LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-07-2009   #61 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister D. D. Gilgrim
I am still getting the occasional email from players for Trickster and Grand Chase. I often said that I couldn't exactly go into detail about what my responsibilites for the company actually were while I was with them, and frankly, I don't think that the way the company has ultimately shaped up is anything particularly worth wasting breath (or typing) on. I haven't been with them since Aug 2008. It's probably best put that the original vision for the company and what it could become and do (held by myself as well as my original professional partner, Sean, and in theory, the other founders) simply did not come to pass. Sean left earlier on, I think he saw the writing on the wall and had much better foresight than I did. I had some great experiences there, and have a lot of respect for a host of the people that I met through the company, some of whom are likely still working there... while others, meh, not so much. But, respect is earned, that's what makes it valuable.

I think that I kept it pretty simple, straight-forward and professional when I wrote up the last commentary for Megalo Life, when it was cancelled out of nowhere (still never got a reason for that... so I'm sorry if you're wondering too, I don't have the answer). But I also know that I wasn't able to say everything I wanted to at the time. Frankly, now, more time has passed and I'm really not as interested in voicing my angered opinions about what actually happened, anymore than I'm wanting to go too much into what we did for the company, what our vision was and how somewhere along the way, the direction was completely lost and misguided.

Although, in response to some of the emails that I seem to still be getting (please, really, I don't use Myspace... honest - but you can always reach me through my email [gilgrimATgmailDOTcom], NR, LJ and I guess now Twitter and Facebook) I would like to make the following statement to help clarify things:

"Yes, I worked for NtreevUSA, yes I did a lot more for them besides make webcomics, tutorials and other visual stuff. No, I'm not going to go into everything that I used to do, but since we started as a very small operation, I think it's fair to let it be known that those of use who first came on board, really had to do a bit of everything, and a lot of most things needed to make an online publisher work, grow and improve in not only its products but its services.

Yes, when we started it was a very different place, with different faces, different goals and a different atmosphere. And yes, somewhere along the way, that all seemed to rapidly change, until it had morphed into something that was completely irrecognizable. I was not the first to leave the company, I'm sure that (as with most companies in the big wide world) I will not be the last (and I know that I wasn't).

No, I don't really know who's responsible for many of the changes that seem to have altered the company's direction for the worse, and frankly, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to wade through the immense amount of bullshit it would take to sift out an answer. Believe me, I tried, and so did others at the time we first saw the horrible mutation happening.

No, I don't maintain any connection to the company professionally, or its products, and would like my only sustained connection to the place to be the obvious contributions that I made (mainly the visual stuff). And no, I'm really not interested in sullying my soul with further professional contact with the company, not that the offer is going to come by anytime soon.

So, with the above, it is highly improbable that I will in any way be returning to producing online, visual, or other content for the company NtreevUSA, its products/games or services in the near future, or really ever. At this point, I don't think the company could afford my rates anyway. But yes, it does sadden me to no longer have that special type of interaction with the very generous, loving and supportive community of players that were involved with TOR and GC. I do miss you all, and I am very glad for the brief opportunity that I had to share that unique experience with you. Thank you very much, TOR and GC communities for the kind words, and emails that I still receive even now, a full year after the final Megalo Life, and some time after I had noticeably left the company and its interests.

Lastly, no, I don't play their games anymore, no I haven't for quite some time. No I really don't have any loyalty to what the company has become, or have a great deal of professional faith in the leadership that allowed the illconceived redirecting of its ultimate course to occur. I actually was able to fulfill my original promise to one of the founders when I came on board, and to achieve everything that I had agreed to do before the split. Ultimately, I am still saddened that we just weren't able to reach the goals that we could have. Opportunity is a rare thing, and I think it is the squandering of that precious, and rare thing that really stabs at me. In the end, I think it will be that squandered, special and now lost thing that I will not ever be able to really let go of.

So, am I saddened by the company, and my departing from it? Yes, in a way. I am saddened by the end of the interaction with the players and certain employees, but mostly I am saddened by what could have been, was possible, but now, cannot be realized. I know that in the beginning, we had a lot of lofty ideas, ideals, and goals for our journey in this new field... somewhere along the way, that seemed to be forgotten. And so that chapter finally ends. NtreevUSA you chose your path, you chose what was most valuable to you. I would wish you luck, but I reserve those sentiments for those who deserve them."

I know that I've posted off and on about Ntreev quite a bit during 2008 (and even before). It was a very crucial and important part of my life. I think that I lost sight myself, of what was really important, and I certainly have some blame to share for allowing the company, and its gummed-up inner workings, to disuade me from focusing on what's right, what's important and what I really do care about. That, is my fault.

But now, we have a new year ahead of us, new adventures and I think it's time to wrap this small chapter of my professional life in its little box and catalogue with the rest of the experiences, opportunities and other weird/unique shite I've been weirdly fortunate-enough to be involved in or with. As 2008 has now come to a close, I think it's a good time to put away the last damaging thing that went with it.

Goodbye 2008
NGreed
Goodbye Greed & Disillusionment

Goodbye NtreevUSA, GC, TOR, Megalo Life and everything else related to it. Goodbye to ranting about you, or letting you anger me so.

Maybe some day, you'll come to a new direction, if not, I really don't think you'll be around long enough for anyone to really worry or care about.

Goodbye 2008 - Hello new challenges, new beginnings, and a new year ^__^

I love you all,

--Aleister
For the record Mike, I do not hate NTreev. They irritate me to no end, but I do not hate them.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-07-2009   #62 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

@Momi
Thanks for saving me some time of looking for that.

08-07-2009   #63 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

MikeJ15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hmmm....thats a very touching letter.

However.......

NOPE! I am not going to say anything! I am stopping!

/endfurtherposts

08-07-2009   #64 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

Gasp I didn't tl;dr, but sadly I'm too dumb to make an arguement. -gigglesnort- I've been playing since the first day too :3 I have personally seen Ntreev crap themselves in the pants slowly but surely through the years. I am a complainer, but the things that us players have had to go through is unbelievably unfair and to put it bluntly, stupid. Some of the things that have happened have already been pointed out in past posts so I don't see a point on repeating them.

Ntreev fails because they can't manage their own gaming economy. Kthxbai.

tumblr / instagram

08-07-2009   #65 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

*Points to Post 61 and 65*

08-07-2009   #66 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ15
*Points to Post 61 and 65*
... we can continue without your stupidity. You posted enough of it to make this thread last a lifetime. And the more you end up making posts just pointing to previous posts by yourself shows us that you still feel the need to defend yourself or you wouldn't have come back to point at those posts in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda
@Momi:
As much as I hate Ntreev, yes I would play it again.
Grand Chase is one of my favorite games.
I can play ANY version of grand chase out there if I wanted to, but not being able to understand the players would annoy the hell out of me.
yeah. I know exactly how Amanda feels on this subject... I just came back to NAGC due to being able to speak english and hold conversations with old friends. Kgc and BRGC are fun, but the lack of people to talk to is a pain

08-07-2009   #67 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalastro
... we can continue without your stupidity. You posted enough of it to make this thread last a lifetime. And the more you end up making posts just pointing to previous posts by yourself shows us that you still feel the need to defend yourself or you wouldn't have come back to point at those posts in the first place

yeah. I know exactly how Amanda feels on this subject... I just came back to NAGC due to being able to speak english and hold conversations with old friends. Kgc and BRGC are fun, but the lack of people to talk to is a pain
Well, from several PMs from other members here, I can already tell what this community is like.

Therfore, I will say it one more time:

*Points to post 61 and 65*

Now THIS is my last post ;3

PLEASE go ahead and argue back. I have TONS more I wanted to say about this argument, but I am being the better man and not letting my emotions take control. Thefore, I will stop posting here :/

/endsfurtherpostsonthread

08-07-2009   #68 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Mike, if you have received any harassing messages, please report them.

08-07-2009   #69 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momijii
Mike, if you have received any harassing messages, please report them.
Ah no, they werent. They were quite the opposite. They just told me the history with Ntreev and MMOG. So.....yeah alot of people here are quite mad at Ntreev huh ?_?

PS: Damnit! You made me post T^T

08-08-2009   #70 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

What you know.....may change your life forever.

Will you take the red pill?

or

The blue pill @_@?

08-08-2009   #71 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
League of LegendsTrickster Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Aveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura about
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
What you know.....may change your life forever.

Will you take the red pill?

or

The blue pill @_@?
What does this have to do with this topic? Unless it has to do with it, please try to stay on topic.

And also, as for your posts #61 and #65 in which you keep pointing to frequently, it just sounds like you're ignoring the fact that you have been shown quite strong evidence against what you've been saying.
Momijii had posted a letter from Gilgrim, a former employee of nTreev, saying how he saw nTreev becoming corrupt and you just say :
Quote:
Hmmm....thats a very touching letter.

However.......

NOPE! I am not going to say anything! I am stopping!

/endfurtherposts
Now from what I see from this post is that either you have nothing else to say, no more 'evidence' against what Veil, Amanda and Momijii had to say, or you're just trying to attract attention by ignoring all these facts and running around saying things in which you think or believe is true when it is not truly a cold, hard fact.

/goes back to lurking

08-08-2009   #72 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novocaine
Well you said you werent gonna post anymore but still did, so w/e :v

Sounds more like "I know Im gonna get lolpwned if I say anymore so I'll just stop here". Seriously. Yes, people are mad at Ntreev. We have our reasons and our evidence. Where's yours? I havent seen any evidence from you so far on what makes them so tolerable. Nothing but a bunch of flimsy logic and your constant references to the ToS which tells us absolutely nothing about anything. All that says is "Ntreev stipulated this and that in their ToS so its your fault you signed up for their services" ..uh, thank you Captain Obvious @_@ Thats not what the discussion was about in the first place.

@Riyoki: Ditto. Funny how he completely ignored a letter written by a former NTreev employee. How2be anymore selective?
My god I want to say something, but I will just put it simple.....

I.......DISAGREE!

You have no idea how hard it is the prove something when I have already been told what this community is like :/

Last edited by MikeJ15; 08-08-2009 at 11:09 AM.

08-08-2009   #73 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

He's not the voice of the company. Plus, Gilgrim was a good person. =3

08-08-2009   #74 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

Quote:
You have no idea how hard it is the prove something when I have already been told what this community is like :/
yes we're all a hivemind

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNONOE

08-08-2009   #75 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
League of LegendsTrickster Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Aveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura about
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
My god I want to say something, but I will just put it simple.....

I.......DISAGREE!

Please explain in further detail. :>
I'm willing to listen as long as you put forward some valid reasons.
I for one, am not one who's easily swayed by his emotions. So when you give me some real proof, then I'll obviously admit that you have a point. But, right now you're ignoring our point of view and only letting your opinion take over and shunning all other information, which in my opinion is quite pathetic. And please, if say you disagree, you should state why or you'll most likely get flamed. If you've actually got some valid points to say, pease say it, because all we're seeing is someone craving attention. Also, if it's so hard to prove yourself, why not just admit that you've nothing else to say. It's not that hard unless it's not true. :/

08-08-2009   #76 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

@Above, dont bother. I quit posting when I realized I was trying to hold a debate with a person who listened to no opinion other than his own, and no matter how much proof anyone in this thread presents, they are going to continue to dismiss it as nothing, continue to disagree, and yet never offer anything more than a few simplistic comments that do nothing to defend their point, which is essentially the point we're at now. Its a waste of time to babysit attention getters, really.

Also, theres a difference between being flamed and being given a critical, blunt response. If you call every negative post directed towards you a flame, then Id hate to see how you act when you get trolled. That troll would have a field day, Im sure.

モノノ怪

08-08-2009   #77 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyoki
Please explain in further detail. :>
I'm willing to listen as long as you put forward some valid reasons.
I for one, am not one who's easily swayed by his emotions. So when you give me some real proof, then I'll obviously admit that you have a point. But, right now you're ignoring our point of view and only letting your opinion take over and shunning all other information, which in my opinion is quite pathetic. And please, if say you disagree, you should state why or you'll most likely get flamed. If you've actually got some valid points to say, pease say it, because all we're seeing is someone craving attention. Also, if it's so hard to prove yourself, why not just admit that you've nothing else to say. It's not that hard unless it's not true. :/
Ok, I will say something since your the only one that didnt blantly call me stipid because I am not angry at Ntreev.

Anyways, what viable proof has anyone said here, aside from the letter? Even then, I was told countless times on this thread to "not believe what Ntreev says all the time", yet you all are quick to jump the gun on a former Ntreev employee :/

Anyone find that kind of Ironic :/

Anyways, I heard the opinions, I stated mine, then I get attacked by an army of angry Ntreevhaters because I am stating an opinion. I didnt insult, I didnt say "your wrong and im right", and I never ignored anything. However, when I see a person post their "your wrong and im right" argument at me, I tend to either ignore them, or not bother. I have argued with people like that before, and no matter how much you prove them against their beliefs, they will always continue to argue. That is why I am kind of not taking this thread serious anymore. I already know its a lost cause to speak out here actually.

If you want to have a conversation, just PM me. I will glady share my points and opinions with you. But please, dont insult.

I AM NOT ignoring this evidence, and I AM NOT just craving attention. Its amazing that if you just want to stop an argument, your a stupid,retarded, attention craver because I was being the better man and just stoping. I noticed it was getting out of hand on this thread, so I took it upon myself to well....stop sorta of. People like Meggido dont know how to have a conversation without them insulting and boating his own intelligence. Thats why I tend to ignore people like him until they can share opinions without being extremely biased. I have stated several times that Ntreev has its flaws, I stated that you all could even be right in a way. However, I am not going to waste my breath on people like Megiddo.

Sorry if I offended anyone. My wishful thinking may have gotten to the better of me, however this is a board where opinions can be shared ;3

08-08-2009   #78 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Did I ever once DIRECTLY call you names? No. Its called speaking in a general term. Perhaps read a little closer before you take any bit of hostility so personally. Believe me, if I had ever ONCE flamed in this thread, I would have long received an infraction for it. As far as how we perceive you, you have merely your own comments in this thread to blame. Why do we say you ignored things you were told? Due to how you responded to us. Could you ever once offer back any points as a counter-argument? No. Instead, it was always some bullshit post that you disagreed, yet never anything beyond that. And all this 'Im not going to post anymore, but I just did anyway' thing, what is that, aside from some childish attempt at attention?

Again, you only have your own posts to blame for how we interpreted what we did.

Also, quit that ';3' bullshit. Its only serves to make a person look like a fool when they use it in a serious debate. You can ask Novocaine, and her encounter with someone who did the very same thing.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 08-08-2009 at 05:41 PM.

08-08-2009   #79 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo
Did I ever once DIRECTLY call you names? No. Its called speaking in a general term. Perhaps read a little closer before you take any bit of hostility so personally. Believe me, if I had ever ONCE flamed in this thread, I would have long received an infraction for it. As far as how we perceive you, you have merely your own comments in this thread to blame. Why do we say you ignored things you were told? Due to how you responded to us. Could you ever once offer back any points as a counter-argument? No. Instead, it was always some bullshit post that you disagreed, yet never anything beyond that. And all this 'Im not going to post anymore, but I just did anyway' thing, what is that, aside from some childish attempt at attention?

Again, you only have your own posts to blame for how we interpreted what we did.

Also, quit that ';3' bullshit. Its only serves to make a person look like a fool when they use it in a serious debate. You can ask Novocaine, and her encounter with someone who did the very same thing.
Megiddo, I understand your frusteration at me, but it isnt necessary. Just PM me if you want to. We can talk there.

I will explain what I think in a PM as I dont think it needs to be discussed here ;3

PS: Serious? My friend, the inernet is NEVER serious. For petty sake, we are arguing over a video game and its company. It wont have any impact on anyone how this argument turns out, so what is there to be serious about?

I can ";3" all I want to. Its what I like putting as my own little "mark".

;3

08-08-2009   #80 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Bye drama and possible flamebaits. o/