ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Rant Forum

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

8.7

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-31-2009   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Shisu's Avatar
Games
LuniaTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 154
iTrader: (0)
Shisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really nice
IGN: Mr. Badass
Level: who need lvl. I cheat.
Default

I'm not so sure if you will call these opinions. It's more rather like beliefs that cannot be questioned. If they don't hear you out, nothing you just said will ever influence them, let alone to try correcting mistakes or reaching a common understanding.

Usually, they also tend to misinterpret stuffs or distort it entirely on how they believed it to be. These paired with emotions going negative, result in very clouded judgments on their side. This is particularly infectious because negative emotions can invoke more negative emotions on others, thus the drama.
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-31-2009   #22 (permalink)
cheese on a stick
Globalastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dela-where?
Posts: 1,609
Blog Entries: 30
iTrader: (0)
Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisu
Usually, they also tend to misinterpret stuffs or distort it entirely on how they believed it to be.
Selective reading... gotta love that too
__________________
 
11-01-2009   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
SilentSaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 自分の幻想
Posts: 1,401
iTrader: (0)
SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC
Default

E drama is hilarious.
__________________
Human history is the story of complaisance. While disaster is fresh in our memory, we take precautions. But as the memory of disaster recedes, we start to take risks.
 
11-01-2009   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Byuu's Avatar
Games
Blade & SoulDragon NestDragon SagaDungeon Fighter Online
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 677
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Byuu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Byuu Send a message via Skype™ to Byuu
IGN: Byuu
Class: Lots lt_guardian
Level: 20-30
Guild: Hurricane
Default

My attention span is incredibly to short for that kind of thing
__________________

BYUU BYUU!~
 
11-01-2009   #25 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
1stsim144's Avatar
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 4,048
iTrader: (0)
1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalastro
sisters best friend uses the f-bomb
my boyfriend gets mad she is using that because he doesnt like the word
she apologizes
he goes and reposts about the situation on his page
she gets defensive because she already apologized
my aunt goes on and defends my bf
my sister and aunt's daughter tell my aunt she's wrong to butt in
my sister deletes my aunt
my aunt calls my mom crying
my mom yells at my sister
my sister deletes my mom
my mom calls me crying for being deleted
my sister calls me crying for making mom upset
continue for 2 days.
I seriously ROFL. I don't get your aunt though. LOL.
Cries coz got deleted from FB. That's new.
__________________
 
11-01-2009   #26 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Shiki's Avatar
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Limbo
Posts: 1,156
iTrader: (9)
Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony
Default

To me, if there's drama I'll usually join in and kill some boredom.
I mean, if it gets too much or anything,you can always log off. An incentive Real Life doesn't offer,so why not abuse it.

But I can't drama that easily :<.
__________________
 
11-01-2009   #27 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special
Shirakani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,655
iTrader: (0)
Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalastro
sisters best friend uses the f-bomb
my boyfriend gets mad she is using that because he doesnt like the word
she apologizes
he goes and reposts about the situation on his page
she gets defensive because she already apologized
my aunt goes on and defends my bf
my sister and aunt's daughter tell my aunt she's wrong to butt in
my sister deletes my aunt
my aunt calls my mom crying
my mom yells at my sister
my sister deletes my mom
my mom calls me crying for being deleted
my sister calls me crying for making mom upset
continue for 2 days.
What. The. Absolute. Hell?!

This is FACEBOOK (or whatever equivalent) right?...

Dear. Freaking. Lord.

...I'm just... at a loss for words here...
__________________
 
11-01-2009   #28 (permalink)
too much effort
WhatThePho's Avatar
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,815
iTrader: (2)
WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1
Default

There's way too much CARE and EFFORT by your family members, Glob.
__________________
Good taste is a dying breed.
 
11-01-2009   #29 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Javier's Avatar
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Carolina/Singapore
Posts: 2,242
Blog Entries: 3
iTrader: (0)
Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando
Default

Pretty much affirms my decision never to join these social networking sites.
__________________

It's the nature of my circuitry.
 
11-01-2009   #30 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special
Jessica's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan.
Posts: 5,563
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (169)
Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie Wawa
Level: 27
Guild: ladybug
Default

E-drama is the reason I post my opinions and never look back at it again. People will reply back to my opinions, but I don't go back to defend them. I mean, everyone has their own opinions, Why should they argue against them? Why should YOU argue over them? I mean do I argue with anyone because they like something I don't like? No. Neither should they. :] When people try to argue they look really childish and ignorant. And this is just my opinion here. Not saying that everyone looks childish and ignorant, but most do.
 
11-02-2009   #31 (permalink)
cheese on a stick
Globalastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dela-where?
Posts: 1,609
Blog Entries: 30
iTrader: (0)
Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
E-drama is the reason I post my opinions and never look back at it again. People will reply back to my opinions, but I don't go back to defend them. I mean, everyone has their own opinions, Why should they argue against them? Why should YOU argue over them? I mean do I argue with anyone because they like something I don't like? No. Neither should they. :] When people try to argue they look really childish and ignorant. And this is just my opinion here. Not saying that everyone looks childish and ignorant, but most do.
It's not that you should argue them, but sometimes it's helpful to better explain how you came to that opinion.

although there's nothing worse than arguements like:
"I like XXXXXX cuz itz/there cool and if you dont like it, its becuz ur stoopid"


as for my own facebook drama, we use it because our family is spread out across the US so it's a way for everyone to know how everyone's doing because my family is very very close knit. Which is why the deletions spurred such ridiculous responses.
__________________
 
11-02-2009   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
kmelfina's Avatar
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Like you need to know...
Posts: 1,989
Blog Entries: 105
iTrader: (1)
kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix
Default

E-drama. What I encounter in some places here an other sites.

In a Forum where opinions clash, it seems really immature of some people who attack personally. Example of how a 13 year old girl bashed me:

"Ok seriously you immature crude teen brat. If you don't like something despite the reasons listen, leave and don't even bother posting or voicing an opinion since anything you say on our beloved site and in real life will forever be moot. So STFU *******".

Ok, if I don't like something, I post legitimate reasons on my opinion + suggestions to take, and everyone else would have the right to just say "STFU, don't like it GET OUT, *play the Opinions =/= Facts so shut up Card*", I mean, what would be the point of discussions if it would end up as personal flame wars? And if I try posting back I'm labeled "flame bait" or "whining"/"Attention *****"... I just don't understand, w/ all the name calling and such directed, I don't see a reason for it in posts...
 
11-03-2009   #33 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
1stsim144's Avatar
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 4,048
iTrader: (0)
1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur
Default

Jonas Brother/Miley Cyrus hate war. `-`
(teens and immature children) They'll do ANYTHING do prove their beloved star is best among the best. *pokes jewtube*
Fun fun fun
__________________
 
11-03-2009   #34 (permalink)
cheese on a stick
Globalastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dela-where?
Posts: 1,609
Blog Entries: 30
iTrader: (0)
Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
Jonas Brother/Miley Cyrus hate war. `-`
(teens and immature children) They'll do ANYTHING do prove their beloved star is best among the best. *pokes jewtube*
Fun fun fun
haha, video sharing sites... dont even get me started there.

a whole bunch of morning musume fans were outraged that i said one of their videos was scary...
YouTube - Morning Musume - The Peace! (Subtitled)

I'm sorry, if you find a video of a bunch of preteen girls dancing around toilets and urinals that turn into discoball style lights, then IMO, you have issues...
__________________
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


zOMG!
Need a new browser game?

Try 

zOMG!

Rating:  

6.4
Hide this banner by registering for our community.