Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Riku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the rough
Class: All The Cool Ones lu_dacy
Default [Lunia] Spammers

how annoying are they!?

using a tecnique that takes no skill what so ever, then running around in circles waitin for your MP to recharge, and then spam again!

what makes it worse is that at the end of a match, they dont even say 'GG'. they just type in something like; "haha i beat a lv63, your a noob"

GOD

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

There's different ways to play games then what people define as a "skilled" way.

Examples:
Soliders in Anarchy Online unload all their special attacks on a target in PvP to get a quick and easy kill. This is called Alphaing, even if some of the hits miss they can still kill the target.
In Mechwarrior you can link all of your weapons to one button and fire what is called an Alpha Strike and if placed properly either completely destroy the target mech or cripple it so badly they have no chance.
Snipers in FPS games(doesn't even need an explanation.)
M. Bison in Street Fighter(doesn't even need an explanation. Can still kill a player using him if you know what to watch for.)
Hit and run tactics in RTS and games such as Lunia as well as those previously mentioned are all valid ways of playing a game. If you can't handle it, don't play it.

05-20-2009   #3 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
There's different ways to play games then what people define as a "skilled" way.

Examples:
Soliders in Anarchy Online unload all their special attacks on a target in PvP to get a quick and easy kill. This is called Alphaing, even if some of the hits miss they can still kill the target.
In Mechwarrior you can link all of your weapons to one button and fire what is called an Alpha Strike and if placed properly either completely destroy the target mech or cripple it so badly they have no chance.
M. Bison in Street Fighter(doesn't even need an explanation. Can still kill a player using him if you know what to watch for.)
Hit and run tactics in RTS and games such as Lunia as well as those previously mentioned are all valid ways of playing a game. If you can't handle it, don't play it.
In L4D, picking up the sniper will automatically makes you a noob, even if you're the most skilled player EVER.

On the other hand, picking an Auto Shotgun or a M16 rifle will make you really overpowered.

This is Kyuubey

05-20-2009   #4 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
In L4D, picking up the sniper will automatically makes you a noob, even if you're the most skilled player EVER.

On the other hand, picking an Auto Shotgun or a M16 rifle will make you really overpowered.
You're a hacker in CS:S if you can use the scout and get headshots on a consistent basis(80% kills being headshots everything else being upper chest).
Stares at server bans.

05-20-2009   #5 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Quote:
You're a hacker in CS:S if you can use the scout and get headshots on a consistent basis(80% kills being headshots everything else being upper chest).
Stares at server bans.
.. I can get 80% kills as headshot and win solo against 4 people with a M4A1 lol...

But that doesn't means I'm hacking...

This is Kyuubey

05-20-2009   #6 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

^ Having a good sound card is also hacking because you can hear people on the roof of assault. Mind you this is what admins use to their defense on the servers I use to play on.

Edit: forgot about shadows. Shadows are a tool of Satan if your graphics card can render them!

Last edited by Metty; 05-20-2009 at 06:32 AM.

05-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
很可爱很想吃掉
Games
LuniaMabinogiEden EternalVindictus

Cookies has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by riku4564
what makes it worse is that at the end of a match, they dont even say 'GG'. they just type in something like; "haha i beat a lv63, your a noob"
This, people thinking they're all that.
imo, Tia abusers + X9 are the real annoying ones, all they have to do is catch you once with their random hitting, then its gg 1k per hit.

And then there are the ones that got to 65 without knowing anything besides sliding and throwing things, and goes like "wtf how i cant hit u wit slide u noob".

05-20-2009   #8 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Learn to use diagonals to catch them while they're waiting for CD/MP because no one uses diagonals.

05-20-2009   #9 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Learn to use diagonals to catch them while they're waiting for CD/MP because no one uses diagonals.
Sirge does.

Quote:
Did he ever say he couldn't handle it? No. You jump to conclusions. Rants are made to let off steam about things that piss you off. Funny how most of MMOG assumes that people rant about spammers are the ones who can't handle them. They annoy us, yes. Never stated, implied, or inferred that they were out of our control in besting them.

05-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Quote:

Examples:
Ahah, yes! Mechwarrior! Ah... brings back memories. Let me go get my Hellbringer! (Thor now, I think)

I always use a sniper rifle in most FPS games but that's only because I pride myself on being a good shot. I challenge myself to use the sniper in L4D even though it's just so pointless.

But on topic, yeah, spammers are annoying but it is a valid way to play.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

05-20-2009   #11 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
Ahah, yes! Mechwarrior! Ah... brings back memories. Let me go get my Hellbringer! (Thor now, I think)

I always use a sniper rifle in most FPS games but that's only because I pride myself on being a good shot. I challenge myself to use the sniper in L4D even though it's just so pointless.

But on topic, yeah, spammers are annoying but it is a valid way to play.
Novacat <3. Overheat from a single AS with sinks.

Last edited by Metty; 05-20-2009 at 11:06 AM.

05-20-2009   #12 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPanda
Sirge does.
I wasn't aware he still played. Or did you mean "did"?

And even then, probably half of the people that spam don't know about their A, S and Space buttons in which case you just have to predict where they're going and ta-da. It isn't that hard.

Note: If you don't use diagonals, don't expect to catch up to people who run laps. They know where they're going. You don't. Thus you are already a step behind.

And FFFFFFFFUUUUUU- MECH WARRIOR
If you held down a direction key while it changed into a movie, after the movie was finished, it'd say you were still pressing down the button even if you weren't and if you hit it again, it doesn't do anything and then I couldn't even go in a straight line. ajdsfhjksahdfk

K. Enough of that...~

05-20-2009   #13 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

oh a spammer rant again...
well here it goes...

it's true that it takes more time to kill a spammer(maybe) and it's way less fun for us...but it's a strategy, and lots of people use it. However, some people hate spammers because when they get beaten by one, they feel like all their effort has been neutralized by a random dude who doesnt even play correctly. It's not always true: it takes lots of experience and skill to be a GOOD spammer, and not just an average player who shoots every skill that's not on cooldown.

Between two newb players, the spammer will win. Between two average players, the spammer still wins. But IMO between two pro players, the comboer will win.
And this is why the only way to counter spammers is to train youself to be a pro player instead of complaining...because complaining will lead you to nowhere (k maybe certain players will stop spamming once they see your complain, but most will keep playing in their own way), while taking real action can prove to the average spammers that they MAY not have pvped the right way.

(BTW I think the best combination is to spam AND combo according to the situation)

edit: did I just kill this thread o.0

Last edited by flsg; 05-23-2009 at 07:11 PM.

05-24-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

ScatterHeart is on a distinguished road
Class: Eir lu_eir

did you o_o?
well i'll be the last to kill it if u did...
and i agree that spamming and comb-ing is a good option, it's what i do...
though, i still get kicked.

05-24-2009   #15 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

Oh I usually just kick the spammer if they end up boasting about it. Getting kicked out of room by unfair victory = pisses them off most of the time. Some whisper me and cuss me out, but hey, screenshot + email to ijji = win.

05-24-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Drarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the roughDrarin is a jewel in the rough

Depends if you're playing to win or otherwise.

If you're trying to win using 'skilled' ways, well... sorry, but you're doing it wrong.

I used to get labelled a 'spammer' last time in RO for 'spamming' HSCR (Cart Termination) on everyone. Cheap? Not exactly, as it costs lots of money and SP to do so. Effective? Very. However, some assasins and such just could not accept that fact and kept calling me 'cheap spammer'. Ugh.

Although if he mocks you for it afterwards it's pretty understandable that he's trying to be a jerk or just plain annoying.

Also, Game Design, Psychology, Flow, and Mastery - Playing to Win Index

Last edited by Drarin; 05-24-2009 at 03:45 PM.