League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-30-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

MikeJ15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Semi-Rant

This is more of an annoyance.

So I have a friends house that I go over to every 2-3 weeks. I usually go places with him like amusment parks and whatnot, or just play his Wii/PS3 while im there.

Well one week, he invited one of his "older" friends over *cough* 57 years *cough*.

We got into a heated debate about weed being legalized. He was for it, and I was against. Well, I won said debate, and he STILL wont shutup!

I mean I made very valid points to him, and he is just........like a 8 year old kid ignoring me and waiting for what he says next. I mean, im 16, and hes 57. I swear to god I have never met a more immature person in my life.

Even after I left and came back that next weekend, he purposly bought over weed JUST to annoy me. (Of course my friend kicks him outside while hes smoking it, gotta obey the law ;D) My friend recently told the guy that they cant be friends anymore, and that was that, yet he STILL comes walking buy the house just looking at it when I am there. I think hes mad that he lost a little debate, but he really need to chill out.

Grow up dude.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-30-2009   #2 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ15
This is more of an annoyance.

So I have a friends house that I go over to every 2-3 weeks. I usually go places with him like amusment parks and whatnot, or just play his Wii/PS3 while im there.

Well one week, he invited one of his "older" friends over *cough* 57 years *cough*.

We got into a heated debate about weed being legalized. He was for it, and I was against. Well, I won said debate, and he STILL wont shutup!

I mean I made very valid points to him, and he is just........like a 8 year old kid ignoring me and waiting for what he says next. I mean, im 16, and hes 57. I swear to god I have never met a more immature person in my life.

Even after I left and came back that next weekend, he purposly bought over weed JUST to annoy me. (Of course my friend kicks him outside while hes smoking it, gotta obey the law ;D) My friend recently told the guy that they cant be friends anymore, and that was that, yet he STILL comes walking buy the house just looking at it when I am there. I think hes mad that he lost a little debate, but he really need to chill out.

Grow up dude.
I'm 21 and I have friends with age ranges from 12 to 97.

05-30-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
I'm 21 and I have friends with age ranges from 12 to 97.
Well, my friend is 15 soooo.....

I dont know, its just odd. I have no idea where or how he met him.

05-30-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Why would you even argue with a pot-head? Never mind his age x.x

05-30-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARE1337
Why would you even argue with a pot-head? Never mind his age x.x
I dont even know.

Its just what he was saying......god you should have heard him. You just wanted to smack him across the face. I mean, he was saying things like:

"Weed can cure cancer, people just dont know it blah blah"

".....Ya I know you can get drunk off of weed but.....(-.-)"

"Try it, people can sometimes not be gay when they do"

I am bi and so is my friend, so thats why that last one came up.

Ugh, its just........ugh.

05-30-2009   #6 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

Oh god I can just imagine that debate right now.

:"Weed feels good, bro"

:"Weed kills braincells"

:"When you're high you're like on higher spectrum of thinking, man. It like...feels good, bro"

:"You've obviously haven't seen those commercials on television. Looks like I won this debate "

:"You're just a conformist, man. Stop listening to the man, man"

Last edited by MsSquid; 05-30-2009 at 11:56 AM.

05-30-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice
Oh god I can just imagine that debate right now.

"Weed feels good, bro"

"Weed kills braincells"

"When you're high you're like on higher spectrum of thinking, man. It like...feels good, bro"

"You've obviously haven't seen those commercials on television. Looks like I won this debate "

"You're just a conformist, man. Stop listening to the man, man"
I swear he was high when he was debating with me.

Its not really that he was for weed that was annoying me, its just how ignorant he was.

I think he just confirmed why weed should stay illegal.

Oh get this! He believed that weed would stop all the wars! He thinks that if everyone smoked weed, everyone would be all "high" and would feel happy all the time and not provoke any wars.

This guy.......is such a awsome guy to practice your arguments with. I can guarentee you would win an arguent over Potato Chips with him.

05-30-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Quote:
Oh get this! He believed that weed would stop all the wars! He thinks that if everyone smoked weed, everyone would be all "high" and would feel happy all the time and not provoke any wars.
Strictly speaking, that would be true since wars can't be fought when everyone is incapacitated. But on the same note, nothing would get done, either.

05-30-2009   #9 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
I swear he was high when he was debating with me.

Its not really that he was for weed that was annoying me, its just how ignorant he was.

I think he just confirmed why weed should stay illegal.

This guy.......is such a awsome guy to practice your arguments with. I can guarentee you would win an arguent over Potato Chips with him.
I'm going to side with the old codger. You need to listen to some Bob Marley, weed in moderation(like all things) isn't as bad as you make it out to be. As for the bit about wars, I agree. Do you have a better alternative to make the world chill the hell out?

05-30-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
I'm going to side with the old codger. You need to listen to some Bob Marley, weed in moderation(like all things) isn't as bad as you make it out to be. As for the bit about wars, I agree. Do you have a better alternative to make the world chill the hell out?
It isnt as good as you think either ;D

I am not here to argue about weed, I already won that debate in school ;D

Anyways, it was more of the fact that he was just.....stupid.

Besides, on more of a personal note, being healthy and fit is a better feeling than any "drug" may make you feel ;D

05-30-2009   #11 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Quote:
It isnt as good as you think either ;D
That's funny seeing as I got more enjoyment being high than from some of the best moments in my life or gaming. As well as being able to recall them better than those good moments in life.
Quote:
I am not here to argue about weed, I already won that debate in school ;D

Anyways, it was more of the fact that he was just.....stupid.
Winning a debate in school doesn't mean a thing in the real world. I suppose it was stupid then also when people wanted alcohol to no longer be under prohibition or whatever it was in like the 1800s or whenever it was.

Last edited by Metty; 05-30-2009 at 05:16 PM.

05-30-2009   #12 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
weed/alcohol/drugs.

we take them to ease out the stress in our life. it allows people to experience something else rather than reality.

basically, there are many people who do these things because reality is pretty shitty (especially if you're single and have trouble with getting a partner):
Wake up
Work (Stress)
Arrive home
Sleep
Repeat until you die.

Very limited, there aren't many things you can do in life.
That's why people turn to parties, drugs, alcohol, or anything else.

I don't do drugs or smoke, but I can see where people who do them are coming from.
I bet life would be awesome if we could fly, had super strength, could travel in time, had super speed, invisibility and all that crap =D.

Weed would work to stop all wars, sad as it is, lol...You WOULD be incapacitated, and you'd be too high to think about fighting. It'd be all "....haaaaaaaaaaa so duuuuuuuuude i'm sooooooryyyyyy bout nukinnn yo country, peace treaaaaty???"
"sureeeee bro! HIGH FIVE!!!!!"

05-30-2009   #13 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
I bet life would be awesome if we could fly, had super strength, could travel in time, had super speed, invisibility and all that crap =D.

Weed would work to stop all wars, sad as it is, lol...You WOULD be incapacitated, and you'd be too high to think about fighting. It'd be all "....haaaaaaaaaaa so duuuuuuuuude i'm sooooooryyyyyy bout nukinnn yo country, peace treaaaaty???"
"sureeeee bro! HIGH FIVE!!!!!"
Followed shortly by:
"Duuuuude I gots me the munchies!"
"Me too dude! Lets go hit up that taco stand!"

05-30-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
That's funny seeing as I got more enjoyment being high than from some of the best moments in my life or gaming. As well as being able to recall them better than those good moments in life.

Winning a debate in school doesn't mean a thing in the real world. I suppose it was stupid then also when people wanted alcohol to no longer be under prohibition or whatever it was in like the 1800s or whenever it was.
Thats also very funny. Some of my friends quit smoking weed. Sure they got that "high" feeling, however they felt much better when they tried to make there lives work and picked themselves up. My mother also quit because I got her to start eating right and exercising every day with me. Its funny how people escape to a "drug" to ease there life.

Winning a debate means alot more than you think. A croud of about 2500-3000 people is a significant portion. It IS real life, just from a different perspective. *Plays ego card*Oh and did I mention I had several of my states congress attend? It was a very big deal.

That prohibition was utter crap. It was issued by a half corrupt congress. Lets just say they "initianted this ban at the wrong place at the wrong time. Had it been a little sooner/later, then it would not nearly have been violent as it was.

Heres a Loop-Hole in that war thing. What if people dont like it and dont want to smoke weed? Its not like weed just "erases" everything. We would still have WHAAAAAAR!

Im sorry, I didnt want to start this thing. I should have never mentioned the weed argument ._.

So any further response about weed I wont reply to. I dont want to argue right now. I hate arguing.

05-30-2009   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
idk, those are only a few examples though

eh those two sentences are kind of conflicting.

so you love to debate(this is assuming you are part of a debate club), but hate arguing?

kind of shows what kind of debates you participate in.
A debate and an arguement are 2 different things mind you ;D

I hate arguing, yet I love debating.

PS: While they may be a few examples, they are not the only examples. ;D

05-31-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Lots of rules in debates.. So you like rules to abide to?

On an unrelated note, I like arguments, but not arguing.
(Wonders if people will get what I mean.)

06-01-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
Lots of rules in debates.. So you like rules to abide to?

On an unrelated note, I like arguments, but not arguing.
(Wonders if people will get what I mean.)
If you mean I like abiding by rules, then yes I do X_X
If you didnt mean that then....uhhh...x_X

I get what you mean. You like seeing arguments, but not get in between them.

06-01-2009   #18 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
A debate and an arguement are 2 different things mind you ;D

I hate arguing, yet I love debating.

PS: While they may be a few examples, they are not the only examples. ;D
Quote:
Debate or debating is a formal method of interactive and representational argument.
~Wikipedia

Quote:

Main Entry:
de·bate
Pronunciation:
\di-ˈbāt, dē-\
Function:
noun
Date:
13th century

: a contention by words or arguments: as a: the formal discussion of a motion before a deliberative body according to the rules of parliamentary procedure b: a regulated discussion of a proposition between two matched sides

Main Entry:
debate
Function:
verb
Inflected Form(s):
de·bat·ed; de·bat·ing
Etymology:
Middle English, from Anglo-French debatre, from de- + batre to beat, from Latin battuere
Date:
14th century

intransitive verb
1obsolete : fight, contend
2 a: to contend in words b: to discuss a question by considering opposed arguments
3: to participate in a debate
transitive verb
1 a: to argue about <the subject was hotly debated> b: to engage (an opponent) in debate
2: to turn over in one's mind <he's still debating what to do>
~Merriam Webster Online Dictionary

Besides debate = argument, you must remember that there are other purposes for cannabis besides getting high.

Quote:
Medical use
Main article: Medical cannabis

A synthetic form of one chemical in cannabis, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is used as a treatment for a wide range of medical conditions.

In the United States, although the FDA does acknowledge that "there has been considerable interest in its use for the treatment of a number of conditions, including glaucoma, AIDS wasting, neuropathic pain, treatment of spasticity associated with multiple sclerosis, and chemotherapy-induced nausea," the agency has not approved "medical marijuana". The FDA does facilitate scientific investigations into the medical uses of cannabinoids. Comparable authorities in Western Europe, including the Netherlands, have not approved smoked cannabis for any condition or disease.

In a collection of writings on medical marijuana by 45 researchers, a literature review on the medicinal uses of cannabis and cannabinoids concluded that established uses include easing of nausea and vomiting, anorexia, and weight loss; "well-confirmed effect" was found in the treatment of spasticity, painful conditions (i.e. neurogenic pain), movement disorders, asthma, and glaucoma. Reported but "less-confirmed" effects included treatment of allergies, inflammation, infection, epilepsy, depression, bipolar disorders, anxiety disorder, dependency and withdrawal. Basic level research was being carried out at the time on autoimmune disease, cancer, neuroprotection, fever, disorders of blood pressure.

Clinical trials conducted by the American Marijuana Policy Project, a pro-cannabis organization, have shown the efficacy of cannabis as a treatment for cancer and AIDS patients, who often suffer from clinical depression, and from nausea and resulting weight loss due to chemotherapy and other aggressive treatments. A synthetic version of the cannabinoid THC named dronabinol has been shown to relieve symptoms of anorexia and reduce agitation in elderly Alzheimer's patients. Dronabinol has been approved for use with anorexia in patients with HIV/AIDS and chemotherapy-related nausea. This drug, while demonstrating the effectiveness of cannabis at combating several disorders, is more expensive and less available than "pot" and has not been shown to be effective or safe.

Glaucoma, a condition of increased pressure within the eyeball causing gradual loss of sight, can be treated with medical marijuana to decrease this intraocular pressure. There has been debate for 25 years on the subject. Some data exist, showing a reduction of IOP in glaucoma patients who smoke cannabis, but the effects are short-lived, and the frequency of doses needed to sustain a decreased IOP can cause systemic toxicity. There is also some concern over its use since it can also decrease blood flow to the optic nerve. Marijuana lowers IOP by acting on a cannabinoid receptor on the ciliary body called the CB receptor. Although cannabis is not a good therapeutic choice for glaucoma patients, it may lead researchers to more effective, safer treatments. A promising study shows that agents targeted to ocular CB receptors can reduce IOP in glaucoma patients who have failed other therapies.

Medical cannabis is also used for analgesia, or pain relief. It is also reported to be beneficial for treating certain neurological illnesses such as epilepsy, and bipolar disorder.[78] Case reports have found that cannabis can relieve tics in people with obsessive compulsive disorder and Tourette syndrome. Patients treated with tetrahydrocannabinol, the main psychoactive chemical found in cannabis, reported a significant decrease in both motor and vocal tics, some of 50% or more. Some decrease in obsessive-compulsive behavior was also found. A recent study has also concluded that cannabinoids found in cannabis might have the ability to prevent Alzheimer's disease. THC has been shown to reduce arterial blockages.

Another potential use for medical cannabis is movement disorders. cannabis is frequently reported to reduce the muscle spasms associated with multiple sclerosis; this has been acknowledged by the Institute of Medicine, but it noted that these abundant anecdotal reports are not well-supported by clinical data. Evidence from animal studies suggests that there is a possible role for cannabinoids in the treatment of certain types of epileptic seizures. A synthetic version of the major active compound in cannabis, THC, is available in capsule form as the prescription drug dronabinol (Marinol) in many countries. The prescription drug Sativex, an extract of cannabis administered as a sublingual spray, has been approved in Canada for the treatment of multiple sclerosis.
~Wikipedia

Quote:
Human uses

Cannabis plants, more commonly known as hemp for this end, is used for a wide variety of purposes, including the manufacture of cordage of varying tensile strength, clothing, and nutritional products. Industrial hemp products are made from Cannabis plants selected to produce an abundance of fiber and minimal levels of THC (Δ9- tetrahydrocannabinol). The bast fibers can be used in 100% hemp products, but are commonly blended with fibers such as flax, cotton or silk, for apparel and furnishings, most commonly at a 55%/45% hemp/cotton blend. The inner two fibers of hemp are more woody, and are more often used in non-woven items and other industrial applications, such as mulch, animal bedding and litter. The oil from the fruits ("seeds") dries on exposure to air (similar to linseed oil) and is sometimes used in the manufacture of oil-based paints, in creams as a moisturising agent, for cooking, and in plastics. Hemp seeds have been used in bird seed mix. Due to the psychoactive molecule that produces the "high" associated with marijuana, the cultivation and possession of Cannabis for recreational use is outlawed in most countries. Various extracts including hashish and hash oil are also produced from the plant.
~Wikipedia

Also, this:

Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cannabis

While I don't support constant use of marijuana for recreation, I don't see any issues with using it in moderation, the same as alcohol, tobacco, and any other recreational drug.

Yeah, you really probably should've just ranted about that guy being a creeper, and not so much about the marijuana argument. I had to do a massive project about it in my botany class this past semester, so I'm always ready to discuss it. :v

06-01-2009   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarbage
~Wikipedia

~Merriam Webster Online Dictionary

Besides debate = argument, you must remember that there are other purposes for cannabis besides getting high.

~Wikipedia

~Wikipedia

Also, this:

Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cannabis

While I don't support constant use of marijuana for recreation, I don't see any issues with using it in moderation, the same as alcohol, tobacco, and any other recreational drug.

Yeah, you really probably should've just ranted about that guy being a creeper, and not so much about the marijuana argument. I had to do a massive project about it in my botany class this past semester, so I'm always ready to discuss it. :v
Well, of course I dont mind it in moderation such as medical purposes and whatnot, I just dont want it legal for constant use.

I didnt want to mention the weed, however someone was BOUND to ask what it was about. So I told anyways. I didnt even start the argument, I even stated it on my first post ._.