LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-30-2009   #1 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir
Default Thoughts on E-Drama?

I'm really confused about this one. Some people just like to butt in on topics, and give their opinions about things. This is perfectly fine.

However, when OP or another person comes back and counters said person's opinions, this person comes back and OMG! WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT!!!!? and duly sits in front of the computer for... I dunno, hours?, and types a really epic multi-quoted, multi-answered reply for everything that got rebutted. Every answer is lovingly given a jab here, or a touch of sarcasm just to prove how intellectual they are (and how smarter they are than OP/Person, probably).

Now, I know I'm probably guilty of doing this a few times, but I always cooled down within a few hours, re-examined my post, and probably edited the whole thing out to apologize for being stupid. After all, opinions are just opinions, no?

So yeah, thoughts?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-31-2009   #2 (permalink)
is cute + gore

Point has a spectacular aura aboutPoint has a spectacular aura about

I actually knew some guy who was active on mmog and did that. Some people like writing I guess?

10-31-2009   #3 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Personally, I don't like if a member bashes back about a opinion if they are the OP.
I mean seriously? You ask a question and we give you an opinion. It's not like we are saying we are correct and everyone else is wrong.

Like you said, if you feel you have bashed and have the guilty feeling about it. Going back to re-edit the post to sound more sincere is good. You at least know it was wrong to bash back at someone when it's an opinion.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

10-31-2009   #4 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Personally, I don't have the time and definitely cannot be bothered to argue with some stranger halfway across the world on an online forum, of all things.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

10-31-2009   #5 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

^ That or Gatt's No.3 rule .

10-31-2009   #6 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Funny to look at, but too much effort to read any of those things.

10-31-2009   #7 (permalink)
Pixellated Yeti Goodness.
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice
IGN: Dookoon/Dashyat
Class: Mighty Ferret Militia
Level: Low
Guild: Noobs Club

Hell yes, I always hate it when a good discussion thread gets mauled by horrible drama.

Then the OP of those threads go on a ragefit about how everyone who posted are immature retards whilst oblivious (ignorant) to the fact that actual on-topic well-composed posts exist between the drama-queens' colorful bashings. >_> Then they carry on about how useless the thread is, while it could really have developed into a decent discussion.

Thank God for the computer screen, time to boost a bit of e-peen size amirite? >_>

10-31-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
I'm really confused about this one. Some people just like to butt in on topics, and give their opinions about things. This is perfectly fine.

However, when OP or another person comes back and counters said person's opinions, this person comes back and OMG! WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT!!!!? and duly sits in front of the computer for... I dunno, hours?, and types a really epic multi-quoted, multi-answered reply for everything that got rebutted. Every answer is lovingly given a jab here, or a touch of sarcasm just to prove how intellectual they are (and how smarter they are than OP/Person, probably).

Now, I know I'm probably guilty of doing this a few times, but I always cooled down within a few hours, re-examined my post, and probably edited the whole thing out to apologize for being stupid. After all, opinions are just opinions, no?

So yeah, thoughts?
I only retort to strictly opinion posts related to my own if they are just babbling nonsense. If it's a subject that has no right answer and is just "Oh, I like this because..." or "Oh, I hate this because..." kind of thing I'll rarely bark back at whoever questions my opinion. Far as responding to people who are giving their opinion while distorting facts, those people I'll chew out whenever possible.

Still, I've never gotten angry on this forum. I'll type profanity sometimes in my posts for effect but I'm in a pretty null state, believe me. I just like writing and replying to things that I already have a pre-built view on and it is very natural so I don't have to spend more than a couple minutes typing up a response even if it's paragraphs long.

Don't believe I've really spent much time retorting to anyone's posts in this forum if it wasn't related to Lunia though, heh heh.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

10-31-2009   #9 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

I laugh when people break apart a post quote by quote and write a paragraph to argue each quote xD Its rather time consuming

10-31-2009   #10 (permalink)
.png
Games
World of WarcraftLa TaleLuniaElsword
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorFacebook Fan

HolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to beholdHolyAbyssal is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to HolyAbyssal Send a message via Skype™ to HolyAbyssal
IGN: HolyAbyssal
Class: indecisive
Guild: We Sit on Staves

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKakashi
I laugh when people break apart a post quote by quote and write a paragraph to argue each quote xD Its rather time consuming
Unless Metty is doing that to a MMOSite article, then it's funny :3

10-31-2009   #11 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal
A better word would be epic.

Anyway back to topic, e-drama is sort of like the rest of e things. People sometimes either have nothing better to do (which is sad) or never get to experience drama IRL (even sadder). So yeah that's about it. Sad people do stupid things. Why can't we be happy D:?

10-31-2009   #12 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

edrama's nothing compared to irl drama
now that's when things get epic

10-31-2009   #13 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal
Yes, but the MMObot doesn't "reply", lol.

10-31-2009   #14 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but the MMObot doesn't "reply", lol.
That would be funny if the MMObot did reply. /imagines

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

10-31-2009   #15 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

it does reply
with more shitty articles lol

10-31-2009   #16 (permalink)
Special
Games

Not that kind of reply. >:

10-31-2009   #17 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

I find internet arguments can be summed by CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK EXCLAMATION MARK EXCLAMATION MARK.

10-31-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

Quote:

So yeah, thoughts?

I am guilty of this. sometimes I have very little to do, or don't want to do anything but I am feeling up for some debating, you shouldn't delete your opinions you should realize that your opinions are your own and others will not always like them and will challenge you own them, you can put up a fight as long as you want to or just end it pc or non-pc (i like non-pc).

but people do care about their and other's opinions and will take it much too far. war far.

10-31-2009   #19 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firzin
I find internet arguments can be summed by CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK EXCLAMATION MARK EXCLAMATION MARK.
Lmao this is true!!!
Forget to add the beautiful symbols *O*
#@$#@%#..

10-31-2009   #20 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

Ugh, i just went through a crap-load of e-drama between family on facebook. Honestly, i think that sometimes becomes the worst.

to sum the drama up:
Spoiler!

As for multi quote responses, I've done that quite a few times, but usually it's not drama related (not on my end at least) I try to leave them for debates where a poster makes a reply with multiple points and not replying like that tends to make me leave things out. (sometimes multiple parts of that multi-quote response are that i agree and why) But typically as soon as it turns to drama, i TRY to just leave. (although sometimes its more fun than a barrel of monkeys to sit there and read the hilarity that ensues