ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   RO2 General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/ro2-general-chat/)
-   -   [ggFTW Event] RO2 Wiki Task Force (http://ggftw.com/forum/ro2-general-chat/122135-ggftw-event-ro2-wiki-task-force.html)

Shiki 06-03-2013 04:27 AM

[ggFTW Event] RO2 Wiki Task Force
 
Quote:

Everyone in the Wiki Team HQ is panicking. WingedSylphe, Poliwhirl are looking all across the World Wide Web for information, typing away frantically at their desks. zafario and Dumma are at the ggFTW wiki trying to build the skeleton for the upcoming Wiki. In this race against time, it seems that the Wiki Team might not be able to pull through. Sidero thought, "We need to gather an elite force of information hunters to help us build the Wiki!"
3rd June 2013 to 31 July 2013

Welcome to the Wiki Task Force event! In this event, we aim to build the wiki of the selected game to the point of high accuracy and credibility. Will we be able to conquer and keep our lead, or will we drown in the sea of information? It's your participation that will determine the ending.

Current Wiki: Main Page - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Goal: 1,500 articles

How to join:
There will be 15 slots for volunteers to join the task force.
All you need to do is to reply to this thread and you'll be given a slot on a first-come-first-serve basis.
If there are more than 15 members, a queue will be created.

How to play:
Look for missing information and insert it into the wiki. Create pages, upload images and categorize the wiki to its fullest!

If you do not know how to work a wiki, simply upload an in-game screenshot of the missing information from the wiki in the RO2 Wiki HQ Thread. If possible, use the highest quality screen capture available so we can read it clearly.

Every bit of information helps, from mobs to quests to random items!

Rules:
If no relevant activity (wiki edit or screenshots) is found in 48 hours, the task force member is assumed to have met with mishaps in the field, and the next person in the queue will be put in as replacement.

Awards:
All members who are alive in the task force when the event ends will gain the Wiki Task Force Userbar, and 14 days of postbit subscription. Up to 3 other members who are not in the task force but has provided significant efforts to the Wiki will also be awarded the Userbar.

Shiki 06-03-2013 04:28 AM

RO2 Wiki Task Force

Event has ended. Thank you, Vith and Kukiko for being our RO2 Task Force helpers!

This thread will be used for ggFTW RO2 Wiki Discussion!

Jon 06-03-2013 02:10 PM

So, simply have high quality of screenshots of items and uploading will do? Or, do we need to create pages/add content as well?

Harlequin 06-03-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vith (Post 1820029)
So, simply have high quality of screenshots of items and uploading will do? Or, do we need to create pages/add content as well?

As much as you can do of either or both would be fine.

Jon 06-03-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1820060)
As much as you can do of either or both would be fine.

All right, thank you very much!

Kukiko 06-03-2013 11:25 PM

Seems simple enough.
I doubt I have the time to no-life the wiki like I did when I was working on the LT wiki years ago but I'll try to help out with this if I can.

Any specific information you guys would like to work on?
If not, I'll work on a new char to fill out info for the quests.
(I'd require some assistance with coding/formatting a template for the quests though, I was always awful with coding things myself.)


(Also, you don't have to mark me down for this.
I'm not very consistent with my work pace so I tend to disappear for a few days here and there.)

Jon 06-04-2013 08:22 PM

Uploaded quite a few images to get started, I'll be gathering more cards and start actual page editing later.

http://wiki.ggftw.com/ragnarok2/Spec...ributions/Vith

Jon 06-04-2013 08:58 PM

Also, what section should I put cards in? Just /Cards/Card_Name, or should I do something different?

Also, I'm not 100% sure how formatting works for Wiki yet. Could somebody please clean this format to make it more readable and clean?

Code:

=Beginner's Card=

{| cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" align=center width="80%"

|width="30%" align=left |[[Image:Beginners_card.jpg|center|Beginner's Card]]

|width="70%" align=center style="padding-left:50px" |

'''Card Rarity:''' Green<br><br>

'''Level Requirement:''' 1<br><br>

'''WIS:''' 2<br>

'''VIT:''' 2<br><br>

'''Card Description:'''  "Welcome to the World of RO2!  Hope you experience a story of fun and adventure at the fullest!!  Enjoy Ragnarok Online 2!!"

|}

Basically, I want the information to be in a table, to the right of a card. Like so: [ Level: ] [ 1 ], if that makes any sense. Thanks for the help!

Shiki 06-04-2013 10:39 PM

Let me get Sidero here so that everyone can work out something! :)

Jon 06-04-2013 10:47 PM

Thank you very much! I apologize if I'm causing any thread clutter. :py25:

Shiki 06-04-2013 10:47 PM

It's all good! I think we can treat this thread as the Wiki HQ for now, since we don't have a subforum dedicated to it :)

Kukiko 06-04-2013 10:56 PM

Thank you and good to know. ^^
I apologize in advance if I'm unable to help as much as you guys seem to need.


Edit:
It was a total pain but I can now extract some of the image files from the game files.
It's a very time consuming process though so, if there's any specific images you're looking for, let me know and I'll do my best to look for and extract those first.

chiyeon 06-04-2013 11:29 PM

idk if ill be much of help, but ill see what I can contribute on this

Jon 06-07-2013 02:40 PM

I am currently in the process of getting a screenshot of all cards (directly in game from card album), and cropping them all for an easier wiki layout. The ones that I currently have uploaded will be replaced (probably deleted so I can keep better track of what I upload).

I will also be working on the card section (wiki page), and tomorrow I should have some card pages available. Sorry if I've been a little slow, but I'm working on it. xD

Jon 06-08-2013 01:35 AM

Whew! I just got done uploading all 342 cards directly from the card album in game, you can see a preview of it here. What I did was take a screenshot of each card individually, and then cropped and added a special border to each image. You'll notice that many of the cards I've uploaded are "sample" images; this is because I don't have that card yet. If you have any cards that I am missing (there's a whole bunch), mail me in game so I can get the card added to my album, and I'll mail them back to you.

Anyway, I'm going to be working on some of the actual card pages tomorrow. To see the template I am using, click here. If you have any suggestions, or if you think the card template is good enough, please let me know!

Kukiko 06-08-2013 02:11 AM

I've uploaded the profession icon images.
They're at the full size of the game's image data so if you'd like for me to resize them, please let me know.
I also have icons of the same size as the profession icons for the classes if anyone wants those changed.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Vith (Post 1821030)
Whew! I just got done uploading all 342 cards directly from the card album in game, you can see a preview of it here. What I did was take a screenshot of each card individually, and then cropped and added a special border to each image. You'll notice that many of the cards I've uploaded are "sample" images; this is because I don't have that card yet. If you have any cards that I am missing (there's a whole bunch), mail me in game so I can get the card added to my album, and I'll mail them back to you.

Anyway, I'm going to be working on some of the actual card pages tomorrow. To see the template I am using, click here. If you have any suggestions, or if you think the card template is good enough, please let me know!

I don't think I have many cards in-game that you don't already have but I can provide you with the raw images for the cards from the game files.

Something like this:
http://i39.tinypic.com/uopj6.jpg

However, that would require you to edit it into the rest of the image you're using, which would be quite time consuming to do for all the cards.

I think the template looks nice, it'd be nicer if the information on the right was in a table though.
(I'm awful with coding so I'm not sure how to do that though.)

Shiki 06-08-2013 03:56 AM

If need be, I can request for a subforum to be created so that you can list all the information down, and the Wiki Team can help do the coding!

Thanks guys for your efforts! <3

Kukiko 06-08-2013 03:41 PM

I used Chesters' LaTale wiki quest template as a base and made an example of what I think we would sort of need for the RO2 wiki quest template.
I also made a rough template for consumable items with it.
(Hopefully he doesn't mind, since I'm awful at coding I can only put something like this together if I have something to work off of.)

User:Kukiko - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Let me know what you guys think.
If they're good enough, I'll start putting pages up using them.
If not, I'd appreciate some help with fixing them.

Jon 06-08-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kukiko (Post 1821032)
I don't think I have many cards in-game that you don't already have but I can provide you with the raw images for the cards from the game files.

Something like this:
http://i39.tinypic.com/uopj6.jpg

However, that would require you to edit it into the rest of the image you're using, which would be quite time consuming to do for all the cards.

I think the template looks nice, it'd be nicer if the information on the right was in a table though.
(I'm awful with coding so I'm not sure how to do that though.)

That would be wonderful, and thank you for the suggestion! As for the template, photoshop makes it easy with batch processing and macros. :)

Only thing that I request if you don't mind, is if you could upload them all in the .png format under in a .zip or something like that (for the highest quality)? You can attach .zip files to your post. It would also help if the cards were named, or were categorized by card rarity. I understand the files would probably be named something like c_01.ext (or something) innately, so don't worry too much about that.

If you have the time and don't mind doing this, I'll give you full card image credit at the bottom of each card page. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kukiko (Post 1821081)
I used Chesters' LaTale wiki quest template as a base and made an example of what I think we would sort of need for the RO2 wiki quest template.
I also made a rough template for consumable items with it.
(Hopefully he doesn't mind, since I'm awful at coding I can only put something like this together if I have something to work off of.)

User:Kukiko - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Let me know what you guys think.
If they're good enough, I'll start putting pages up using them.
If not, I'd appreciate some help with fixing them.

Looks great so far!

Kukiko 06-08-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vith (Post 1821104)
That would be wonderful, and thank you for the suggestion! As for the template, photoshop makes it easy with batch processing and macros. :)

Only thing that I request if you don't mind, is if you could upload them all in the .png format under in a .zip or something like that (for the highest quality)? You can attach .zip files to your post. It would also help if the cards were named, or were categorized by card rarity. I understand the files would probably be named something like c_01.ext (or something) innately, so don't worry too much about that.

If you have the time and don't mind doing this, I'll give you full card image credit at the bottom of each card page. :)


Looks great so far!

Sure, just give me a few days and I should have it done for you. ^^
I actually have to type out the names for the files anyways, since when I save the files after extracting them from the game files, they don't have a name by default, although the game does have the files named.
You don't have to give me the credit, I'm just happy to be able to help somehow. c:

Thank you for the feedback!


Edit:
It seems that we have files from the other wikis on the RO2 wiki.
Would it be safe for me to assume it's alright for me to add these pages to the delete category if I come across them?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.