Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default [Lunia] Balanced is the fail.

Honestly. It is. A few people think it became better because x9 characters are not overpowered as they were pre-patch. This is true. But, they also did some unnecessary buffing to Yuki and Krieg.

How is doing 400-600 damage with:
  • Ice Rain Storm (500)
  • Ice Pillar (300-350)
  • Ice Dragon (500-600)
  • Ice Fist (250-350)
  • Ice Bullet (300-350)
  • Ice Dragon's Heart (100-200 per tick)

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I know this is more "BAW QQ WTFWHINELOLZ"...but it's still true nonetheless. Now, for Krieg. <_<;

Krieg's OP skills:
  • Super Force (900-1,300)
  • Krieg's Dfist (1,000-1,200)
  • Fire Crush (700-900)
  • Whirlwind Hammers *when he spins rapidly* (100-130 per hit)
  • Boomerang Hammers (200-300 per hit...usually hits 2-4 times per hammer)
  • Super Strength *when Krieg swings his hammers in a cross animation once with each hammer* (200-400 depending on level)

Something is obviously wrong here.

As most have said, PvP is now completely pointless, except for the "LOLIRSPAMBETTURTHANYOOWIFTEHRBZ" battlefield rooms. PvP was the one thing about Lunia that actually had multiple enjoyable elements. Now it's just...broken and pathetic.

Why can't Allm wake up and realize that the ONLY way(s) to fix this would be:
  • Give everyone that is in Balance a shitload of HP. (The only problem with this is that the high damage characters would still win. A Yuki that does 300-500 per skill can take out 15k~ HP faster than a Sieg/Tia/Eir could.
  • Give everyone in Balanced_PvP a huge defense addition that would reduce all elemental and physical damage drastically. This would cause people to stop spamming, or most anyways, and encourage people to combo and do more resets, thus, more skill required.

All I can think of at the moment.

tl;dr -- Balanced needs to be fixed...and fast. <_<;

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Melancholy is on a distinguished road

I do Battlefield for titles am I a LOLIRSPAMBETTURTHANYOOWIFTEHRBZ? T-T

06-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Well, I agree that Yuki is even more absurd now than she was before. I was not expecting her to get a damage boost since she was already the easiest and most damaging class in PvP. Teleport in your enemy's vicinity and spam your gauntlet of 360, multi-hit skills.

Now I agree outright that Krieg's buff on Comet, Super strength and boomerang are a bit much. It's only a couple hundred on each skill but it makes a difference.

1,000 ton pendulum, whirlwind, Revival, Party HP heal, Party MP Heal, Hammer scratch, Hammer blast, Force, Repel, all of these needed a boost and happily, got one.

Physical strength was not boosted to my knowledge, as it is Krieg's primary combo skill, it is like his crosscut. (Though obviously kicking is Sieg's primary but CC is maxed more often than kicking)

Fire crush also was not boosted to my knowledge. I've always been able to hit 700 damage though I think it may have, I haven't looked at the damage on it since I only use it for slow.

Before the patch, I often discussed with other players in PvP on how pathetically weak Krieg was. More often than not if it was a player who didn't just not know how to kill a Krieg he/she would agree. Now Krieg is not horrendously weak which is something you'd expect from the massive size of his hammers. Overpowered? Not anymore so than any other character in this game.

We have gotten to the point where overpowered now is balanced. All the characters have ABSURD damage outputs and you know.. it's not that bad. I know what Allm is going for, they want the PvP to seem more like a fighting game.

Taking an awesome fighter like Third strike or MBAC(AA) it only takes 2-3 good combos to kill the other player. Between those, you only need to guess their ground game right a couple times.

My problem with the idea of scaling Lunia to be more like a typical fighter is that in Lunia there are certain ways to really enhance your chance to succeed in a first hit over another player. This sort of thing can cause imbalance. Along with that there are still ways to 1 combo kill a player, I always deem 1 hit kill combos as wrong unless they did some really bad ass and intuitive combo to kill me.

I have several ways in my head to balance PvP more but alas, it requires a alteration of some in-game mechanics.

Still, PvP is more balanced now than it was before. All characters can kill another character just as fast as the other. Maybe Yuki being an exception-- because I hate her, just because of how easy she is to use.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

06-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

My Full Support Eir... got absolutely demolished with this patch Q.Q

It might be balanced for others but... I just got completely owned.

GIMME BACK MY x5 DOWN ATTACK!!!

06-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperXMeeRee

Instead of x5, you have a reset which is absurdly godly.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

06-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Quote:

o i vaguely remember reading that space was still the same amount of damage, except it represented 2x your damage range instead of 5x your basic attack damage.

06-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

No, space does less damage now. Before, i used to kill everything in CM with (skill) or AAS > down attacks. Now, it's better to just use AAAAA on my eir, cause it takes around 3-5 down attacks to kill them.

and seriously, if you're FS, the down attack reset doesn't do much.
I would MUCH rather prefer x5 again, as my base damage was solely from combo'ing.

I'm pretty sure if i practice enough, It would benefit me later on but... I'd have to change my play tactic, and bleh.
Such a pain T.T

...good bye... downattack... forever.

06-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

^Hence why FS is the suck.

06-03-2009   #9 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
No, space does less damage now. Before, i used to kill everything in CM with (skill) or AAS > down attacks. Now, it's better to just use AAAAA on my eir, cause it takes around 3-5 down attacks to kill them.

and seriously, if you're FS, the down attack reset doesn't do much.
I would MUCH rather prefer x5 again, as my base damage was solely from combo'ing.

I'm pretty sure if i practice enough, It would benefit me later on but... I'd have to change my play tactic, and bleh.
Such a pain T.T

...good bye... downattack... forever.
I have to agree with this. The old down attack does x5 the damages which helps alot if you're an FS eir. Lmao..

Having the new down-attack patch is not so great since I seriously need to practice the new dwn-attack combo thing which apparently doesn't work in PF... Whats the matter with that?! BAH...

now my dwn attack does 200+ instead of 300~400dmg.. ;-;

06-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Level: 75 RB

I kinda agree with you.
I hate it when I'm facing a Krieg (or yuki or ryan for that matter), and I have em on the run for about 2 minutes... get em with whirlings word, nadoes, dfist, and a bunch of other things, and next thing I know i make 1 lousy mistake, they do some combo that lasts about 2 seconds and they took off just as much life as me.... SOOOO annoying.

06-03-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Maybe they will get a hint once everyone starts making these 2 characters and ONLY these 2?

06-03-2009   #12 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

I don't know if klunia staff play lunia themself, but they should at least check some pvps to get a feeling of what they should do to balance everything

but then again they must have watched some pvps or else they'd have no idea what they're doing...
...which means they're failing to see that balance isnt really balanced right now even after watching the pvps...

oh god I was supposed to bring some positive comments to this rant but apparently I failed lol
let's hope time will fix everything? XD

edit: kk I'll try to comment a bit on the current pvp situation

by the look of it they're trying to boost everyone's damage so that every char could do one hit ko combos (or two hits ko), thinking that this'll balance everything.

But they didnt understand that pvp is about more than just comboing. It's also about how to lure, how to catch and how to play offensively and defensively using various strategies. By boosting everyone's dmg, you basically don't even need strategies anymore: just use your luck, if you're lucky you kill the opponent, if not you die immediately.

which is why IMO it's way more fun, fair and BALANCED if I need to catch my enemy 5 times to kill him instead of one time, because then I'll know that I really have the necessary skill to win a match (because that's what pvp is all about right? comparing skills?).

so the solution I suggest: do the exact opposite of what allm is doing right now. Nerf all dmg in balance lol (or boost hp but I think nerfing dmg reduces better the dmg difference between chars)

Last edited by flsg; 06-03-2009 at 07:28 PM.

06-03-2009   #13 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Seriously.

Sooner or later, free will be more balanced than "balanced"

06-03-2009   #14 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

I say, blame myth.

All the skills got buffed cause myth mobs have too much HP.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

06-08-2009   #15 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58
Guild: DashAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
I have to agree with this. The old down attack does x5 the damages which helps alot if you're an FS eir. Lmao..

Having the new down-attack patch is not so great since I seriously need to practice the new dwn-attack combo thing which apparently doesn't work in PF... Whats the matter with that?! BAH...

now my dwn attack does 200+ instead of 300~400dmg.. ;-;
I had max BB and did 1k spaces on my eir pre-patch `-`

i tried it again after patch and i did 200 ;-;

so i skill resetted

also new space timing is HAAAAAAAAARD.

I kinda agree to the unnecessary buffing. But sometimes with Ryan out its nice to be able to kill them in 3 hits lol

06-08-2009   #16 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Space timing is easy for me. o.o