Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-21-2013   #41 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate it! I'll start working on adding borders to the cards (might take a little while), and start working on more card information after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukiko
There are some image files that will still be named like "Card256.png" or something because I wasn't able to find the card in the card album.
So, they're either not in use in the game or I may have simply overlooked the card.

A lot of card images are reused as well so I just named the cards after the first one I saw in the album.
I can make a list of the cards that use the same image if you'd like.
That's fine, you did a heck of a lot of work already! I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out. ^^

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-21-2013   #42 (permalink)
Forever AFK
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlineAika OnlineVindictus
Awards Event WinnerWiki Task ForceLucky StreakLooter

Kukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud of
IGN: Kukiko | Tsukebumi
Class: Saint | Saint lt_bard
Level: 85 | 75
Guild: SkyLore|Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate it! I'll start working on adding borders to the cards (might take a little while), and start working on more card information after that.

That's fine, you did a heck of a lot of work already! I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out. ^^
No problem, I'm glad to be able to help. ^^

Aika (Feonir): Kukiko - 85 Saint | Enzeru - 59 Sentinel | Utae - 61 Pistoleer | Tsukebumi - 75 Saint
Proud member of the guild SkyLore.

06-23-2013   #43 (permalink)
Forever AFK
Games

Kukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud ofKukiko has much to be proud of

I've slowly started working on the quests.
It'll be a while until I'm out of the beginner areas though because copying down all of the information in the proper format before moving onto the next quest is time consuming.

Also, if I can't find a way to display the NPC models from the game files, I'll just take screenshots of them (the NPCs) and crop it for the NPC images.

Aika (Feonir): Kukiko - 85 Saint | Enzeru - 59 Sentinel | Utae - 61 Pistoleer | Tsukebumi - 75 Saint

06-23-2013   #44 (permalink)
Jon
Games
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, keep up the great work! I'm still working on the card images, I should have them done within a week. I know this is a long time, but I have to manually do each card because I need to make sure that the color is right.

An alternative I could do is add a generic 'ggftw' border (it won't be hideous though) around each card, since each card page will have the card rarity color anyway.

06-23-2013   #45 (permalink)
Forever AFK
Games

Thank you, you too. ^^

Although I enjoy having lots to work on, I wish we had more people helping us, hahah.

06-23-2013   #46 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Yep, it is a quite of lot to work on. It's too bad Sidero is region blocked.

06-24-2013   #47 (permalink)
Jon
Games

I'm currently in the process of batch processing the card images, and then I'll proceed to replace the current card images that I have with the full sized images. Here's a preview as to how they'll look:

I can change it if you guys don't like it. Also, the only problem I am having is that once I upload a new version of an image I have already uploaded, the original is not changed; rather, the dimensions of the original image are just changed.

Here is what I mean.

06-25-2013   #48 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon SagaLegend of EddaZoomumba
Awards Retired Division HeadMost Valuable DivisionEvent WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond repute

Vith, we had experienced some problem with updating images on our servers. It was exactly the problem you mentioned. But after some time, the image that was updated was shown.

In your case, the image I see is the correct one, it's the image that you updated on the 25th.

You might do more tests, but I think our servers will show the uptaded images.

06-25-2013   #49 (permalink)
Jon
Games

So, should I just upload the cards as a new image? It would kind of suck if I was the only one unable to see the image change.

06-25-2013   #50 (permalink)
Forever AFK
Games

I remember experiencing similar issues with ggftw's wiki previously while working on one of the other wikis.
It /usually/ updates properly and will show for you after a while (at least a few days, I think?).

Just to clarify though, you want to change the image from the current one to the one with the ggftw border?

06-25-2013   #51 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Hah, no worries, I already uploaded them. I am currently in the process of editing the current card pages with the updated images.

At any rate, once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH Kukiko! Once I edit all the current pages, I'll give you image credits in the notes section of each card (I can easily edit the template).

Would you rather want the link to your name to link to anything in specific (such as your ggFTW forum profile rather than your wiki profile [or an email])?

06-25-2013   #52 (permalink)
Forever AFK
Games

Ah, alright then. ^^

No problem and it's not necessary for you to do anything like that.
I'm just happy to help.

06-25-2013   #53 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Well, you put a lot of work into helping me with the cards! The card images must have been especially hard work because you had to manually rename (which meant looking through the card album); plus you even went beyond and converted the imaged to .png format!

Giving you credit is the least I can do.

Also, all the current card pages are updated!

06-26-2013   #54 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadMost Valuable DivisionEvent WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats fot you both!

What would be the next project? Skills? Classes/Jobs? etc.

06-26-2013   #55 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidero
Congrats fot you both!

What would be the next project? Skills? Classes/Jobs? etc.
Thanks Sidero! Both you and Kukiko have been an amazing help, I honestly couldn't have done anything without you two. I could work on skills next, which is easy for 1st jobs. However, I'd have to manually level each class to 2nd job to get full skill lists, which I'd eventually do down the line.

One question though, is it viable to gather information from other sites and Wikis and use it (while confirming in game)? I really don't like to do that, as it is stealing somebody else's hard work, but it may be the only viable option if just the three of us are working on the Wiki. Maybe credit towards the site where I originally got the information from would be good?

06-26-2013   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Ragnarok Online 2ElswordEden EternalTrickster Online
Awards Screenshot of the Week Winner

Berochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Berochan
Class: Fluffeh Sheepie to_librarian
Level: 23x
Guild: Firefly~

Quote:
I could work on skills next, which is easy for 1st jobs. However, I'd have to manually level each class to 2nd job to get full skill lists, which I'd eventually do down the line.
I think I can help you with that, I have almost all the 2nd job characters. Except by Wiz, Sorc and Warrior.
The bad thing is, that I can't really see all the effects from level 1 to 5 of each skill, if that's what you need to see.

06-26-2013   #57 (permalink)
Forever AFK
Games

I'm going to be slowly working on the quests for now.

I have some files already ready if you wish to work on the skills next though.
The icons for the skills, and the skill descriptions as well.
The skill description list does not specify which skill the description is for though.

06-26-2013   #58 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Thanks Sidero! Both you and Kukiko have been an amazing help, I honestly couldn't have done anything without you two. I could work on skills next, which is easy for 1st jobs. However, I'd have to manually level each class to 2nd job to get full skill lists, which I'd eventually do down the line.

One question though, is it viable to gather information from other sites and Wikis and use it (while confirming in game)? I really don't like to do that, as it is stealing somebody else's hard work, but it may be the only viable option if just the three of us are working on the Wiki. Maybe credit towards the site where I originally got the information from would be good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukiko
I'm going to be slowly working on the quests for now.

I have some files already ready if you wish to work on the skills next though.
The icons for the skills, and the skill descriptions as well.
The skill description list does not specify which skill the description is for though.
Thanks, Vith!

We gather and check all information in-game, but we can consult other sites and wikis.

So, the next step will be the Skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berochan
I think I can help you with that, I have almost all the 2nd job characters. Except by Wiz, Sorc and Warrior.
The bad thing is, that I can't really see all the effects from level 1 to 5 of each skill, if that's what you need to see.
Great, Berochan! You can help us a lot. Thank you!

06-26-2013   #59 (permalink)
Jon
Games

Sidero, I forgot to include the <noinclude> stuff (so it doesn't include category or page name) at the bottom of the code for each card pages, so I'm going to edit each card again for that. After that, I'll start working on the rest of the cards. xD

EDIT: After trying a few times with variations, doesn't seem to work. Should I worry about it or no?

Last edited by Jon; 06-26-2013 at 11:07 PM.

06-27-2013   #60 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Sidero, I forgot to include the <noinclude> stuff (so it doesn't include category or page name) at the bottom of the code for each card pages, so I'm going to edit each card again for that. After that, I'll start working on the rest of the cards. xD

EDIT: After trying a few times with variations, doesn't seem to work. Should I worry about it or no?
Vith, could you insert the noinclude tags (<noinclude> / </noinclude>) in the bottom of each card page code? This tags are important to categorization / template. You can see more about this tags here.

Thanks for your concern.