taeo has a spectacular aura abouttaeo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to taeo
IGN: Opponent Itosken
Class: Sieg Sieg lu_sieg
Level: 24 69
Guild: Titans/Illuminati
Default Game Parent Rant

OMFGGGGGGGG
Stop bugging me about playing the GOD DAM COMPUTER!
The world is ****ing digital as it is...THERE IS NO ****ING REASON FOR ME TO STOP USING THE DAM COMP!
God sht, my dad hates it when im on the computer, i have no idea why..."bc itll ruin your eyes when you grow up"
SERIOUSLY..wtf???????????
It really ticks me off

/Asian parents suck
12/20/11

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-25-2009   #2 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

Funny, my dad says the same thing.

No its not funny.

I know right? You just want to rip off their mouth.

10-25-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

yeah...my dad ALWAYZ(constantly) threatens me by taking away the Internet
>_>
12/20/11

10-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by taeo
THERE IS NO ****ING REASON FOR ME TO STOP USING THE DAM COMP!
Maybe their electricity bills are high.

10-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
Maybe their electricity bills are high.
Or maybe OP should get a life...

They're probably bothering you because they don't feel like you're doing enough. I mean, if you spend like 5+ hours in a single sitting like everyday, people are going to think somethings wrong.

10-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

I had the same problem like they make a lecture about video games when I play them too much @__@.

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

10-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

It's simply in there generation they always had things to do. Seeing you not doing stuff makes them think your lazy. Think of it from your point of view. I mean in the future, we could spend up to 12+ hours in front of a computer. If you had children, would you think that a 5 hours+ would be strange?

Generational Clash. Seems to be the cause of way too many problems.

10-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedScar
I mean in the future, we could spend up to 12+ hours in front of a computer. If you had children, would you think that a 5 hours+ would be strange?

OP is talking about gaming, not working on computer, and 12+ hours being generally accepted still doesn't mean that you are a healthy kid.

Go out, jog, get some friends.

10-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

can't blame them for caring

10-25-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

All your things are true, but im only allowed to play games on the weekends...i mean the +2 hour part...
the rest, im busy with School or sports >_>
12/20/11

10-25-2009   #11 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Your parents are only looking out for you.
Yes, it is bad for your eyes if you constantly stare at a screen [which was already stated].

They are also hoping that you don't get too addicted to being on the computer. If you are on the computer for a long duration, they may be worried you will never get off it.

As you move onto college, you won't have parents nagging at you about staying on the computer for long durations. Without parents during your pre-college-years, you will probably be too attached to it when you ARE in college.
College is all about work and you will learn that. If you want to play games so badly now, imagine what it will be like once you leave the house.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

10-25-2009   #12 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

LOL. I'm in college and still able to play games. :I

10-25-2009   #13 (permalink)
Sexy Bish <3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I got a bad rep with my parents for being on the computer too much. I used to be addicted to games, or to the internet, or to the computer. Now I still spend time on the PC but i'm just getting tired of it. I've learned so much but it's time to move on. Wasting time on the PC isn't getting me anywhere and I'm pursuing life goals to improve certain areas of my life. I practically lived on the PC for 2-3 years, but I can tell you that real life is AMAZING!!

Farewell guys.

10-25-2009   #14 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

It does mess up your eyes though, I have really poor eyesight for my age, and it's partially due to the fact that when I was a little kid I played on the computer a lot.

Secondly, just moderate yourself. Your parents are right. If you're a good student (as in like a 4.0/5.0 GPA (depends if your county/country weights grads or not)), and play a lot on the computer, I suppose it would be unreasonable to complain, but if you're a really bad student, and all you do is games, then they are right.

10-25-2009   #15 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

It's a generation thing.

My dad always told me that computers were worthless and that I was wasting my life learning them. Now, I make more money than he does and my job is 100% centered around computers.

Also, how the hell does one get a 5.0 GPA? When I went through school 4.0 was perfect -- even with AP/CC classes.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

10-25-2009   #16 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

4.0 is perfect, but colleges and stuff also look for your/give a weighted GPA (gives extra points to AP, IB and some Honors) so that you can get up to a 5.0.

10-25-2009   #17 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

i applaud the person that has enough time to play games with all APs

10-26-2009   #18 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
but assume asian parent mean u gotta do science/business
or unless ur interest is something else
This true though. Me parents + ALL MY AUNTS/UNLCES expect me to become a doctor, businessman. >_>
Which I found highly annoying

So i chose graphics instead. >=D

10-26-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

My parents aren't even asian, but they still do all that stuff with me. They don't mind me using the computer so much, as long as I don't have my TV on over night when I'm not even watching it because all my attention is on the computer. I racked up quite the electricity bill last month for doing that. :|

10-26-2009   #20 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan
i applaud the person that has enough time to play games with all APs
I had straight As this past quarter, and I was taking the max APs I could, which for a Junior, is 4.