ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   RO2 General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/ro2-general-chat/)
-   -   So nobody plays this anymore? (http://ggftw.com/forum/ro2-general-chat/123940-so-nobody-plays-anymore.html)

Riolu 12-28-2013 09:39 AM

So nobody plays this anymore?

I just downloaded the Aeria server, is the game bad?

Harlequin 12-28-2013 10:11 AM

It's not bad, just very repetitive. That being said, I've considered playing again because of the new update. Still undecided though, pretty busy with work and the like.

Riolu 12-28-2013 01:06 PM

Do you have any tips for a newbie?

Draft 12-29-2013 09:05 AM

It's actually really fun when you reach end-game. This game has a lot of potential, though warpportal aren't that great of people.

We have a guild, very active and building up. I can say, it's really hard to find a party for lower level dungeons because everyone is already in their master levels or in a guild.

A few of my friends and I organized a guild called "HPK" or "Happy Poring Knights". If you like an invite my IGN is Radian, PM my guild leader MorbidCoffee, or co-guild leader Meluken. All we ask of you is to have fun!

Edit: My advice is to pick any class you wish to play. There is no such thing as a "bad class". At least not anymore since with Advent of Valkyrie update, all classes have been improved. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help, there are a lot of nice players willing to help when they can.

Riolu 12-29-2013 01:43 PM

Thanks, but you've mentioned warpportal? I've downloaded the game from Aeria and from what i can tell the game is still in it's beta, are we talking about the same server?

Harlequin 12-29-2013 01:54 PM

It's the same thing, Gravity is just trying to get their latest game on to every channel possible. Aeria lists it on Ignite, Gravity lists it on WarpPortal, and Steam has a listing for it too.

You do better to get it through Steam right now btw, they've got some exclusive items and stuff running through their sale right now.

Draft 12-29-2013 04:39 PM

What Harlequin said. It's basically their "way" of advertising, using bigger communities like Aeria and Steam to draw players in.

I have mix feelings about Steam. Basically, you can't create a separate account once you log on with Steam. Meaning? You're stuck with the account linked to your Steam account. Though, Steam provides really nice exclusive items in their DLC section for RO2.

Whichever side you choose doesn't matter, as long as you enjoy the game.

--
Harlequin, you should come back! :py04:

SereneSky 01-03-2014 09:48 PM

Considering that Ro2 just closed from service.. don't think I'd go back to Ro2. But Ro1 is still quite alive, playing on Classic atm.

Nahiko 03-01-2014 01:35 AM

This game was essentially every MMO you've ever played. it was very generic and nothing new >< RO classic is fun and you can even play it on mobile/tablet now =3

JakeFrost 03-10-2014 01:57 AM

LOL I am play this game both RO and RO2

mbkgen 10-01-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeFrost (Post 1840459)
LOL I am play this game both RO and RO2

Same though the number of players are so low, its like people only play it for nostalgy or something :py19:

Cheats 11-18-2014 06:10 PM

It is cool if you play this game for the first time but after spending days on it, you will say that you are playing repetition and the game don't have something new to offer.