Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default People at MMOG are so critical. q-q

-Remove/close if this thread is too...abrasive or anything-

A friend of mine I met at Practice Field yesterday just pointed out something. While people at MMOG are helpful, they are also VERY critical. They put down a lot, tell you what to do and what to not do, they have high expectations, and if something isn't top-notch/wtfgawdawesuuuumklolz, then it's simply not good enough for MMOG.

(This refers to mainly the Lunia section of MMOG)

Honestly, I understand critiques are everywhere, but do you have to be critical on 95% of everything? >_> I've yet to see one person that commented another that wasn't a Stage/PvP legend/professional. Honestly.

tl;dr Grow a fking heart and try kindness for once. It can work.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know of the specifics, but the forum is built around the idea of helping others. Nobody is perfect, including the people trying to critique others. Their advice is simply that - advice. Take it in stride and understand that the brainstorming power of a whole community is far greater than your own, even if you have to sift through piles of crap ._.

06-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Oh noes the interwebs is not filled with gum drops, pink ponies and rainbows! Whatever will you do?! Its the internet, its not like it really matters.

06-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

MMOG is an awesome forum, I wouldn't have stuck around if it wasn't.

There's an incredible level of honesty here, which is absent in most other forums. The folks at MMOG here will explain, and help, and not take any shortcuts. If you're doing it wrong, they'll say so. They're not being mean, they're just going from experience.

We're here because we enjoy being here and we want to help out when we can. We're just not going to sugarcoat it. It may come off as harsh, but it's all in fun. That's MMOG.

06-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane
MMOG is an awesome forum, I wouldn't have stuck around if it wasn't.

There's an incredible level of honesty here, which is absent in most other forums. The folks at MMOG here will explain, and help, and not take any shortcuts. If you're doing it wrong, they'll say so. They're not being mean, they're just going from experience.

We're here because we enjoy being here and we want to help out when we can. We're just not going to sugarcoat it. It may come off as harsh, but it's all in fun. That's MMOG.
^ This

Most people speak from experience, which is why it may rub off as "you're doing it wrong!"

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo
Nobody is perfect, including the people trying to critique others. Their advice is simply that - advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane

/Thread

Those are basically all you need to know. Apparently, you take things far too personally if you feel the need to rant about it. Look back at what I quoted and perhaps rethink how you perceive what people say.

モノノ怪

06-11-2009   #7 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

its bcuz i has awoosum equipzzz

Also, metty is right. n_n

06-11-2009   #8 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiko
if something isn't top-notch/wtfgawdawesuuuumklolz, then it's simply not good enough for MMOG.
This refers to Media, mostly. /gg

06-11-2009   #9 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

I am not going to bash you anything, but I think we/you just got on the wrong foot here.

Quote:
This refers to Media, mostly. /gg
Media?...what do you mean?

Last edited by Red; 06-11-2009 at 07:09 PM.

06-11-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Uh oh... Asides from the other things said, which I may or may not agree with (haha, Political Science paying off!). I see generalizations. I think we need to fire some MMOG "representatives". hohoho.

06-11-2009   #11 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
(haha, Political Science paying off!). I see generalizations.
A CHALLENGER APPEARS

oh ho ho ho

first off, let me tell you about

and furthermore,

06-11-2009   #12 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Well, let me be blunt then.

If you suck, you suck. We're not going to tell you false lies to make you feel better. Some of us does that, but most of us don't. In this forums, you'll rarely see high bullshit tollerance. The only forums that actually tollerate bullshit and stupid crap would probably be Random Forums. The rest of the forums pretty much requires you to use the wikipedia webpage with the link located at the top of the site or google for it first to see if its already answered in another area.

Repeatively answering questions that already been answered like 234930903 times is definetly going to piss loads of people off. On the other hand, if you're coming on the forums to boast about a certian achievement that almost 75% of the forums already had, we're just going to pin you down too because its people's nature to go against those who blows thier trumpets

Sadly, at MMOG, we truely thinks you deserves the best. Therefore you have loads of professional gamers, hardcore grinders, artists/ computer graphic artists, computer technicians, active adminstrators that works 24/7 around the clock (By shift of course) and even able to provide forums news about the latest games and gossip on the net. If you find those people's advices a little too difficult for you to comprehend on the social scale, then I'm sorry to tell you that this thread is not going to change anything... At all.

This is Kyuubey

06-11-2009   #13 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
I think we need to fire some MMOG "representatives". hohoho.
Just remember, anyone without a bold green or blue name does not speak for the site. We can't really do anything about those that use our name to thrash others, but it's definitely not the consensus of the overall community.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

06-11-2009   #14 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

well pretty much what Noe just said

the rest of us like it here and we joke around but the most important thing is we try to be the most honest source around --- hence the wiki

so just chill out

06-11-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Just remember, anyone without a bold green or blue name does not speak for the site. We can't really do anything about those that use our name to thrash others, but it's definitely not the consensus of the overall community.
Too bad it's not as clear cut as this off the internet. heh.

06-11-2009   #16 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm amused that some people post online hoping to get patronized.

Not everyone in MMOG has amassed the fine art of subtlety in spades, but they are honest. I'd rather choose honest candidness than sugar-coated hogwash.

06-11-2009   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
everything? >_> I've yet to see one person that commented another that wasn't a Stage/PvP legend/professional.
Usually people want the more experienced to guide them. At least I would, perhaps I'm just a bit strange.

From only a few of your posts that I read, you seem to be an example of your very rant. Being blunt isn't always nice and you seem to be extremely blunt. -blah, lost train of thought-
Anyways, don't take me all too seriously as I don't really know you all too well.

06-11-2009   #18 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
I remember when I got soft warned for saying this. "filter bypassing" lol!
I almost missed that one.

Yumiko, consider this as your "soft warning". Filters are there for a reason, ya?

06-11-2009   #19 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
-Remove/close if this thread is too...abrasive or anything-

A friend of mine I met at Practice Field yesterday just pointed out something. While people at MMOG are helpful, they are also VERY critical. They put down a lot, tell you what to do and what to not do, they have high expectations, and if something isn't top-notch/wtfgawdawesuuuumklolz, then it's simply not good enough for MMOG.

(This refers to mainly the Lunia section of MMOG)
Or would you like to see the mass spamming 18G coins resurrecting , thinking this is the norm to beat a somewhat difficult stage. 99G coin because they followed some dubious advice ( typical example - no voke )when finalizing their skill build? Why court the trouble when it can be easily avoided in the first hand?

Even till now, there are people writing useful guides ( be it stage/pvp/customized cilent ) while the other lunia related forum usually have spammy threads which's a tad annoying for anyone with needs.

Last edited by whitepage; 06-11-2009 at 10:23 PM.

06-12-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuniaTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia

Shisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really nice
IGN: Mr. Badass
Level: who need lvl. I cheat.

Critical? Yes, some people on MMOG can be critical but that's usually on techincal details on how the game works. If you find it offensive, personally, I think you are just being too sensitive towards the issue discussed.

In every forum, there are always people who will put you down, tell you what to do and what not to and have high expectations that everyone else will be able to pull out the same standards. But that is their sole opinions. Whenever you post something, people will reply their opinions based on experience and facts based on research. There is nothing wrong with people not feeling the same way as you do. Something top-notch for others may not be top-notch for you. That is human nature.

If you feel being bluntly honest may not be a good thing all the time, so is sugarcoating. Too much sugarcoating and this forum will end up like one of the typical SEA forums with questions like "what is the best char arh?", "why ppl dun like me?". And if you don't set them straight, they will just keep pushing your tolerance limit with more nonsense.

And you do see some people who post here who are not pvp or stage legend. I'm sure I'm not one either.