Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-21-2008   #1 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can't earn any respect (not here)...

I'm just ranting here because I don't want to bring this issue up where I play and the like.

I'll just get straight to the point, I'm mostly being treated like an unknown person. Not so much from the staff members (they're wonderful people), but the actual players of this game I play. Actually, some players are alright, but there are quite a few who hate and ignore me.

I've done a lot for a lot of people, yet it's like I don't even gain one once of respect from my fellow players. I listen to problems, I give out advice, I chill with them, and they seem to not notice I exist most of the time (except when I'm giving out advice or items/money).

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Maybe they do respect me, but don't care to show it. At any rate, I'm sick of always feeling depressed because it seems as if nobody gives two flying craps about me.

What's funny is, I was trying to cheer a friend up about the very same problem, and I think she's doing better now. It's just that I can't even seem to follow my own words, but oh well...

Last edited by Jon; 06-21-2008 at 02:22 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-21-2008   #2 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

its only a game ._.
I only stick to guildies and not random people.

06-21-2008   #3 (permalink)
Jon
Games
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TogSawks
its only a game ._.
I only stick to guildies and not random people.
Well, the thing is I never get any ounce of respect in real life either. It may be a game -- but I still put a lot of effort, energy and time into it. I also communicate with a lot of people, which just makes it even more depressing when I come to them with concerns I have or just want to chat.

It's like I don't exist to them when I'm the one complaining, or need help with something.

06-21-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yakuza53 is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Zach
Class: The Best lt_bard
Level: The max level, son.
Guild: Real Talk

you're playing a game with immature 10year olds(no matter what game their will be immature 10yaer olds!) what do you expect?

06-21-2008   #5 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

It's okay. Chances are, you're never going to meet those people in real life, anyway, so building any sort of relationship with them would be pointless, albeit somewhat comforting. Just have fun with the game you're playing, and be proud of what you do regardless of their disrespect. Remember that no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

06-21-2008   #6 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
Well, the thing is I never get any ounce of respect in real life either. It may be a game -- but I still put a lot of effort, energy and time into it. I also communicate with a lot of people, which just makes it even more depressing when I come to them with concerns I have or just want to chat.

It's like I don't exist to them when I'm the one complaining, or need help with something.
Putting effort and time into things and then "expect" respect isn't likely to gain any. Some people are just spiteful over things like that. Looking for respect on the games or internet isn't a way to gain any. You're better off at putting work into things that are productive in life than internet stuff. In real life, simply holding a job and moving up will gain you respect, but it may not be your fellow co-workers or peers.

06-21-2008   #7 (permalink)
Jon
Games

You're getting me all wrong, guys. I'm not talking about the "OMG YOU'RE VALTIEL, I FEAR YOU AND HEARD ALL ABOUT YOU YOU'RE AWESOME" type of respect, it's more of the "Hi Valtiel, I notice you" type of respect.

I'm not talking about random people I've never conversed with in the game before either, I'm talking about people I've become acquainted with and even some people I know pretty well.

06-21-2008   #8 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

Good lord man get past high school. All the cred and everything in school doesn't mean jack shit. You'll then go to college where you have remnants of HS hanging around and then you jump into the real world where none of this exists.

The real world is a wonderful place where people realise that the way to dress or act has nothing to do with highschool concepts. Just be who you are and get past this.

06-21-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yakuza53 is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Zach
Class: The Best lt_bard
Level: The max level, son.
Guild: Real Talk

just think of what happened from elemntary school to middle school or when you move toa dif school all you're cred and respect and crap goes poof then you're pissed that you don't have it correct?just play the game and have fun when u quit it wont mean shit anyway

06-21-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road

Sometimes I could play through many of the games I've tried and never get to know anyone. I'm just not really looking for attention.

But if someone's willing to talk, I'm game. 8D It's also like being at the right place, at the right time. I stumbled upon an awesome server in Team Fortress 2 a week into playing the game and stuck with them since. They've kept me coming back and I've made some great friends there.

06-22-2008   #11 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

Vith, I can see where you are coming from too.

I try to make my existence known but meh, I usually mess something up that turns people against me more

My advice, don't try to get the "attention" that you are there.

06-22-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

sExYgIrL93 is on a distinguished road

You're taking the game too seriously. Reputation on the internet is completely useless

06-22-2008   #13 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special

CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse

Eh. This may not be important but what game is it? Also sometimes when you give advice to people they may not want it and therefore ignore you. =/

06-23-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

I've been trying to gain respect through the internet community. So far, someone people know me and like me =) Others like Feeline, are immuned to my charms. Darn you cat!