LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-20-2008   #1 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holy Hell in a Handbag! >___>;;

Ok I used moderate at another site. No I will not tell you. No I will not PM it to you. Anyhow, I moderate it. I'm pretty much in the NoeJeko league but wait! I'm the only mod, in a sea of admins who don't do anything. And when they DO they do it wrong! So I either have to tell them HOW to fix it, or fix it myself, which I can't do most often because I'm only a mod.
It started like this:
I applied for a mod at the site. They saw I could handle the job, and so I became a mod. At the time there were 8 Mods including me, and 1 admin (the owner). But the owner comes on once a week to just ban a random person (>____>; ). Anyhow so a couple months later, still doing my amazing job, and he said he's going to promote three mods into Admins.
Well and for a while I made sure I was on the top of my game to make sure I could get picked. Did I? No. And as I said before, the others don't do much except for play with their b& hammorz.
And couple moths later again he promotes four people. Of course not me. And here I am the only mod. So I ask him why I never get promoted. He says "u don't do ur job."
Of course I'm here HOLY HELL IN A HANDBAG. And I quit. Came a couple days ago after a year had passed since the incident to see the site gone.
Never liked it much.
But I lol'd.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-20-2008   #2 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

lol i guess they needed you after all

06-20-2008   #3 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

It was quite an interesting site at least.
I think they were about as successful as a fish out of water without me.

06-20-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road

Reminds of me when I was a mod. XD The site got hacked and accounts messed around with. :/ A lot of people left, but some sticked with the site in hopes that it would get better.

I got moderator status, since the admin though I was a pretty responsible person. He then gave me admin status in a month since I was trying to keep everything from falling apart. Then he left, or for all I know, died. I sent him tons of emails, messages, everything I could do short of tracking down where he lived, since no one really knew.

But... the thing is, he never gave me the passwords to the database and many things, but I could backup the site and do general matainance. But, the thing is we got hacked. Twice. There was nothing I could do, spambots and hackers took over and the website just rolled over and died.

I think that someone eventually made a new website, but that died too... It's so depressing to see people work so hard to start up something, but just walk away and leave the people that cared and worked hard to keep it up. :/

06-20-2008   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupo
Reminds of me when I was a mod. XD The site got hacked and accounts messed around with. :/ A lot of people left, but some sticked with the site in hopes that it would get better.

I got moderator status, since the admin though I was a pretty responsible person. He then gave me admin status in a month since I was trying to keep everything from falling apart. Then he left, or for all I know, died. I sent him tons of emails, messages, everything I could do short of tracking down where he lived, since no one really knew.

But... the thing is, he never gave me the passwords to the database and many things, but I could backup the site and do general matainance. But, the thing is we got hacked. Twice. There was nothing I could do, spambots and hackers took over and the website just rolled over and died.

I think that someone eventually made a new website, but that died too... It's so depressing to see people work so hard to start up something, but just walk away and leave the people that cared and worked hard to keep it up. :/
Sounds like a forum I went to. Did it have to do with Maple Story Islanders?
'Cause something similar to your story happened there. The admin. was a nice person, but then out of no where, she vanished. Like she died. And people would occasionally stay longer than 5 mins. in hope Meeple (the admin) returned.

06-20-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road

No, it was neohelpers.net. Wayyy back when neopets was fun.

06-20-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yakuza53 is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Zach
Class: The Best lt_bard
Level: The max level, son.
Guild: Real Talk

you got OWNED.

06-20-2008   #8 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Your sir, have it backwards.
THEY got pwnzorz.