Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default ANOTHER ****ing computer computer problem. =_=

Okay, so I was just using the computer, and a spark shoots out. (Like it did from my last problem). So, after 2 hours of being on hold with the HP company and speaking with them (which took another hour)...turns out the motherboard is damaged.

What was the problem?

I had a constant "No Signal" box come up when I tried to connect the Computer -> Monitor cable. >_>

So, it was going to cost me $135 to get an universal motherboard installed. Which is cheap, I guess. o_o But not for me. So, the day before I had to get it installed with the motherboard, I tried it one more time. It finally worked. I was so happy I didn't have to waste $135.

God, so much shit is ****ed up with my computer, it's not even funny. No other computer in my LIFE has given me this much trouble. It's not even worth all the trouble. But I cannot afford another one right now. >_<

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
*Waka Waka Waka*

evileyes has disabled reputation

here signs that life hates you
1 swine flu
2 your computer breaks

advice
GET A NEW COMPUTER

10-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

How does getting a new computer cure swine flu?

Lets hope you got a decent warranty '-'

10-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Talking from years of experience with accident prone computers I can say with confidence that when you have any mildly problematic issue with a computer that it will lead to another and another in rapid succession every single time you think you're getting closer to fixing the problem.

The computer I had for years I finally gave up on. Just including the problems it had in the last month I tried to keep it alive, it got a virus that completely totaled the OS to which I responded by buying a new hard drive because I was overdue for one. Then the Motherboard's ethernet didn't work so I bought a cheap PSI one and after installing that found the motherboard was fried.

The new computer I have now is a failure and is very problematic and I guarantee once the warranty wears off it will completely break down.

Don't buy a computer if you want one. Always have it built, it's cheaper and the computer is more often than not going to work a lot better.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

10-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

All the hate you've caused on /GGFTW Random is manifesting in your motherboard!

No, but seriously. There was this once where my computer just broke down in the middle of a major project... Quite a facepalmin' situation I had there. Brought the computer down to the servicing center and they took my laptop apart and tried to turn it back on...

The laptop components burst into flames, literally. There was this lighter flame coming from my laptop.

They've managed to fix my laptop though, luckily for me, for free. 3 years warranty does pay it's prices.

This is Kyuubey