Send a message via MSN to Ken Send a message via Yahoo to Ken
IGN: LoveKen
Class: Gambler to_gambler
Level: Lay low
Guild: Exorcist
Xfire: Xfire sucks
Default paypal sucks,,,

i got charge fir NFS or watever, paypals just gay as hell

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-14-2009   #2 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

NSF - Nonsufficient Funds.

PayPal isn't alone in this, every bank in the market will charge you extra if you try to pay for something and don't have enough money in your account to cover it.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

09-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

TsunTsun is on a distinguished road

Caught red handed haha~

09-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
Ken
本来无一物,何处惹尘埃,问世间有几多爱 ღ 陈冠希
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineCross Fire
Awards Facebook Fan

Ken is on a distinguished road

blah._. only a hundred $, big deal, just pissed off @ all this confusion,

09-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
Sexy Bish <3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

What are you talking about? Paypal is awesome.

Without Paypal I wouldn't be able to purchase anything online. It is essentially an online bank. I can buy whatever I want with a credit card without the sketchy company receiving my credit card details. Also, I can filel a dispute and Paypal will have my back. The only downside are their small fees like 2.9% for receiving payments or something. But there's ways around that: you can take a withdrawl from your credit card or bank account and deposit into your Paypal balance. Then you can send that money to any other Paypal account and there's no fees. Oh right, and of course Paypal is fricken HUGE and so widely known that almost every e-commerce transaction supports it.

09-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

And here I was thinking they froze your account because you offering vacations to Costco. That's right. Costco trips are not allowed.

09-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
Ken
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

D: why not

09-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz
What are you talking about? Paypal is awesome.

Without Paypal I wouldn't be able to purchase anything online. It is essentially an online bank. I can buy whatever I want with a credit card without the sketchy company receiving my credit card details. Also, I can filel a dispute and Paypal will have my back. The only downside are their small fees like 2.9% for receiving payments or something. But there's ways around that: you can take a withdrawl from your credit card or bank account and deposit into your Paypal balance. Then you can send that money to any other Paypal account and there's no fees. Oh right, and of course Paypal is fricken HUGE and so widely known that almost every e-commerce transaction supports it.
Let's not forget that paypal has their own debit card, so if you have money there (like if you sell things online and that's where people pay you) then you can use the card and it pulls straight from your paypal account without having to wait three days for it to be deposited into your bank account.

Yeah. Paypal is awesome. a NSF problem was your own fault rly.

09-17-2009   #9 (permalink)
Ken
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

=.=ll why would NFS cost like 50$, not dat i really care, but they give no warning or watever

09-17-2009   #10 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Normal banks charge $30 for over drafts, credit cards charge $50+, and the "warning" was in the terms of service. You're just not supposed to spend money you don't have.

09-17-2009   #11 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Evalyn Fior
Class: DRK/MNK/LTW
Guild: HoCD

They probably expect the user to be aware of how much money they have in their own bank account or wherever the money comes from for your paypal (I haven't used it before so I'm just speculating).

There's a fee for writing out a check when you don't have the money in your account, and that's a $100 dollar fee last time I checked. I honestly don't see the difference between writing out checks you don't have the support for and using spending more money than you allotted on Paypal.

It's your money, know how much you have before you spend it.

Mitchi ninja'd me D: But we more or less said the same thing.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

09-17-2009   #12 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrics
There's a fee for writing out a check when you don't have the money in your account, and that's a $100 dollar fee last time I checked. I honestly don't see the difference between writing out checks you don't have the support for and using spending more money than you allotted on Paypal.
Technically, you can be arrested for issuing worthless checks. Few people are but it is illegal.

k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

09-17-2009   #13 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Evalyn Fior
Class: DRK/MNK/LTW
Guild: HoCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Technically, you can be arrested for issuing worthless checks. Few people are but it is illegal.
Lols it was once out of desperation q_q We weren't totally dry in terms of what was in the bank, but it wasn't quite enough. It was a pretty low value (like $20) so I'm sure it flew under the radar. It was one of those "Damn, this is something we need now but we don't have quite enough so now it's going to cost us $120 dollars, stupid necessities". Course I know nothing of banks and credit and checks being a lowly minor.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

09-18-2009   #14 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Let this just be a lesson to you on how debit accounts work. Debit cards work just like piggy banks. But if you spend more than you have in the piggy bank, depending on the bank, they will cover the cost for you but charge an overdraft fee (sometimes it's just the ladder). It's your own responsibility to log your transactions and keep track of what you have. A countermeasure for this is credit but it's not for the irresponsible. It can get you into a world of hurt if you don't pay your dues on time: interest will build up the debt and you'll get your stuff repossessed.

Checks aren't good anymore in most places for personal transactions and are limited to business checks these days (employee salaries, business transactions, etc.). They've been replaced by plastic due to the large amounts of fraud that occurred during the era of paper checks. Most department stores and customer service departments I've worked at had a check reader which took forever to scan. Some dishonest people would try to give me a check and excuse themselves saying they're in a hurry, but I stop them and it turns out that the check bounces. Businesses without proper security are vulnerable to these people as they can make a run for it after giving you the check.

Eh, debit/credit cards just made life that much easier for clerks and CSRs.

09-18-2009   #15 (permalink)
Ken
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

yes...it is a lesson, but since im a kid i dont know any better~:>

edit: i saw some ppl somehow get their money back by asking the bank paying for them, weird...

09-19-2009   #16 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

While they are not obligated, some banks will reverse a first time NSF fee as a measure of goodwill. The banker considers quite a few parameters such as the amount of the overdraft, age of the account holder, age of the account, etc. Still, it's not good business to assume a bank will reverse the charge. It's also usually easier to get a charge reversed when you can visit the bank in person. Some banks, such as the military-only USAA Federal Savings Bank or PayPal have few or no physical branches so it's hard to get an audience with your banker to plead the case.

Like others have said, in most cases (there are exceptions) an NSF fee is completely the fault of the account holder. In rare cases where it isn't (like someone stole your debit card) banks often have policies to deal with this. At any rate, it should be taken as a learning experience to always know your balance before spending money.

10-26-2009   #17 (permalink)
Ken
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

bsides all that, paypal is hella slow...takes 4 ever to transfer money from bank

10-27-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
bsides all that, paypal is hella slow...takes 4 ever to transfer money from bank
ya it's annoying as hell, I don't understand why it withdraws the amount from my bank the next day but takes another 7-9 to actually put it in my paypal.

it's sort of ridiculous, they should have a trust system where if you do it often enough you can next day put money in there like ~50.

Last edited by Esper; 01-09-2010 at 12:41 AM.

10-27-2009   #19 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

It only takes 1 day for the money to go from bank to paypal on my end. And it takes 3 days the opposite way.

It's better than mailing it (takes longer, not secure) or wiring money (which has fees).

10-27-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
It only takes 1 day for the money to go from bank to paypal on my end. And it takes 3 days the opposite way.

It's better than mailing it (takes longer, not secure) or wiring money (which has fees).

Do you have a premium account or something? even accounts in the states need 5-7 days or something.