Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Awards Event Winner

Ryrk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryrk
Default Long airplane rides qq

Airplane rides suck. I'm of above average height, so there's hardly any legroom for me. Half of the time there's some screaming baby on the plane, but thankfully most parents try to shush them. The food is disgusting, and the movies are often sub-par.

Not the main problem, though. I just can't sleep again after I wake up, and often finally manage to go to sleep at home at around 2 AM (not late for some of you, but is for me). It's not a huge problem when the flight is like 2-4 hours long, but when its going to be 10.5 hours (this trip) or 13 hours (flight to China), airplane flights suck.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-06-2009   #2 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

this is why they serve alcohol on planes hth

06-06-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

I can never sleep on a plane. Imagine a 13 hour sleepless uncomfortable plane ride.

/sad

06-06-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

I agree completely. I hate long plane rides too.

06-06-2009   #5 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Reminds me of my drive from Texas to Arizona
-chills-
Worst 16 hours of my life.
And then there was the trip back.
(4 people (+ my niece) were in the back with me btw.)

--Frenchbread is

06-06-2009   #6 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
my ears hurt on planes
go to a doctor and get your ears professionally cleaned (seriously)

I did that and now I don't dread plane flights, they used to royally hurt my ears too

06-06-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about

chew gum, yawn..

06-06-2009   #8 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

gum chewing doesn't help some people

every time I flew, I got a serious ear infection afterwards until I got that fixed

06-06-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Or if you're asleep before anything even happens...

06-06-2009   #10 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

Think about how beautiful this world is, how amazing it is, for mankind, to survive this long and to achieve such thing as flying in the sky like birds did for hundreds of thousands of years...And think about how tiny we really are, in this empty universe that's stretching limitlessly...

^ then you'll fall asleep lol

06-06-2009   #11 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsg
Think about how beautiful this world is, how amazing it is, for mankind, to survive this long and to achieve such thing as flying in the sky like birds did for hundreds of thousands of years...And think about how tiny we really are, in this empty universe that's stretching limitlessly...

^ then you'll fall asleep lol
you know I'm a telescope enthusiast who owns two very nice expensive models

perhaps I should make a thread someday about it

fake edit: seeing the andromeda galaxy through a nice scope is rad as hell

06-06-2009   #12 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB

hay ryrk!!

i don tmind plane rides at all... i have really (really) long legs but i always manage to find room for them...
movies always help a great deal on plane rides

06-07-2009   #13 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been on a flight longer than 4 hours, so... I can't relate. Yet. I'm sure I'll hate it, too, if I have to stay in a cramped space for an entire day since my legs won't fit asdfgfd. >_>

06-07-2009   #14 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

i experienced that before as well.
i didn't sleep at all, so i stayed up watching movies..

06-07-2009   #15 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

lol for the moment I thought you were gonna say you got airsick, well yeah its a little hard to sleep in the plane, a little stuffy too if I remember.

06-07-2009   #16 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

I'm kind of used to it having annual flights from the USA to the Philippines, but I can relate to your pain. It sucks when you feel too lazy to stretch from being cramped there all the time. It's really bad to your knees.

06-07-2009   #17 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Same with Kon, we visit my mom in the US every Christmas so I kinda got used to it (16-hour flight). If you want a comfortable position, ask for an aisle seat. It's a blessing every time you have to use the bathroom. Plus, you have a little more leg room~

Oh, and thanks to the irregular sleeping time in flights, I never once experienced jet-lag~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

06-07-2009   #18 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I hate flying in general. So uncomfortable. I'd rather drive to a place.

06-07-2009   #19 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

I went from NYC-->Tokyo on July 21st, 2007. That is also the day that Harry Potter 7 was released in the U.S, so the flight felt like an hour. @_@ Always bring stuff to occupy you. :<

06-07-2009   #20 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Trains are also good. Trains and Cars are good. Planes are a no-no. >.>

But there aren't always lucky coincidences like a really good book be released the day (or day after) your flight. So sometimes the thing you bring to occupy you, really doesn't occupy you.