Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-12-2009   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

1. They all get boring after awhile.
2. The community. Sometimes, I'd rather be playing .hack// again. At least At least fake players are nice.
3. Most MMORPGs that share the same formulas and characteristics and somehow think that just because their game's a 3D MMORPG, it automatically makes it worth playing. It's really rare to come across an MMORPG that has a really creative system that'd be on par with console RPGs. And personally, I'd prefer a 2D one.
4. Cash shop. In all MMORPGs, the items are either temporary, godly (which obviously makes the game cash shop-dependent) or both (-rages at Trickster's MyShop-).
5. The fact that I really can't find one MMORPG I'd really enjoy playing for extended periods of time BESIDES Trickster. -moar rage- Someone please make something similar, but without all the hax MyShop.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-12-2009   #42 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

slarron is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to slarron
IGN: Snuffy
Class: Awesomewizard ^_^ lu_dacy
Level: It goes up all the time :P
Guild: Nötarna (Swedish guild)

well I guess theres alot of hate O.o. keep it up ^^

06-12-2009   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

if you want to play a successful game that doesn't have stuff people can buy to instantly make them a better player and thus in some minds making the game "reliant" on such things (though really you could just play and not compare yourself to joesmo who pays)then you should play a pay to play game. I generally put free games into two categories. Either they are set up to really be "try for free, pay to play" in the sense that you can do pretty much little to nothing w/o paying... these free games are often the type that make you pay to unlock parts of the game. Then there is the "play a gimped version for free, pay to get the real content". It's unrealistic to think that as a free player using up bandwidth, etc that you should have the same wonderful happy time experience that paid members do. If you did, why would anyone pay? To the publishers you are a potential paid member and an another person to keep the paid players happy.

Kitty Empire Forever

06-12-2009   #44 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Hypocrisy will become famous soon enoughHypocrisy will become famous soon enough
IGN: Hypocrisy
Class: Knight
Level: 70+70+6x
Guild: Ti$$tans

Grind that doesn't pay off.

I don't really mind heavy grinds[hell I played MS for 3 years], but if grinding hundreds and hundreds of hours doesn't make me better than the guy next to me, whats the point?

Be honest, we ALL want to be better than "that guy"

06-12-2009   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Reinstating my point that most traditional "Kill Monster-Level Up" MMOs are based on luck and luck can bring you from rags to riches IN AN INSTANT.

Just some personal experiences.

Ragnarok Online:
Card drops, anyone? The moment you get a good one (Skel Worker, Hydra, BOSS CARDS, etc.) you're instantly a few million richer. Oh yeah and rare, slotted equipment and maybe the process of SLOTTING THEM. The price of a +10 Infiltrator multiplies at least fiftyfold when you manage to GET A SLOT INTO IT, LET ALONE GETTING A HOLD OF ONE AND GETTING IT TO +10!.

Seal Online:
Bat Masks! The last time I recall, getting one to +6 from +5 means a 20m price difference. Monster drops need not apply as they have been brought up before. Getting a Craftsman to create your Flaming Tails, too! Good luck with THAT!

Flyff:
Oh. This one's great; the last time I played I got some weird shield off a mid-levelled boss monster and I eventually found out it was worth like 30m. I won't even mention the upgrading system.

Maple Story:
Getting a 10% Scroll to work would mean you'd instantly be 50m richer considering you used one on a level 100 claw or something. Oh and GACHAPON!

Trickster Online:
Matters much more than the other games, obviously; Compounding and Refining. Need I say more?

Which is why I play Pangya now. The only things based on luck are Event Prizes, the Papel Shop and bonus pots when you chip-in, but even those will not affect how well-known you are or the core gameplay. Perhaps the wings or bikinis from Papel Shop probably.

Last edited by Drarin; 06-12-2009 at 08:41 AM.

06-12-2009   #46 (permalink)
Sexy Bish <3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

12 year olds.

/thread