Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty
Default **** you Windows.

**** you.
"Windows could not restore your computer to restore point please run system restore and select another restore point"

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Looks like you got shot by a virus. At least you didn't have to reformat like me D=.

06-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Looks like you got shot by a virus. At least you didn't have to reformat like me D=.
Sadly there isn't a virus, SDGO stopped working after I woke up and now it wont restore to any restore point I have. Googles lovely answer to fixing this is "delete all restore points then create a new one." Funny how I want to restore to try to get SDGO working again so I don't have to back up my main hard drive and every registry entry for the games I'd be copying onto the other drive.

06-01-2009   #4 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Restore points were fail since they were created.
Easily deleted, don't always fix the problem...

I would always recommend a complete pc backup rather then these fragile restore points. (if you can)

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

06-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Ever since System Restore put a shortcut to a game that I had uninstalled on the desktop, but didn't reinstall the game itself, I decided it was not useful.

06-01-2009   #6 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
Sadly there isn't a virus, SDGO stopped working after I woke up and now it wont restore to any restore point I have. Googles lovely answer to fixing this is "delete all restore points then create a new one." Funny how I want to restore to try to get SDGO working again so I don't have to back up my main hard drive and every registry entry for the games I'd be copying onto the other drive.
Convert to macs.

06-01-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Do you have ad-aware installed?

06-01-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Ever since System Restore put a shortcut to a game that I had uninstalled on the desktop, but didn't reinstall the game itself, I decided it was not useful.
If you read the system restore description, that should not have been a surprise...

In other news: switch to a Linux based system. yay free. Not sure if it'll run with wine, though. You can try it out =D

06-01-2009   #9 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
If you read the system restore description, that should not have been a surprise...

In other news: switch to a Linux based system. yay free. Not sure if it'll run with wine, though. You can try it out =D
That was when I was a nub. But I still see no use for it. I'd rather just backup and reformat my computer than system restore. I just see it as a pain.

06-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drarin
Do you have ad-aware installed?
Aye, it didn't find anything, neither did CCleaner or Spybot S&D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Convert to macs.
Ahahahaha, no. Still backing up my main hard drive(music, CoD4, some other games, movies etc.).

06-02-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Aye, it didn't find anything, neither did CCleaner or Spybot S&D.

Ahahahaha, no. Still backing up my main hard drive(music, CoD4, some other games, movies etc.).
Ad-aware is the one that causes System Restore to go kapoot. Personal experience here. I don't know if uninstalling it or not will help though, I had to reformat already at that time.

06-02-2009   #12 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Meh took three formats to fix it since I had backed up my registry files for my games and that made the pc go into a constant reboot cycle.