Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage
Default some stupid shitheads

Okay, so some shithead hacked into my email, nexon account, and facebook today. They used my email to gain access to my nexon and facebook accounts. Now, I've gone through google's services to get my gmail back (google is way better than these damned game companies, took google like, 20 minutes to get my account back). After that, I reset the password, and regained my facebook.

HOWEVER.

Nexon's password retrieval system allows for like... 1 reset per day.

Guess who got to use the one reset?

Well, it certainly wasn't me.

So basically, if I want to log back into my account, the soonest I'll be able to have it back is...

5 and a half hours from now, if nexon considers "per-day" as starting at midnight PST. Even so, that's 3 AM my time and I sure as hell won't be up. Yes, I'll be able to get my account back. But by the time I get it it'll probably be completely stripped.

I think they're only hacking my maplestory though lol? Because I found in my inbox several messages. A request for my nexon username, a request for my nexon password to be reset, and a request for my maplestory pin to be reset. So if they're only jacking my maplestory, then I don'l really care. If they jack my mabinogi though... It's on.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

The fact that they managed to jack into your ANYTHING is a sign that you have FAR worse problems than just potentially losing an online gaem account. I'd be a LOT more worried about the security of your PC at this point.

Start going through the usual rigmarole of scanning for malware, virii, keyloggers and the like.

06-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

I'm running one now.

But yeah, as far as access to my email account, I'm concerned how they got in...

06-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani
Start going through the usual rigmarole of scanning for malware, virii, keyloggers and the like.
Don't bother. Just reformat. It's probably faster and will certainly be more thorough.

06-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

For some reason...google's gmail is ..kinda vulnerable for those password retrieve hack :s

I normally uses hotmail to stores my important stuff x-x;...have bad experiences with gmail before.

06-12-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

would using https instead of http solve the problem? (https://mail.google.com)