ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Ragnarok Online 2 > RO2 General Chat

Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-13-2013   #1 (permalink)
Greetings to you!
Games
Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineWorld of WarcraftForsaken World
Awards Artifact Hoarder

Draft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant futureDraft has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Draft
Guild: ~°Polaris°~
Default Current state of Warpportal & RO2: LOTS

Hello everyone,

So you may or may not heard, Warpportal is having struggles keeping RO2: LOTS together this past month. For one, the game develops more and more bugs each patch they installed. Although the communication between GMs/CMs and the community is good, some players are questioning if they should continue playing this game.

Then, just this week, 8/11/13, it was revealed GMs/CMs have been helping players of their favorite and giving them an advantage over the rest of the community.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about, GMs gave 5 players pets that enhanced their advantage over everyone. Their excuse, those 5 players were helping them test for bugs.

As a result, the community burst into rage from this fiasco. It was also proven, the GMs had given special "gifts" to players of their favorite before, but now with proof, the GMs still seem to cover it up like its not a big deal. They went even as far as hiding evidence and locking threads related to the topic.

So I like to ask ggFTW members and fellow RO2 players, would you still stay in this game run by GMs like these? They even considered they would change and fire the GMs that committed the crime.

I am not convincing anyone to leave this game, I do enjoy it very much. I just like to know what are RO2 players going to do and what ggFTW members "would" do.

Please no flaming or bashing on whether the GMs are right or wrong.

Here's a link to all of this if anyone's curious.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-13-2013   #2 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

No, I wouldn't bother with them. This sounds even much more low than SGI standards.

From what I heard, the RO2 game is running on a really buggy game engine anyway. If they patch one thing in (such as adding more content), its bound to break something else.

Really, don't bother with this game. If you need more convincing why you shouldn't waste your time, here's a link you should really check out.

08-13-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Ragnarok Online 2ElswordEden EternalTrickster Online
Awards Screenshot of the Week Winner

Berochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Berochan
Class: Fluffeh Sheepie to_librarian
Level: 23x
Guild: Firefly~

I really loved this game because I was like "amg, this game is going to be the same as RO1 hsfdsug" but when I started playing... It was nothing like it. *cryes*
I was pretty disappointed by the game, but I wanted to give it a try and not just leave. I used to play for hours because the guild chat was fun but when everyone started to leave... the game got repetitive and there was nothing to do.
And I'm not going to talk about the favoritism in the game. That doesn't even happen in RO1 private servers.
vvvvv

btw mireru, come to steam vith and I are waiting for you here hehueh <3

Last edited by Berochan; 08-13-2013 at 10:21 PM.

08-15-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon SagaLegend of Edda

SereneSky is on a distinguished road
IGN: apricots // KaruLion
Class: Saint // Lion to_engineer

Managing team might be an issue. But in general, it just felt like there's a lack of stuff to do in RO2 compared to RO1. Maybe because it's not as grind-based and more quest based? ) :

08-15-2013   #5 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

RO2 really left a lot to be desired. Like, the gameplay itself was fairly interesting but there really was nothing driving me to want to continue.