Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-06-2011   #201 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

As soon as they had gotten into the library, Olifen quickly surrounded himself with book of any kind, sitting away from the others. Mostly because he wanted peace, and he didn't want to see anyone to see him struggle. One of his favorite hobbies, was reading. Though since his eyes had stopped working, he wasn't able to do that anymore. When he lost the ability to read, he basically lost a part of himself. A lump forming in his throat as he was unable to read the text in any of the books. No matter how much the books weighed, the ink that was in them, had to weight that he could use his vibrations to detect.

He had gotten out of that last town, possibly getting away from a land where he had little to no sight, only to be in a land that seemed to spite him. He sat there, and sighed slightly. Making a wall out of all the book he had gathered. Digging into his robe, he pulled out six different small bottles. Six of them ink, the other three a form of liquid he had been experimenting with. If he couldn't read, he would damn well try to write.
---------

In another part of the library, a female dressed very similarly to Olifen was browsing around, looking for a specific book. Anything related to what was going on around her area. Walking around, she felt new vibrations. Dressed like Olifen, she wasn't blind like he was. She was the one who taught him how to see though. And with the group that came in, she could feel something familiar. Olifen. Wasting little time, she started towards his position.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-06-2011   #202 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Emilio caught Anna in his arms when she was flung towards him.

"Woah, he's stronger than he looks," Emilio remarked. He looked down at the woman in his arms. "You ok?" He asked, landing onto the ground to put her down.

"It looks like my magic did nothing and that kick didn't seem to do much either..." he frowned.

Suddenly, Vaughn whistled and more enemies arrived, and even some rained down from the sky. Where on earth were they even coming from? It defied all logic. Not only that, but why was it that enemies never liked to fight fair. 3 (4 if you count Niimi) against a bajillion just wasn't right no matter how you looked at it.

Emilio stepped away from Annaa, flying up a little and bypassing any fiend that tried to attack him. He looked and saw that some were headed towards Maya and Romeo but there were also some ganging up on Finir. He shot a spray of arrows at the backs of some of the undead (is that what we're calling them? what is the name?). Seeing that not work, and Finir starting to really go crazy, Emilo threw a chain at the necks of two creatures Finir was punching and pulled them back.

12-06-2011   #203 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

"Woah, he's stronger than he looks. You ok?"

As Anna touched ground, she dusted herself off and replied, "Yeah, mostly." She then spit out some blood that was pooling in her mouth, and said, "I think I bit my tongue though."

"It looks like my magic did nothing and that kick didn't seem to do much either..."

When Vaughn let out a whistle, more undead began to flood the street, even falling from the sky. Being as quick as possible, Anna ran up to Vaughn again, and used his back and head as a step-ladder of sorts, running up his body to get a better pace going. Upon jumping off of the top of his head, she took flight. She went to where Finir and Drake were being mobbed, and reached for the only friendly hand she could see. "Drake!" she called while pulling him from the pile, "It looks like it's face kickin' time, you ready?"

12-07-2011   #204 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

"No."
Nicole didn't even look up when Kallistos asked her if she wanted to come with him to Asgard. She was playing around with her ice gems. Gems that stored her magic in a physical form for convenience whenever she needed them. Kallistos pondered if he could do something like that, too. Starting to get side tracked, Kallistos shook his head.
"Just because you're a missionary, doesn't mean you can't go to Asgard."
"I know that. It's a pride thing. I don't wanna go anywhere until I find something here. I'll let you go to Asgard, though. You've done enough for me here."
Nicole flashed a silly grin while holding coins in her hands. Kallistos knew she was not going to spend it on anything useful.
"I'll see you later then."

----

Kallistos snapped out of his short reminiscence. He was still surrounded by a few books laying around on the ground, ones that he picked out of the library a few moments ago. The blurred out chatter from afar began to make more sense as he awoke from his daydream.

Kallistos looked at his books. A couple were on the history of Asgard, something that he wanted to know about, and one on wind magic. Maybe there's magic exclusive to Asgard that Kallistos, who came from Midgard, doesn't know about? He shifted his eyes back up and peeked around. He noticed Rune, Ferre and Larietta talking. At another part of the building, he saw Olifen making a wall out of books. Is he actually reading? He started to question how he could read, when a girl began to approach him.

12-07-2011   #205 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Out in the cold of the open desert night, a girl was busying herself with metal scraps laid all about her. A console was propped in a makeshift stand to her right, which she occasionally glanced to, pressed a few buttons to allow the game to continue moving, and went back to work. Directly in front of her was what looked like a banshee, but modified, its head had an awkward antennae sticking upside-down like a fake ponytail and its head bore four "eyes" in the shape of a diamond with one more in the center. It was also noticeably smaller in size.

Angela yawned as she pressed a button on the game to advance it again, then lightly nudged the robot's head with her foot, it stirred awake and scanned around. The fallen angel rubbed her eyes. "I would have been finished far from now if I would stop occupying myself with this cursed thing." She grumbled, eying the device in her hand.

The robot whirred around, adjusting itself to the world, taking a look at its creator before running towards its assigned area.

Angela pulled a different device out of the pocket of her skirt in her left hand. The screen seemed like a weather map, colors sorting out the different mana levels of the areas her wisps, as she calls the new robots, are occupied.

Angela yawned a final time, tossing the device onto the sand in which a banshee unburrowed and cradled it awkwardly with its bladed arms. "Take it to the tavern and leave it with whoever comes to pick it up. Lucifer will know where to find me when they need my help again." Angela waved the banshee off and it went ahead to fulfill its masters request.

12-08-2011   #206 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

"Nimiii!"

Finir's voice snapped the water elemental from her helpless shock, and she gasped as if wanting air in noexistant lungs from submerging underwater for longer than she should have. She looked at the pile set upon her master, and then gave a furious flex of her light blue orbs. With a splash from her lower body, she propelled herself into the crevices of the pile, and disappeared.

Moments later, a cyan light shot forth from the openings, and suddenly--

Boooooomboooommmboooooomboooom!!

The undead upon the Dragonkin were blown back by four explosions, and a shockwave burst forth from the center, skidding them back even further. Finir stood silently as Nimi - now in her weapon form - stayed in the Sword Mode of the Switch Axe. The azure dragon held his weapon in the sparking arm, shining intensely as he slowly lowered it to his side.

Just as the emblem pulsated upon the back of his claw, so did Nimi in her weapon form.

"...I will destroy you all...if you lay a finger on them one more time..."

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

12-08-2011   #207 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

Drake was relieved to get out of the pile of rotting meat. They didn't look like they would be, but god... That stench! He looked to the one who hauled him out of there, which was Anna. "It looks like it's face kickin' time, you ready?"

"Haha!" Drake grinned, "Hell yes!"

Drake still had his excited expression, even with all the undead chilling and all, "Yo man, we need at least one still... Fake breathing. If you slaughter 'em all Ferre won't be too happy. Besides, we aren't so helpless!" The incubus went into the right stance just as one of the undead were ready to get all over his shit. The redhead was quick to drop down for a low kick, knocking the attacker off his feet, followed up by a straight knee strike and finished off with a quick butterfly kick to blow the ****er away! He swayed away just in time to avoid an incoming slash from a woman's knife and fended her off with a side kick. Soon enough the crazy guy was right in the middle of the chaos, throwing kicks, punches, elbow and knee jabs in various combinations of Taekwondo, Muay Thai and whatever the hell else one could pick up in that mess!

---

"... Any way, we have enough information for now," Ferre sighed, "I think I will take a break from reading. Larietta, can you go look for Kallistos and the blind man?" he asked the girl as she gave him a bit of an annoyed expression, "Now now, those two are your co workers. Be nice."

"I don't have any problem with Rosie," Lari huffed, "But that blind man is blaming me for every god damn one of his problems. It's pissing me off."

Ferre replied, "Perhaps you should work together to make amendments."

"No way, he'll just whine and ***** and blahblah."

"... If that is what you think."

Begrudgingly Lari got up from her seat to go find Rosie and the peanut gallery. She was quick to find Kallistos, but saw him observing Olifen from afar. She tapped on the purple haired man's shoulder and whispered, "What the heck is he doing?..."

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

12-08-2011   #208 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all

"...Of course, Drake," Finir sighed. "It's...just the defender in me. And I know none of you are helpless. However, it doesn't hurt to fight as if everyone else were depending on you, while being mindful that you're a team player."

"But let's face it, Drake--" At that moment, an undead man waved a knife down the length of Finir's arm...but it had no effect! "--You don't have scales for skin. I'm sure anything as sharp as a fork would hurt you. No swipe of common utensils like these are enough to phase me too much!

The Dragonkin retaliated to the assailant by grabbing his face, flinging him once in the air within his grasp, and slamming him hard down into the ground. He also repelled another attacker coming from behind, making a drastic spin and hitting her hard with the flat of his blade. The impact itself seemed to knock the wind out of her -- what little wind she had left, but nevertheless, it made her stagger onto her backside.

"Besides, Queen Tiamat instructed me to protect the both of you with my life. I don't want your heads rolling quite yet!"

12-09-2011   #209 (permalink)
-

One thing he hated about having one of his eyes gouged out, was the fact that his tear ducts still worked. And somehow found a way into his eye socket. He took a deep breath to prevent from shouting. He was in a library, after all. Weighing the bottles in his hands to recall what material had what weight. He opened one bottle of ink, and measured out a small amount from the first bottle. Water filled with metal shavings. The mixture caused a sickening vibration as he mixed them. But that was one, he just had to let it sit, and then he could try it out. With nothing else to do, he opened one of the many books he gathered up, and began to see if any had writing with some weight to it.

The first book he opened, was filled with dust, which he carefully wiped away. Tapping his feet at the fastest speed possible, he tried to pick up some way to read.

"The Fire Salamander is an older styled fire spell, but highly destructive when used by someone adept at controlling flames. I see. You picked up the books with weighty titles," his heart sank. He knew that voice. He knew it very well. Ahrima was right behind him. And he couldn't really do anything. She was the one that could counter him in every way possible.

"You know, Olifen, I didn't like what you did at all. Stealing my materials, running away from the Temple. And you did it all without me. I thought we had a deal."

At this point. He really couldn't do much but laugh nervously.

12-09-2011   #210 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

"You don't have scales for skin. I'm sure anything as sharp as a fork would hurt you. No swipe of common utensils like these are enough to phase me too much!"

Drake clenched his teeth in annoyance and that was shown in his punch, which... More or less totally sent some poor undead into the ground with a series of sickening cracks. So what if he wasn't a freaky lizard? He was of Romero bloodline, and now that he had matured his regenerative prowess was ridiculous. Rock solid defense was easy to break with dark elemental magics anyways, and if he really wanted to...

No, Drake cut his thoughts short, Don't think like that. I may be an ass at times but I wouldn't turn on those who are on the same side as me.

Though that was proving difficult with this certain unnecessary development, what with this... guardian bullshit pulled by that dragon hussy. He didn't care if she was their diety, she went into long speeches for no given reason which was more or less irritating. And... Okay, maybe I'm just racist at this point. Whatever.

"I think I will just refrain from commenting further," Drake said dryly as he slammed his elbow into an attacker's skull with explosive force from his fire magic unintentionally (perhaps out of the anger that was boiling up?), For the sake of us all.

OOC: If you make him mad... Good luck.
Also typing in the morning feels bad man

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Last edited by Dani; 12-09-2011 at 07:05 AM.

12-09-2011   #211 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

"Haha! Hell yes!"

"Yo man, we need at least one still... Fake breathing. If you slaughter 'em all Ferre won't be too happy. Besides, we aren't so helpless!"

As the fight continued, Anna took a stance... Sumo? She whispered an incantation, and her feet began to glow a bright red. And sure enough, as she was approached by a rather large undead, she hoisted it up by the pants and ran it through the crowd, tearing down a number of them in her path. She left burn marks all over the undead that she treaded over, treating the one she had hoisted as a battering ram of sorts.

Anna sighed, trying to ignore the pseudo-conversation that was occuring, even amidst the battle.

"...Of course, Drake. It's...just the defender in me. And I know none of you are helpless. However, it doesn't hurt to fight as if everyone else were depending on you, while being mindful that you're a team player."

This doesn't seem like a pleasant chat, Anna thought, Just ignore it... Ignore... Ignore... IGNORE...

"But let's face it, Drake -- You don't have scales for skin. I'm sure anything as sharp as a fork would hurt you. No swipe of common utensils like these are enough to phase me too much!"

At this point, Anna had thrown the undead she had been toting to the ground, and did a flying punch into the creature's chest. The blow she landed caved in the undead's ribcage. Confused for a moment, she looked at her hand and saw it was glowing an earthen yellow. I guess I might be getting a little annoyed, she thought, I just subconsciously weighted my own hand down to make it hurt worse...

"Besides, Queen Tiamat instructed me to protect the both of you with my life. I don't want your heads rolling quite yet!"

"I think I will just refrain from commenting further."

"Probably a good idea," Anna chimed, right before landing a heavy earthen right hook into the face of an attacker.

---

When Lari got up out of her seat, Rune murmured to no one in particular, "Seems we've gotten together a fun bunch again..."

Hope I don't have to choke anybody.

He dusted off Ferre's shoulders, and said, "You're good to go. This haircut is so fresh, you should have a theme song."

12-09-2011   #212 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Finir, noting Drake's expression becoming more grave, gave a look of confusion.

...What did I say...? the azure dragon thought to himself, hitting yet another with the flat of his blade away. There was another legion lunging at him from behind with these 'common utensils' - butcher knife, axe, switch blade, weeding hoe, Swiss army knife - while he merely turned around with the Switch Axe aimed toward it. The Axe head shifted, revealing the discharge port in the weapon. As they were inches from nearly being set upon him once again, he let Nimi do yet another Mana discharge, sailing them back with various thuds. The energy from his emblem seemed to feed into Nimi, as she stayed in her Sword Mode still after many Mana discharges.

Yet this power would probably not be enough against these endless waves...

"...Ugh, when will this end?!" Nimi echoed from the weapon.

"When we win," Finir simply answered.

12-10-2011   #213 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

Emilio chose to fight in his own way, ignoring the conversation his companions were holding in favor of just getting rid as many of these things as he could. They'd have time for talking later when they finally bring the number of foes down to one.

12-11-2011   #214 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

Kallistos continued to read, then Larietta came along.
"What the heck is he doing?..."

She must've been referring to Olifen. Kallistos looked back up to see what he was doing again.
"Who knows. Magic, reading maybe? Someone's talking to him though. Do you know her?

12-13-2011   #215 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Ferre stood from his seat and pulled a mirror out of nowhere (since Rune apparently didn't have one on hand) to check out the haircut. He was quick to tuck it away into nothingness and smiled, "It looks great, thank you." He reached into his pocket for his wallet and paid Rune whatever amount they negotiated on or whatever sometime along the trip earlier. Something ringed in his pocket after that and he pulled a cellphone out of his pocket. "Hello? Michael? Is there a problem?... Wait, what!?"

"No, I don't know that girl," Larietta replied to Kallistos as she kept her eyes on the pair from where she and Rosie were observing the blind man and not so blind looking woman from afar. "She must be from the monastery that coughed that monkey up."

Ferre went up to the group of humans and practically ordered, "We have to hurry back to Midgard! That desert town we were in is being attacked by the undead this very moment!'

---

No matter what the demon party did, the undead recovered from their wounds at incredibly fast rates. The sickening sound of bone breaking and mending itself was haunting as flesh grew back to replace what had been destroyed. While they weren't incredibly strong, Drake knew that eventually they would be overwhelmed once they'd been exhausted if things stayed the way they are. Not only that, but one another thing was nagging at him the entire time; These things have an awfully familiar aura... Drake mused as he was jumped by a few undead, yet was quick to throw them off. He drove his fist into the ground and heavily increased the gravity in a small area to literally turn them into zombie pancakes. Yet... They were recovering from that too! Drake frowned upon seeing this and was starting to get a bit annoyed. How the heck do you get them to stay down? Well... At least they didn't have to worry about killing them.

---

"I see the town in the distance!" Bianca called out as the little town grew in the horizon.

"Hey, Bianca, do you feel that? Those mana signatures..." Michael trailed off.

---

Meanwhile Maya and Romeo were dealing with undead but in a different part of town. They were having a hard time like the demons but thankfully the undead were relatively weak compared to the other dead monsters they had to face many years ago called Phantasms. However unlike those things these undead were recovering at ridiculous rates!

"Hey," Maya began as she kicked an undead in the face, "If I remember correctly these things have a very similar mana signature to what Bianca saw in Niflheim way back!"

Romeo raised a brow as he looked to the woman, "Really? Akin to the Gods, or...?"

"... Diasee, I think," Maya continued, "I wasn't there myself, but since we're all connected and all I recall Bianca feeling a very powerful mana signature that was like a jumbled mess of Mana waves rather then the normal stable ones most other specimens have. It was also similar to the Gods and Seraphim's signatures, but more so Seraphim."

"Maybe we should ask Lucifer about it later. He'd know more about the topic than we do."

12-16-2011   #216 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games

Finir watched Drake's effort in intensifying the point gravity in an area...only to find the undead that suffered a killer skill such as that recovering from it as well! The azure dragon gritted his teeth with a growl of annoyance.

"Well," Finir spat, holding up his Axe, "If we can't crush them, why not cut off their limbs and separate them from their bodies?" With his Switch Axe still in its Sword Mode - powered by his sparking arm - he lunged forward with a powerful downward slice, severing the right arm off of his target right from its base. He then made a diagonal upward cut to the left arm, and half of it was also broken off, leaving two gnarled bone stubs. The azure dragon made a forward thrust kick, knocking the undead victim onto its back. He finally turned Nimi back into her Axe Mode, then made a huge golf swing at the two arms. With a whack, they were hit away at a good distance from the crowd.

"Let's see if that does anything..."

12-16-2011   #217 (permalink)
-

"We have to hurry back to Midgard! That desert town we were in is being attacked by the undead this very moment!"

He was happy, yet pissed at the same time. He would be able to get out of this situation, but end up back in a land where he truly was blind. And more likely than not, Ahrima would follow him down. If she did, then she could at least help him see.

He felt around for her, and found that she had the heartbeat of excitement. She really was a rough person. She spoke up then, to the person that had just told them the information.

"Mind if I come too? Me and Oli-Oli make a great fighting team."

12-17-2011   #218 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Following Finir's lead, Emilio fashioned himself a two handed axe and hacked at one of the creatures in front of him. Hopefully this would work.

12-17-2011   #219 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

"Yeah whatever, that's fine!" Ferre was still freaking out, and clearly it was noticeable in his speech, "Let's just get going!"

Once everyone got their things together they quickly exited the library and within a current of wind were carried into the skies to Midgard.

---

What with Finir hacking off the limbs of the one undead man, the man was in a daze for a moment, but with even more sick cracking of bone a new pair of arms shot out of the bloody stubs that had been left behind. However, these were far more monstrous and perhaps even frightening if not only for the blood dripping from the new pair of arms.

"Okay man," Drake was getting a bit uneasy now, "That was NOT cool." These 'things' were clearly immortal, and it was really starting to freak him out! The thought of retreating laid heavy in his mind and if anything seemed to be the smartest thing to do now. He'd rather live to see tomorrow then get overwhelmed here and suffer whatever these freaks had in mind.

Then from overhead landed Bianca and Michael! Though Bianca landed gracefully on the ground Michael basically dropped like a rock on top of one of the undead. Bianca greeted the group with her usual cheery attitude, "Hello!"

"Just where is your sense of urgency!?" Michael exclaimed as he drew his sword of light and slammed the pummel into the face of an incoming undead, "I contacted the others in Asgard, so they should be arriving soon!"

As if right on cue the Asgard group showed up on a nearby rooftop as the winds picked up. While Lari was quick to draw a rifle of some sort, Ferre seemed to be frozen in place as he looked over the brawl.

"This is..." Ferre gasped, "... Diasee is... possessing them all." He looked over at one of the man human undead who had their limbs lopped off, only for them to grow back at an absurd rate that would make most people's stomachs turn, "You can't destroy them with brute force! They'll just keep regenerating! We have to ru--" He was cut off when a familiar voice began to echo in his head; almost like a distant memory.

Execute the purge, just as you did before.

Enoch?... No, there's far too little cosmos energies in the world. Not to mention... My powers... He waited for the voice to speak once more, but nothing more was said. Hesitant, Ferre grit his teeth, then took a deep breath to calm his nerves. He crossed his arms and lowered his head slightly, "... I will... Try to initiate the purge." He said to no one in particular before his haunting melodies began just as they did over three hundred years ago, before the demons knew he wasn't who they thought he was.

In this infinite concentration, I will execute the purge
For the sake of summoning and liberating you, little bird
I shall purge the evil that threatens you!

In this hurried frenzy of destruction, I will cut the bonds that hold soul and flesh together!
Purge the evil spirits, purge the diseased flesh, purge the taint!
In this hurried frenzy of destruction, I will cut the bonds that hold soul and flesh together!
Begone and fall from this ephemeral world!

Already, as he suspected, he felt the fatigue wash over him. The Seraph magic he could use so easily in the distant past was just far to taxing on not only his weakened body, but also on the mana present in the area. Ferre dropped to his hands and knees and breathed heavily, clearly exhausted from the advanced magic, "... Damn it all..." He lifted his head, just enough to see what had been chanted was already taking effected on the undead in the area. Emilio, one of Kokabiel's offspring, slashed off one of the undead's limbs. This time though, it didn't regenerate! They already appeared to be more sluggish, as well. Perhaps this would be enough for them to fend them off.

---

Meanwhile, at the Midgard Yggdrasil...

Kokabiel, also known as Serena Seraphina, laid about lazily on one of the many branches of the Yggdrasil. At the foot of the tree lay a grand pool of water, just like the other two in Asgard and Utgard. However, the pool of water was pitifully small compared to centuries ago. It wasn't surprising, considering the decline of mana brought about by Metatron many years ago. The grand rainforest all around the tree, too, was in great decline. Not from the mass deforestation and devastation of Midgard over a millennia ago, but also from mana deprivation. With a sigh she began to contemplate what she should eat for dinner that night. However, her expression began to change as she suddenly sat up, clearly alarmed.

Something's here... She stood up and hopped to another branch, refraining from making a sound. Within the darkness of the foliage, piercing golden eyes glinted in the black abyss. Many irregular mana signatures were within the vicinity of the Yggdrasil, and Serena knew exactly what it was. Diasee... My creator... The thought left a bitter taste in her mouth; it was the very same diety that abandoned all of mankind, as well as the angels thousands and thousands of years ago. With a snap of her fingers, a great number of Phantasms dropped from the canopies, "... Destroy them." With loud hissing and roars, they lunged for the many beings that lurked in the darkness of the dying forest.

12-17-2011   #220 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Anna watched as her companions tried slicing the limbs off of the undead, only to see them grow back even more grotesque than before. She shook her head, and continued to try her damnedest to hold back the enemy, creating a human wall of sorts with her sumo. Soon enough though, she heard a cheery "Hello!" and actually breathed a sigh of relief. If she's here, Anna thought, Then reinforcements are sure to be near too.

"This is... Diasee is... possessing them all."

Moments later, Ferre continued, "... I will... Try to initiate the purge."

In this infinite concentration, I will execute the purge
For the sake of summoning and liberating you, little bird
I shall purge the evil that threatens you!

Purge the evil spirits, purge the diseased flesh, purge the taint!
Begone and fall from this ephemeral world!

As a weakened Ferre fell to the ground, a limb slashed off of an undead by Emilio actually didn't grow back. Rune took this opportunity to shout a directive to the party on the ground, "Just because the limbs aren't growing back doesn't mean they're going to stop attacking. To stop them in their tracks, you've got to remove the head, or destroy the brain!"

"AHAHAHA, OH SHIT!!" Anna laughed, hearing her dad's call. She knew that he was probably right, but the way he went about making the order still cracked her up. "OOF!" a distracted Anna groaned as she took a strike from a large undead, smashing her into the wall of a nearby building.

As she stood back up and dusted herself off, spitting a bit of blood from her mouth, she drew Durandal from her bag and went to work, splitting necks and stabbing temples left and right. "Since they're possessed, do we really need to keep even one alive?!" Anna called to the party.

Rune went ahead and helped Ferre to a seated position, and shouted back, "Save a small one, but make sure it can't move."