LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-03-2009   #21 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

If you don't like the genre, you can't label the game as bad. This actually really ticks me off, cause it's just so ignorant and happens in my community so much. A lot of people I know just think of "ACTION & FPS = GOOD GAME, EVERY OTHER GENRE SUCKS SO THEIR GAMES SUCK".

The Vitality thing seems out right retarded. Why the hell are people trying to turn consoles into something they're not?

Nintendo underpowered the Wii just too much, to the point that ports from other consoles are mostly terrible, just because the technology the Wii has is likely weaker than a bloody PS2. Trying to develop a decent game on the Wii is like trying to create a good game right now that runs great on a P4 computer.

Natal sounds great, but seems really unpractical at the time being, cost, actual functionality, space... If it works well, definately a step above Wii's motion sensor though.

PS3's ball motion controller.....Well...It's just the Wii controller ported to the PS3 it seems.

Golden Sun DS seems like a surefire hit, SMG2 NSMB Wii, and Metroid Other M are very like to do well too. SMG2 doesn't appeal to me though, I don't know why people liked it so much. You hardly used power ups, fighting bowser in the exact same way 18474314920 times wasn't fun, the sandbox feeling was fun, but it was in actuality kinda linear, shitty replay value. NSMB doesn't sound like it'd work to me, Competitive CO-OP? You screw each other over while helping each other.

The genres that work for consoles work infinately better than PC, unless you're willing to put some extra money for some accessories, if they're available. Vice versa applies though, except consoles can't really cover up with accessories.

The Wii shouldn't really be your primary console, it just lacks the sheer power and amount of games. It's amazingly fun with a group of friends though. No, not online, multiplayer on one console. Remember those 4P SSBM days? Yeah.

At least Nintendo's DS is still doing really well. Just wait for the next Zelda announcement on the Wii next year.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-03-2009   #22 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiGodDanzig
I for one,am happy with how it ended,i mean,the new Metroid and Golden Sun DS was all that i really needed to hear to make it worth watching and keeping up with.

Havent recently found and replayed both Golden Sun and The Lost Age in the last few weeks, this is all I need from E3 this year to make me joygasm in utter glee 6 years after TLA, we finally have closure!

モノノ怪

06-03-2009   #23 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)

No no, sonic games are still on the Ps3 and 360. Best of all its the classic box set, has ALL the 90's Sonic classics on one disk...fail....

06-03-2009   #24 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Sanctus has a spectacular aura aboutSanctus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Syora

@ Crux.
Yeah, Sega has games on both Ps2 and 360.
Pictures below in links.
http://theretroist.com/wp-content/up...1120sugc09.jpg
Ps2
http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/p...zed/sega01.jpg

I believe the 360 one is better, and for a great price,
I got it for 20 dollars, and it has streets of rage 1, 2 and 3.
Golden Ax 1 and 2.
ALOT of Sonic games.
And a bunch of other RPGs and stuff.

06-03-2009   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Hypocrisy will become famous soon enoughHypocrisy will become famous soon enough
IGN: Hypocrisy
Class: Knight
Level: 70+70+6x
Guild: Ti$$tans

Here's some games to look forward to this year

Monster Hunter 3[omgwtfhax]
Red Steel 2 with wiimotion+
Fatal Frame IV
Tales of Graces
NoMoreHeroes2
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Icarian: Kindred Spirits [kid icarus2?]
Dragon Quest X

Most of these have good reviews on their JP releases.

Oyea and a whole mess of wiiware titles.

I want the Wii to succeed, I really do. But it's inconsistent release of good games is killing it for me and a whole lot of people. Hopefully MonsterHunter3 will bring he amount of players it's PSP predecessors had.

Last edited by Hypocrisy; 06-03-2009 at 03:14 PM.

06-03-2009   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
The problem with the Wii is there's no good games for it outside of the ones Nintendo makes. Over half of their game sales are made from their own dev teams, which makes the Nintendo console seem like some premium offshoot of console gaming, like it's HBO or AOL because you are basically paying for the stuff Nintendo makes. This is what makes the Wii situation depressing: outside of the games Nintendo makes, there's next to nothing worthwhile on the system. You could place the blame on developers who make terrible Wii Sports knockoffs which lack the gamplay depth of the flash games you find on Yahoo! Games, which severely hurts it's credibility among actual gamers. The only reason why these awful games are still being made is because there's enough dumb moms and easily amused geriatrics out there to keep supporting them.
Quote:
It's completely true. Most people would have a hard time listing off 10 good Wii games that are 3rd party and of comparable quality to the stuff on other consoles, because the Wii ports of Call of Duty and Dead Rising are good compared to Wii Bass Fishing, but far inferior to their 360 and PS3 counterparts.
So very true. I used to think that only the Wii would have the kind of games that I would play, but right now all l I want is Bayonetta, Disgaea 3 and Katamari Tribute which are all on the Playstation 3.

Looks like Nintendo's shovelware gimmick is dying out soon. Hopefully this will bring gaming back on track.

06-03-2009   #27 (permalink)
Out of Line

Here is my opinion...
Nintendo started out amazingly strong, everyone bought a Wii, now that the numbers are so far ahead of MS and Sony, it seems they care less. MS and Sony are now catching up to Nintendo, and really showing what they are made of...It's Nintendo's move now, they need to do something big, or get left behind like last gen.

06-03-2009   #28 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Nintendo is more marketed to casual players, adults, and females instead of only just focusing on teenagers now. Thus, they would try to incorporate weird and piss-easy games that would try to satisfy this particular group of target audience.
To Nintendo, this seems to be a success when you see that WiiFit is selling more than Halo 3.

I hope Nintendo will change soon in the future.

06-03-2009   #29 (permalink)
Out of Line

You can't say that MS and Sony ONLY focus on teenagers...they have admitted over the years that a large market IS girls, a large market IS people of the age 25+.
Just because you have a package or are above the age of say 20, doesn't mean you stop enjoying GoW, Halo, Call of Duty, BioShock...etcetc.

06-03-2009   #30 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruxshadows
You can't say that MS and Sony ONLY focus on teenagers...they have admitted over the years that a large market IS girls, a large market IS people of the age 25+.
Just because you have a package or are above the age of say 20, doesn't mean you stop enjoying GoW, Halo, Call of Duty, BioShock...etcetc.
Because iFart said that Nintendo mainly targets younger teens and girls doesn't imply anything you just said.

06-03-2009   #31 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocrisy
Here's some games to look forward to this year

Monster Hunter 3[omgwtfhax]
Red Steel 2 with wiimotion+
Fatal Frame IV
Tales of Graces
NoMoreHeroes2
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Icarian: Kindred Spirits [kid icarus2?]
Dragon Quest X
Hell no. HELL NO. God damn, Red Steel 1 was PISS HORRIBLE. The glitchiest piece of crap ever released, fail sword fights, ugh. The only DECENT part at the time was the guns and combat involving guns. I don't know what the hell inspired Ubi to make a damn sequel when their first was so bad.

06-03-2009   #32 (permalink)
Out of Line

I'm not talking about Nintendo?. As he said "instead of only just focusing on teenagers" , making it sound like Sony and MS only focus on teenagers...?you follow now?

06-03-2009   #33 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruxshadows
I'm not talking about Nintendo?. As he said "instead of only just focusing on teenagers" , making it sound like Sony and MS only focus on teenagers...?you follow now?
It implies that Nintendo previously only targeted teenagers, grammatically anyhow. The "now" at the end of that sentence is what distinguishes from what you inferred and what the guy probably meant.

Nintendo still has a decent fanbase in Japan still. Many of the Japanese teenagers doesn't touch Sony Play stations until their late or mid Middle School ages. I guess those cartoonish graphics attracts younger players better than the seriousness of Xbox or PS3.

06-03-2009   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

I saw like two 360s while in Japan. Really not a very popular console there, at least from what I saw.

06-03-2009   #35 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Hell no. HELL NO. God damn, Red Steel 1 was PISS HORRIBLE. The glitchiest piece of crap ever released, fail sword fights, ugh. The only DECENT part at the time was the guns and combat involving guns. I don't know what the hell inspired Ubi to make a damn sequel when their first was so bad.
Even then, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles did a better job with the melee combat. Swinging the wiimote like a maniac while being picked up by a tyrant and cleaving out a new artery is good fun. That, and it's possible to play through the storylines of four RE games within two hours. Trying to score dozens of headshots in a city full of zombies on the RE:CV level and having big crowds of enemies also makes me wonder what kind of piss poor excuse the Dead Rising team had when they put in only 4 enemies per screen.

06-04-2009   #36 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Quote:
It's completely true. Most people would have a hard time listing off 10 good Wii games that are 3rd party and of comparable quality to the stuff on other consoles, because the Wii ports of Call of Duty and Dead Rising are good compared to Wii Bass Fishing, but far inferior to their 360 and PS3 counterparts.
Ten? I can barely list five...

I'm one of the ones who bought into the 'oh it 's different lets give it a shot' of Wii, and regretted it. M$ and $ony put on a decent showing. Many bought into the Wii initially as it was a 'oo, new gimmick'. Many are now realizing it for what it is; a GIMMICK, and not anything long term solid. You can wax your 56k modem all you like, it ain't going any faster. Same with the Wii, you can push last gen grade hardware all you like, it's going to still look horrid next to God of War 3 or what not.

Not to sound like a graphics ***** but you get my point. The Wii sold on a truckload of hype and gimmick, and not much else. There is NOTHING on Wii that couldn't have been done using traditional controls on PS3 or 360 and be superior on far better hardware. Except maybe Trauma Center, which was originally a DS game.

With the effective 'F you' to the hardcore gamer group that N effectively has said, i'll be interested to see where they stand with this 'wiimotion+'. Those who were originally burnt by the gimmick aren't buying into it again.

Last edited by Shirakani; 06-04-2009 at 01:12 AM.

06-04-2009   #37 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

MikeJ15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani
Ten? I can barely list five...

I'm one of the ones who bought into the 'oh it 's different lets give it a shot' of Wii, and regretted it. M$ and $ony put on a decent showing. Many bought into the Wii initially as it was a 'oo, new gimmick'. Many are now realizing it for what it is; a GIMMICK, and not anything long term solid. You can wax your 56k modem all you like, it ain't going any faster. Same with the Wii, you can push last gen grade hardware all you like, it's going to still look horrid next to God of War 3 or what not.

Not to sound like a graphics ***** but you get my point. The Wii sold on a truckload of hype and gimmick, and not much else. There is NOTHING on Wii that couldn't have been done using traditional controls on PS3 or 360 and be superior on far better hardware. Except maybe Trauma Center, which was originally a DS game.

With the effective 'F you' to the hardcore gamer group that N effectively has said, i'll be interested to see where they stand with this 'wiimotion+'. Those who were originally burnt by the gimmick aren't buying into it again.
The wii IS a new way to play. MS and Sony fail at motion control (Eye Toy anyone?). While the 3rd party games are utter crap, the games from Nintendo are really good. The Wii was directed towards casual gamers, so those hardcore gamers out there should not be whining :3

I hated MS E3. Just more FPS *sigh*

At least Nintendo is more original than Sony and MS <_<

06-04-2009   #38 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

Crux you need to calm down, every time someone makes a comment that doesn't praise all of the systems, you get so defensive. "fanboy much?"

06-04-2009   #39 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ15
The wii IS a new way to play. MS and Sony fail at motion control (Eye Toy anyone?). While the 3rd party games are utter crap, the games from Nintendo are really good. The Wii was directed towards casual gamers, so those hardcore gamers out there should not be whining :3

I hated MS E3. Just more FPS *sigh*

At least Nintendo is more original than Sony and MS <_<

Uh, yeah, hello. From what Ive observed, the vast majority of people that complain about Wii's shitty games are hardcore gamers that play all those super popular games on the PS3 and 360. Im not pointing out anyone here, thats mainly just a generalized statement. People need to realize that Nintendo mainly focuses on everyone, ranging from little kids to the elderly, so most of their games can be rather questionable on many counts to the more hardcore populace.

モノノ怪

06-04-2009   #40 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

people remember nintendo as the best developers ever because when they played it as a child it was awesome. they fail to realize that they played it as a CHILD, which is one of the groups nintendo focuses on. now that we're all grown up, and have a need for more hardcore games, we should move on to the big bad Sony/Microsoft