LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-15-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation
Default People get paid for this?

Incompetent people seriously irritate me.

I ordered some food online on Sunday (because there was a special offer for all orders placed on or before Sunday to be eligible for free delivery) and was due to receive my package on Tuesday. Come Tuesday and I got the delivery on time, at exactly the time the courier said they would deliver. So far, so good.

After tearing open the box for the stuff I was really looking forward to, I found out that they'd delivered the wrong stuff to me. In fact, it was a different customer's order. There was even a delivery note with this customer's name and address on it, along with a list of every single item they'd ordered, even though the package was addressed to me on the outside.

...?

I emailed the company and told them they'd sent me the wrong order, for which they apologized and said that it was a "human error."

I don't work in this kind of environment, but even I consider it a simple procedure to check what stuff you put into each box and then match the details on the delivery note with those on the outside of the box. Call it incompetence, stupidity, brain malfunction or whatever you want, but this is beyond human error.

No compensation for the poor customer (me), though. I had to wake up early yesterday to wait for their driver to pick up the wrong package and return it.

Oh, but that's not the end of it. They said they would ship the correct order out on Thursday and I'd receive it today. At 07:00 this morning, I got an email from the courier, saying I should expect delivery from 11:25 to 12:25. I made sure to be home during this hour, and avoided any activities that would make it impossible for me to go downstairs and collect my package.

It's 20:33 now and I still haven't got it. The courier is DPD and I haven't heard good things about them. After arriving promptly two times in a row, they just had to mess up the third time, right?

For the record, I haven't received any calling card in my mailbox, so it's not like they tried to deliver it to me and couldn't reach me. I was home all morning and nobody rang my doorbell, meaning there wasn't even an attempt to deliver. They simply didn't come. I called customer service three times and each time there's only an automated service asking me for the consignment number, telling me the same thing that the package was due for delivery in the morning, when I know damn well I never got it. Now that it's so late and their customer service is closed, I can't even try to find a living, breathing human to speak to. Even better, tomorrow's the weekend so I doubt I'll get my package anytime soon, if it hasn't been lost or burned up on the highway or something.

One mistake after another, one failure after another? I might just be very unlucky, but why do people get paid to fail so badly? I could do their job, do it for free and still do better than all these people put together.

No wonder some people hate ordering stuff off the internet.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-15-2011   #2 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

While there are a multitude of explanations for things like these, perhaps one of the simplest answers is that sometimes, people genuinely do not give a shit. Which normally would not be a problem, except for "How do they still have a job? Why haven't they been fired yet for their inability to do their job?" As much as I wish I could answer those questions, I can't. It's unacceptable, but I have had various instances myself in dealing with people who are incapable of doing their job, or just outright don't care about it, and yet they still have that job.

I realize that there are some circumstances in which people need that job (Single mothers, for example), and sometimes their boss will overlook certain things and give them another chance. But it's rather absurd sometimes. Like in this instance, apparently. I can't fathom how these people have failed so tremendously. Mixing up the order, I can somewhat understand, that's something that unfortunately happens sometimes. I wouldn't doubt that I may mix up something by mistake, due to stress or pressure or something (Not that I am making an excuse for these people, I'm merely saying that it's sort of forgivable). Human error, okay fine, whatever. But human error stopped when they completely failed to deliver the package. It's not as if you haven't been trying to contact them, I don't really see any viable excuse here.

モノノ怪

07-15-2011   #3 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

If it's possible...you can get another courier?

That aside I feel your pain.

I had the wrong game delivered to me three times as well. The second time was on a Friday. Saturday and Sunday were not business days. Monday I got a package again that is wrong.

One can only imagine my anger.

The local mailman in my city once gave me a package when it was meant to be delivered five houses down...Confused the heck out of me.

07-15-2011   #4 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

At least you're not my German friend, who had packages sitting in DHL for over 3 months.

07-15-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Tell me about it. This was supposed to be express next day delivery, too. It's funny, because shortly after I wrote this, I got another email from DPD saying that they'd tried to make the delivery but no one was home.

Lie much? I was home all day. I live in an apartment and the doorbells work perfectly. I didn't even get a calling card, so I know for a fact nobody came. Yet the email linked me to a page to arrange redelivery and I have to quote a calling card number, which I don't have because they never left me one. I mean, wtf is this fail?

07-15-2011   #6 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

"Oh man we forgot to deliver that package to that one chick."

"Oh well, let's just say we tried and no one was home. I mean, people go out all the time, right? Totally believable."

"Awesome! That's a good idea. Say, when's break?"

Or they went to a completely different address, no one was home there, and voila.

Speaking of packages though, did you ever get your hands on the one I had sent off ages ago ._.;? It's been like 3 years nearly and I've yet to hear anything about whether you finally picked it up from that friend or not.

モノノ怪

07-16-2011   #7 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

Never ordered food online, I guess I'll start doing it once a week since all we have here is re-heated food from 3 days ago >_>

07-16-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Veily, I've been thinking about that. I don't actually talk to that guy anymore. We had some sort of fight and shit, and now I don't know how to ask for my package back, lol. Be kind of awkward if I poke him one day just to ask for that - I can imagine how I'd come across as some sort of insensitive prick. You're free to give me ideas while I brainstorm my own though. Funny, now that I have my own address, I can't get my damn package.

Yeah, so, I called up that courier company today. After duping them with a fake calling card number, I was able to get through to a human operator and ask them about the "failed" delivery. I mentioned that no calling card was ever left for me, and the guy (he was polite, to be fair) said that they don't tend to leave calling cards for people living in apartments. I tried to get some sort of explanation from him as to why nobody bothered to even come and make the delivery, but I don't think he ever gave me a straight answer. He did offer to give my contact number to the next driver who tries, so "in case" there's a problem, he can call me.

Like, I don't even think that was necessary. There's a working doorbell for every apartment here, though there are over 50 apartments in this block, that's really beside the point. If somebody had come that day and rang my doorbell, the deed would've been done. The only way it had failed was because nobody came. So my complaint stands.

But my package is getting redelivered on Monday. I haven't been given a time slot, but hopefully it'll come sometime around noon, and hopefully they won't screw things up this time. It's been 3 days of stress for other people's failures, but I guess I'm used to that by now.

@NiBo - I don't normally order food online. I've come to really dislike mail orders now, but these are "special" foods, mostly condiments and Japanese grocery that I can't find in local stores.

07-16-2011   #9 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Oh. I see.

Is there like someone else you could talk to instead that talks to him that could pick it up? That's if he hasn't gotten rid of it by now...

/okayface.jpg

モノノ怪

07-17-2011   #10 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

That's pretty bad customer service, hope you'll get the right package soon Lyn.

Sometime last year I had ordered a custom bag from the Timbuk2 online store, and after a couple of weeks of anxious anticipation I received something completely different from what I had ordered. I emailed the customer service guys with a photo of the bag, details on the original receipt...and a few weeks later I got the correct bag. And I got to keep the old bag too (though the design was way too horrible. . .)

It's the nature of my circuitry.

07-25-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Haha, one week old last reply.

To answer the questions, yes, I did get the package. The courier was prompt too, so things did work out in the end.

@Veily: No, but I plan on speaking to him soon. It's probably my fault we don't talk anymore anyway, so when that happens, I'll bring up the topic of your package. I doubt he has gotten rid of it.