Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-29-2011   #1 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kilu Daldaire
Class: Mesmer to_scientist
Level: 80
Guild: The Corner Canteen [PUB]
Default Unwanted Calls

I really hate these scumbags that weasel their way around the DNC with surveys or trying to tell me that I need to confirm that I am the homeowner to be able to win a security system just so they can gather information and get credit card numbers. Today (and definitely not the first time) I got another call asking if I had smoke alarms (next question was do I have a fire extinguisher).

Instead of answering the question, I immediately asked to be taken off the list. You know what this #^%@ yelled?

"OH NO. WE WILL CALL YOU. WE WILL CALL YOU!"

Looking up the number at 800notes.com, there's 16 pages (probably more by now) with many people updating about the same number within hours of each other. Some people get cussed out, everyone gets repeat calls and many at ungodly hours or to cell phones. I've gotten tons on my own cell phone that come while I'm at work.

I've subsequently reported them to the DNC (even if it does turn out useless) and the FCC. Come payday I'll be investing in a pocket blowhorn for the next time he calls.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-29-2011   #2 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie Wawa
Level: 27
Guild: ladybug

Reminds me of the problem I had last year.
"Debt collectors" kept calling me at least 5 times a day, and it was for things I never even had, and something I never even heard of.
I looked up the number online, and they harass a lot of people, cursing at them, and sometimes using racial remarks. It got to the point where I had to change my number, and haven't had a problem since then.
While I was looking up the number, people were actually suing whatever "company" was making these harassing calls, but it never got that bad for me, just annoying.

06-29-2011   #3 (permalink)
Special
Games

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I knew where they lived. I'd make their lives a living hell in return by blasting it all over the internet for people to take their revenge. I imagine things like sugar in the gas tank, crack eggs over their car, things that will cost them money to fix and regret ever starting this shit up.

06-29-2011   #4 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

We used to get this crap often. Ever since we moved it's died down a lot, but even now we get them every once in a while... I get more useless text messages, though. Some with random French (which I can somewhat read unfortunately, having taken French in uni), some with advertisements, and etc. It's so freaking annoying, especially when you're like me and don't have unlimited texting or anything... meaning I pay for every incoming and sent message.

But yeah, this is so annoying that I can't even word it. And to think you have to go as far as changing your number to stop it...

06-29-2011   #5 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Just yell at them first. Or better yet, get caller ID (if you don't have it yet), and when they call, answer the phone by shouting, "WHAT THE **** DO YOU WANT?"

06-29-2011   #6 (permalink)
Special
Games

I have a little box for Caller ID since the screens on the phones went bad pretty quickly after we bought them. That's why I want the blow horn, so I can see who it is and make sure I get the right caller. :D

06-29-2011   #7 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

I'd lead them on so they'd waste time.

Apparently, I have nothing better to do.

06-29-2011   #8 (permalink)
My heart is spoken for ❤
Games
MapleStoryLa TaleTrickster OnlineDragon Saga

Advenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud ofAdvenna has much to be proud of
IGN: see sig
Class: Pyromancer || Angela || Void Princess || Sorcerer to_bard
Guild: EcksxRated || n/a || Apotheosis || n/a

It's kind of old, but you can always rickroll them.

/shot

"Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking..." ~Tifa Lockhart, "Final Fantasy VII"
IGN List:
DN: Advenna|| RH: Cellanta || Elsword: Cippria || ST: Advenna

06-29-2011   #9 (permalink)
Socially Awkward Penguin
Games
Cosmic BreakNostaleLa TaleGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

cornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the roughcornpirde35 is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Corneal35/CORNmecha
Class: Ruinwalker\Engistar lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19X/16X
Guild: StarOcean

Cell phone calls piss me right the **** off it happend to me during my final exam and I almost got my test voided becuase of it. Now i just hang up on them from the get go or just stop answering my phone period

06-29-2011   #10 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

If you're using cellphone, save the number with the name 'do not answer' or 'troll'.. And it's up to you to answer it or not. If you choose to answer them, troll them. If not, just reject the call.

If they call your landlines, just troll them. If they cuss you, cuss them back and hang up. If they repeatedly call you, just pick up the phone and put it on the table.

You can always choose to annoy them instead.

06-29-2011   #11 (permalink)
Special
Games

I haven't gotten a call back yet today, but just in case when I go to sleep I'm going to set the phone on Do Not Disturb so they can't wake me up before I'm good and ready.

06-30-2011   #12 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Just tell them you're extremely busy or something or you're in a meeting or some sort and then hang up without waiting for their replies.

06-30-2011   #13 (permalink)
Special
Games

That is one thing you never do, is give someone that calls you first or is questionable your information. With things like confirming mailing addresses (Are you the homeowner? Is your house located at ____?) and sharing personal information or card numbers over the phone, scammers are able to compile it for identity theft. Like a call from Montana claiming they're raising funds for the Kentucky Fire Fighters, if a "charity" or something similar calls you, they're more than likely to be hoping you're gullible.

By telling them you were going to get your card, they likely marked your phone number down as a potential source of income.

Have your mom report the number(s) to:

https://www.donotcall.gov/
File Complaint | FCC.gov

Surprisingly, since I reported the day of this rant, I have not had another call to the house. I did get two more to my cell phone (which wasn't in the complaints filed), but I never answer that unless I know who it is and 99.9% of the time, they call when I'm at work and can't hear it or when it's stuffed in my purse so I don't forget it. I only use my cell phone for emergencies so it isn't glued to my hand for texting and the like.

07-01-2011   #14 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

this thread has inspired me to change my phone email address. the spam is getting ridiculous.

07-05-2011   #15 (permalink)
Special
Games

It isn't as satisfying to just walk away and leave the phone sitting somewhere until you hear a dial tone. I'm thinking of keeping a sink full of water so I can turn on the tap at a low setting to simulate the sound of someone urinating and leave the phone like that.

07-07-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

Answer the phone as if you were a Dominos or Pizza Hut employee, or some kind of restaurant. That usually seems to get me off their list to stop calling me.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752