Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-16-2009   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default **** my computer and **** the HP company. Seriously.

Okay, liekz, big computer rant. <.<

Alright, about a month ago...a bit less, my computer shoots a spark from the top of it and apparently, the power supply shorts out. THE ****. Yeah. Shorts out. So, it's a Tuesday, and it takes the HP + Fedex people 2 days to send down the shipping box, label, packing items, and the styrofoam. It isn't so bad, right? WRONG. They get the god damned return address wrong. Fedex won't let us alter the god damned return address or they won't ship it because it'll be invalid. **** YOU. So, on Thursday, they say that they will take 2 days to send the label. They don't run on the weekends. We were hoping that, for some miraculous reason, they would ship it early or work on the weekends a tiny bit. Does it come true? NO. We have to wait until Monday. So Monday night comes...no mail all day. The hell? <_< IT WAS 2 DAYS, 2 DAY SHIPPING. What the **** is so hard about that? Okay, so it FINALLY gets back on Tuesday. Took them a week to do a 3-day job. -_- So, we send it off and it gets to the HP company within 2 days. That goes well...

Then I get an e-mail from the HP company saying that due to recent changes and alterations to the warranty about 2 months ago, they do not cover certain things. It just so happens that an insect from my dorm crawls into my computer from the side vents and makes a nest and I get quite a few bugs in there. So, because of a minor insect infestation, and their bullshit warranty, they refuse to even touch it. SCREW YOU TO HELL HP. Never will I ****ing consult them again or buy another computer from them.

So, they send it back, and it sits in my room for almost 3 weeks. I've nothing to do but play two different games on my PS2. I finally find out that there is a very good computer repair store near me. So, I clean out the inside of my computer and take it up there. They charge me $38 for a new power supply, since they found out that my old one WAS fried and DID short out. (God damn it all >_>) Also costs me $9 for an adapter because of the new power supply having only one theta (I think that is spelled right) cable input on it. The guy tells me how to hook it all up myself instead of charging me $30 for an installment fee. Pfft. Not paying that when I can do it myself.

So, I get it home, open up the side panel, and it takes roughly 20~30 minutes to take off the side panel, unscrew, loosen, and remove the old power supply, fasten in the new one, screw it in, hook up the new theta cables with a 20-pin instead of a 24-pin and a 4-pin. So, I have to call support because of an annoying error...

"Disk reboot failed. Insert system disk to continue."

Didn't have one with my computer. I thought "OH, GREAT. <____<". So, I called HP support (god forbid they actually help me this time). And I never would've thought to re-open the side panel. I left a theta cable unplugged into the adapter from the hard drive. No wonder. I hooked it up and it worked. Thank god.

So, finally back after that long-ish month. <_< Why am I complaining about all this? I have a very simple day.

Wake up, computer gaming, lunch, computer gaming, dinner, computer gaming, sleep. Repeat.

Taking occasional bathroom breaks and going out for food and whatnot. And playing FFXII + DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3. :x Which is all I ever do. /o/

And the occasional classes. .-.

/endrantz

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

We were wondering where you went, Yumiko :<

You suddenly disappeared without telling us, lol

I'm really glad to hear that your long tedious problem was done.

I've disliked customer service for a loong time. If I were to call for customer support for my laptop, I'd probably get some guy on the other side of the world that barely speaks English, but works for the company...

gg Noperative

Last edited by SkyAngelic; 10-16-2009 at 08:49 PM.

10-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

I know. Time to make Random perfect again. \o/

I was really dying from computer withdrawals. LOL. :x

10-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

D: withdrawal?!

at least you're back xD! Tori probably has some scalies saved up for you

gg Noperative

10-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

So you got your hands kind of dirty by doing computer repairs for yourself, that's a good thing

I pretty much hand-built every computer I've ever owned and just recently bought an Acer desktop and netbook -- both Miyu and I are very happy with Acer and strongly recommend them, when you decide to purchase another computer

and yes we can use you back in random, it's on the verge of being taken over by furries and men in florida who pretend to be gay italian women

10-16-2009   #6 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

I actually want to be able to make custom computers. <_< I hate office stuff. The only Acer thing I have is my flatscreen monitor. Which hasn't quit for 2 years. /o/

Just my computer is a Compaq computer. I guess HP bought Compaq or something. :S

10-16-2009   #7 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

HP did bought Compaq back in 2002
Quote:
Once the largest supplier of personal computing systems in the world[1], Compaq existed as an independent corporation until 2002, when it merged with Hewlett-Packard.
- Compaq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But yeah, HP does have sucky customer service support, even at my place here. Seems like not only HP does have sucky support, their products seems..."fragile" too :x

10-16-2009   #8 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

^Really? Well I use a HP printer and recently it died on me. I suspected that the power supply might be faulty, and my printer was way past warranty (it's about 5ish years old). Nevertheless, I brought it down to the support centre and the technician replaced the power supply for free lol. I even got my parking charges refunded.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

10-16-2009   #9 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

The HP customer service at my place is nice. 'o'
Well, at least you're back amy. :3
I thought you were killed off by that flu .-.

10-17-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Riku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the rough
Class: All The Cool Ones lu_dacy

Yay you're back!

10-17-2009   #11 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
^Really? Well I use a HP printer and recently it died on me. I suspected that the power supply might be faulty, and my printer was way past warranty (it's about 5ish years old). Nevertheless, I brought it down to the support centre and the technician replaced the power supply for free lol. I even got my parking charges refunded.
Lucky. >: But this happens about every 3~4 months...so it has something to do with faulty power supplies. ;_; Since your printer did that, and my computer has done that twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
The HP customer service at my place is nice. 'o'
Well, at least you're back amy. :3
I thought you were killed off by that flu .-.
Pft. I'm too strong for some flu. :3 Hai Leishuh
Quote:
Originally Posted by riku4564
Yay you're back!
Hai Kairi <3

10-17-2009   #12 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

That's why I'm a computer Junkie >:D Screw the companies I can just do it myself.

Anyway my sister had issues with her HP too. They're customer service sucks balls. Wb to Mmog then :D.

10-17-2009   #13 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Well, Singapore's HP support is really good.

Then again, we are small, so that rids a lot of complications.

Anyway welcome back Yumiko.

10-17-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Squishable is on a distinguished road

AMYSAMAAAA!@!@!

10-17-2009   #15 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

The only ability you need to build a computer is reading manuals and googling and maybe knowing how to screw stuff (lollolollol) :U

10-21-2009   #16 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

I have an HP PC and an HP all-in-one printer. They haven't given out on me yet. The PC has given me some trouble but only because I've never really taken care of it until recently.

10-21-2009   #17 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

HP make damn good servers and printers. Their consumer computers, however, I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Last edited by Esper; 01-09-2010 at 01:43 AM.