Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-01-2009   #21 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

For most albums, the artists themselves spend probably less than 30 hours of actual effort in the studio. Most of an artist's time is spent on tour. If you really want to support an artist, go to their concerts. That's where most of their money comes from, anyway.

BTW, I torrent music, Kanye West hasn't given me a phone call yet, so I guess I'm fine.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-01-2009   #22 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

/bump ded topic?

Like previously said; it's never so simple. Quite frankly, if downloading helps kill 'music', then i am happy to download MOAR, and FASTER, and spread it. The music INDUSTRY as it stands needs to simply die. Greedy record labels that bleed artists dry, those organizations that REPRESENT the face of the music industry need to be robbed dry till they die.

You can never kill MUSIC.

I'm happy to pay good money to go to live events, to buy merchandise at live events. This is money going DIRECTLY to the artists. I will happily pay good money DIRECTLY to the artists.

I will also happily illegally download songs as that doesn't hurt the artists, it hurts the record labels... They're who i WANT to hurt. Tell me how i can hurt them moar, plz.

06-01-2009   #23 (permalink)
I love you

Milano has disabled reputation
IGN: Miya
Class: Italian
Level: 22
Guild: Reality

Most music artists have moved to the movie making industry. There's less movie pirating so.. they still get paid. Not AS much, but they still get paid. Movies also pay the artists to use their music, which is more money. And TV shows and commercials.. I buy albums for my car, yes. However, I am a 'cheapskate' and illegal downloader of music when it comes to single songs.

"OMG BUY THIS TRACK ONLY $10!! Their new hit single!!"
I pass, kthnx..

I think it all really depends on how much money the people have to blow on CDs..

If it was really that bad, there wouldn't be CDs still going platinum ;o

06-02-2009   #24 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

It is always a 2 way blame game.
Corporate vs Consumer
Downloading won't kill music or anything.
Just like Microsoft isn't going to fall from pirated windows.

But download does affect smaller music artists not those crazy popular ones. But i guess that's life, everything depends on a bit of luck.

It is always "We could sell the CDs cheaper if lesser people download and buy CDs" vs "We would stop downloading and buy if they sell the CDs cheaper"

That's how corporations "grow", by leeching of consumers.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

06-03-2009   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

And just for laughs: pirate party.. Ahoy mateys!

06-05-2009   #26 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Too bad no one cares. It happens all the time. Some people buy CDs, some people download it via Limewire/Bearshare.

Get over it, imo.

06-05-2009   #27 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Willing is an unknown quantity at this point

The music I download are directly from the artists' website for free (.mp3), not some protected file type that you can only toss on your iPod. They don't care about the money or fame, they care about spreading the word and giving a message.

$1 a song is quite expensive. If I was to add up all the songs I have, that would cost me around $5,000, maybe plus tax? My sister isn't even 14 years old yet and she already downloads off youtube and imeem. If it's there, and Firefox's addon lets me download it, I don't see how it can be illegal.

I am hoping you mean piracy by other things too (programs, games, movies, etc) because I don't see this can only apply to music. The music industry looks fine right now because there will always be a majority who pays for music and others who don't. Same for Windows (like someone said) and same for Photoshop.

06-05-2009   #28 (permalink)
Irish Wristwatch

Jpen has a spectacular aura aboutJpen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Inkling/Inimical
Class: Gladiator/Cyber Hunter
Level: 15x/195
Guild: pure rage

Quote:
Since the rest of the Swedes are unlikely to go to the polls it is the perfect opportunity for an election sensation and a chance for the younger generation to give the entertainment industry a swift kick in the nadgers. µ
lol. nadgers

ON TOPIC:
I dont torrent music, but one thing I do is copy friends CD's.
I havent bought a CD in about 5 years. So, I guess I'm a 2nd hand pirating profiteer, I make copies of the CD's that people downloaded illegally

"Give me a Hug"
Currently working on:
Inkling 4123 Pure AP Gladiator
Inimical 1144 Hybrid AC/LK Lion

06-06-2009   #29 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

as someone who worked for the music industry in Nashville (on music row, I was a VIP for just about every music awards show/event, not lying) and later in Los Angeles, your argument is completely wrong and if anything will help the music industry its all this downloading going on