???

arno is on a distinguished road
IGN: lordarno
Class: Dark Dragon~ to_wizard
Level: 17x/16x
Guild: Synergy! (S!)
Default Nintendo at E3

Nintendo disappointed me this year. :<
I mean, some new games are great, but helllo!, Microsoft and Sony just released their motion controllers to compete with them, and all Nintendo had was a Pulse Monitor?!

The new Wii Motion Plus is great, but can't compare to the Natal and the PS3.. sticks?

People are going to start moving on/forgetting about the Wii, and this makes me sad.

Even their Q&A was a little.. o___o

Short rant is short.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters

Thats because their hardware is pretty much at its limit,you cant really expect them to have anything radical and new.
When you think about it,the PS3 and 360 are just pretty much ripping off the wii in a sense.
What more could nintendo really release?
Their wii-mote and the new motion plus is pretty much all thats needed.
Anything else and it would just be a gimmick,kinda like the pulse monitor.
I for one,am happy with how it ended,i mean,the new Metroid and Golden Sun DS was all that i really needed to hear to make it worth watching and keeping up with.

also,with these games i just mentioned plus the many others they announced/are soon to announce,I really doubt people are going to forget about the wii

06-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)

Nintendo doesn't really...do well at E3...ever.
Everything they do (game wise) is ALWAS TGS, while hardware is more E3.

+ this year Microsoft was on fire with their games/hardware so it made Nintendo look worse.

And Demi...you do know that you cant say MS is ripping off Nintendo, if anyone it would be ripping off Sony because of the Eyetoy about 5-6 years ago?...If it was a remote control i would agree...but there is no remote.

This makes me worry if people will give all credit of virtual reality to Nintendo when the day comes...

06-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Well, I still rank this above Sony's PS3 release debacle... 700US Dollars?! Riiiiidge racerrr!!!

06-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
Out of Line

Sony was boring for the first 45 minutes...all charts...again.
Grats the PS3 is doing better, PS2 still selling...PsP doing ok (but getting destroyed by the DS)....grats...sthu and talk about games now please?.

06-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruxshadows
Nintendo doesn't really...do well at E3...ever.
Everything they do (game wise) is ALWAS TGS, while hardware is more E3.

+ this year Microsoft was on fire with their games/hardware so it made Nintendo look worse.

And Demi...you do know that you cant say MS is ripping off Nintendo, if anyone it would be ripping off Sony because of the Eyetoy about 5-6 years ago?...If it was a remote control i would agree...but there is no remote.

This makes me worry if people will give all credit of virtual reality to Nintendo when the day comes...
mm,i know,i dont mean to say they completely took their idea and made the same thing,its that they got the concept off of them and expanded.
i find it hard to think that sony and ms would start making motion detection controllers if there was no wii to inspire them and get them to think how to combat the popularity of it.
in a sense,maybe sony did start it,but the eye toy was just a motion detection camera,while the wii itself is a motion detector

06-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Kiwixz will become famous soon enoughKiwixz will become famous soon enough
IGN: Kiwixz | Welgaia
Class: Sheep to_soulmaster
Level: K.20x | W.21x
Guild: Symphony

I beg to differ. Nintendo is already releasing WiiMotion+ in a matter of weeks while MS and Sony are just developing their motion controlling methods.. from what was seen in the presentations, MS's Natal and Sony's new ballstickthingie don't really do much to make them different from the WM+ and they're using using more expensive technology to achieve the same end results. :\ Plus, Nintendo finished their motion stuff and are now one step above with the new announcement about the Vitality Sensor.

From Nintendo, I'm quite excited about Golden Sun DS, Metroid and NSMBrosWii. Though there were fewer software than MS and Sony, it's known that E3 for Nintendo means hardware and sale statistics, and TGS is where the company shines in software showing.

06-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Out of Line

TBH you can't even compare what MS is doing to Nintendo and Sony...

MS IS going the way of virtual reality. It will have the power for the game to interact with YOU, not just YOU with the game...

06-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

True,but i dont see that happening till much later on in the future.
If it really happens at all,i can see many things that could go wrong with that.
Right now,Wii is in its own nice little niche and it'll stay there for awhile

06-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
Out of Line

I'm looking at it this way.
Nintendo was the brave one who...made a great console, without the intense graphics, and 1 of a kind controller. The Wii will be around for along time.

The 360 made a normal controller, and high grade graphics, well they are now being the only ones who have made a "add on" that IS virtual reality. MS is making it where there is no need to make a new console for quite some time.

And fyi people...i own a Wii and 360 (so dont bother calling me a 360 fanboy, im getting a PS3 once the price isn't so lol)

06-03-2009   #11 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with the Wii is there's no good games for it outside of the ones Nintendo makes. Over half of their game sales are made from their own dev teams, which makes the Nintendo console seem like some premium offshoot of console gaming, like it's HBO or AOL because you are basically paying for the stuff Nintendo makes. This is what makes the Wii situation depressing: outside of the games Nintendo makes, there's next to nothing worthwhile on the system. You could place the blame on developers who make terrible Wii Sports knockoffs which lack the gamplay depth of the flash games you find on Yahoo! Games, which severely hurts it's credibility among actual gamers. The only reason why these awful games are still being made is because there's enough dumb moms and easily amused geriatrics out there to keep supporting them.

06-03-2009   #12 (permalink)
Out of Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
The problem with the Wii is there's no good games for it outside of the ones Nintendo makes. Over half of their game sales are made from their own dev teams, which makes the Nintendo console seem like some premium offshoot of console gaming, like it's HBO or AOL because you are basically paying for the stuff Nintendo makes. This is what makes the Wii situation depressing: outside of the games Nintendo makes, there's next to nothing worthwhile on the system. You could place the blame on developers who make terrible Wii Sports knockoffs which lack the gamplay depth of the flash games you find on Yahoo! Games, which severely hurts it's credibility among actual gamers. The only reason why these awful games are still being made is because there's enough dumb moms and easily amused geriatrics out there to keep supporting them.
Not fully true...
No More Heroes 2 is on the way out, it was a top seller and amazingly fun (the first one).

But for the most part yeah...80%+ of the 3rd party games are lacking what they have on other consoles...fun.

06-03-2009   #13 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

It's completely true. Most people would have a hard time listing off 10 good Wii games that are 3rd party and of comparable quality to the stuff on other consoles, because the Wii ports of Call of Duty and Dead Rising are good compared to Wii Bass Fishing, but far inferior to their 360 and PS3 counterparts.

06-03-2009   #14 (permalink)
Out of Line

Oh i mean that its not fully true that none are being made.
NMH2. Kingdom Hearts....sadly the list isn't much longer >_>

06-03-2009   #15 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

i've got enough from nintendo

Super Mario Galaxy 2
NSMB Wii
Golden Sun DS
Metroid: Other M
Wii Motion Plus

i'm happy

06-03-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Endgame has a spectacular aura aboutEndgame has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The problem with the Wii is there's no good games for it outside of the ones Nintendo makes.
And the problem with the 360 and PS3 is that there are no good games for them PERIOD. Except for Mega Man 9, but guess what other system it's on? (Hell, it's Wii only in Japan.)

Face it, console gaming is practically dead. Be it "GRAFIX = EVERYTHING!!11!1!11111!!", mostly in the form of YET ANOTHER SHOOTER on the PS3 and 360, or Wii Stupid Gimick and Mini-game collection made in a week for a quick cash in #2313212342 on the Wii.

.....At least Nintendo seems to be acknowledging that they've been on a sucking spree (see: Mario Party 8, Radiant Dawn, Brawl, yes, you heard me, BRAWL! MKWii, Wii Fit, Wii Music, etc.) and are going back to the last thing they've done right: Super Mario Galaxy.

Speaking of Super Mario Galaxy 2, why are all the ****ing morons bashing on Nintendo for releasing a sequel, then proceeding to praise Bioshock 2 and GoW3? Or is that idiocy just limited to GameFAQs? (Wouldn't surprise me, really.)

06-03-2009   #17 (permalink)
Out of Line

Fanboy much?.

Not everyone wants chibi looking games you know. I myself enjoy Nintendo, but coming out and making it sound like the 360 and PS3 are totally useless and are only about graphics is the biggest lol I've ever read on here.

You sir just made me laugh beyond belief.

Just because a game has good graphics, doesn't mean it is only about that. Mass Effect has an epic story line, as does games like most Final Fantasy games, God of War does have a big story, and the graphics are sub par. Bioshock (take aim at me, but you don't know much of the 1st do you?). Elder Scrolls titles. F.E.A.R...list goes on.

Last edited by Spectre; 06-03-2009 at 01:27 PM.

06-03-2009   #18 (permalink)
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame
And the problem with the 360 and PS3 is that there are no good games for them PERIOD.
This is only true if you dislike first person shooters, third person shooters, RPGs, SRPGs, racing games, sports titles, any action adventure game that doesn't involve Link, and any platformer that doesn't involve Mario.

06-03-2009   #19 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
This is only true if you dislike first person shooters, third person shooters, RPGs, SRPGs, racing games, sports titles, any action adventure game that doesn't involve Link, and any platformer that doesn't involve Mario.
You forgot Sonic. Last time I checked he works with Mario now sometimes, but then I quit console gaming during the Ps2/Xbox era.

06-03-2009   #20 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

I remember when Nintendo probably brought some people to tears with footage from Twilight Princess. And that year they also announced the DS and some extremely awesome 1st party games(Paper Mario 2, Pogeymanz) Not really much to look forward to from them now..