weren't IP blocked >.>-

09-19-2009   #345 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

[Omg~ this RP is dying]

Rydia and Kai went on ahead, with Terri casting a quick Cura spell on Leda. After everyone regained their energy, they advanced on through to the 65th floor. On that floor, they found the same room, large as it was from the 55th floor.

Amanda : "Welcome," her voice echoed.

She was on the other side of the room, the body darkened, but now there were ghouls here.

Amanda : "This time, I'm not an illusion."

All the ghouls started to charge.

Terri : "Rydia! Use a summon!"

Rydia : "On it!"

Eidolon of lightning, I summon thee to bring judgment upon my enemies! Come, Ramuh! [did not want to put it in yellow color, it would hurt people's eyes]

A human-like creature came forth with a staff, charged with immense thunder. He threw his staff towards a group of ghouls, spreading lightning energy, into obliterating them.

Kai : "Flare Blade!" Kai's sword charged on high powered nuclear energy, and started to slash on enemies.

Rydia began to start a summon.

Terri : Wait, where's Amanda...?

09-19-2009   #346 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Swish!

The clear tone of metal hitting metal can be heard across the room, as Amanda travels lighting fast towards Makuro (Who is at the back of the group) while attacking him instantly with her weapon.

"Nice parry, I wonder if you can block another blow like that?" jeered Amanda, as she starts her quick assault of spells on Makuro. "Back here to lose again, I presume?"

"Not this time, I've brought the others along!" replied Makuro as he dodged a close range dark bolt spell.

"The others? You mean those failures for students that's having such a hard time taking on my summons?" Amanda sneered, as she lopped a large ball of dark mana towards Makuro.

"They have the potential to beat you, Amanda." replied Makuro. "And I'm pretty sure they'll improve in such a way you'll never expect."

"Teozakeru!" - Makuro's Mid-Low level lighting spell

(Hel Grenade) Pure Darkness LV4 VS (Teozakeru) Lighting LV2
- Effect of spells colliding; Lower leveled spell destroyed, higher level spell will be weakened and forced to travel in a slightly different path.

As the ball of dark energy traveled in an arcing parabola towards Makuro, his lighting spell slightly nudged the ball into a different path, forcing the spell to explode nearby him. Smoke and debris covered the air about Makuro, making it impossible to see or pinpoint his position by sight.

"Zakaruga!" - Makuro's Mid level lighting spell

A beam of lighting emerged from the cloud of dust, traveling towards Amanda at a high speed. Amanda sidestepped it easily, as the beam travels onwards, closely missing everyone in the group and ending up hitting a bunch of ghouls.

"Obviously you can't hit me, you're too slo.." Amanda said as she started casting another high level dark spell.

"Yahhhh!" Makuro yelled as he emerged from the dust, jumping, bringing his great sword above his head while swinging it down with all his might towards Amanda, while in midair.

Amanda automatically parried it with a streak of dark energy, working it like a shield.

"If it were a few weeks ago, that would have hurt." Amanda laughed as she blasted Makuro away with another blast of dark energy, "But as always, I'm just one step ahead of you!"

Even though Makuro instinctively blocked the initial attack spell with his great sword, the blast of it flung him across the room, slamming him back first against the wall. The very same wall where everyone's at.

- ;_; heavy damage orz, he almost fell, but decides to use the great sword to support himself into a standing position -

"You can't attack alone, Makuro!" Nyarurato exclaimed, worried, "We'll have to rid of all the ghouls first."

"Ugh.."

YOU DECIDES WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Amanda decides to attack the group
- Amanda laughs at the group, and claims to give them a few more "DAYS" to get stronger, forces them out of the floors and back to the ordinary floors
- Amanda stands behind and retreats, leaving her summoned ghouls to attack and kill everyone
- Everyone starts attacking together
- Everyone decides to retreat

Note that in all scenarios, Makuro is incapacitated.

This is Kyuubey

09-19-2009   #347 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
- Amanda stands behind and retreats, leaving her summoned ghouls to attack and kill everyone
Amanda : "This is boring now. I guess I'll wait for you with my mom. Tee hee..." She walked away towards the stairs to the 66th floor. She ascended, then a wall closed the path.

More ghouls started to appear, and covered at least 1/4th of the large area.

Rydia : "Terri, take advantage of the thick mana here." Rydia began summoning, with a dark light circle appearing in front of her. Terri predicted it was Bahamut.

Terri : Revitalize! A circle of green light appeared under everyone, especially a damaged Makuro, healing them to full vitality.

Thank goodness for spells using area mana.

-------
Kai : "Holy Sword!" Kai charged in at ghouls and started slashing rapidly. Ghouls started to gang him, but he took them out. More appeared, then five of them merged together and charged at Kai.

Terri : "Hold!" Terri casted a paralyzing spark around the large ghoul, making it immobile.

Kai : "Thanks!" Kai closed his eyes, and a field of blue light appeared under him.

"Let's give this a little spark and cutting edge!" Kai opened his eyes as his sword began emitting blue aura. [reference anyone?]

"Starlight Blast!" Kai rapidly slashed at the ghoul, repeatedly, eliminating it. Then ghouls around him disappeared. However, there were still more.

-----------------

Rydia : Bahamut...give us your power...

09-19-2009   #348 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

However weak their magic senses are, anyone could tell the spell Rydia was casting was a massive one.

Directing his attention to Rydia, Leht yells over the sound of magic and the ghouls, "HEY, IF YOU CAST SOMETHING THAT BIG IN AN AREA THIS SMALL, YOU'LL BLOW US ALL TO KINGDOM COME!"

He picks up a rock, and was prepared to throw it at Rydia if she didn't hear him, or decided to cast it anyway.

09-19-2009   #349 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Rydia : "Ow!"

"You're right..." Although the room is large, the height of this area is not good enough for Bahamut.

Maybe I should summon...Odin once more. The mana is still think for him.

Rydia then emitted aura around her, casting a different summon.

09-19-2009   #350 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Krakas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Krakas
IGN: KoarseKrimson/DawningBlue
Class: Shaman/Archer
Level: 1/1,1/1
Guild: Meido Brigade

((LOL, nice throw RoflKnife XD))

Leda found a pack of ghouls heading towards her, she started to whack them with her staff. When she had supposedly knocked one down, it just came back up, and Leda was running out of room.

"Code, Spell. Cutting Lasers!" Beams of red light emitted from her staff, cutting through most of the ghouls. The problem was, one was ducking low, and swiped her ankles.

"Ehhh!" Leda lost control, and the last few beams hit the roof. Not only that, but Leda had pretty badly hit her head on the ground.

Elsword: HeavenlyGem (Rena Lv.50) I will never quit Elsword, that I promise ECO: KoarseKrimson (Shaman 36/36?)
-Be playing DFO and S4League if they weren't IP blocked >.>-

09-19-2009   #351 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Terri : "Leda!"

Terri ran towards her but was caught by shoulders of a ghoul.

"Ahh!" she screamed.

Kai : "Terri!" Kai struggled ghouls off him but was ganged and trapped.

Rydia : Dammit...

"Eidolon of legend, I summon thee to finish my enemies in one hit! Come, Odin!

...Nothing happened.

"Odin?!" Rydia thought in shock. She looked around, but no Odin. Instead, 8 swords flew by quickly, slashing all the ghouls in the room.

"Eh..?" Rydia whispered.

Terri ran up to Leda and began to heal her.

Kai ran towards Rydia.

"What did you summon?" he asked.

Rydia : "I..don't know. I was trying to summon Odin, but the swords appeared instead..."

Wait...eight swords? Could it be Gilgamesh?

Edit : [this seems so god modding, i need to slow down for every1 :>]

Last edited by PKShota; 09-20-2009 at 09:04 AM.

09-20-2009   #352 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

"Ugh, I don't know how much more I can take..." Rayne moaned to herself, falling to the ground. "I can't waste anymore of my own mana...I gotta save what little I have left for whatever's ahead. But the last time I tried using random dark mana it blew up in my face..."

"...I'll be glad when this is all over."

09-20-2009   #353 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Rydia, overhearing Rayne's moaning, told Terri :

Rydia : "Do you think you can recover everyones' mana?"

Terri : "The Charge spell should do it, but the thick mana here will be gone."

Terri put her staff in front of her, then emitted light blue aura.

"Charge!"

A flow of mist appeared around everyone, giving them full of spirit [mana].

Kai walked to the wall that blocked the stairs. He touched it, then began to slash at it. The wall was cut in half and is gone.

Kai : "Ready to move on?!" he yelled.

09-20-2009   #354 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

"Uh..t-thanks..." Rayne said to Terri, surprised that she heard her.

"Well, I guess I'm ready..." She got up and followed Kai.

09-20-2009   #355 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

The party advanced on, everyone following Kai.

Terri : "Rydia..." she whispered. "I sense dark mana."

Rydia : "Me too...Rayne, can you sense the evil ahead?"

[insert Rayne's answer here]

Rydia : "It's...a lot. Too much..."

Kai : "What are you girls mumbling about?" He overheard.

Terri : "Oh, nothing!"

Every one fought on to the 68th floor. They found a door. When they opened it, it was another empty room for camp, but had a small, animated panda creature sitting. He looked innocent and sad.

Terri : "aww~ he's cute!" Terri ran up to it and gave it a hug.

Rydia : "It's....an eidolon."

Kai : "Pandas can be eidolons?"

Rydia : "Rare ones. What would one be doing here?"

Terri : "Who cares?! Can he be my eidolon?"

The panda gave an innocent look at Rydia.

Rydia : "Let me have a look at him."

Rydia bent down and focused energy on the panda.

"His abilities...are low-level white magic, with a mix of high agility. You can keep it Terri."

Terri : "I'll name it Mr.Panda!" The panda made a little noise.

Kai : "Surely you can give it a better name. (_)"

[insert rest of dialogue from other characters here, then end it]

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

09-21-2009   #356 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

While everyone was admiring the Panda-like spirit, Leht was leaning against a wall, thinking about what's happened.

Is the Headmistress and Amanda really trying to stop them from getting to the top? If they were, they'd be doing a sloppy job. Why would they want to try to stop them from getting to the top? They know a group of students know something's up just by the creatures up here. They could easily turn back, and tell everyone about it. Even factoring in the possibility for some odd reason they could prevent something like that, they're just giving free tickets to get to the top. There's a random Eidolon, rest stops, and the rooms are filled with mana for anyone to use. Amanda couldn't have possibly been careless enough to just let ghouls deal with the group back when they were cornered.

Although it felt off, Leht would just let things run its course. If things take a turn for the worse, he'll just switch sides.

09-21-2009   #357 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

[so, Rayne, Leda, Micajah and Makuro can put dialogue if they want, before the HAHAHAHA thing]

09-21-2009   #358 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

[lol@panda]

"Of course I can, Rydia...it's only been here for the last who knows how many floors." Rayne said.

"I'm glad we're almost there...I hope the headmistress doesn't have the whole 'I want to rule the world' or 'absolute power' thing going on. Honestly, way too many people get hung up on that..."

Rayne's thought's were interrupted by "Aww~ he's cute!" from Terri. She noticed Terri ran up to some creature and gave it a hug. "Is that...safe...? What is that thing anyway?"[note:Rayne has never seen a panda before LOL]

09-21-2009   #359 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Terri : "It's called a panda! It's so cute!"

Panda : "..Kaa~" (or whatever those panda noises are) [Edit, the panda is making this noise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysTmUTQ5wZE]

Rydia : "It's a rare eidolon for Terri to have."

09-22-2009   #360 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

"All these doesn't adds up.." Makuro thought to himself.

"Anything's wrong, Makuro~nya?" questioned Nyarurato, as she figured that something's going on.

"Nothing.." replied Makuro, "Just be on your guard."

Something is definitely not right here. Massive amounts of dark mana? A sudden appearance of a rare, light type Eidolon? If Makuro dint know better, he did say that it's a tra..

"Swish, flick."

The walls of the room changed into a particular dark matter. It appears to destroy even the floors surrounding them. Slowly but surely, the walls slowly inched towards the group, closing in on them.

"I'm sorry I dint have more time to play with you guys," said Amanda, at the other doorway, securely locking the door with magic "I'm pretty much sure that this would be the last time we're meeting up with each other."

"Zakaruga!"

The beam of lighting departed from the runic circle inches from Makuro's palm and impacted on the door. While slightly rattling the metal doors on the hinges, the door held tight and firm.

"That was a Mid-Level Lighting spell... And if the door could stand up against the piercing and penetrating force of Zakaruga..." Makuro spoke to Nyarurato "I think... It's time to use your Answer Talker to find our way out of this situation."

"Is that so? Then I'll require everyone's assistance to break this particular door down." replied Nyarurato. "The weak point in the door, in particular, would be the hinges holding the door up. We'll use it as to our advantage."

Nyarurato says:
x1 Dispell (To get rid of Door Enchantment)
x? Freezing Spell (To freeze the hinges)
x? Heating Spell (To burnish the hinges)
x1 Explosive Spell (To weaken the hinges)
x? Melee (To break the hinges and to destroy/ push the door out of the way.)

"If you guys can heat and freeze the hinges repetitively, it would weaken the metal in such a way that it would be possible for Makuro to break it using my Hammer form." announced Nyarurato, "But for the spells to affect the door, we'll have to get rid of the enchantments that Amanda has placed upon the door."

/High Level Darkness Spell Repelling Enchantment. Lv4 ~ 6

"Well, what are you guys waiting for, hurry up!" yelled Makuro as the walls inches closer... And closer towards our heroes and heroines.

/NOTE: Heating and Freezing spell would require two different mages to cast. If a single mage decides to take on the job, the mana required would be far surpassing any possible mana pool for a single mage. (This includes Makuro; as he wasted loads of mana already, ha ha.). Secondly, only one particular person in the party would be able to undo the darkness lock as it would expend loads of mana trying to undo a level 4 ~ 6 darkness enchant. Makuro isn't the only one possible for melee, other characters can take up that role too.

A more reasonable way of understanding Mana/ Magic Energy:

P.S. To make it fair for the rest of the characters in this thread, Makuro's "Mana energy" can't be replenished. Unlike most ordinary mana that's dependent on the moon, Makuro's mana energy is dependant on Sol; the sun.

To make it easier for people to understand:
Mana is a type of energy produced by the Sun; Sol.
It's virtually impossible for most magic users to use the pure form of energy, but most of it isn't wasted, as photosynthesis and processes alike can be observed.
In most cases, for a mage, or a magician, wizard... etc to recover their Mana, they'll have to depend on the moon, Eweca. The moon reflects the energy from the sun, therefore giving it another form of "taint" that makes it easier for most spell casters to use. This can also be observed in particular metals, where it's purest form would prevent conducting electricity, yet just a slight taint would allow it to carry charge.

I'll name the mana in particular as "Sol Mana", "Eweca Mana" and "Hel Mana".

As stated before, Sol would means the sun. Sol Mana is also commonly known as "Mana of the Light", which means the purest form of mana. In turn, being reflected off particular materials; for example, the crystal dust on the moon, it would easily be transformed and changed into Eweca Mana, "Reflected Mana" or "Netural Mana" as most people would call it. In a particular scenario though, during some phases of the moon, sometimes, eclipses would happen. This causes the third type of mana to form, Hel Mana. This is the mana present in the 50 ~ 70th floors of the school. Hel Mana, which is also commonly known as "Mana of the Dark" or "Dark Mana" is usually used for dark summonings and most of the Darkness class spells. In particular, there's a way to change Hel Mana back to Sol Mana, but to do that, you'll require Eweca Mana.

Therefore:
Sol Mana -> Eweca Mana
Eweca Mana + Event -> Hel Mana
Hel Mana + Eweca Mana -> Sol Mana

Particular studies of mana would be available in the future. I would very much appreciate that everyone's character won't have this particular skill to transform Hel Mana back to Sol Mana for balance issues.

P.P.S. ;_; 1:31 AM, can't think properly... /badenglishgrammarztiem

This is Kyuubey

Last edited by Silver Rook; 09-22-2009 at 10:32 AM.