ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Ragnarok Online 2 > RO2 Tech Issues

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-12-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Ragnarok Online 2ElswordEden EternalTrickster Online
Awards Screenshot of the Week Winner

Berochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Berochan
Class: Fluffeh Sheepie to_librarian
Level: 23x
Guild: Firefly~
Default Huge FPS drop

Sometimes while I play RO2, its FPS drop to almost 0 for an unknown reason. For example I can play 2 hours smoothly and perfect, but all of a sudden my FPS drastically drop to nothing making me impossible to play. But after like 15~20 minutes, it goes back to normal again like nothing happened. This is like super weird and it's annoying because even if I reboot RO2 or my computer, the FPS drop is still there.
This is veeery weird, I don't know if this happens to anyone else but if anyone knows what is causing this please tell me q_q

Fixed
I was able to fix this FPS issue following this guide from WarpPortal. It works most of the times, so its worth a try.

Last edited by Berochan; 05-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-12-2013   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I haven't actually had this issue, mind running dxdiag.exe and posting your results?

05-12-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Berochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura about

Spoiler!

Is this enough? lmao

Last edited by Berochan; 07-27-2013 at 05:59 PM.

05-12-2013   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert

The thing is, because I'm aware that this isn't a server side issue because myself and the other people that I know haven't experienced the same issue, I just wanted to know what you were running so I could see where your issue lies. I did a bit of research on your graphics card, and found that its a built-in for a Zacate netbook processor.

Basically, and I'm assuming this is the card that came with the PC when you bought it, but the card that it was pre-loaded with is way below standard for typical gaming, particularly games that run a lot of resources like RO2. This essentially means that the card itself has no dedicated space for graphics memory, using shared memory only. My guess is that it locks up every now and then because the shared memory is getting overloaded, or some such nonsense. Recommend you update graphics card. First thing you need to do before you go shopping though is measure the size of your current card, because some computer cases can't accept cards beyond a certain size (the standard a few years ago was 11", now its 13" if I remember right).

05-12-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

But when I used to play RO2 SEA, nothing of this happened. I could play 8 hours straight (yes, I do play that many hours) and not a single FPS change ocurred.
I don't think this is caused by my graphic card :/

EDIT: Fixed it with this~

I excluded the whole folder in C:/Program Files/Gravity from Windows Defense and the game came back to normal~
I'll include this in the first post, in case someone else is having the same issue.
And thanks Harlequin for all the help <333

Last edited by Berochan; 05-12-2013 at 04:47 PM.

05-12-2013   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Alright alright. Yeah firewalls actually do catch one specific file from RO2 for some reason. Comcast Constant Guard caused people to not be able to move when they logged in, myself included.