Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-26-2009   #21 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
depends wat ur studyin'

hao go0d of studen u r

and wat college ur in

but assume asian parent mean u gotta do science/business
or unless ur interest is something else
I got laughed at when I mentioned getting business major to my relatives. `-`
They were rooting for a major in medicine.

So now I've decided in engineering.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-26-2009   #22 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

generic asian = health sci or engineering, simple as that

but yeah, i dont blame ur parents if they worry about your future.

10-26-2009   #23 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

It's pretty common for Asian parents around here to want their children to pursue business. Become an Exec or something.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

10-26-2009   #24 (permalink)
Ken
本来无一物,何处惹尘埃,问世间有几多爱 ღ 陈冠希
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCross Fire
Awards Facebook Fan

Ken is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks

how many hows do u use the computer each day anyways

10-26-2009   #25 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedScar
It's simply in there generation they always had things to do. Seeing you not doing stuff makes them think your lazy. Think of it from your point of view. I mean in the future, we could spend up to 12+ hours in front of a computer. If you had children, would you think that a 5 hours+ would be strange?

Generational Clash. Seems to be the cause of way too many problems.
Never thought of this. o_o My parents used to hound me as a kid about 7 years ago for being on the computer too much. ._.''
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
Your parents are only looking out for you.
Yes, it is bad for your eyes if you constantly stare at a screen [which was already stated].
...No wonder I hasz bad eyesights. >:
They are also hoping that you don't get too addicted to being on the computer. If you are on the computer for a long duration, they may be worried you will never get off it.
<_< I got addicted to it. Q_Q But then again, it's not such a bad thing if you base a career that is centered off of computers.
As you move onto college, you won't have parents nagging at you about staying on the computer for long durations. Without parents during your pre-college-years, you will probably be too attached to it when you ARE in college.
College is all about work and you will learn that. If you want to play games so badly now, imagine what it will be like once you leave the house.
That is true. But the OP mentioned he only used the PC, really, for gaming. Not to mention he said it was also 2~4 hours on the weekends. Possibly holidays. He's not someone that is on it every single day for at least 3 hours at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
LOL. I'm in college and still able to play games. :I
So am I. I'M STILL BETTUR DAN CHU CLIFF. :v
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz
Yeah I got a bad rep with my parents for being on the computer too much. I used to be addicted to games, or to the internet, or to the computer. Now I still spend time on the PC but i'm just getting tired of it. I've learned so much but it's time to move on. Wasting time on the PC isn't getting me anywhere and I'm pursuing life goals to improve certain areas of my life. I practically lived on the PC for 2-3 years, but I can tell you that real life is AMAZING!!

Farewell guys.
I was on board with you...until you mentioned life. :P I'm burned out of using the computer. Probably from mine breaking down so much; LOL. Either way, I only use it for my classes and for my console games. :v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
It does mess up your eyes though, I have really poor eyesight for my age, and it's partially due to the fact that when I was a little kid I played on the computer a lot.
Me tooz. :x
Secondly, just moderate yourself. Your parents are right. If you're a good student (as in like a 4.0/5.0 GPA (depends if your county/country weights grads or not)), and play a lot on the computer, I suppose it would be unreasonable to complain, but if you're a really bad student, and all you do is games, then they are right.
No offense, but I think he would know that. It's pretty common sense.

A/B student + minimal hours on the computer = dream child.
D/F student + gaming on the computer = bad.

._.'

Either way, I used to be addicted to the computer. Not anymore. <.< I was on it EVERY day for at LEAST 5 hours a day. A bit extreme. Lul. But I also have insomnia. So that helps. >.> I see nothing wrong. You play 2~3 hours a day on the weekends only. Not sure how that's a bad thing. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
how many hows do u use the computer each day anyways
Hm. I wonder that also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taeo
All your things are true, but im only allowed to play games on the weekends...i mean the +2 hour part...
the rest, im busy with School or sports >_>
Quite a mystery, huh?

Last edited by Esper; 01-09-2010 at 12:41 AM.

10-26-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

taeo has a spectacular aura abouttaeo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to taeo
IGN: Opponent Itosken
Class: Sieg Sieg lu_sieg
Level: 24 69
Guild: Titans/Illuminati

I used to play a lot, but now, it kinda sucks not playing...
Btw: What do you mean, quite a mystery?
I run Cross Country, and have Spanish/Geo hw everyday...
But on the weekends, my parents kill me like fresh cow in an open field...
and sometimes, i have races on Saturday, which makes me sleep sometimes on the weekends
12/20/11

10-26-2009   #27 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

Taeo, I was being sarcastic. :x

10-26-2009   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineMabinogiVindictus

Toribear has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
Taeo, I was being sarcastic. :x
that was a bad joke

ontopic: i used to play alot but ever since i stopped playing trickster because i overgrinded, i now do work /o/ but back then my parents complain and they always seem to catch you when you finished your homework already

Last edited by Toribear; 10-26-2009 at 10:48 PM.

10-27-2009   #29 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

SHUTUP AMY. DAIII!!!

Anyways. I wanna know. WHY does Asian parents/adult always wanted engineering/science/business as the only option in career choices. >_>

10-27-2009   #30 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

^ cause they pay well. in china, money = good life, since most of our parents are immigrants, they carry the belief that having money is very important, because that is true in china. there is almost no welfare from governments, if u dont have money, good luck picking garbage.

i dont know why you guys are complaining about parents. they raised you up with their sweat and tears for all these years without wanting anything in return from you. yet you complain about them controlling your free time. i guess u will understand when u have kids.

10-27-2009   #31 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
i dont know why you guys are complaining about parents. they raised you up with their sweat and tears for all these years without wanting anything in return from you. yet you complain about them controlling your free time. i guess u will understand when u have kids.
Because we're kids and some kids tend to complain. o-o
Or rant. It's our nature.

10-27-2009   #32 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

It is within our nature to complain but at the same time we need to know when to stop. If you are constantly complaining at the age of 15 or older, that's not normal.

People need to differentiate when complaining/ranting is appropriate and when to act like an adult. Yes, the ages of 15 - 17 may still be considered a child but you should already have some values.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

10-27-2009   #33 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toribear
that was a bad joke

ontopic: i used to play alot but ever since i stopped playing trickster because i overgrinded, i now do work /o/ but back then my parents complain and they always seem to catch you when you finished your homework already
It was more of an insult, but okay. :S

Anyways, don't see how Trickster can take up so much of your time. @_@ If grinding in something like Trickster or Grand Chase, etc...THAT should be incentive enough to not play excessively. :X

10-28-2009   #34 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

You can try bringing home one of those hawt female A-student back home as your gf. Seems to work. Parents tend to loosen up if they think you are in good hands apparently.

10-28-2009   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuniaTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia

Shisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really nice
IGN: Mr. Badass
Level: who need lvl. I cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobeemagic
You can try bringing home one of those hawt female A-student back home as your gf. Seems to work. Parents tend to loosen up if they think you are in good hands apparently.
That doesn't change the fact that parents are worried about you not spending time on schoolwork. The moment you spend time on something that is not according to their expectation, they start their complains again.

10-29-2009   #36 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

I'm asian and they're rooting to make me go through Culinary Arts.
I guess I'm not generic? 8D

10-29-2009   #37 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
If I had a B, I wouldn't be able to game until the school year's finished. You sure have laid back parents.
I believe your parents are just too damned strict. o.o;

I've only been grounded once from grades, and that was when I got an F, or a 68. But only for 9 weeks.

What kind of parent grounds their child for months because they got a B? Most parents would be jumping with joy if they got a B. =_=

10-29-2009   #38 (permalink)
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
What kind of parent grounds their child for months because they got a B? Most parents would be jumping with joy if they got a B. =_=
The Asian kind?

It's a mindset that parents have about A's and B's. If you don't maintain straight A's, you won't get into an elite university.
Sadly that's not true around my area. One person in my graduating class was Valedictorian and he didn't get into Yale, MIT, and something else [at least he got accepted to Stanford and Harvard].

Last edited by Esper; 10-29-2009 at 11:29 AM.

10-29-2009   #39 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Bah. I forgot majority of MMOG's parents are Asian.

I have American ones, so meh. They're glad that I passed High School. :P

10-29-2009   #40 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Jumping for joy with a B? I think the normal think to do would be like "Oh, ok." Since a B/70% is considered an average standard where I am.