Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-26-2011   #61 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzai
Spanking is temporary pain. Locking away a child will leave lifetime mental scars. It's more unfair for a child to be locked away for a long period of time.
Actually both locking away and spanking can leave mental scars, what determines if it's abuse or not is how much (and how hard) the kid is hit or how much time s/he spends locked away. There's no need do actually lock the door and there's also the option of telling s/he to stay in a corner.
Thinking better about it, the kind of punishment is the parents' decision, they should know which one works and is more suitable, it's not our decision since we don't know their kids enough.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-31-2011   #62 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

itskazufo is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kazuma01, lNekul
Level: 181, 151
Xfire: Kazuma

man i'd whip his ass til i cant whip it no more....when i'm done with him he wont be able to sit down for a month D<

08-01-2011   #63 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

My stance on spanking is this.

A child can mentally force himself to 'ignore' yelling. Can force himself to 'deal with' having things taken away 'i.e: i can daydream or nap the time away, i still have time.' Just to continue doing what he wants to do.

but there's no way to ignore the punishment of a spanking or some modest level of pain at a mental level like the above. and to associate bad behavior with such can be beneficial to mental development if done correctly. You can witness this even in the animal kingdom, sometimes to correct young who attempt to over-feed. Before someone jumps to the defense of 'we're not animals' That's obvious, we're also intelligent enough to confirm and agree upon limits on the use of corporal punishment as opposed to denying its use altogether, especially if we acknowledge the cons of other punishment forms.