ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Rant Forum (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/)
-   -   Oh God! Maple Story's Becoming Too Freaking Mainstream! (http://ggftw.com/forum/rant-forum/608-oh-god-maple-storys-becoming-too-freaking-mainstream.html)

Solemn 06-18-2008 09:48 PM

Oh God! Maple Story's Becoming Too Freaking Mainstream!

Lol, have you guys noticed all the ads around for Maple Story now? I see ads on YouTube, magazines, and even on MyMMOGames right now (at the top of my screen). I'm glad I was out before an influx in a crowd of younger (and possibly more naive and less competent) gamers. I feel no remorse quitting Maple Story for Lunia. :p If only 12FootTall would spend more money on advertising Lunia and less time on...Digimon... >.> Just...don't ask. :rolleyes:

Kusuriuri 06-18-2008 09:50 PM

Ashamed as I am of it (Oi hes done some REALLY stupid stuff), my dad plays Maple >_> So if I happen to walk into the room while hes playing it, I get a glimpse of whats happening nowadays .__. not really something Im interested in lol. Atleast birthdays are easy, all he ever wants are nexon prepaids @_@

NO. FREAKING. LIE.

And hes like... 42 rofl.

Vaizado 06-18-2008 09:53 PM

i always thought it was kinda weird for old people to play maple... but then again there's plenty playing WoW so i;'m not surprised lol

Kusuriuri 06-18-2008 09:53 PM

He kicks me off the computer for Maple >_>; I hate that lmao.

Zyeal 06-18-2008 09:59 PM

I found maplestory Boring...No offince...

Toribear 06-18-2008 10:01 PM

poor bloodveil >:

my dad plays command and conquer

Beato 06-18-2008 10:02 PM

I always thought MS was oogly D:

Old people are KEWL mmmkay?
Siriusly, I once had a 53 year old friend and he was really hilarious.

My dad plays Half Life 2.

Miyuki 06-18-2008 10:02 PM

More like a rant tho, so /moved.

And also, please keep the discussions out of flaming and insults posts.

Thanks!

ZeR 06-18-2008 10:04 PM

woww. I wouldn't really play games when im 20+ =/

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 10:05 PM

Lol, I saw MS in a GameInformer Mag ^^;;

Kebin 06-18-2008 10:05 PM

Wow o_o
My dad goes to work in the morning, comes home, watches 2-3 hours of TV, goes to sleep and repeat
x.x

Solemn 06-18-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodVeil (Post 6681)
Ashamed as I am of it (Oi hes done some REALLY stupid stuff), my dad plays Maple >_> So if I happen to walk into the room while hes playing it, I get a glimpse of whats happening nowadays .__. not really something Im interested in lol. Atleast birthdays are easy, all he ever wants are nexon prepaids @_@

NO. FREAKING. LIE.

And hes like... 42 rofl.

Oh, my... *pats on head* That is so freaking creepy. :eek: And I thought my parents were weird. (They both have this creepy habit of moving their toes in unison when they're alone. IT'S SO WEIRD!!!) That is really scary... O.O My parents only use the computer to check their respective e-mails, though, and then they're off to whatever else they have to do to keep the house up and running. :p

Tea 06-18-2008 10:16 PM

my mom plays pokemon and castlevania, she has like all the versions... right now its Webkins, but im sure with new poke games coming out she will get them.. thats how my lil sister got rangled into the pokemon mania. ... So you're not alone with having parents who play games. Thats how i got started on games.. i used to watch my mom play Sega Masters and Atari XD;; (makes me sound old... which im not.. )

Kusuriuri 06-18-2008 10:18 PM

My dad got me started on the NES .____. but still.. maple lmao. Hes always ranting about things he hates about it, yet kickes me off every night for it

@TO~, Im almost 20 and Im still as much of a game addict as ever o.O

Catharsis 06-19-2008 01:06 AM

I think this issue with gaming past the 20s is matter of being a busy and having other priorities. If I had the time, I'd probably be still playing, except that there are so many other things that beg for attention.

Tardar 06-19-2008 07:22 AM

My dad's a stay home mom Q.Q
My mom's a worker Q.Q
My mom has short hair
My dad has long hair Q.Q

My mom plays the flute
My dad plays the iPhone .__>
I play the computer

I don't see any ads at the top of the page??

Fuzzy 06-19-2008 07:24 AM

I play MS. It rocks.

Kowiz 06-19-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momijii (Post 7707)
My dad plays the iPhone .__>

lol

@veil, post that MS picture.. 8D

my parents are both too busy to play anything

I think o-o

boomsticky 06-19-2008 07:32 AM

Personally, I would love to play MS, but can't commit to the grinding...

However, kudos for MS for making it mainstream. Normally, you don't get F2P/Microtransaction MMOs advertising in the market these days.

Yay for world market business! Yay us for not being mainstream!

Fuzzy 06-19-2008 07:39 AM

Private servers nubber...

Although our future has a speed bump in it.