ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Ragnarok Online 2 > RO2 Guides > RO2 Acolyte Guides

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-25-2013   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage
Default Cheer's Monk Guide

Right now I'm just going to post my build, though most monks take the same build. I'll also post which skills you should prioritize and in which order, starting from your job change. So here's the build I've taken:

STR: 40
AGI: 8
INT: 40

The reason I took these stats is because the difference between this and 41/41 is negligible for damage, and you take a little extra crit and dodge rate (granted, not all that much but still).

As for the order in which you should prioritize skills, you should, upon job change, immediately max:

Stone Skin - A monk should basically always have this turned on, at all times.
Iron Palm - Your passive defense boost.
Summon Spirit Sphere -resets the cooldown on your skills, good for crucial moments to re-buff Protection Ki and use Guillotine Fist again.

These are gonna be core skills as a monk, so its important to cap them early. After this you can build how you like. I prioritized Quadruple Palm, Iron Mountain Attack and Protection Ki next, for more solid combos as well as better tanking ability, something your parties will thank you for. After that, Ki Explosion and Guillotine Fist are pretty nice, as is Lightning Walk. At this point it doesn't really matter how you reach the peak, as long as you keep climbing.

I'll add more content later on, but this is the idea.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-26-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Ragnarok Online 2ElswordEden EternalTrickster Online
Awards Screenshot of the Week Winner

Berochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura aboutBerochan has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Berochan
Class: Fluffeh Sheepie to_librarian
Level: 23x
Guild: Firefly~

Why getting D. Grand Collapse L5?
I think its damage % is super low with a long cooldown and the only use it has is getting 2 spheres straight away. I only had this skill to level 1 for the spheres.
I invested these 4 SP in Earth Shaker to level 3 because is very useful to lure and tank group of monsters so they don't start attacking other party members.
And Iron Mountain Attack is also very useful as the same reason of Earth Shaker, these skills are very useful to kite stuff.

Last edited by Berochan; 05-26-2013 at 01:01 PM.

05-26-2013   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berochan
Why getting D. Grand Collapse L5?
I think its damage % is super low with a long cooldown and the only use it has is getting 2 spheres straight away. I only had this skill to level 1 for the spheres.
I invested these 4 SP in Earth Shaker to level 3 because is very useful to lure and tank group of monsters so they don't start attacking other party members.
And Iron Mountain Attack is also very useful as the same reason of Earth Shaker, these skills are very useful to kite stuff.
The functionality for Earth Shaker is the same at level 1 as it is at cap, you're still getting a low damage AoE. However, when writing this up last night I didn't take into account how consistently Monk actually uses Iron Mountain Attack (all the ffffing time while you're waiting on Guillotine CD) so I've edited the build a bit.

05-27-2013   #4 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

I just took a look back at my character's actual build so far and realized that what I'm saying and what I was doing are entirely different. Here's how it will look based on what I've apparently been doing:

So yah, this is definitely another option for any monks-to-be to take.